Epilogue: Another Wish

Wishes do come true

Wishes are tricky things, they might come true, they might not, no one knows one way or another. They might fail if spoken to another, which was why Jin was currently struggling.

But fate works in strange ways.

 

"So, hyung, will you ever tell me what you wished for that day and what happened to it?" Namjoon asked Jin a week later. "I wished to make it big, to achieve my dreams, and for… well… returned feelings." Jin smiled at him, feeling himself hurt at the thought that Namjoon had liked someone else. "eh, nothing much, nothing special."

 

Namjoon opened his mouth to ask, but Jin cut him off. "How did you know to come back?"

 

"I found it. I went to Hawaii for a concert the other day, and I found the monuments, still there on the beach. Then when I went back to california, I found this on the beach." Namjoon pulled out the pink pebble Jin had wished on. "So I remembered that you all probably missed me and that I should return home." Jin ran a thumb over the small stone that had achieved so much. Namjoon stared at the gentle movement.

 

"Hyung?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Do you know who I wanted to like me back?"

 

Jin felt his heart crack. "Who? Sanna?"

 

"No." Namjoon's dimples reappeared. He leaned in teasingly, causing Jin's heart rate to flutter and pick up. He leaned in until the two were less than an inch apart. "It was…you." Namjoon murmured, as his lips finally met Jin's full ones.

 

Jin pulled away first. "Do you really want to know what I wished for?"

 

"Yah hyung." Namjoon bit his kiss-swollen lips.

 

Jin smiled flirtily, his eyes crinkling up as he leant in for a second kiss. "It doesn’t matter. I already have all I want."

 

"Our wishes already came true."