Chapter 1

When time is precious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Find the young prince!" 

 

"The King and Queen will be arriving home soon!" 

 

"Prince Luhan has not had his breakfast yet!" 

 

"Troublesome prince he is!" 

 

A small young blonde giggled in his small hands as he hid behind a large closet in a dark room. The young prince peeked from the side with his large eyes, seeing no maids or butlers running around anymore he took a step from behind the closet and looked out from the room. When the hallway was clear, he quickly rushed into another room that was open, his long silk gown trailing behind him like a train. His gown was deep red colour, the same as his countries flowers. The boy giggled as he looked around and was about to head to another room when a pair of strong arms lifted the boy, making the boy let out a shriek scream in shock. 

 

"CAUGHT YOU LUHAN!" a loud voice yelled as he held Luhan close to his chest. The young prince smiled widely as he saw his favourite butler smiling down at him. 

 

"Bushy!" he laughed in happiness as he pulled onto Steve's beard. Steve was the head butler of the palace and had developed a strong relationship with the young friend. Although Steve was an old man, he was able to make the young prince smile and laugh each day without fail. 

 

"Being a naughty boy young prince? Should I tell your father?" Steve glared at the boy playfully and glared at him a little. Luhan's eyes that were once b with excitement was turned to grief as his eyes turned glossy. 

 

"BUSHY MEAN!" Luhan cried as he kicked around and roughly grabbed Steve's long beard, causing the old man to be yanked down slightly in pain. 

 

"OW OW OW," Steve cried in pain as he quickly dashed down the hallway, going to the only person who knew how to calm the young prince down. 

 

 

 

"Are you an idiot!" an old maid yelled as she smacked Steve across the head with a large pan. Luhan sat at the kitchen table at the maids quarters looking at the bickering elderly couple with a giggle while eating his slice of cake. 

 

"Ouch Chrisa!" Steve hissed in pain as he rubbed his sore head. The head maid looked at the head butler with a questionable look. 

 

"You made the young prince cry and disrupted the work of the other maids and butlers," she scolded the man. "You're no longer the same young butler that you once were, you're even nearing your death bed so don't stress so much," Chrisa shook her head as she glared at Steve. 

 

"Little guy just likes me too much," he smirked as he gave Luhan a wink. 

 

"JUST GET BACK TO WORK!" she yelled as she chased the butler out. Steve let out a cry as he looked at Luhan one last time before waving a goodbye. 

 

"Steve!" Luhan whined as he pointed to the door where the head butler had just gone through. 

 

"Come on young prince," Chrisa let out a long sigh along with a smile. Luhan nodded happily as he grabbed onto Chrisa's hand and the other hand held his little cake. 

 

The two walked out from the kitchen, through the mass of working people. The maids and butlers gave Luhan a little greeting with respect but still made sure to give him a smile. The two headed along to the other hallway that had many rooms for study and also was the place where a large library was built, especially for the royal children to study. It was already time for his private lesson with his tutor Ryder. 

 

From a young age, the prince was assigned the duty to learn the rules and history of his country and his people. The King and Queen wished for Luhan to also learn manners and respect to grow up and be a fine prince for this country. The little blonde boy nibbled quietly on his cake while Chrisa dragged them both along the hallway and down the heavy staircases to the entrance of the library. 

 

The boys eyes widened as he saw the large wooden library doors getting closer and closer and he knew what that meant. The little boy wasn't stupid, he knew that it was time for his dreadful lesson with his tutor Ryder. Luhan would have to sit through another boring lecture of manners and what is takes to be a prince, but all those lessons seemed to have gone through one ear and out the other. Those lessons proved to be meaningless to Luhan and the workers when they caught Luhan drawing across the floor board of his parents bed chambers with pink crayons. That was the day the King and Queen had scolded the maids for not looking after Luhan properly and also teaching him what was right and wrong. 

 

"Chrissy no!" the boy whined as he stopped in his tracks and not taking a step further. The maid sighed as she had to put up with his meaningless struggles three times a week. The boy nearly cried as Chrisa refused to let go of his tiny hand because she knew that once she would let go, the little boy would be bolting down the hallway already. 

 

The maid sighed as she knelt down to Luhan's eye level. 

 

"Young prince, do you want to make your father proud and become a wonderful prince for this country?" she gently smiled as she the boy's hair away from his eyes. Luhan thought for awhile as he bit his lips, his cute little face showed his struggled to think of an answer for the maid before him. 

 

"Luhan wants to be a good boy!" he squealed as he smiled brightly at the maid. 

 

"So if i let go of this hand, you have to go into the library with Ryder okay?" she questioned him as she looked at the prince with unsure eyes because Luhan would never give up so easily. 

 

"Yes Chrisa, Luhan wants to make his father happy!" he whined and pouted. "So let me go already!" he begged Chrisa. The elderly maid laughed a little as she nodded her head and let go of the boy's hand, and oh did she regret it. 

 

Luhan was already running away down the hallway from where they came from, Chrisa had never seen the young prince run so fast before.

 

"YOUNG PRINCE!" she yelled out as she picked herself up and chased the little boy down the hallway. She wasn't as young as she used to be, she shouldn't be chasing a little five year old down the hallway as she was already old and brittle. Chrisa called for the other maids and butlers nearby that were on duty to catch the small boy. 

 

 

Luhan lifted his silk gown up high so that he wouldn't trip as he hurried down the grand staircase that lead to the entrance of the palace. He could hear screams of his name and title from behind, the young prince looked back to see other maids and butlers hurriedly trying to catch up to him. Luhan giggled and waved back, not looking where he was going, the end of his gown came in contact with his foot. The small prince squeaked as he tumbled down to the floor. The maids screamed in horror as they were afraid that Luhan was harmed and hurt. If he were to be hurt or there would be a scratch on his porcelain skin, they would not be able to get away with punishment. Every worker hurried down the stairs in worry but before they could catch up to the prince, Luhan was already up and dusting his gown

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter