[2]

Till the Last Petal Falls

The school was too big for Seungkwan. It’s like triple the size of the local university that he once considered to go for college until his uncle offered his flat for him and the family that he got to get into this actual one. Hongdae—it has been long since he stepped foot in this place. Too long that it was when he got an actual friend and lost him, he remembered.

He alternated his glance to the freshmen guide he was holding and to the way he has to go. Advance algebra, that was his first class for the day and he hated it for the fact that Mathematics had to go first in his schedule, but more than anything, from what he saw on his online acc, Hansol’s first class wasn’t advance algebra—meaning, lesser the chance to see his old friend and also probably, to reconcile. A lump in the throat came to disturb him from his thoughts; he knew he was in pain just by thinking of the moment he has to see Hansol again, so he shook it off as soon as he was able to cough the petal off his throat.

His friendship with Hansol has always been a treasure to him, moreover, discovering that he was into guys, upgraded his relationship with him from “bestfriend” to his “first love” real quick. No it wasn’t a simple crush for Seungkwan, because after his friendship fall out with Hansol 2 years before he graduated from high school, he knew he was in love. Sad thing is that, he is still in love with him—up until now. That’s why he decided to work hard and to get into the school where Hansol would go. They are not talking anymore; don’t get him wrong, he was just stalking his friend from the remnants of communication that left for them. For example, sns accounts. Hansol was the one who lost contact, Seungkwan—he always has been waiting for him.

He heard the bell ringing that got him firm on his feet and sped off to his class. To his luck, he bumped into a person that was running aimlessly to him. He’s probably late too.

“Sorry” Seungkwan heard him say that made apologize back. The person left off just like that.

To his surprise, he heard a person laugh at the incident. He immediately felt his ears turn bright red for the fact that this is pretty embarrassing to start off his life as a freshman. To recover himself, he immediately bowed down to get his guide as it fell off to the floor from the collision, but a hand already went to grip on it causing him to raise his head, to say thank you, dash off, and live a life of a ninja for as long as the memory is fresh. Trust him he was about to, but it was the same eyes, the same features (that was a bit matured after a long time—does he need to mention the word “hot”), the same Hansol— “Vernon!!! You are going to be late dude!”

Seungkwan quickly pulled the guide, ripping the edge a bit because of the force… “Boo?” he stiffened. It was actually him. He ran off quickly away from Hansol. “Seungkwan!” He heard as he turned right. From the last glance, Seungkwan saw Hansol getting dragged by his friend.

You see, after that fall-out of a friendship they had, Seungkwan was a mess. After those long months of being alone thinking of different scenarios where he would meet him once again, he didn’t think of any ways how to face Hansol.