Chapter Four

Why can't you understand?

After a couple of minutes in silence, Taehyung brakes the silence. “So, Jeongi. Suga tells us that you are in the highest class of your school. You must be very smart, huh?”

I swallow my food completely then open my mouth. “Um, yes. I am in class A. But that was high school. Not college.”

“Ah.” They all say together.

“Oh yeah, Jeongi?” Hoseok says

“Yes.” I say as confidently as I could.

“Suga tells me you can sing. Would you like to come down to the studio sometime so we can see whatcha got?” he smiles

“Really?” I feel my eyes grow a 100 times bigger

“She is a great singer, on the other hand, not rapper.” Suga says laughing

“Same to you.” The boys all freak for my come back on Suga. “And if I am not mistaken, I help you on your song regularly.”

“Ah, makes more sense now.” Taehyung’s smile glistens. “We knew that he couldn’t do all that by himself.”

“YAH. No need for that.” Hoseok says. “Don’t put the pretty girl under pressure like that.”

I turn to Suga, “Thank you for tonight, I had fun.” I smile at him.

He looks in the direction of the door leading to outside. “Come with me.” He grabs my wrist, gets up and pulls me while he walks there.

“Suga, where are we going?” I say as we walk out.

“I just need to talk to you.” He says while he opens the door.

 We walk outside and he looks at me. I look around and then start to speak. “Suga what’s up?”

“Earlier, before that guy came, I was going to tell you something.” He says

“Okay…”

He gentle walks up to me and slightly pushes me against the wall behind me. I look away “Jeongi” he whispers softly. I look at him. I have never seen him like this. Ever.  He never violates me like this. Is he going to kiss me? I think.

“Jeongi, I want you to stay away from these guys.” He backs away.

“Huh?” I say confused.

“They are afraid to take you to the bed, Jeongi. They are dangerous to you since you are so pretty and good looking.” He says walking back to the door.

“Mhm. I will be careful” I snap out of it.

He comes back to me and puts his hand on my head. “I want to keep my little sis safe”

“Um, yeah okay.” I say forcing a smile.

“Jeongi, are you okay?” he says

“Yeah no I am fine. Let’s go back now.” I start walking away as I do he grabs my wrist and pulls me into his arms. His hands rest on back.

“Jeongi. I don’t want you to get hurt, ever. Don’t leave me, okay?”  He says while I am in his arms.

“I won’t ever leave you.”  I smile at him.

We walk back into the restaurant and I sit down. The guys all look at me. “What?” I say.

“Whatcha doin’ out there?” Jimin says smiling.

I look over to Suga looking at him trying to find his buzzing phone. “Hello?” he says and then pauses to listen. “Mhm. Okay, I will be right there. Okay Ma, bye bye.”

We all look at him. “What happened?” I say concurringly.

“Ah, my Mother needs me home to take care of her.” He looks at Jungkook. “You take Jeongi home.”

“Oh no, I can take myself.” I say

“Oh, no Jeongi. He will take you home. NO BUTS.” He points at me

“Suga. I can go home on my own.” I say raising my voice

“Jungkook. You make sure that you get her home. Safely. Don’t lay a hand on her. I meant it. Jeongi, just listen to him.” He says

“Fine.” I turn around from him. I feel his hand lay on my shoulder.

“Can you listen to me for once? Please?”

“I said fine.” You brush off his hand.

“Ok, good. I love you Jeongi.”

“Yeah. Love ya too, idiot.” I say annoyed.

I look at Suga in the eyes, I can see the pain and anger tremble in them. He wasn’t happy with my behavior towards him. He turns around and walks out the door you two had just came in from. I turn back to the group. When I looked to my left, Jungkook had taken Suga’s spot. That must’ve been where the anger in Suga’s eyes came from. I smile at Jungkook insecurely. He responds with a nod. I look back at Hoseok, I felt less awkward towards him.

He look at me and smiles. “Jeongi, looks like you and Suga have a strong relationship. I can tell he has feelings for ya.”

“Not Suga. Sometimes I debate if he even have feelings.” I smile

Jungkook speaks up for about the third time, “He doesn’t show emotions very well, he hides what he feels because you are his weak spot.” He looks at me

Is it getting hot in here? I think. “Well, I hope he loves me… we are like brother and sis-“ I was interrupted by Jungkook.

“I think the only way he can show emotions for a girl is in a bed.” Jungkook

“YAH!” Jin raises his voice. “No need for that, Jungkook.”

“No, No he has a point,” Namjoon cuts in. “That’s the only time he ever does show emotions.”

I gulp. “Heh,” I quietly laugh. “I think that he only sees me as a lil’ sister, you are just mistaken one feeling for another.” I try to smile.

“Nah.” Taehyung disagrees.

Hoseok looks at his watch and his eyes grow bigger. “Ahhh, boys we’d better get back to the dorm.” They all agree, “Jungkook, take the beautiful Jeongi home.” He smiles as he say beautiful.

“Mhm.” He says unflattered

“I was really nice to meet you.” I looks at each of them. “Thank you for dealing with me awkwardness.” I say getting shy.

“Aw, you’re not awkward, princess.” Jimin says smiling.

I nod my head, controlling how I feel.

We all rise from the table and walk out doors. They all give m e a hug, each one is different.

Jin’s was soft and loving. Namjoon’s wasn’t confident at first, but then he became more lose towards the end. Hoseok’s sweet, he lifted me off the ground and made the, “mhhhmmm” noise as he squeezed me. Jimin leaned in and wrapped his arms around my waist and rubbed my back. Taehyungs was like being hug by your grandmother, soft and sweet. Jungkook didn’t hug me, he stood to the side and watch as the others did. He motioned his hands signaling, ‘Hurry up’. I said my good byes and the group went one way while Jungkook and I went the other way.