ch5 - Through My Eyes PT.1

[hiatus] The Cupid Reaper : Messenger of Love and Caller of Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

thanks

   

"The human brain weighs a mere fourteen hundred grams with a volume of fourteen hundred milliliters and five billion nerve cells." Mr. Gubler, Kyungeun's science teacher, explained. "At least trillion electrical pulses travel back and forth per second."

Although Kyungeun already knew the information having learned it last semester, Mr. Gubler was recapping their previous assignments and work loads as to ensure that his students hadn't forgotten these important infomation due to winter vacation. Kyungeun appeared engaged to present to the other students of her status as the President of Honors Society, but really within her mind she was bored. Still Kyungeun took perfect notes as she outlined and color-coded everything accordingly for later usage.

"However, it is said that humans barely used five percent of their brains, and yet this organ is still a mystery to us to this day and we're still learning more about it."

Kyungeun soon tuned him out when she spotted a folded note landing on her desk a second later from one of her best friends that sat beside her. Luckily, she and Soobin sat near the back and middle of the classroom and away from Mr. Gubler's eyes. Still though, however smart their science teacher was he was clueless of his class passing notes to one another constantly throughout the year.

Kyungie, did you hear? Heejin got a new boyfriend?

No and why should I care, Soobin?

I heard from Gayoung who heard it from some girl in her fourth period that she hooked up with that Byeongkwan Kim guy who I should remind you had a total crush on you this whole school year.

He did not and I don't care for gossipping either, Soobin. Neither should you.

Yeah, he totallly did. He was using his English skills to impress you when his dance team, Urban Boyz, won first place at nationals earlier this school year. Please, you love when we gossip.

I would hardly call that flirting and I do not.

It's because your clueless about romance and deny that you so wanna know what's the talk of the town despite your oh-so-president status.

I'm very much a romantic person, thank you very much. I take offense to the last bit. Rude.

My apologies, President. Anyways, reading romance novels and mangas doesn't count and mean that you know much about actual love, Kyungie.

I'm sorry that I can't be in such a loving relationship like you, Soobin, or Gayoung.

Kyungeun restrained from actually rolling her eyes at her friend as she tossed the note back at her friend in a slightly annoyed manner before returning her attention back on to Mr. Gubler even if the information was repeated. Soobin pouted knowing full well that she had upset her friend, but she knew that there was no way that Kyungeun was gonna reply back to her even if she apologized. She'll just had to wait until class was over.

At the First Division the phone rang and James happened to be the one that picked up the call.

"Hello?"

A supposedly male distorted voice spoke.

"I've set five bombs throughout Tagon."

"Huh?" James' eyebrows furrowed as he continued to listen to the call.

"One just went off causing several cars to collide against each other creating an accident and the next one will explode in fifteen minutes."

"Wait! Who are you?!"

"You don't need to know who it is. You just need to know if anyone near Kevalee High School will get injure!"

The caller hung up and James was left panicking about what had just happened.

"McFadden." Dee called her colleague to snap him back to the present. "What's wrong?"

"We need the bomb squad at and around Kevalee High School pronto." James informed her. "A call came in claiming a bomb is about to go off in the Tagon area."

Science class was about to end in less than twenty minutes, but the sound of the classroom phone going off alerted everyone's attention as Mr. Gubler went to answer it. After some time he hung up and slowly made his way to stand in front of his student with a calm-like expression although his eyes said otherwise.

"Class will be ending early today."

Everyone cheered and he quickly quieted them down.

"I would like for all of you to gather your things before lining by the door. We'll all leave in a fashionably calm and steady manner."

The students looked at one another in confusion as they usually were able to just go as they please. Mr. Gubler went to his own desk and began gathering his own stuff while the students did the same, but with chatter amongst them since their teacher wouldn't allow them to leave on their own accord.

"What do you think's going on?" Soobin asked Kyungeun as the latter shrugged. "I dunno. I don't remember there being any other announcements for today when I checked in earlier this morning with Ms. Yan at the front desk for Honors Society stuff."

"Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the school." Soobin offered once they got done packing. "It must be a big deal since they're having us leave together like this."

"I just hope it doesn't disrupt the Creative Writing Club at lunch today." Kyungeun said worriedly. "We're to discussed our story that we were supposed to finished over winter break."

"Alright, kids. Please make sure you have everything before we leave. Also, let's leave in an orderly manner and do not push one another. Do not run and kindly followed the other orders of any authority figure. Thank you for your cooperation." Mr. Gubler informed them as he motioned for all of them to leave while making sure no student lagged behind or forgot anything.

"Do you think this has something to do with a terror attack?" James asked Dee, as the duo along with Xukun arrived at the scene where the other police had taped off the surrounding area and evacuted the people from within the vicinity.

"If you're afraid that it is, you can go home, McFadden." Dee countered as James rolled his eyes. "I'm not."

Dee was about to make her way passed the armed policemen with shields when James stopped her.

"Wait, wait. The bomb's gonna go off in two minutes."

"How do you know that?"

"That's what the bomber told me when I picked up the call fourteen minutes ago."

"And you couldn't let the rest of us know before then?"

"It slipped my mind."

Just then an explosion went off not too far from them when the two minutes were up. They all ducked and waited for the clearance to make their move. Xukun also felt his mobile device go off and he quickly answered it while walking off to the side a bit.

"What do you got, Hao?"

"I looked through the city traffic jam cameras and the explosion from earlier and then the one that just went off now isn't done by a pro due to the speed of the blast."

"Okay. Can you tell what kind of bomb it may be?"

"Shu said that it could be a hyperoxidized acetone TATP bomb."

"I see, thanks."

"Sure thing. I'll keep you posted as I look back twelve hours ago and see if anyone was suspicious. Hopefully your police folk have someone doing the same thing, too."

"I would hope so. Thanks again, Hao. Bye."

"Bye, Kun."

When Xukun hung up he noticed the Riot Unit began to move in checking the now vacant area to make sure everyone had made it out while they did their search for the remaining bombs. The Riot Unit began their search of the town plaza and one of the team members happened to spot a female in one of the eateries and entered the building without alerting his team members about it.

As he neared the woman who was sitting at an empty table going through a box with an obscure item within it. He instantly called out to her.

"Hey!"

The woman turned around to face the male and greeted him with a head nod. When the guy made out what was inside the box he reached for his gun and pointed at the female.

"Freeze! Stand up now! Put your hands behind your head." He commanded as she did as she was told with a weird facial expression while the riot team member continued with his commands. "Turn this way slowly!"

"Slowly?" The female muttered in confusion while trying to glance at the bomb in the box that was counting down, but couldn't as the male confirmed the command once again. "Yes, slowly. Turn slowly and come this way slowly. Slowly come my way."

She did as she was told while still having the weird expression from earlier on her face as the male repeated for her to come towards him in a slow and steady manner.

Kyungeun, Soobin, and the rest of the school were led away from the school as they watched the policemen and the riot squad enter the school grounds to search within it.

"Whoa, do you think it's serious?" Soobin whispered as Kyungeun shrugged. "I'm sure it's something more on the pre-caution side or why else would they have us waiting here instead of actually sending us home. Hmm?"

"Oh, you're right, Kyungeun."

Just then the duo and a few others overheard the radios informing the police that a suspect has been caught.

"A suspicious person in possession of a bomb has been apprehended near the bomb site. Check all remaining area before clearance."

"Well, that's good that the bad guy was caught." Soobin let in awe as Kyungeun smiled. "As expected of our Nizho Metropolitan Police Department."

A few minutes later the radio also announced that the remaining three bombs were found.

"Ugh. That means we have to go back. That's no fun." Soobin pouted while messaging her boyfriend back. "I was thinking that all of us could hang out at Diamond Boba or Orbit Cafe."

"I don't work today so no discounts." Kyungeun said with a smirk. "And no I'm not gonna use my charms on the other workers to give you guys free stuff either."

"Oh, c'mon. Huncheol would totally fall for your charms even more so no questions asked. Besides, Orbit's a bit pricey this week for me."

"I'm not a manipulative person, Soobin. Also, you need to learn how to manage your finances better."

"I know that, but a high school girl gotta live her life, y'know? Anyways, you're a very charismatic person with words that inspire those around you and can have anyone agreeing to you."

"I know, but there's a difference."

"Then why can't you just help out a friend just this once?"

"Because it's not just once, Soobin. You're asking for the twelfth time since the school year has started."

"Oh, have I?"

"Yes."

"Oh, by the way, did you ever find out who sent you those flowers?"

"Don't change the subject."

"Going to anyways since I can't convince you to get me stuff."

"Sure. Anyways, which one are you talking about concerning the flowers?"

"Oh right, sorry Miss President." Soobin mockingly joked. "I forget you have many secret admirers."

"Don't start, Soobin." Kyungeun warned with a stern look. "They're pretty persistent, but this year has been the most tiresome, especially during the winter break."

"Which is a good thing I might add, Kyungeun. I mean if you have so many of these secret admirers, then at least one or two of them should be your perfect match, don't you think? How about giving them a chance?"

"I don't know if you remember during our first year, but the last time I did that it didn't end so nicely."

"So the guy threatened to jump off the roof if you didn't date him, but he's still alive isn't he? No big deal."

"Yes it's a big deal, but he can no longer w

Please log in to read the full chapter