7th Day - Escaping Feelings Part 2

first and second

3rd day

***

Hyejin was sitting next to Wheein and she noticed that the latter seemed to be in deep thought. So, she sat next to her best friend, bumping her shoulder with her own.

“Ya, Wheein-ah! You seem to be drowning in deep thoughts right there" she chuckkled and continued, "What’s the matter?” Hyejin said it half jokingly, trying to lighten up her best friend's dark mood.

Wheein forced a smile and looked at Hyejin, trying to say with her eyes that she's fine even though her friend sees she's obviously not. Nevertheless, she decided to tell her best friend the truth. Wheein is someone is who easily opens up when someone asks her what's on her mind especially when she's feeling down.

"Something's been bothering me" the latter opened up.

"What is it? Tell me." Hyejin tilted her head, having a sympathetic look on her face.

"Well…" She sighed heavily, asked herself if it's right to tell her her secret but said it anyway. "I like Byulie unnie", she confessed.

Her best friend's reaction was surprisingly not surprised and her answer was even more surprising. "I knew it!" Hyejin said with a small smile on her face.

Wheein was baffled. "You knew?"

"Well, duh!", Hyejin chuckled. "I saw how your treatment for Byulie unnie suddenly changed just 2 weeks ago. I really thought you were being weird." Hyejin's smile and her eyes widened when she suddenly thought of something and exclaimed, "That's why you looked so jealous when the unnies acted lovey dovey in front of our fans in the festival last week!" The two laughed. They both felt butterflies in their stomach,

"Oh my gosh! Was I that obvious?" Wheein asked.

"Yes", Hyejin laughed while nodding. "But don't worry about the unnies because they didn't seem to notice anything at all."

Wheein let out a sigh of relief and looked up before saying "Wah~ I really hope they didn't." She looked at her friend again and continued, "What do I do with this feeling? It's so weird because we're all like sisters and then suddenly stupid me fell in like with her. I want this feeling to go away!" Wheein fake sobbed and lightly pulled her hair up out of a habit she does when she gets frustrated.

"Aigoo. Wheein-ah, it must be hard for you. You can't make it go away quickly, but while it's there I'd say enjoy it. It's not important if she'll like you back or not because, you know what, this feeling you are feeling right now for Byulie unnie is only temporary. It's just a puppy crush so don't entertain it too much in your head. You don't wanna ruin your friendship and your career because of this right?

"Right." Wheein agreed. Although she looked sad, but inside she felt relieved by her friend's words and was glad that she finally told someone about it.

***

On the other hand, Byul's friend, Sunhye, also said almost the similar things. "It's normal to admire and have feelings for someone, but you have to choose which are more important to you— your feelings which will risk your friendship and career or…" the advising friend shrugged and continued, "…your friendship and career."

"Of course I choose our friendship and career!" Byul thought for a second that her friend said it so easily like that but she also knew that she was right and that it's a little bit stupid but, she can’t control her feelings.

"That's why I've been trying to get rid of this stupid feeling and I need you to help me forget and move on!" Byul begged her friend although she knew her friend would help her, that's why they met up in the first place.

"I know and I will! While you're in my hands, you are going to have fun until you forget all about your worries."

Byulie felt so relieved and grateful to have such a friend who's willing to help and to be there for her when she needs someone and she knows that her friend knows it too that Byul doesn't even have to say "thanks" to let her know that she’s thankful. Also, because Sunhye told her before that she doesn't have to say "thank you" because she's just doing what a friend is supposed to do for a friend. She’s simply just being a friend to her.

***

"Guys!" Yongsun called out to her two younger members as she waved her arms while running towards them. "Let's go swimming!"

The three girls enjoyed as much as they can while their vacation lasted. They wrote a song together that night while snacking around a small bonfire they made. Yongsun played the guitar as Hyejin and Wheein helped develop a melody.

***

Gosh, i'm having a bit of a difficulty on where i want this story to go. I’ll try to work on this every night and make it better.|Thanks for reading up till here! :) (Reminder: Keep your expectations low lol)