Chapter 3: Bad Premonition

Another Chance

Byulyi found herself waking up in a unfamiliar dark and cold room. She felt that her body is moving by itself, leaving the spooky room and entering the snowy scene of a familiar place. The next moment, she found out that she was at the rooftop of the building she's currently staying in. "Wait, isn't this place.." Byulyi recalls herself being here "few months back" with her suicidal thoughts of jumping down after Yongsun's "death". 

 

Feeling terrified, she felt that her body starts to move by itself again, now moving towards slowly to the edge of the rooftop. "Am I possessed?! Please get out of my body!" Byulyi thoughts to herself, shuts her eyes and let out a tear, hoping that the 'ghost'  in her body would spare her life. Many thoughts went into her mind while she is struggling to fight against her will to move forward. She doesn't want to end her life like this as she has already gotten her happiness back in her life.

 

Suddenly, her feet stops before reaching the dangerous edge of the building. Byulyi heaved a sigh of relief and finally gotten her body control back. Before she turns away to leave the place, she realised that something is amiss. She notices a crack in the air that could be seen in a few metres away, near the edge of the rooftop. "Am I seeing things?" Byulyi moves her body towards that blurry distorted zone while eyes fixing on the unbelievable scene. She realised that there is a person standing inside that weird dimension and only few parts of her appearance can be seen. Byulyi bravely approaches the scene and squinted her eyes to focus her sight as the snow is covering her vision. 

 

She realised that the crack gets smaller when she approaches it, and she felt that she's looking into a mirror as the person moves towards her, when she moves forward as well. As she slowly approaches the distorted crack, some parts of the crack slowly disappears into thin air but still hiding the appearance of the person in the small crack.


Byulyi decided to stop her tracks and to analyse the face of the mysterious person inside the crack before it disappears. "Who are you.. Why are you there..?" She reaches out her shaking hands to check if she can reach the person on the other side.

 

"Stop.." A cracking voice can be heard behind Byulyi ears. Feeling startled, she turns back and saw a familiar silhouette from far. The person is dressed in full black attire, with face covered in darkness. And once again, Byulyi felt her conscious is fading before she could analyse the identity of that person. ".. this again." She cursed in her mind while she falls onto her knees as she slowly blacks out. "Don't ever get near there again..." Byulyi heard the fading words in her subconscious mind and fainted onto the cold ground.


 

"Wait!!" Byulyi sat up her bed as she yelled in fear across her room. She felt a shiver down her spine as she wipes away her cold sweat while panting heavily. "Its that person in black again.." Suddenly, she felt dizzy and nauseous while thinking back about that dream she had earlier. She had a bad premonition that everything would restart again where she's back to the tragic and bleak future that Yongsun is not alive. Immediately, she reaches out for her phone on the nightstand near her bed and checked the date on her phone screen. Thank god.. She thought to herself while she heaved a sigh of relief as she is at the right track of time and everything now is real.

 

However, Byulyi felt that the dream is so realistic that she could remember clearly about the rooftop scene and the mysterious distorted crack. She decided to leave her bed with her pyjamas on and not minding her disheveled appearance as she left her house with a hurried mind. Reachin the rooftop, the brightness of the Sun greeted her warmly. Byulyi wanders around and investigated the area near the edge of the building where that mysterious crack appeared in her dream. However, after an intense search, nothing suspicious could be found in that vicinity.  "Seriously, why would I even think its real.. " She laughed at her silliness and returned to her room with disappointment yet a relieved mind.

 


"..yi.. Byulie unnie!" Byulyi jumped up her seat as she got startled by the sudden appearance of Wheein near her face. "Are you okay? You have been staring into space quietly for the past half an hour and not answering us when we're calling you." Wheein retraced her steps away from Byulyi while showing her concerned expression. 

 

"Oh. I'm fine. Just a little tired I guess." Byulyi let out a sigh and forced out a reassuring smile to Wheein, trying to convince the latter that she's fine. She has been thinking about that dream last night and not focusing on her dance practices. The girls have been practicing hard for their upcoming comeback stage, occupying the practice room all day night, continuously improvising their dances and vocals. 

 

"Just rest for awhile before we continue with our next song practice. I'm planning to get some snacks with Hyejin now, do you want anything?" Once again, Wheein approached her face closely before the older falls back to her blank state of mind again. "Not really, thanks. I'm not hungry at all. You guys can go ahead." Byulyi replied with a smile. The maknaes left the practice room excitedly as they finally get to see the sunshine for the first time after camping for days in the basement. Slowly, Byulyi is back with her thoughts again while she falls back her couch, not noticing the concerned eyes from someone away from far.

 

Suddenly, Byulyi felt a nudge on her shoulder and she jumped up from her seat again, and her head almost hitting the face of the standing figure infront of her. "That scared me..!" Yongsun held her hands near her fragile heart as she gets scared easily. Byulyi notices her silly and shocked expression and started to laugh. The older felt relieved when she finally saw Byulyi laugh after seeing her being tensed up for the past few days.

 

"What's so funny! Seriously, hahaha! Anyway, are you really okay..? You looked so tensed up recently. Is the vocal practice too stressful for you?" Yongsun sounded her concerns while she sat beside Byulyi to hear her out. She thought that maybe its the first time Byulyi is officially singing, which is the main cause of the stress. Byulyi smiled in response while faces her angel beside her and reaching out her cheeks to pinch them. "I'm okay, as long as you're here with me, my ddun." She gave her a greasy look, but soon she got a light smack from Yongsun in return, asking her to stop being so greasy and gross again while blushing and laughing loudly. Byulyi felt her weight on her shoulders lightens whenever Yongsun hears her out. But this time round, she found it hard to speak up as it is totally an absurd and unbelievable situation she's facing now. I'm sorry, Yongsun ah..

 

"Wait here, I'll get some drinks from the cafe." Yongsun left the room, leaving Byulyi alone and back to silence. The silence broke again when a vibrating sound is heard nearby her. Noticing its Yongsun's phone, she sighs at the forgetfulness of the leader, leaving her phone unattended again. Byulyi peeked over the phone instead of picking it up as she doesn't want to leave any fingerprints evidence else she will get scolded by Yongsun again.

 

Slowly glancing over the phone's feed full of unread messages, she saw the latest message received is from 'Eric Oppa'.  "Hey pretty, don't forget our dinner date at XXX restaurant on this coming Sunday, 7pm. Can't wait to see you :) I mi-" The preview of the text has been cut off at the crucial part, leaving Byulyi frustrated but she somehow know what he wrote at the back. Wait, this coming Sunday..? Thats..Yongsun's "death anniversary" Byulyi felt a sudden shiver down her spine and the painful memory of Yongsun's dead body came back again. She doesn't want that day to come, as she is afraid everything will repeat again.. and her Yongsun might leave her again. 

 


D-3

3 days remaining. Byulyi has been stressing out while thinking about the upcoming fateful day, as well as their comeback stage she has to prepare for. She has been lost in her thoughts during her dance practices, and her continuous mistakes has been frustrating her members who are focusing well on their parts. Recently, she has been scolded by their choreographer and managers as she has not been performing well.  "Moonbyul, we know that you have something up your mind but for now, toss everything aside and let's focus alright? We're here to hear you out anytime." Byulyi felt apologetic to her worried managers and decided to focus on her job and deal with her stressful thoughts when she's back home.

 

Ever since Byulyi read that message from Eric, she has been constantly thinking about ideas on how to cancel that date so that she can keep Yongsun at home to be safe. Many evil thoughts entered her mind where she even thought of kidnapping Eric away so that her Yongsun will not meet him. Or rather, she prefers to lock Yongsun at home by changing her house password in secret. Snapping back to reality, Byulyi decided to give Yongsun a call, while thinking about her lousy excuses that she has been thinking all day.

 

"Hello?" A sound of her angel came out after 3 rings of the call, Byulyi smiled and felt a sense of relief by hearing Yongsun's voice.

 

"Hey babe, you're still up?" Byulyi sat up her bed, feeling anxious about her unprepared ad-libs.

 

"Well, I bet you can hear me well right? Haha anyway, what's up?" Yongsun replied in a sleepy tone. Seems that she has been woke up by the phone call.

 

"Hmm.. I'm just thinking that its been a long time since we have went to...the..the ski resort, so by any chance are you free on this coming Sunday?" Byulyi sounded unconfidently.



"Hmm, this Sunday? Aww.. Can it be other days? How about tomorrow, since we don't have any schedule tomorrow?" 

 

"Tomorrow? Isn't it too last minute? Why can't you make it on Sunday? Do you have something on?" Byulyi asked an obvious question but kind of hoping that she might answer differently.

 

"Yeah, sorry. I have an appointment with my friend. How is tomorrow last minute? We still have 7 hours for us to prepare." Yongsun giggled as she sees the time on her clock showing '11:30pm'.

 

"Wow, 7 hours of no-sleep, are you being serious? You already planning to leave at dawn? I don't think that's a good idea. Anyway who are you meeting with? Someone special..?" 

 

"Why not? Its a great time to begin our date right? Haha. Let's do it!" Yongsun sneakily dodged the last part of the question raised by Byulyi, hoping that she could change the topic.

 

Not wanting to sound annoying, Byulyi didn't want to pursue that question again to break the happy conversation she's enjoying now. "Alright. See you in 7 hours time then. I'll wait for you outside your house at 6:30am sharp tomorrow " Byulyi chuckled, but she's hoping that she won't take the bait.

 

"Sure. See you then! I gotta sleep now, so i'll leave you to plan the trip yeah? Good night!! Bbyong!" Yongsun giggled and quickly hung up her phone, leaving Byulyi dumbfounded.

 

"Wait, hey..!" Byulyi couldn't get her last words through her phone as the call has ended cruelly. Although she's mad, she couldn't hide her excitement for the upcoming trip with Yongsun and started to take out her laptop to research and plan for the trip. Despite feeling disappointed that she couldn't stop Yongsun for meeting Eric, she felt the excitement of going for a trip with her Sun again. As it is probably her last date with her Yongsun before the destined day comes.


A/N: Hello, thanks for reading, subscribing and for all the kind upvotes^-^ !  I hope that I won't disappoint everyone for the upcoming chapters. *cries in korean*