Hair Salon

Fiction: A Mino and You story

The next day you weren’t sure how to dress so you were in a semi casual outfit with your hair down naturally and make up. You weren’t normally up so early in the morning, prior to this you were a stylist for a group that wasn’t that active, so you picked up some coffee before heading to the salon. Once you walked in a guy greeted you. 

“Yerin-sshi,”The man started,”I recognize you from your application photo, my name is Sejin, I am Highlight’s manager.”
“Hello.”You said as you bowed,”Nice to meet you.”
He bowed back and continued,”The boys are in the back, you can head over there, there are two other stylists who will be working under you.”
“Only two?”You wondered,”I thought it would be 4 more since I am also Junhyung’s stylist.”
“Ah no,”The manger explained,”The whole team has three, but Junhyung is going to have a solo comeback soon and you will be his sole stylist at that time.”
“Ah okay,”You nodded finally understanding. 

With that you headed to the back and exchanged introductions with the Highlight members.

“Wah,”Doojoon awed,”You have a lot more sense than our last stylist.”
“Yeah,”Yoseob nodded,”You’re going to dress that nice for all our schedules?”

You looked down confused, you were just in jeans and a blazer really with Adidas MNDs, when you noticed the other two stylists were in hoodies and sweats with face masks on. (Oh no.) To be honest you liked to dress a bit up, at least this much. Too walk around in a hoodie and sweats when walking with idols was a no no. You walked over to the other two stylists and looked them up and down.

“Change.”You quickly instructed.
“Excuse me?”One of the stylist asked politely, clearly confused.
“What’s your name? How old are you two?”You asked quietly.
“I’m Yesul.”The only one who answered said,”And that’s Mejin. We’re both 22.”
“Go change.”You repeated,”We are a styling team. I get hoodies and sweats for a hip-hop team, which they clearly are not, or because of busy schedule, but that’s not an excuse to look like a slob. I don’t know how it was with your last head stylist but that isn’t me. At least change into jeans and proper shoes if you’re going to wear a hoodie. Fancams will show you looking like trash next to them.”
The girls stood there speechless.
“Now please.”You said irritated,”The next schedule isn’t until 9, you have time.”

They just looked at you before they left the salon. You could feel your face heat up from embarrassment, you forgot Highlight was there for a second. You tend to do that when you were in your zone. But then you heard clapping. You turned around to see Highlight clapping and laughing.

“Thank gawd someone said something,”Dongwoon sighed,”We didn’t want to be rude.”
“And neither did the last head stylist.”Yosoeb agreed.
“Uhm, I’m sorry I should have taken them-”You started.
“No it’s okay,”Doojoon reassured,”We need someone with a back bone.”

They were clearly trying to break the ice with you and you all continued small talk when Junhyung walked up to you. He put his hands in his pockets and bent over a bit to get to your height. You were caught off guard but stood your ground. He tilted his head to the side and after a second more he stood up and held out his hand.

“I look forward to working with you Yerin.”He smiled sweetly.
You felt your cheeks get hot again and you took his hand,”Same. Thank you!”

This was just the beginning.

A couple weeks had passed and you were already pretty close to the Highlight members and your stylist coworkers. Today it was just you since Junhyung was the only one with schedules today, mostly recordings for tonights music shows. It was weird not being with a full on group since the amount of staff needed was a lot lower. For the most part it was just you, Sejin, and a couple other people.

“Wow, you do makeup now too huh?”Junhyung teased as you continued applying his foundation on.
“I can’t help that we’re on a budget.”You shrugged,”You’re welcome by the way.”
Junhyung laughed,”Ah, you know I’m joking. You do way more than we pay you for.”
“Are you offering me a pay raise CEO?”You asked as you started on his eyebrows.

Guys were lucky their makeup was so easy. Junhyung looked at you and you both started laughing after a second or two of silence.

“Yah!”Junhyung shot,”I’m not rich you know! And I’m not CEO either!”
“Yeah,”You agreed,”At least if you were CEO getting this close to you would have been worth it.”
“Wow.”Junhyung said smiling at you,”Just wow.”

You both continued talking, actually conversating, when you heard someone stop at the door.

“Yerin?”A familiar voice asked. 

You and Junhyung turned to look out into the hall and your whole body filled with excitement. It was Mino.

“Minho!”You gasped, and before you knew it you ran into his arms.