Chapter 2

When time is precious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun grunted as he held onto his bloodied arm, Chen rushed from behind and aided his friend somewhere safe. The army was at battle with a neighbouring kingdom that was close to their boarders. The two kingdom's were fighting against each other in the dark forest, under the bright moon light and far from the palace. The Idris soldiers had made sure that this battle would not be dragged to their kingdom and would remain on the boarders. 

 

"Sehun, you need to leave now," Chen spoke as he quickly tore his shirt sleeve, wrapping it around Sehun's wound as he laid against a large bolder that hid the two from sight. The two could hear the yells and cries from each soldier on battle, the cries of their men and the cries of the enemy, a war has broken out between Idris and Impor, a war that no one wished for. 

 

"No, I cannot leave my squadron here and run away," he growled as he held onto the arrow in his hand that had hit his shoulder, he held it tightly and fiercely looked into his friend's eyes. 

 

"There's no time, you know what these guys are here for," the other soldier grabbed Sehun's shoulders and looked him square in the eye. "They're here for Luhan, you must go to the palace and make sure that the prince is safe," 

 

Sehun grit his teeth as he looked at his friend. He knew that from the beginning, but the enemies surprise attack had Sehun leaving Luhan's side which he was never meant to do. The King and officials were gone from the Kingdom on some royal business. The soldier breathed heavily as he gave a nod to his friend and slowly got up. 

 

"Don't die," he could feel his stomach turning in discomfort as he saw the look in Chen's face. They were out numbered, although Chen was a great fighter, everyone had their limits, and Chen's body has already reached its limits. A soldier called Kris yelled out for Chen. The two friends looked at each other one last time before they each turned their backs and ran to their destinations. Chen to the battlefield while Sehun to the palace. 

 

++++

 

Sehun arrived at the back of palace, he looked up at a large stone balcony that lead to Luhan's room. With swift movements, careful that he wouldn't hurt his shoulder again, Sehun managed to climb up to the balcony where a large class window greeted him. The night was silent, he was glad that no one in the palace or kingdom was able to hear the battle that was happening in the forest. He couldn't help but turn back to look at the forest, worried for his friends and soldiers. Sehun had no choice but to leave their side to make sure that the prince was safe. The soldier let out a long sigh as quickly fixed himself up, making sure that the wound Chen had wrapped had stop bleeding a little as he straightened his uniform. The older man tapped lightly on the glass window, hoping that the young one would hear and open. 

 

The doors opened and what greeted Sehun was beauty and the most beautiful flower in this country. 

 

"Sehun?" Luhan whispered gently as he looked at his soldier with wide eyes. Luhan was dressed in a silk night gown that slightly trailed on the ground that also fell from his shoulders, revealing his smooth pale skin. He looked angelic under the bright moon light, Luhan was more beautiful than the stars and moon. The prince had large doe eyes with long thick lashes that gently brushed against Luhan's cheeks whenever he blinked. His cherry lips and button nose were Sehun's move favourite. The young prince had blossomed into such beauty over these past few years when Sehun was watching over him. "What are you doing out so late at night? I was just getting ready for bed" he asked worriedly. 

 

"Just checking on my beautiful petal," he chuckled as he wrapped one arm around Luhan's waist, bringing him closer. Luhan giggled as he held his hands against Sehun's strong chest. 

 

"Did you just come up here to flirt?" the prince batted his lashes as he looked at Sehun lovingly. His handsome soldier never failed to bring a smile to his face. "Come in Sehun," Luhan smiled as he looked back to his room. 

 

"No beautiful, I can't tonight," he sadly smiled as he grabbed both of Luhan's hands from his chest and held onto them tightly. Luhan looked at the soldier in slight worry as Sehun never refused his offers. 

 

"What's wrong?" the prince's eyebrows creased in worry. Sehun sighed deeply as he leaned back onto the balcony and pulled Luhan along with him. The soldier stayed silent as he buried his head in Luhan's neck. 

 

"S-Sehun stop," he stuttered as he felt his gown slip from his shoulders and the cold breeze hit him. Luhan panicked slightly as he quickly fixed his gown. Sehun chuckled and pressed his forehead against Luhan's, their hot breathes could be felt on each other. The two looked into each other's eyes deeply with love and passion. 

 

"The day that your father promised you to me, I only saw a spoilt little boy that wanted his father's attention," Sehun began but only received a light punch from a pouting Luhan. "But then as I watched over you grow and protected you from all those bad goons, i saw something else. I saw a bright young boy that was passionate about his country and his people," 

 

The prince blushed slightly as Sehun hugged the boy even tighter.

 

"Sehun we can have this talk another time, just come in, it's cold out here and warm in there. You're an old man now so you have to take care of yourself," Luhan giggled but only received a glare from Sehun.

 

Before Sehun could open his mouth and speak back, loud screams could be heard and a fire suddenly broke out in the forest. Flock of birds flew from the trees and into the sky, escaping from the bright orange flames. Luhan gasped in horror as he looked at the flames that engulfed the forest in a matter of seconds. Sehun felt his heart beat rapidly as he grit his teeth and cursed loudly. He knew that those flames meant trouble, his men were down and they were struggling to keep up with the enemies attacks. 

 

"Petal, get inside now," Sehun commanded in a low voice as he looked over the balcony, getting ready to make a jump. 

 

"W-What's happening, why's there a fire and why can I hear screams?" Luhan stuttered in fear as he clenched onto his gown. He ran to the edge of the balcony and saw a few soldiers running back to the palace to guard the doors and fight the enemy away. "Are those soldiers from Impor!?" 

 

"Luhan get inside, don't make me repeat myself," Sehun growled as he grabbed onto Luhan's wrist. 

 

"Let go!" Luhan cried as he glared back at Sehun. "You knew about this? Is that why you appear in front of me with a bleeding shoulder?" the prince hissed as he pointed to Sehun's injured shoulder. Sehun inwardly cursed as he thought he had covered it up well with his uniform. 

 

"I had to check if you were safe or not, it seems that I have to go now," Sehun grumbled as he held onto his shoulder. 

 

"Sehun no! You're going there right? Don't go, it's too dangerous," Luhan begged as he cried into Sehun's chest. The fire was spreading towards the palace and Luhan trembled in fear. "Papa and Mr Han aren't here, I'm scared! Don't leave," the prince sobbed as he looked at Sehun with tearful eyes. 

 

 "Luhan, I have to go, my men are fighting to their death. I swear I'll come back alive to you,"

 

"No, if you jump down there and leave me, I will no longer be your fiancé," Luhan spoke those words but he knew that he didn't mean it. He loved his soldier so much that he would do anything to be with him and he was the most luckiest person on this planet to be with Sehun. He had to than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter