Chapter Three

Why can't you understand?

We get to the restaurant. Suga opens the door for me and I walk in front of him. He leads me with his hand on the top of my back. I walk into the beautiful place and it was amazing. The place had beautiful decorations and a huge chandelier in the middle. A few boys stand up and smiles as we walk towards them.

They all look different.

Yeoboseyo” the boy says. He is a tall boy. He looks very lean and gentle as a person. His hair is bright blonde and his smile is gentle and sweet. His face is round but as he turn his head you can see the jaw line. He looks as if he is very confident in himself and his introduction. “I am jin. Nice to meet you.”

I smile and wave, trying not to be my awkward self. “Hi.”

Another one stands up, “Hello” he smiles, “My name is Hoseok.” The first thing I notice about him is his smile. It makes you want to smile right back, makes you forget about all your worries. He is tall and has a very different sense of style. He is wearing a black hat that is round on the sides and his hair is a reddish brown.

I wave back smiling.

Another guy stands up. He is voice catches me off guard. “Hello.” He waves, “I am Namjoon.” I smile back. He is tall, taller than the other boys. He doesn’t smile with his teeth, just his checks. They wrinkle up. He has a hoodie on and his blue hat is turned back- wards.

The next persons rises. I was expecting him to be taller than he was. He catches my eye. He was very attractive. He gets up and looks nervous, “Hey, I’m jimin.” I think he got nervous because he sunk into his seat smiling uncontrollably. I could tell he went to the gym, his muscles showed on his arms. His hair was fluffy and look thick

The next guy stood. He was tall and his hair was nicer than mine. He smiled and my stomach dropped. I had to look away for a second to control myself not to smile. I look back but it still comes. I try to contain it. He looks at me and smiles back.

Before he can speak Suga interrupts, “Jeongi, you good?”

After Suga follows Jimin, “Why didn’t she do that for me?” He says throwing his hands up smiling.

I cover my face in embarrassment. He then speaks, “I am Taehyung” He says then sits down.

I smile back. The next person rises. He is tall and muscular. He runs his fingers through his black hair, to pull it to the side. His eyes are soft and brown. The kind of chocolate. Soft, warm, and melted chocolate. He looks at me, but he looks at me different than the other guys. He looks at me in the eye. I melt inside, feeling myself aweing in his looks and eyes.

“Hi, I am Jungkook.” He says bowing at me. I bow back controlling my smile this time.

I bow to them and introduce myself, making sure I didn’t embarrass myself. “Hello, I am Jeongi. Nice to meet you.” They all smile back.

Suga pulls out a chair for me and sits me down beside the tall and handsome Taehyung. He looks at me and smiles. I smile back trying not to be awkward. I watch as Suga walks to the other side of his chair and sits down. He looks at me in the eyes and I know exactly what the look is. It says it all.

Joengi I swear don’t you look at another guy in

This place I will kill you. And don’t look so

Awkward.

 

I look at him with big eyes saying:

Try me bro.

 He rolls his eyes and then looks at the other people. “So, what have you all been up to?”

Namjoon speaks and his voice still catches me off guard. “We went out with some friends, well, all of us except…” he looks at Taehyung and Jungkook. “Them.”

Suga looks at the boys, “Must have been some female friends, huh?” I gulp.

“Jeongi?” Jin speaks

I look up from my legs to him. “Mh?”

“Loosen up Jeongi.” Suga interrupts.

I look at him with a dead face and then look back at Jin. “You were saying?”

“What grade are you in?” he ask.

“Oh I am 20.” I say rubbing my neck.

“Oh really.” Jimin straightens up in his seat.

I start talking to Jin before Jimin can start talking again. “Most people mistake my age for a high schooler.”

“Well.” Taehyung interacts. “You are very beautiful.”

I take a second to process this in my mind, what felt like 2 minutes, was only a second.  

“What he called my beautiful? Is he just saying that? Do I look over there? WHAT DO I DO? What if I smile when I look over there, what will he think?”

“Thank you.” I say calmly. Good job Jeongi, that was smooth, I say in my head.

 Hoseok enters the conversation. “He is right you are. Jeongi, are you in college?”

Okay you got this one. I look at him. “Yes I am. It’s my first year.” I say. I look calm and confident, but inside I am freaking out.

“You said you were 20?” Jin says

“Let us just say Jeongi has had some setbacks the last year. And if I’m not mistaking, Jeongi is still 19 its 2 weeks before her birthday.” Suga says.

I look at him. “Do I know you?” I smile and then look away. He sips his water.

“Looks like Suga likes you, Jeongi.” Says Jungkook. Suga chokes on his water.

“Um, he is like a brother.” I say smiling and freaking out inside.

“Of course he is.” Namjoon says looking down at Jungkook.

“So, Jeongi are you dating anyone?” Jimin says with no hesitation.

“Um, no I am not. I am just focusing on school.”  I say looking at Suga.

“So, how about those friends you went out with last night, what did ya do?” Suga says, pushing on my thigh with a fork underneath the table.

I can tell what this means. It means, “Calm down Jeongi, you are fine.”

“Ah, we picked up some girls.” J hope says.

“Sounds bad as we say it, but we have known the women.” Namjoon says looking at me.

“Ah, no need to explain yourself.” I say

“Your buddy Suga usually comes along. Suga you had some that really missed you.” Jimin says confidently

Suga looks as if his life just died in front of him. “Yah. No need to say this in front of Jeongi.” He waves his hands signaling, ENOUGH.

I look at the boys. “Oh no, tell me more.” I say smiling

The boys go on and on how Suga and this girl always hit it up on Fridays. I look at Suga a few times telling him:

D     E      A     D        M    E   A    T 

WE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT THIS ONE, MISTER!

The boys keep going on until our food arrives. The waiter comes with several men behind them. They all scatter out and politely lay dwon the food in front of us.

The boy’s eyes all open wide and they all pick up their sticks, ready to dig in.

Namjoon gives the word and they all dig in. I just sit there watching them all tuck in.