1/2

Confession

Every morning Youngjae would always be at his office cubicle no later than 8:00, the time work began. He was always happy arriving to work a little earlier, it meant he would get to see Daehyun for a bit of time. Entering the elevator, he pressed the button for the 20th floor. As the doors were closing, he noticed someone quickly running towards him, looking like they wanted to get on the elevator as well. Being the gentleman he is (Himchan scoffed at this remark when he told others about himself), Youngjae kept the doors open as the person walked in.

"Thank you so much Youngjae~! You are such a gentleman," If Youngjae could turn back time, he would've let the doors close instead, because standing right next to him now was no other than Himchan himself.

"Yeah yeah. Just didn't want to see you come in late like always," this earned him a slap on the shoulder from Himchan. 

"I'm not late all the time. But it's interesting to see you arrive later than usual," Youngjae wanted the 20th floor to arrive sooner. He didn't felt like coming around his usual time because he overheard from a few collegues that Daehyun wasn't going to be here today at work. He still wouldn't come in late like Himchan though.

Speaking of said male, it seemed like he had an ability to know everything about Youngjae. "Ah it's because of Daehyun, isn't it? How cute," now Himchan earned a smack across his head from Youngjae. 

"Shut up," the elevator arrived at their floor and Youngjae ran out as soon as the doors opened. No matter what happens, he doesn't want to stay inside an elevator with just Himchan ever again.

Arriving at his desk, he couldn't help but glance to the one right next to him. It was Daehyun's workspace and he noticed more notes placed on the keyboard to his computer. It would be no surprise if the notes were full of sweet words to cheer him up for the day, Youngjae knew Daehyun received a lot of attention here. Youngjae got a lot of requests from other workers to switch places with him but he always refused.

To put it simply, a lot of people were interested in Daehyun, Youngjae was included in that group.  But he wanted to be different from them, he wanted to be the one that will receive Daehyun's affection in return. So he came up with a list of ideas on how to confess to said male.

Speaking of which, he had to update that list. This was perfect timing, no one was around to see it. So the list was pulled out from his secret hiding spot along with a pen.

Youngjae's fabulous list of confession ideas

  1. Get Daehyun a bunch of his favorite foods and admit your feelings
  2. ​​​Get ​​him some flowers, roses maybe and include a note
  3. Get him cheesecake with a note on it
  4. Take him to a movie and take him home afterwards, leave a kiss on his cheek
  5. JUST TELL HIM ALREADY!!!!- KH ;)

Youngjae choked on the Americano he was drinking from. The fifth item on the list was not written by him and he could only blame Himchan, based on the initials. He reminded himself to strangle his friend later, so much for the secret list.

His watch started to ring, reminding Youngjae that it was work time. Sighing, Youngjae put the list back in its place and looked at his computer. It was going to be a long day for him, at least he finished some work he was supposed to do tomorrow. 

 

The next day was much better for Youngjae, Daehyun greeted him as soon as he got in. They both were the only people in the elevator and Daehyun was ranting about the tiring trip he had to yesterday, something about a business offer. Youngjae really couldn't listen much, he was distracted by Daehyun's smile as he kept talking. He looked like a cat, but the doe-eyes he had said otherwise. He quickly discarded another idea for a confession that came to his head, it was too weird.

"Youngjae!" Reality returned to Youngjae as he was brought out from his thinking. 

"What's wrong? You were spacing out a lot, is something bothering you?" Daehyun pouted as he stared at the younger male.

Youngjae internally squealed at the face Daehyun was making. But he decided to be calm and reassure Daehyun he was fine. The older male gave a smile and went to his working area. 

​​​​​​Again, Youngjae looked at Daehyun's keyboard to see it filled with even more notes. Daehyun noticed as well and put all the notes in a special container he bought just for this purpose. He carefully read through every single note, smiling at the words and jokes some people made. After placing the little container away, he focused on the work assigned today and began the typing.

Youngjae sighed as he realized that his only time with Daehyun for the day was over. Still, everyday was better even if it was only for a minute with the older male. He got ready to work, but noticed two sticky notes on his keyboard. 

Tell me if he said yes, ok? KH <3

Youngjae forgot about his friend knowing his secret. He again set a reminder to strangle Himchan later (he forgot to do so yesterday).

To his surprise the next sticky note was not from Himchan.

I admire you everyday, you work so hard and it motivates me so much <3 

"Oh look at what you got! Guess I'm not the only one getting these notes," Daehyun was laughing next to him, Youngjae barely realized he read the note out loud and Daehyun heard.

"Um. I don't think this was for me?" Daehyun continued laughing as he pointed to Youngjae's keyboard.

"I'm pretty sure it was for you. Good for you Youngjae!" Daehyun returned back to his work after giving his remark. Youngjae only could groan at what occurred. Slamming his head on the keyboard, Youngjae only wanted to hide after getting some unwanted attention from others.

 

There was another note the next day for Youngjae. This time the note said some sweet words of love to him and now the younger male was finally in a dilema. Someone had a crush on him, worse, Daehyun seemed excited and told Youngjae to find out who it is and maybe hit it off from there. Now, Youngjae has been through a lot but nothing hurt more than hearing your crush tell you to go find another person.

Well, Daehyun had no ill harm, but Youngjae might as well take it badly.

Youngjae now had to come up with a way to reject whoever was sending notes to him, he was only interested in Daehyun. Glancing around for others, he sighed in relief when everyone was busy focusing on their workload. He pulled out his list and began writing.

6. Just confess straightforward?

7. Take him out to lunch? Dinner?

8. Invite him to your place? (Bad idea)

9. Why is this so difficult? >.<

And he had to finish the day with no solid plan yet.

 

The following days were spent brainstorming, yet no idea came to mind. The notes continued to come but he payed no attention to them, Youngjae just tossed them to the trash can. He did noticed that Daehyun was acting different lately. The older male seemed more sad as the days continued.

Instead of confessing, Youngjae started to come up with ideas to make Daehyun happy again. He did not like to see a sad Daehyun, but all his efforts were in vain as Daehyun didn't smile and just resumed working. He took note that Daehyun did not automatically dig in to a slice of cheesecake, Youngjae labeled Daehyun's sadness as serious after noticing that.

For all his ideas, Youngjae had to agree that Himchan was no help.

"What did you do this time?" Himchan asked Youngjae as if the younger male knew the answer to his own problem. It didn't help that Himchan kept on asking if he somehow upset Daehyun by confessing his love to him. He got a smack that day and had to explain with a lie on why he had a huge bump forming on his head.

 

Today the note was different and Youngjae didn't know what to do.

Meet me at the coffee shop across the building during your lunch break. I want to tell you my feelings face to face.

What got Youngjae even more surprised was the other note he received. 

Just go during your break. I'm sure you'll like this person. -KH ^.^

~Lunch break~

It was weird for him. Daehyun left in a hurry once it was lunch time and Youngjae got really curious. He followed closely behind to see where Daehyun was going. It was more weird that Daehyun was heading towards the coffee shop. Something clicked inside of Youngjae.

No. It couldn't be?

But his thought came true. Daehyun entered the coffee shop and ordered an Americano and a latte. He watched as Daehyun took the drinks and sat at a table. He looked nervous as he played with his fingers for a while.

Youngjae couldn't help the smile forming on his face. He approached the male and took a seat.

"Is this for me?" Youngjae pointed at the Americano. Daehyun looked up in surprise but then blushed as he noticed who it was.

"Of course," he smiled and Youngjae couldn't have felt any happier. 

 

Of course his happiness had to be ruined by his friend.

"Oh my god, look everyone! I told you they were going to be together! They are so adorable~! Now pay up!"

If it weren't for Daehyun holding his hand, Youngjae is sure that Himchan would've been in pain right now.

A/N: Sorry for not a lof of fluff here(if there was any xD), the next part will have more of it ^.^