DC 2

[hiatus] The Cupid Reaper : Messenger of Love and Caller of Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

shining love

   

Serena was ed awake as she found herself at the Reaper Station's conference room already sitting in one of its seat and in her uniform. She let out a groan as she flopped her upper body onto the table to catch a nap before the meeting began. It was short lived when she felt someone poke her side.

"I swear, Kanshu, if it's you, I'm gonna pushed you in front of a bus again." Grim Reaper Serena muttered with her face still facing the table.

She heard a male chuckled and turned her head to see who it was and saw that it was Toop, another reaper.

"I'm pretty sure Kanshu will lived through that again." Toop remarked as he propped an elbow on to the table and rested his chin upon it. "Were you sleeping before you got summoned again?"

"Yes, and peacefully might I add. Unlike you guys, I still can't get used to the random summoning of either meetings even after five years." Grim Reaper Serena commented with a yawn as she was now sitting upright.

"I mean, you can always just give up your mortal life and start working at both full-time."

"No, thanks. There's a reason why I'm still a mortal."

"Yeah, I know it's because of your sister." Toop remembered with a roll of his eyes before sitting upright as well. "I heard this excuse every time I suggest for you to cross over."

"Then stop asking." Grim Reaper Serena told him as her gaze spotted Natthew not that far away. "Don't be like Natthew over there and begging and bug."

Toop scoffed. "I'm nothing like that guy."

"Mmhmm."

Before Toop could counter, Lucifer's booming voiced announced his own presence and everyone turned towards the front to see what the discussion would be about this time.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlmen." Lucifer greeted the staff as he sat upon his thrown with a large grin. "Anything new someone wants to talk about before we actually get into things?"

No one mentioned anything new and Lucifer went about their usual discussion until it was finally time to give out some of the missions by Lilith. Grim Reaper Serena was trying to stay awake and focus, but she kept nodding off as she never received a mission at these meetings until now.

"Here's our latest user, YasmineJayJay17, on our REAPER CORRESPONDENCE site. She just signed up about twenty-seven minutes ago." Lilith announced upon Yasmine's user account profile popping up. "She's quite pretty, but a little bland in personality."

Lilith read out Yasmine's basic information to the rest. "Yasmine Jay, born on July seventeenth. Height, one sixty-eight. Weight, forty-eight. Type O." Then explained the real reason Yasmine was on the site. "Got her heart broken by her douche of a boyfriend of two years about a few hours ago."

The others were nodding and mumbling comments about Yasmine's situation before Lilith spoke again. "Anyways, one thing to note is that none of us at the Reaper Station sent her an invite. Yue Lao took pity on this silly girl and decided upon himself to meddle a little bit in her life while leaving the rest to us."

"Yasmine wants revenge against her ex-boyfriend for cheating on her." Lilith then directed her steady gaze onto Grim Reaper Serena with a smirk while slamming the table with the vibrations being directed at the female to jolt her awake.

"Hmm?" Grim Reaper Serena let out in a dazed tone upon being woken up once again.

"Congratulations, SV_091689, you have been assigned to YasmineJayJay17." Lilith congratulated the female while snapping her fingers to make a black file appear in front of Grim Reaper Serena.

"Why me?" She groaned as Lilith smiled wider. "Because you're the Cupid Reaper."

"That doesn't explain anything." Grim Reaper Serena whined as Lilith dismissed her and continued on with the rest of the missions before Lucifer dismissed the meeting overall.

"I knew it was too good to be true." Yasmine signed as she checked her phone for the nth time since she had signed up for the REAPER CORRESPONDENCE a few days ago. "What kind of app exists to make one's dream come true? Zilch."

Yasmine has received no responses since creating her username and writing a post about wanting to get back at her ex-boyfriend. She knew that the post has received a lot of views, but no one commented on it.

"Maybe it's just a site for ranting." Yasmine reasoned while putting her phone away and resumed her work.

Although she could have taken some personal days off, but she didn't really want to mope around the house and cause her parents to worry. Plus, the thought of actually getting payback had lifted her mood. Now with each passing day of nothing, Yasmine's high energy mood began to dwindled.

When she returned home Yasmine was too tired and just headed up to her room telling her mom that it was a very long and stressful day at work. After gathering enough energy to do her nightly routine and settled in comfortable pajamas, Yasmine sat on the floor. She had her knees pressed against her chest and her back pressed against the edge of her bed while staring at her dresser absent-mindedly.

She unconsciously traced random patterns into her bedroom carpet with her right index finger as her mind blanked out in wanting to think of nothing, but nothing. A moment later, Yasmine shivered all over upon her room growing cold all of a sudden. She rubbed her arms to keep warm while looking at her window and noticed that it was still shut.

Yasmine wondered if her parents had the A/C, but dismissed the idea as they would normally be the one shivering first before her. Standing up and moving under the covers of her bed, Yasmine decided it must just be because she had gotten out of the shower and night had fallen.

As she was about to switch off the light from the lamp on her night stand, Yasmine's eyes caught a glimpse of something moving in the shadow cast by her lamp and she turned to look around her room cautiously. Not really one for believing of monsters in the dark, but then again she did belived a text message was going to help her with her revenge. So she wasn't quite sure what to believe now.

Finding nothing out of place except for the temperature being a bit colder, Yasmine let out a sigh and was about to switch the light off when she heard a female voice speak from the foot of her bed.

"You should leave the lights on. It makes it less creepy and daunting." Grim Reaper Serena suggested while sitting cross-legged and floating in mid-air just a few feet from the ground before shooting Yasmine a small smile. "Hi. My name is Reaper V. You've-"

The reaper was interrupted by Maofah who materialized right in front of her. "I'm Maofah. You should hang out with me because that ex-boyfriend of yours is a douche."

Grim Reaper Serena pushed Maofah to the side and was about to continued her announcement when Nerok materialized a few seconds later where Maofah used to be. "Hi. I'm Nerok. You're really pretty and you smell like vanil-"

Nerok didn't get to finish his sentence as he was pushed away to join Maofah as the reaper continued with her words. "Ignored them. Anyways, you've summoned me so how may I assist you?"

Yasmine had frozen in her spot with her body lying on her side half twisted to turn off the light and the other half looking at the floating female in front of her. The only thing she did was blinked every few seconds while dropped open in seeing the reaper in her gothic like get up.

Grim Reaper Serena sat afloat with a neutral expression as she bobbed up and down slowly while letting the situation sink in for the older woman whose eyes kept moving side to side upon looking at the two felines and the reaper herself.

After what felt like an enternity which was only like twelve minutes, Yasmine came to her senses. "Who are you?" She asked while sitting upright and pulling her blanket around her.

The reaper finally smiled at being acknowledged and covered the mouths of the two cats from interrupting her and butting in once again. "My purpose is to help you out as much as I can with your revenge."

Please log in to read the full chapter