Chapter 5: Caged World

Another Chance

Few days later,
 

| In the RBW meeting room |
 

"Are you sure that is the same car you mentioned?" The CEO furrows his brows while looking at the piece of paper given by Byulyi which has the car license plate number written down.

 

"Yes, it is definitely the same car which attempted to hit Yongsun unnie. Though I don't have any evidence but I'm sure it is an attempted murder! " Byulyi clenched her fists while trying to convince the stubborn man infront of her. 

 

The man let out a sigh and folded his arms. "Calm down for now, Moonbyul. It might be a concidence. If they want to kill Solar, they shouldn't have done it in a crowded public place. Furthermore, we do not have enough evidence to report this matter." 

 

"But.. it might be dangerous in the near future!! So, could we possibly hire bodyguards? ..at least for Yongsun-unnie? " Byulyi pleaded in desperation, she felt frustrated and worried. Despite receiving countless death threats from their anti-fans, this might be the most serious death threat to them. 

 

Shortly, the CEO stood up while folding and keeping the paper inside his back pockets. "I'll think about this. For now, do keep this a secret from the members and do not take any unnecessary actions without my permission, alright?" He gave her a stern warning and decides to leave the room, leaving Byulyi speechless and exasperated. 

 


Leaving the RBW building in disappointment, Byulyi felt a 360 degree change in mood as she was welcomed by a bright and beautiful figure, smiling and waving infront of her. She always felt her weight on her shoulders lifted off easily whenever she sees her angel's smile.
 

"Hey~ What took you so long?" Yongsun pouted while she outstretched her hands to reach her girlfriend's hands. Byulyi smiled at the cuteness of the smaller figure and immediately gave her a tight and warm hug.
 

"I'm sorry, baby. Aigoo.. my princess must be cold and tired waiting here." The taller whispered tenderly into her girlfriend's ears, while the latter giggled with embarrassment. "Stop calling me a princess..! It is so embarrassing." Yongsun pulled away from the hug and gave a soft punch at Byulyi's chest while looking around to check if anybody is watching them.

 

Byulyi grinned and pulled her girlfriend back, giving her a tender and loving stare. "Hmm, then, what else do you want me to call you? Hmm, my gorgeous queen? My pretty baby? My beautiful, y, charming and cute prin-"

 

"Ahhh! Stop!! I'm cringing all over! Let's go now, I'm hungry!" Yongsun yelled and tried to hide her embarrassment, while the latter giggled at her tsundere girlfriend. Soon, they headed to the nearest ddeokbokki restaurant to have their dinner date, where Byulyi finally decided to treat Yongsun once in a blue moon. Despite their appearance hidden under their masks and cap, Yongsun tried to distance away from Byulyi as she still felt that they shouldn't be too close with each other in public. However, this never stopped Byulyi from holding her hands and pulling her closer instinctively especially when they are crossing the roads.



"Byul ah, did something happen to you? You seemed to be lost in your thoughts." Yongsun leaned forward to take a closer look at Byulyi's expressionless face. She felt that Byulyi has been very quiet since they left the building.

 

"Its nothing. Just feeling a little bit tired." Byulyi responded with a smile and held her closer and tighter. She was thinking about the topic discussed with the CEO earlier on as now she felt the need to be alert and concerned about her girlfriend's surroundings. "Alright, let's go home now. I'm kind of tired as well." Yongsun looked up to the taller woman and gave a concerned stare. The taller nodded in response and gave a reassuring and apologetic smile. 
 


"Can I sleep at your house tonight?" Byulyi questioned as they leave the lift and the older agreed immediately. After they entered the apartment, they took turns to take a shower and Yongsun decides to take out her hidden bottles of beer under her bed to start the long of heart to heart talk session.

 

"Byul ah, do you have anything in your mind? I'm here to listen." Yongsun approaches Byulyi who is lying on her bed, while she handled a bottle of beer over to the latter. The younger looked up and smiled. "Thanks, baby. But since you're here to listen, I don't think you should drink." She giggled at the pouting figure and sat up the bed, outreaching her hands to welcome her angel into her embrace. "Fine. Then tell me what is it. Are you feeling okay? You seemed to be tensed up recently." she said while she set aside the beer bottles and she leaned into her girlfriend's embrace. 

 

"I don't really know where to start from.. and I don't think you'll believe me anyway."
 

"Just say, I'll listen. And I'll believe whatever you say." 
 

"..." Byulyi couldn't find herself to speak up as she felt that it might be too much for Yongsun to know. 
 

"Alright, just take your time. But, don't forget I'm here for you, okay?" Yongsun said gently while she carressed Byulyi's cheeks and giving a tender smile to her depressed girlfriend.

 

Silence follows shortly as their eyes met, they felt that time has stopped for the moment. Byulyi looked into Yongsun's captivating lips and slowly leaned closer, closing up the gap between each other. Yongsun felt butterflies in her stomach as she feels Byulyi's breath near her and closes her eyes ready for the kiss. Seeing the shaking and nervous figure infront of her, Byulyi smiled and leaned towards her chubby chin to plant a nose kiss instead.  

 

"What.." Yongsun frowned in response to the nose kiss while she pulls away from the embrace. Byulyi let out her infamous cheeky hamster smile as she saw her disappointed girlfriend infront of her. "This is the sign of our love. I've been thinking how do I express my love to you in public. So what do you think about this?"  

 

"Aish, seriously.. you have been troubled about this all along? You made me so worried!" Yongsun rolled her eyes while Byulyi giggled in response and hugged her tightly. "Sorry for making you so worried, baby. Let's sleep, its getting late. " Byulyi planted a forehead kiss before she settle in a comfortable sleeping position and circling one of her arms to pull her girlfriend closer. 

 

"Liar.." Yongsun softly whispered while she snuggled her head into Byulyi's neck and they fell asleep shortly.

 


Ever since the discussion of the attempted murder incident, Byulyi has been keeping a constant eye on Yongsun who have been heading out secretly at night without her managers, leaving Byulyi feeling anxious and frustrated. Despite Byulyi's countless nags to her girlfriend about being too dangerous to go out alone, Yongsun felt frustrated as well because Byulyi doesn't allow her to step out of her house without her permission or accompany. She felt that Byulyi has been very possessive and overly protective these days, and felt that her caring mindset is suffocating her. Recently, they have been constantly arguing and quarrelling, distracting their focus on their upcoming comeback preparations. However, they tried to look peaceful infront of their maknaes as they do not want the entire team to be distracted. 

 

The cold war never seem to end for the couple even though they got together. Despite the quarrels and disagreements, Yongsun still listened Byulyi's words and tried not to go anywhere alone without her girlfriend's permission, other than going to her own schedules with her managers. Byulyi knows that she has been too demanding, but she felt that this is the only way to keep Yongsun safe. However, recalling the original cause of Yongsun's 'death', she is afraid that she might be repeating her mistake again. Hence, she decided to surrender to the war and sent messages to her Sun.

 

In the midst of her personal schedule, Yongsun took out her phone in anticipation of receiving messages from her girlfriend, despite the cold war they are having. She tried to hide her smile when she saw the unread messages in her phone feed that she received few minutes ago. 
 

-Hey, baby. Are you still angry with me? :(

-Are you busy? How is the photoshoot?

-I'm sorry for everything.. and I miss you ㅠㅠ

 

Before she swipes the message to reply, she was called by her manager to continue her photoshoot and ended up forgetting to reply.

 

After an hour, Byulyi felt frustrated and worried as she has not been receiving any replies since then. "Did something happened to her? Is she still angry with me? Should I try to call her? No, she might be busy.." Numerous thoughts entered her mind. Shortly, she decides to call her manager to check if Yongsun is safe and heaved a sigh of relief when the manager said that Yongsun is busy and definitely safe there.

 

After Yongsun ended her schedule, as soon as she returned to her apartment, she was welcomed by the sight of her caring girlfriend, who is standing infront of the door waiting for her return. "Welcome back, beautiful." Byulyi smiled charmingly and held out a bouquet of white flowers from her back. The older accepted the flowers, smiled and thanked her shyly. They soon exchanged hugs and Byulyi repeating her words saying how much she missed her. The lovely moment made them forgot about the cold war and all of the heated arguments they had recently.

 

"I'm sorry about earlier. I was busy and I forgot to reply your messages. I heard from Hyerim unnie about your call. You must be worried."
 

"Its fine. I'm glad you're safe. Sorry for being such a worrywart.. " 

 

Yongsun took a good look at Byulyi who is facing down feeling apologetic. She never hated Byulyi for being so caring and she definitely love all the attention Byulyi is giving to her. "Thanks for loving me, babe." She smiled tenderly at the younger while caressing her hair softly. Byulyi never felt so ecstatic in her life, feeling forgiven and loved at the same time. 
 

As soon as they sat on their sofa in the living room, Byulyi finally decided to speak up her thoughts.


"Baby, I have a confession to make.."
 

"Hmm, what is it?"

 

Byulyi let out a sigh and took a breath before she could continue. She never felt so nervous in her life other than that time when she confessed to Yongsun. She gave a serious expression and stared at the older's hazel orbs while holding onto her hands firmly.


"I know this is absurd but.. You were actually "dead" in the future, and.. I came from that future to prevent that from happening."
 

"..." 
 

"So, I've actually time-travelled or I'm actually from another parallel world..? Actually I knew the line of upcoming events especially your dinner date with Eric oppa last time, when you were actually 'killed' by a car accident."
 

After few seconds of silent stares, Yongsun couldn't help but to let out a laughter despite the tensed atmosphere.


"Time traveller? Woah daebak. Then do you know the upcoming lottery numbers? Hahaha! Which drama are you referencing from? I have to prepare the next line right?" 
 

Seeing no response from the younger, Yongsun stopped her giggles as the younger maintained her serious expression. 
 

"I knew you're not gonna believe me.. But, trust me, it is real and it was definitely not a dream. Remember the black vehicle which almost hit you last time? I believe it is the same culprit who 'killed' you."
 

Yongsun remained silent and speechless. Suddenly, she felt a shiver down her spine as she recalls that fateful day where she visioned herself being hit by the car. What Byulyi said might be true because ever since she had that car accident, she constantly had nightmares about herself getting hit by the same car and the feeling of death felt real in her dreams. Also, she remembers hearing Byulyi's voice before she was about to hit by that car, alerting her about the upcoming danger from far away.


"I've spoken to the CEO and managers about the possible culprit. They are currently investigating the case and tightening up the security. So in the meantime, please let me protect and be with you. I don't want to lose you again." Byulyi pulled her girlfriend into a tighter embrace and tried to hold back her tears. She really wanted Yongsun to be safe and protect her by all means but she knows she couldn't be with her 24/7.

 
"Don't worry Byul ah, it won't happen again. That person promised me." 
 

Pulling apart from the tight embrace, Byulyi's eyes widened in shock after she heard what Yongsun said. 

 


A/N: Thanks for reading and subscribing^^ Really sorry for the late update! Was so busy with my exams recently.. and also, thinking about what to write.
Can't wait for their comeback @ 7 March!! WEEEEEEEE!!