SMTown Chicago (SHINee's Back!)

(Under Major Revision) The SHINee World 2.0

A/n: the first chapter! Maybe long, maybe not. We'll see.

 

"You would think that with all the money those guys have that they would get us a ride to our hotel from the airport, but, no. Here we are trying to hail a taxi i Chicago's O' Hare," Lucas Anderson grumbled.

"Oh, stop your complaining already! We'll get there! Just hang on!" Stacy Sullivan snapped, trying and failing to flag down a yellow cab. "Don't these people know how to stop?!"

"He's got a point though," Nikki Faraday said. "With the money they got, they coulda got us a limo for the week."

Maya Crawford sighed adn frowned. "A limo sounds really nice right now."

Just then, a silver SUV pulled up in front of the them. The window rolled down to reveal a smiling Lee Taesun in the driver's seat.

"Need a ride?" he asked in a Korean accent.

"Well, it's no limo, but it's got a cute Korean guy in it!" Stephanie Michaels squealed.

"Hey now. That 'cute Korean guy' is my boyfriend," Alyson Aarons warned with a playful tone.

Taesun, like always, just smiled and laughed as they piled in.

 

Once they arrived at the hotel, Taesun showed them to their rooms. Of course, the SHINee Girls would be staying with their respecitve SHINee boy, Alyson would be with Taesun in his room, and the last four would all be sharing a room. They all set their luggage in their rooms and converged in Taesun and Alyson's room.

"So where are the boys?" Christian Jones asked.

"They're at the United Center getting one last rehearsal in before the concert today. They'll be there all day."

"Wow. This is a pretty big one, huh?" Christine asked.

Taesun shrugged. "It sold out within ten minutes."

"That's faster than the one in Paris!" Amy Johnson gawked.

"That big block party they do before the concert is goin on now. Do you all want to go now?"

"Of course!" Alyson cried. "Let's go now!"

It took about thirty minutes to get to the area around the United Center. The entire field was filled with booths, stands, and tables selling everything from Korean food to souviniers. There were areas where fans were dancing crazily to their favorite SM Town artists' songs. There was even a place for people to sign up for an audition to get into SM Entertainment. It was one big festival for K-pop and SM fans. Everywhere you looked there were K-pop fanatics and the idol's faces plastered onto virtually everything. It was colorful and alive with the spirit of Seoul and South Korea.

Stephanie spotted a stand selling CDs and K-pop music. She grabbed Nikki and dragged her off yelling, "Let's go! I still have to buy Sherlock and SNSD's English album!!!!"

Christian sniffed the air. "I smell kimchi fried rice." He his lips. "And a few other thinks I can't name." And off he went in search of Korean delicacies.

Lucas didn't say anything but vanished after they passed by a booth selling merchandise like notebooks and sketchbooks and other things with K-pop themes.

Taesun turned to Alyson. "You can go explore if you want. I can find you later or we can meet up somewhere."

"You kidding me?" She hooked her arm around his. "I just got you back. I'm not letting you go anywhere alone."

Taesun smiled and chuckled. He turned to the girls. "What about you girls? I'm surprised you haven't ran off screaming yet."

Stacy rolled her eyes at the elder Lee. "When you have SHINee for boyfriends, you sort of get all this stuff in the mail."

He nodded. "I know that feeling. My room back at our parents house looks like a shawol fangirl's from all the stuff Dongsaeng sent me."

Just then they spotted a SHINee themed stand. There was everything from Sherlock to their very first mini album, Replay. Taesun picked up a copy of Replay and Sherlock in each hand. He scoffed, looking at them. He turned to the others, holding up the albums.

"It'll be six years this year since their debut. Six years and they've gone from Korea's cutesy little brothers to this." He smiled at the picture of the boys back in 2008. "Now tell me I'm not nostalgic."

The girls laughed. Then, a group of fans screamed as a new song came on. The song was Noona Neomu Yeppo. The SHINee Girls smiled and ran toward the crowd of fans. they pushed and shoved their way through the crowd to the clearing in the middle. They got into their places and started dancing shamelessly to the song they had practiced and mastered numerous times.

They did it perfectly. From the very beginning to the very end. Jaylenn nailed Taemin's solo, like always. And they didn't just dance, they sang too. It was as if a girl version of SHINee had appeared and given them a special performance. When it ended, it ended too soon. They finished strong, standing in place for a moment, posing. The fans screamed and cried and went wild.

"Oh my God!!!! Who are you guys!!!???" a girl cried out.

"Can you do any more?" a fanboy asked.

"Quick! Someone play another!!!!" someone shouted out.

Lucifer started playing.

"Well," Amy said to the others. "Looks like we're gonna be here a while."

They smiled and got into place. They spent almost the whole time dancing to SHINee songs and a few other songs too. Then the crowd begged them to sing and they did. The crowd ate their performances up like they were a real idol group from SM Entertainment. Little did they know, they were being watched by someone very important...

 

"Wow! That was just amazing!" Taesun said to the girls. "I had absolutely no idea that you five got that good!" He shook his head, munching on a piece of sushi. "And when Jaylenn did that one part of Dongsaeng's from the Korean Lucifer video where he pointed at himself? I was dying of laughter! It was exactly the same!!!"

Jaylenn made a face. "If I had the leather and fishnet vest I would have popped my collar."

"And I would have been dead!" Taesun laughed. "But really, you guys should be made the official female SHINee. People, especially Koreans, would kill to see that."

"Ha!" Maya laughed. "Us?! The 'official female SHINee'?! That's hilarious!!!"

"Never say never," Taesun shrugged. "Anyway, the concert is about to start in less than an hour. Let's get into the stadium and find our seats."

And that's about how long it took for them to find their AWOL friends and get into the stadium to the enormous area filled with seats and a huge stage that ventured out halfway into the seating area. As it turned out, SHINee got them seats in a perfect spot up front on the side so they could see everything clearly and up close. So there they sat in their seats, adorned with SM gear (well, mostly Jaylenn's friends, save for Taesun who had bought a fan with Taemin on it just to be funny), waiting for the concert to start. It seemed like forever that they were waiting for, but then the lights shut off and the audience of about 30 or 50 thousand people cried out in anticipation before quieting down to wait for the first performance.

A dim gold light filled the stage, showing six dark sillouettes on the back part of the stage on the left. The music started and spotlights revealed EXO-K dancing to History. The audience erupted into earsplitting cries and screams, mostly from Stephanie, Maya, and Christian. Even Taesun was cheering. After the six EXOs performed for a bit the lights went out on them and revealed EXO-M on the other end of the stage. They performed a part of their Mandarin version of History and after that the two subgroups came together to form one whole EXO and performed in Korean right in front of the audience. At the end they freezed and let the audience applaud and scream for them. Kai looked over and found them. He smiled and winked at Jaylenn. She flushed and waved at him and the others who were looking at them curiously as her friends shook her by the shoulders.

The stage went dark again and then lit up again. A large group of girls walked out and the crowd went crazy again. It was SNSD. Their English version of The Boys started playing. Their song went by quickly, it seemed, but it was still entertaining and powerful. Then, the girls came forward with their microphones.

"Hello everyone and welcome to the SMTown Concert in Chicago! We are Girls' Generation!" Seohyun's sweet voice rang through the stadium. The crowd cheered.  "Are you all excited?" The response said yes. "Well we are too! We, like our label mates here tonight, are very happy to be back in the States."

"Yes, we are very excited!" Jessica smiled. "And there are a lot of us here tonight, ready to give Chicago the best K-pop concert experience ever!" The audience thought that was perfectly fine.

"And tonight we have here groups like who you just saw perform their second prologue single, History, EXO. Also we brought with us TVXQ, our returning solo artist BoA, f (x), and in addition to, of course, Super Junior, we brought everyone's favorite shining idols SHINee!!!"

The screams and shouts went on for at lest three minutes straight.

"Of course, you all like that. So let's get on with the music and have some fun!!!" Sunny said. The SNSD girls cheered with the crowd and disappeared backstage.

The next performance was TVXQ with Keep Your Head Down, which was a show stopping performance, even though they were only two people. They left the crowd sceaming for more. Then, after the boy duo, was the amazing BoA, coming out with Energetic. When she came out, everyone stepped back to let Jaylenn dance to the song with her. She was a master of this song, so every move was right in place. The audience around them were trying to watch both BoA and Jaylenn at the same time. It was like a mini party with the two girls as the guests of honor. When the song ended both BoA and Jaylenn were sweating (Jaylenn more than BoA).

"What's up, Chicago?!" BoA shouted into her microphone. "You havin' a good time?" The crowd shouted. "Yeah, I know you're havin' fun. Especially this one down here." BoA pointed to Jaylenn, who pretended she wasn't there while the people around her cheered. "Yeah, I saw you down there dancing with me!" BoA smiled and turned to the greater audience. "Actually, I know her and her friends. And so does another certain group backstage. But I can't tell you about that. All I can say is look forward to later in the concert. Anyway, for now, just enjoy the concert. And this is a very special concert tonight because this marks a big turning point for SM. But, again, I can't talk about that either." She thought for a moment. "I don't have anything to talk about!" The crowd laughed. "Ah well. Let's just keep partyin'! I'll see ya later!"

Jaylenn hung her head. "BoA unnie pointed me out...." The others laughed.

For the next half hour, f (x) came out and performed Chu first then did some talking. After that they performed La Ta Cha, then the stadium went dark. It stayed that way for a good minute and a half Stacy and Taesun could have swore the heard gears moving underneath the stage in front of them. Then, a mystical and mysterious music started playing and the light slowly turned up. The girls jumped back. SHINee stood in queue right in front of them with Minho in front. They all screamed along with the rest of the audience. Together, the boys performed their newest single, Sherlock. The audience screamed the Sherlock fanchant and Jonghyun started singing as the rest of them danced. Next was Onew. Then Taemin, his hair a cross between red and brown. Key did his parts sassily. Jonghyun's voice added a smooth, mysterious feel to it. Then came the part everyone loved; their silly, yet awesome skipping dance with the chorus. Minho did his first part, and Key came after him. Back and forth across the stage they danced and sang their famous hybrid remix of Clue and Note. The girls tried (and failed) to copy their jumping part, and Christine chickened out on the leap over Stacy. And, last but not least, the finale that the girls couldn't get enough of.

"Tonight...! SHINee's in the house!"

"So give it up, give it up, give it up for~~! SHINee~!"

"Give it up, give it up, give it up for SHINee~!"

And Jonghyun with his head turn at the end that made him look like a roaring T-Rex. The audience roared and cheered for almost five minutes while SHINee calmed down enough to talk.

They took a deep breath and bowed. "Hello everyone! We are shining SHINee!" they said in English.

They paused to let the crowd get their screams out again.

Jonghyun raised his microphone to his lips, then huffed and lowered it, laughing at his own tiredness. Then he tried again. "And that was our first performance of Sherlock in the US! There! I got it out! Man am I tired!"

The girls, Taesun, and Jaylenn's friends all laughed at Jonghyun, Maya laughing the hardest.

Key rolled his eyes. "How can you be tired after our first song?"

"Yah! Hush! That song is tiring and you know it!" Jonghyun pointed an accusing finger at Key.

"What about me? I'm the dancer!" Taemin input. Taesun laughed at his younger brother.

Minho turned to him. "You're not the one who has to run across stage pointing and flinging his arms plus jump over Key at the end of the song."

Taemin pouted and the girls in the audience screamed.

"Are you surprised yet?" Onew asked the audience suddenly. "We speak English!!!"

Amy laughed at her boyfriend's silliness. They had no doubt that every screaming fan in that stadium was crying from happiness that they could understand the boys.

"Anyway," Jonghyun said. "BoA noona almost gave us away earlier, didn't she?"

"Yes she did," Taemin nodded.

Realization dawned on the audience and the group got stares.

"That's right!" Jonghyun yelled. "We know them!" He looked around. "Where'd they go? I just saw them!"

Minho tapped his shoulder. Jonghyun turned around. He pointed at them. Jonghyun looked down, pointed and cried, "Ah ha! Found them! Thought you could hide, eh?"

"No! You're just blind!" Maya yelled.

Jonghyun looked at his group mates. "She just called me blind." The other boys and the audience laughed hysterically. "I haven't seen Maya in seven months and the first thing she calls me is blind." Then he turned back around and pointed at him. "But, yah! Who's this person! Taemin! Come over here!" Jonghyun dragged Taemin over. "Taemin-ah! Who is this person!? I can't remember!"

Taemin smiled widely. "Ah, that's my hyung, Taesun!"

Taesun smiled back and waved, a mirror image of Taemin. But then everyone around them started staring at him and snapping pictures.

Aish, Dongsaeng! Look what your fame has done to your hyung! I'm not even an ulzzang, at least! Eottoke?! -_-"

Taemin laughed at his hyung. "I think you'd better get used to it hyung!"

Taesun "merong"ed him. Taemin laughed again then turned to Jaylenn. "Annyeong, my Jaylenn noona! I missed you!"

Jaylenn smiled and waved as the crowd cried. Lights flashed as pictures of her were taken. She heard comments amongst the screaming crowd like "OMG! She's so pretty!" "She's so lucky to be with Taemin!" "Is she older than him? She looks like she's still in high school! Why 'noona' and not dongsaeng?"

Then Onew popped up and pointed at Amy. "And that's my noona, Amy, right there! Hello noona!!!!!"

Amy laughed and waved back. "Hi Onew!"

"She's cuter than Taemin's noona!"

"She's so small! Look at her!"

"Yah! Minho! Say hello to your noona!" Key demanded.

"Hello Christine noona. I hope you've been doing well," Minho waved and smiled at her.

"Ne! I've been well, Minho!" Christine shouted back.

"And that's all of them. Well, except for Jaylenn's friends there who helped take care of us when we got sick last year. Thank you! Hope you all have been well!" Jonghyun said. "Anyway, if you saw our interview on YouTube about them and our vacation you know about them. We met them last year because Taemin decided to get us a vacation in LA so he could see Jaylenn, who sent him a fan letter through the mail. That led us to meet the others and-bam!-suddenly we're not single anymore."

"So we spent a whole five months traveling and hanging out with them. They even got to meet our son Jung Yoogeun, BoA noona who taught them to dance and sing, Kai from EXO-K, Taemin's brother Taesun, and even Jonghyun's noona Kim Seodam," Onew elaborated.

"Ne. And we even made some friends in Rome, Italy! If you guys are watching this, hello Alex, Selene, Aria, Issac, and Nathan! We hope to see you again someday!" Taemin waved at the nearest camera.

"We had a very fun and relaxing and even crazy time with them last summer. They showed and reminded us what it's like to be normal people, without the fame, and this summer we hope to show them our world and what it's like in the K-pop and entertainment industry," Key added.

The girls turned to each other. "What?!"

"So, without further ado, this is for them! Everybody this Japanese Replay!" Jonghyun announced loudly.

And so they performed the girls' favorite song for them up on stage and the girls enjoyed every minute of it.

 

After SHINee performed Japanese Replay, next was Super Junior with Sorry Sorry. They gave their speech to the audience and brought out SNSD again with Run Devil Run and Mr. Taxi. Then, surprisingly, it was EXO-K and EXO-M with Two Moons, featuring Taemin dancing with them and Key rapping his part and dancing a bit. Then they paused to do their talking to the audience.

"We are one! Hello everyone! We are EXO!" they bowed and introduced themselves.

"Thank you everyone for coming! We are very excited tonight!" Kris said first in English.

"Yes, we are very excited because this is our very first SMTown concert. Also, we've been working hard learing English so we could speak to all of you fans tonight," Suho continued.

"And thank you to Taemin and Key sunbaes for helping us with our rap song Two Moons!" Chanyeol said enthusiastically.

The crowd cried and applauded as Taemin and Key bowed. "Anything for our EXO hoobaes!" Key said.

"Ne. We had a lot of fun helping out," Taemin added.

"And it's good to see the girls again!" Kai said waving at the SHINee Girls.

"Annyeong haseyo Kai oppa!" they yelled.

"Hopefully, this time we all will get to spend time with them," Xiumin said.

"Ne, we all have been looking forward to meeting them," Baekhyun nodded.

"Yes yes yes! And then you'll be calling all of us oppa!" Chanyeol clapped childishly.

"But...I thought they were older than us?" Tao looked confused.

"So? Taemin calls Jaylenn noona and she's younger than him. They can call us oppa, even though they're older," DO said.

Luhan and Sehun laughed. "That doesn't make any sense!"

"I'm sure they'll be very happy to call you all oppa," Key said to stop the debate.

"Right, anyway," Kris said. "This is going to be an exciting and busy year for us all. And we hope to bring our music to all parts of the world, especially here in the States and North America!"

"And we'll be looking forward to see what EXO comes out with next!" Taemin said.

"So, Taemin and I and EXO-M have to go backstage now, but I'm sure EXO-K has another song for you all," Key said. "Right Suho-ssi?"

"That's right! Everyone this the Korean version of Machine!" Suho shouted.

After that awesome performance, next was BoA singing I Did It For Love with Baekhyun (instead of Key like last time). Everyone went nuts over that performance. Then it was Super Junior again with Bonamana. Then it was a show stopping performance of SMTown's special performance with Taemin, Kai, Eunhyuk and some of the girls from SNSD. The concert was reaching it's . Next, EXO came back out with the mixed version of MAMA. After that was SHINee again. They stood there with mircophones in hand.

"Well," Jonghyun said with a huff. "I think it's time we out the secret we've been holding back all this time."

"Yes, and our secret is...!" Onew started.

"Two of the SM Entertainment artists are going to be staying here to debut in English!" Key shouted.

"And we're one of them!" Taemin finished.

Everyone screamed in excitement while the girls just stood there gaping in shock.

"The other group to debut in English is our friends EXO," Onew continued. "And also, SNSD will be staying also to come out with another English album! SMTown is going English!"

"And to celebrate, here's the remix of Ring Ding Dong!" Jonghyun shouted as they all got into position.

Maya turned to the other girls. "They're staying?"

"They're staying!" Jaylenn cried, hugging both Maya and Amy.

Stacy shook Christine by the shoulders. "Our boys are staying!!!!!"

Excitedly, the girls enjoyed the rest of the concert. After Ring Ding Dong the remix was SNSD again with Genie. Then it was BoA Eat You Up, which Jaylenn danced to, some of the audience recording fancams of her. f (x) came out with NU ABO and afterwards Super Junior's Don't Don. Then, lastly, it was SHINee's fabulous and powerful performance of the Lucifer remix, lazer lights and all. After that everyone came back out wearing the SMTown concert t-shirts. SHINee's song The Reason from the Sherlock album started playing and confetti was scattered down from the ceiling.

SHINee ran over to where the girls were, multicolored confetti stuck in their hair already, carrying a large bundle of t-shirts. The girls, Taesun, and Jaylenn's friends squeezed up to the front where the boys were sitting down on the edge of the stage.

"Hi guys!" Taemin smiled. He held up the t-shirts. "We brought you something!" He pulled the shirts apart and pulled a black Sharpie out from his high top shoe. He uncapped it and signed one of the t-shirts with his name and "For my angel noona, Jaylenn! Saranghae always!" He handed it to Jaylenn.

"Thank you oppa!" she said slipping it over her head.

The other boys pulled out Sharpies and each signed a shirt  for their noona. But there were still some left. So they signed some for Taesun, Alyson, Christian, Nikki, Lucas, and Stephanie. But there were still five left.

Key picked up one and looked at Taemin. "Taemin, you grabbed too many!"

"Um...sorry....Let's just each sign one for he other fans then!"

So they signed those and handed them to very happy random fans around them. Then up came EXO who grouped around SHINee.

"Annyeong haseyo, SHINee Girls!" they all said cheerily.

"Annyeong haseyo, EXO!" they said back. "Nice to see you again Kai oppa!"

Kai smiled and waved. "Hi girls! Hi Jaylenn noona!"

"Hi Jaylenn, I'm Chanyeol," Chanyeol waved hyperactively, only to get shoved by Kai.

"Yah! Don't just introduce yourself!" Kai said.

"What?! She's cute!!!" He waved again.

"That's okay. He's my bias anyway!" Chanyeol clapped and bounced around while Kai's jaw slackened.

"What?! But I'm your boyfriend's best friend!!!!"

"Chanyeol's cuter and he can rap really well," Jaylenn smiled as she explained.

Kai faked a sob. Taemin patted his back.

"Wait! Who is who?" Sehun asked.

"I'm Amy!" Amy raised her hand and smiled. Sehun stared at her curiously. Amy pointed out the others. "This is Stacy, Maya, and Christine."

Tao waved. "Hi Chistine," he said in a Chinese accent. "I'm Tao."

She waved back silently as the other members of EXO teased Tao.

"Hello, I'm Luhan," Luhan just waved like the others.

"Who are you talking to though?" Onew asked.

"Um....Stacy," he pointed shyly.

"Aigoo! You're so cute!!!!" Stacy squealed. "You're my son, okay LuLu?"

"Ah..." Luhan covered his face.

"LuLu?!" the others laughed and teased.

"What about me?!" Maya said. "My bias is Xiumin!"

"Oh? Hi then!" Xiumin smiled cutely.

Chen pushed him. "Ignore him! I'm a better bias. I'm Chen!" Xiumin just laughed.

"Hi Amy," Sehun said blankly.

"Yah! You have to say your name!" Chanyeol said.

"Oh. Uh, I'm Sehun."

"Hi there Sehun!" Amy smiled.

"Hey! I can pick out and name the others too!" Jaylenn said. She pointed at a random member one at a time. "He's Lay! That's DO! That one is Baekhyun and there's Suho the leader of EXO-K! Kris there is the leader of EXO-M!"

EXO clapped and cheered. Then, suddenly, Leeteuk, Donghae, and Eunhyuk of Super Junior sprinted over.

"Yah! We want to meet your noonas too, SHINee!" Leeteuk said, leaning on Onew's shoulders.

"Wait! I know you! Super Junior! I know that much!" Jaylenn said pointing to the member in the middle. "Uh.....er.....I give up. Who are you?"

"You don't get into Super Junior much, huh?" Donghae laughed. "I'm Donghae."

"I knew that!" Jaylenn slumped. "No I didn't."

"That's okay. We may be popular, but SuJu can't have all the fans," Eunhyuk said. "I'm Eunhyuk by the way."

Jaylenn shook her head. "Not funny. I actually know you, too, since you do the SMTown special performance with Taemin and Kai. And you did that dubstep dance at Gayo Daejun with them too."

"Then who am I?" Leeteuk asked.

"The leader, Leeteuk," Jaylenn said.

"But you didn't know me?!" Donghae said, outraged. "Who else do you know?"

"I know Shindong! He's funny! But that's it..."

"Shindong..." Donghae said looking at Jaylenn. He turned around. "We can't win with them. Let's go."

Leeteuk grapped his collar. "No you don't. We don't know their names yet."

"I'm Jaylenn," she smiled. "Sorry for teasing you, Donghae."

"Yah!" Eunhyuk said. "You can't just say sorry to Super Junior! You have to dance it!"

EXO, SHINee, and everyone in the audience around them laughed. Jaylenn sighed and did the Sorry Sorry dance.

Donghae laughed. "Thanks! That makes me feel better!" Jaylenn stuck her tongue out at him.

The other girls introduced themselves and talked with Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, and Donghae for a bit before they said bye and sprinted off somewhere else. EXO also left to go tease other fans.

"I think Donghae might like you noona," Taemin laughed.

"You all should feel honored! Three members of Super Junior came over to meet you!" Onew said.

"Are they really that popular and loved in Korea?" Christine asked.

"Of course! And they deserve it! They've been around forever!" Taemin said.

"Anyway," Key said. "We'd better be going too. Meet us backstage in our dressing room guys!"

SHINee got up and ran off with the other artists who were going backstage.

"Well," Taesun said. "Let's go make our way backstage."

 

a/n: there's one more part that's supposed to be on this chapter, but I decided to end this chapter with a cliff hanger. The part will be in the next chapter. Hoped you liked this! And if I got the personalities funny with Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, and Donghae, sorry. I'm not a full time, all out SuJu fan. (not to say they aren't an amazing group)