2/2

Confession

A/N: I'm so sorry for the late update but finals got in the way >.< I forgot to upload this before I let all my time awake go towards studying. To make up for the late update, I'll have a bonus to this story uploaded tomorrow.  =)

"I'll confess, I really like you! Will you go out with me?"

Youngjae kept on replaying the adorable scene that happened after they left the coffee shop. It's been a few weeks, but the scene is still vivid in his mind. The first week together was spent with both of them by each other in everywhere they went. Their fellow workers noticed and Youngjae got a few playful threats from the others, warning him to not make Daehyun sad or else they'll take him. He'll make sure Daehyun is happy with him. Himchan at least intervened less, but there were moments that Youngjae wanted to scream at his friend.

No one was more supportive(?) of them than Himchan is. He was happy with the blackmail(photos of the two of them together), he would threaten Youngjae every now and then of releasing the photos on his social media accounts.

"I'll get you one day Himchan!" Youngjae mouthed his threat. His fist clenched when all he received was Himchan sticking his tongue out at him. Youngjae still didn't fully gave a harsh hit to his friend. He soon would, Himchan was starting to test him on his patience.

"That's too bad, you know better that I'm staying here until Daehyun returns," Youngjae now wanted to smack his head for reminding him of the current situation. Since last week, Daehyun had moved floors for a project that the company is starting. He was chosen to be the leader, apparently his trip that caused a one day absence contributed to the CEO in picking him to lead the project.

Youngjae felt proud of Daehyun, but their time together was reduced. To make up for some of it, Daehyun has made it a part of his schedule to make Youngjae lunch and deliver it to him during their lunch break. The two would then eat together and enjoy the time. The older male always left notes when he presented the lunch to Youngjae, these notes usually made the start of the conversations they would have.

I want to stay near you ;-; but this is important to me, I hope you understand. To make up for it, I made you lunch. Enjoy!

Youngjae I really do love you! I decided to include a slice of cheesecake in your lunch, even though I want to eat it >=)

New day and more work to be done. I made a new dish last night and I wanted you to try it! Is it good?

This time, the lunch is full of healthy dishes for you to get energy and work hard!

Himchan snapped his fingers in front of Youngjae's vision, causing said male to be out of his thoughts. "It's lunch time. Let's be aware and not blank out next time, you wouldn't want Daehyun to be trying to get your attention from whatever you're thinking."

 

A few minutes later, Daehyun arrived at the floor and went to Youngjae. The younger of the two immediately noticed the bags under his eyes. "Here you go! I made this once I finished a report, I hope you enjoy," Daehyun was smiling but Youngjae could see the tiredness he had.

"Around what time did you make this?"

"Probably around 2 or 3 in the morning, it's still tastes good if you're worried about that," Daehyun looked a little panicked.

"No it's not that, I'm just worried about how much rest you're actually getting ever since this project started," Daehyun sighed and put his head down.

"I'll confess, I have not been getting a lot of rest. I need to work hard and do my best. I have a team that is counting on me to plan a lot and go to meetings when needed. I'm not doing all the work, I just need to do my best so the rest of the team can also be motivated to do great. Who would be doing great if the leader shows any sign of slacking?" Youngjae just smiled and pulled Daehyun into a hug after reading the note in today's lunchbox.

I miss your warmth. I'm tired but I want to do this for you. Please enjoy this lunch.

"It's great that you are working hard, I'm sure the team can see that. But I'm also sure that a lot of people will not want to see you overworking and exhausting yourself, myself included. I know you do your best, I see it, I'm sure the others can. What I worry is that you are not resting enough. You can only do so much on a tired condition. Please get more rest, you'll do better with some rest," Daehyun sighed in the embrace and moved around to be let go.

"Alright I'll get more rest once in a while."

"No, starting today I'm making sure you get more sleep," Daehyun pouted.

"But Youngjae! I need to make lunch for the two of us!" Daehyun felt like the other male did not want to eat his food anymore, plus he enjoyed making lunch for the both of them.

"It's ok, I'll just come visit you for the lunch break. I'll make the lunch," Youngjae felt a bit upset when he looked at Daehyun's grimace.

"No offense Youngjae, but you have the worst cooking skills ever," Daehyun did not want to get sick from Youngjae's dishes.

"Hey! I improved since last time, I can cook well now, let me do this and we can still have some time with each other and you get more time to sleep."

It took a while before Daehyun agreed. "You are cooking the lunches next week, I'll finish this week," he wanted to continue enjoying the feeling of making the younger happy through his food. Youngjae nodded his head and went to unpack the lunch.

The two finished their lunch and Daehyun left to go back to work. Himchan returned from his lunch break and was informed by Youngjae on the change starting next week.

"I feel bad for Daehyun, he doesn't deserve to get sick from your cooking," Himchan dodged a hit from Youngjae.

"I improved!" Youngjae was getting tired from others telling him about his cooking being bad.

"Making ramen for yourself is not improving. Anyone can do that except for you who had to learn it from Daehyun!" Himchan made a point. Youngjae sighed in defeat.

"Look, I have this cookbook you can use. Try to make a few dishes before next week arrives. Practice makes perfect, even with your poor excuse of cooking," Himchan did not dodge the swat of Youngjae's hand.

 

Sunday arrived and Youngjae was proud to say he could make three decent dishes. The first few tries were failures, he was surprised with his own cooking. But now he could make lunch for the two of them tomorrow. As he was cooking their lunch for tomorrow, Himchan sent a text.

You are making him some cheesecake, right?

Youngjae smacked his head for forgetting about Daehyun's favorite dessert. Thanking Himchan for the reminder, he went to look up a recipe for cheesecake. A second try was all that he needed to make the cheesecake, the first try was a failure due to his mistake of using salt instead of some sugar. Packing the lunch, he was proud of actually doing a good job. Yawning, he went to bed after getting ready for sleep, he couldn't wait for tomorrow to come.

At lunch time, Youngjae entered Daehyun's temporary office room where he found the older male to still be typing on his computer. He smiled once he noticed Daehyun had no bags under his eyes. After a few tries of getting his attention, Daehyun finally stopped working. 

"Sorry I wanted to finish this outline so I can have the rest of the day free. Where's the lunch?" Daehyun peaked at Youngjae's hands that were hidden behind the man's back.

"Here you go, I hope you like it," Youngjae's smile grew as Daehyun thanked him and begun to eat. Youngjae also started to eat his own lunch while talking to Daehyun. Once they were done, Youngjae went to clean up as Daehyun looked at the cheesecake. "May I eat this now?" His eyes were wide as he looked at the dessert.

"Go ahead while I go throw this out," Youngjae chuckled as Daehyun excitedly took a bite. When he returned, he noticed Daehyun making a face. "Is it good?"

"It's really good! Thank you Youngjae!" Daehyun kept on eating more bites, half of the slice was already eaten.

"Give me a bite?" Youngjae was surprised by Daehyun shaking his head no.

"I want to eat all of it," Daehyun refused to give the spoon for Youngjae to eat, so Youngjae took a part with his finger. Immediately, he spit out the cheesecake on a napkin.

"Daehyun you should have told me it tasted horrible! I'm so sorry you had to eat that," Youngjae grabbed the plate and went to throw the cheesecake out. He figured that he took the slice from the salty cheesecake and threw out the good cheesecake by mistake.

Returning to the room, he found Daehyun hanging his head low. "I wanted to eat everything you made for me, even if it didn't taste good."

Youngjae pulled Daehyun into a hug, "next time just tell me it wasn't good. I don't want you to eat anything bad anymore."

Daehyun giggled, "I shouldn't eat cheesecake from you then."

"I can make a better one back in my apartment. Let's go later, once you finish the outline?"

"Alright, I'll come over later," Youngjae grinned and let go of Daehyun.

"I'm staying here until you're finish. I finished all my work," Youngjae sat on Daehyun's chair and motioned with his hands for Daehyun to come. He went and sat on Youngjae's lap.

"Thank you for everything," Daehyun smiled as Youngjae gave a quick kiss to the back of his head while he continued working.

"I should be the one thanking you."

 

Wondering what the bonus will be on? It's one of Himchan's photos he caught of the two, a little story of it.