It comes true.

Wishes do come true

~then~
Jin grunted as he tried frantically to balance 3 large fragile plastic bags and pull out his keys at the same time. Oh god. 3.2.1. The bag started to rip, a hole forming on the bottom. He tried not to move or make the hole larger, but miserably failed. Just before the hole widened enough for the groceries inside to fall out, Hoseok opened the door. "Hyung?"

Jin scrambled inside, somehow managing to set the bags down on their old shamble of a table before the bag broke and the food inside fell out. "Thanks Hoseok, nice to know that someone's helping around the house?" Hoseok managed a tired smile before going to start unpacking the shopping. "Kookie's still at daycare and Jiminie and Tae are working extra shifts at the music store. They'll be back in about half an hour?"

"What? It's Sunday! I thought Mrs Chi gave us today off? And why are Chim and Tae at the music store? Were they fired from the café?"

"No hyung, you don’t have to worry. Kook said that he could take the shift and earn more, and Chim and Tae got promoted and got a few days off, so they got another job!" Hoseok rushed to comfort his very frazzled hyung. Jin sighed. "They work too much, as the oldest I should be the one to do that!" Jin finished putting the food back in the cupboard and carefully stored the money back in the drawer. He started dinner, as Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung would be hungry when they came back. As he waited for the meal to finish cooking, he started to do the laundry as Hoseok cleaned the rooms. After 20 minutes, they were done. Jin wiped his brow and checked on the stew. Almost done. Then he spotted Yoongi on the sofa, reading a magazine. "Yoongi, what are you doing? Shouldn’t you and Hoseok be working on your new song? C'mon, you shouldn’t just waste the day away!"

Yoongi whipped around to fix Jin with a icy hot glare, the dark circles even more apparent on his pale skin. "Well im sorry if I wanted to actually get news on Namjoon Hyung on my break since he never writes or visits! Dammit Eomma stop (stohb) it! Is it so wrong that I want to hear about my Hyung's success? I suppose you don’t care anymore? I guess you're glad that Namjoon's gone and you don’t have another mouth to feed?" The magazine had slowly been crumpled up in Yoongi's fist. Jin stared at Yoongi in horror, feeling his eyes pool with tears. "Yoongs…"

"No hyung don’t you 'yoongs' me! Stop telling me I don’t do enough work, that im useless and dumb and Do you even care? Do you even ****ing care about us?"

Jin froze, unable to move. A lone tear made its way down his face. "I…"

"What's going on?" A strong voice cut through the chaos. Jungkook opened the door and stepping into the apartment. "Hyung? What's happening?" Jimin's voice followed Jungkook's. "Look hyung! We got a little more money today so we bought Joonie hyung's new album! We had a few coupons and the employee discount, don’t worry!"

"Hyung?" The two paused as they took in the scene. Jin standing in the middle of the room, tears silently streaming down his cheeks, while Yoongi was standing up, a magazine and blanket discarded on the ground, Hoseok looking on in abject horror. Jin snapped out of his trance, hurriedly rubbing away his tears. "I… I'll just…" He slid into the kitchen.

Jungkook glared at Yoongi with a glare that was the fire to Yoongi's ice. "Hyung! What did you do! You know today is the 20th month anniversary of when Namjoon hyung left! What did you say to him!" he whisper-yelled. Yoongi shot back with equal ice. "Jeon jungkook do you think I don’t know that? That's why I was doing what I was doing before he just rushed in and yelled at me!" Jungkook growled, his hands clenching into fists. How dare he! Jin hyung never did anything without a reason! Only Jimin's gentle touch and Hoseok leading Yoongi away, mouthing apologies for Yoongi's mood swings acting up, stopped him from outright decking Yoongi in the mouth and helping him perform a free tooth removal. He took a deep breath, relaxing, and motioned for Jimin to go calm Yoongi while he dealt with Jin.

"Hyung?" Entering the kitchen, Jungkook noticed the quiet, accompanied by sniffles immediately. He looked around, seeing the pot still on the stove, and the stew looked done, so he turned off the fire to prevent accidents before rushing to his Hyung's side. "Oh no. Jin hyung? Can you hear me?"

Jin was frozen sitting down, leaning against the counter. He was totally spaced out, gasping for breath and trembling, tears flowing down his face freely. Jungkook crouched down next to him and wrapped him in a warm hug. "Oh god hyung? Can you hear me?" he felt a weak nod and was slightly relieved. "Okay. Hyung I need you to focus on my breathing. Okay? Can you do that? Breathe in, out. In, out. Yah, exactly!" He pulled Jin up into a standing position, the extra 2 cm of height helping not at all. (AN: Yes I know the height is wrong but WELL!) He focused on getting Jin to breathe and slow his heartbeat, rubbing his back and murmuring to him. Slowly Jin faded back into the real world. Jungkook smiled, relieved. "That's it hyung. Follow my voice, focus on my hands." The aforementioned hands rubbed Jin's back soothingly until Jin calmed down totally.

"I'm… im sorry kookie." Jin managed to get out between hiccups.

"Hyung you have nothing to be sorry for. Let's get you in bed." Jungkook half carried Jin into his room and laid him down on the mattress.

-memories of nights spent curled up, of accelerated heartbeats, of happiness and pillow fights and deep talks and laughing and dimples so deep they were illegal, memories of blond hair and long legs and back massages and happiness, memories of butterflies in his stomach, of first love, of feeling so happy he could fly-

Memories of Namjoon hit Jin as soon as he laid down and Jungkook hugged him comfortingly. He sat upright, gasping for air. "No." Jungkook shifted upright, noting the tears running down his face and facepalmed. He had forgotten that the two hyungs used to share the smallest mattress so the rest could sleep in comfort, of course this would bring back memories of Namjoon. Jungkook wrapped his strong arms around Jin in a warm hug. "Hyung, lets go to my room."

In Jikook's room, Jin's tears were dried and he was calmed down, until slowly he fell into an uneasy sleep. Jungkook smiled tiredly before going to the neighboring room, Yoongi's room.

"Min Yoongi!" Jungkook growled quietly. Yoongi snarled at him. "Hyung to you!"

"No! You made Jin hyung have another episode! Godammit hyung I know you got caught out in a mood swing today but you cant just lash out like that hyung!"

"I don’t care! Is it so bad to want to know? To want to have a break, to breathe? None of you love me! Ill be better off dead!"

"Hyung!" 4 cries sounded quietly. Tae had joined them, unnoticed. "You cant say that!"

Yoongi cracked and a tear slid down his cheek. "It's true…"

Hoseok hugged Yoongi tightly, capturing his lips in a kiss. "How can you think that? I love you!"

Yoongi caved under the sudden influx of hugs.

********************

"Morning Kook-ah"

"Jin hyung? You shouldn’t be up so early! Why are you up so early?"

"Well I have to make breakfast and go to work, I had my day off yesterday!"

"Mrs Chi wont mind if you call in sick!"

"No, we need the money. Im fine!" Jin managed a watery smile. Jungkook huffed and polished off his toast, while Jin changed, and they set off to the daycare center they worked in.

****************

"Morning Mrs Chi!"

"Morning SeokJin, Jungkook, you two are on reception with Ahn Sung today." Mrs Chi, their warm and welcoming boss, assigned.

Jungkook groaned. Ahnsung had hated them both from when they first met, due to them being 'lower class'. She was going to do something again.

And she did.

After all the children were accounted for, they had a short break, during which Ahn Sung pulled out the latest edition of AllMusicGossip and opened it, starting to read loudly. Perhaps her plan was to annoy them? She knew they hated the magazine, but not the reason.

"… and Amer-korean rapper Kim Namjoon, better known as RM, celebrates his 20 month since debut! Oh my! He's hot as hell! You could do body shots off those dimples! Whats this? He has a girlfriend?" Ahn sung accompanied the statement with a shrill giggle and a sly look at the two. Seeing that Jin looked frozen up while Jungkook looked riled up, she continued. "Ameri-korean rapper RM spotted with worldwide-acknowledged beauty Sanna Brighton on his arm? Oh my! What a scandal, though they do match up well! What else! Oh it says that they- Hey!"

Jungkook snatched her filthy gossip rag out of her hands and ripped it into shreds. "Jin hyung? Ahn Sung what the **** have you done you ****ing *****? Jin hyung? Hyung can you hear me?"

Jungkook engulfed Jin in another hug, trying to snap him out of the panic attack. Jin was trembling, gasping for breath, and his heartbeat was going at a hundred miles per hour. Jungkook glared at Ahn Sung all the while comforting his hyung, who wasn’t responding. It wasn’t working, he needed assistance. "Ahn sung!" She snapped around to look at him, fear on her face, serves her right. "Call Mrs Chi, tell her we're calling in sick, then call the number on my screen and tell him I told him to meet me at the place he knows." (yes his phone had a 'if lost call ***-****-****** and return to Park Jimin' lockscreen but they were practically dating so who cared?) Ahn sung was too scared to disobey, she called the 2 while Jungkook continued to sooth Jin.

Thank god, Mrs Chi allowed them to go, and Jungkook immediately grabbed Jin, who was limp and unresponsive, staring into blank space, and picked him up like a child. "Ahn Sung you ***** you don’t know what you've done you are an awful person and Doo Ree will never like you back. Think on your consequences and this is not over, you should thank god Hyung needs me right now or you would have a broken arm, two black eyes and a bloody nose." Ahn Sung gulped and weakly nodded, whispering "sorry…"

Jungkook ignored her and rushed out the door, Jin in his arms. Jin was stiff and his beautiful face was stained with tears. He was spaced out and muttering under his breath, and none of Jungkook's usual methods worked. I mean, he hadnt tried the 'slap' yet but he didn’t think he should do that as he might make it worse. He finally made it to the secluded, unpopulated area of the beach, and all he could do was make Jin more comfortable, dry his tears and wait for Jimin to arrive.

Jimin was there in a flash, but the 10 minutes it took felt like a torturous eternity. Jungkook looked up at the sound of Jimin's footsteps and huffing. "Hyung, he's not responding to anything what should I do?"

Jimin immediately took over, whispering comforting words against his ear and rubbing his back in a smooth cycle. Jungkook didn’t know how he did it, but Jimin worked his magic, and Jin calmed down, out of the attack again.

"S,sorry…" Jin hiccupped, rubbing at his tears. "I.. I just couldn’t…"

Jimin looked at jungkook, his eyes full of questions that were answered as soon as Jungkook mouthed 'Ahn Sung and Namjoon Hyung.' Jimin's eyes hardened but he kept his temper in check. "Hyung you have nothing to be sorry for. It's okay. You're okay. Everything will be fine."

Jin sniffled. "I'm the eldest hyung, but I need you all to take care of me…" Jimin hushed him and hugged him tighter, Jungkook piling on as well. Soon, Jin was comforted and calmed at least slightly.

"can… can I have a minute alone? Please?" Jin weakly asked. Jungkook looked at Jimin and they both backed away, allowing Jin a moment of privacy.

Jin looked out towards the sea, staring at the glimmers as the fading sunlight caught on the waves in a collision of stars. He sighed. "Joonie… I miss you…" Jin pulled out a small pink stone from his pocket. "I took this home… I kept this with me all the time, I didn’t throw it. Maybe that’s why my wish didn’t come true… I'm sorry… Maybe if I make another wish, this time it'll come true." Jin brought the stone to his lips, whispering a prayer, before winding up and pitching the pebble into the ocean. The pebble splashed into the sea, disrupting the surface of 'glitter'.

I wish you'll come home…

Jin sighed, taking one last stare at the sea, and turned away. Flashing a watery smile at Jungkook and Jimin, he said "Im ready to go home."

*******************

A week later, Jin was washing up the dishes while the others played in the living area and watched the news. Suddenly Yoongi gasped. "Hyung! Listen! Ameri-korean rapper RM, real name Kim Namjoon, is taking a short break from work to return to his homeland for a well earned rest after the success of his latest album, On top of the Moon. AAP provided no additional information. Hyung! Namjoon hyung is coming home?" Jin dropped the spatula, the resounding clang echoing in the silence. The others' faces mirrored his bug-eyed gape. Yoongi went on. "This was posted yesterday! That means…"

The doorbell rang, the chimes seeming to drown them in sound in the silence. Jin stared at the other members, feeling a familiar panic creep in. Pushing down the feeling, he opened the door as the other members motioned for him to do so.

A tall man stood in the doorway, his dark hair gelled into a stylish updo, dark sunglasses perched on his nose. Jin stared at the person, shocked. The rest of the members crept up and peeked at him. Then the figure pulled off the shades and the stern face softened into a smile that they all recognized, dimples as deep as ever. "Jin hyung?" His long fingers opened to reveal a small, half-faded pink stone.

"I'm back for as long as you need me to be."

"I promise."