ch14 - Critical Choice PT.1

[hiatus] The Cupid Reaper : Messenger of Love and Caller of Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

turtles fly

   

"So why are we headed to the university?" Xukun asked Suzana as he was once again driving someone from the Special Section as he was conveniently there at their department. "Did something happen there and the Special Section is investigating it in their own way again?"

"Nope. We're just picking up the psychologist professor who has recently joined the Special Section unit." She answered before looking over at him. "Thanks again for the ride. I appreciate it even though you're busy at the First Division."

"It's no big deal." Xukun flashed her a smile before returning his focus to the road before. "This beats seating around the office and inputting in information, so I'm okay with it."

"I wish I could say the same thing about driving."

"How come you can't drive again? Agent Pakin didn't really mentioned it."

"I got put on probation when I returned a few weeks ago." Suzana explained. "So I can't drive by myself or do any investigated work without another person with me."

It was a slightly cloudy and slightly chilly Tuesday morning and Eunji still regretted signing up for a 10AM class. Luckily, she had her best friend, Sohee, by her side to suffer together with.

"I know it's like ten in the morning, Euni, but you're not that dense to wear ripped jeans while it's still winter and cold out, right?" Sohee asked her friend as the two sat in their usual seat in their pyschology class.

"I think my oufit fits my mood okay and it'll be spring soon, anyways. This beret is cute along with my rimmed glasses. Also my black top totally matches my ripped jeans." Eunji proudly stated as Sohee chuckled. "Okay, girl, calm down. It's only ten in the morning and you're quite optimistic today."

"Well, you know who i have this class with even though I'm sure he overslept like usual and will enter the class after the professor walks in."

"Yeah, Seungcheol, who you still haven't made a confession to." Sohee shot Eunji a look. "We're adults now and in college, Euni. We're not dumb high schoolers anymore. We should be more brave and out there."

"Says the girl who ran away from the guy she's been crushing all fall semester."

"Whatever, but Valentine's Day is tomorrow. Did you ever get around to making the homemade chocolates?"

The duo broke out in soft giggles before the professor entered the classroom.

"Hello, everyone. Welcome to Psych one-oh-one. I'm professor Victor Zheng."

As if on cue, Seungcheol walked in just as Professor Zheng got done talking.

"Sorry." Seungcheol apologized as he made his way to the closes seat so that the professor could teach.

Sohee nudged Eunji playfully as Eunji nudged her back to quit it, but Eunji still couldn't help but steal glances at her male friend who soon caught her eyes. Seungcheol shot her a small smile with a half-waved as Eunji did the same thing before returning back to the professor to take notes.

Once Suzana and Xukun arrived at the university, Xukun followed Suzana to the class where the professor was teaching. The duo quietly entered Professor Zheng's class and sat in the last row while listening in on one of his lecture.

"Thus, the murder case of Kitty Genovese which took place in March of 1964 in New York had prompted the earnest research for Latene and Darley in 1970 for assistant behavior." Professor Zheng explained while he moved to the podium to play a clip after dimming the lights.

Please log in to read the full chapter