Chapter 1: make a wish

Wishes do come true

~before~

 

Jin rummaged frantically in the 'wreckage' of his and Namjoon's shared room. His side was, for once, messier than Namjoon's, with clothes strewn frantically around. "Where is it?" He murmured under his breath.

 

Footsteps pounded and Taehyung appeared. "Hyung! I can't find my bobby pins! I need to use them!"

 

Ji straightened up, distracted. "Hmm? Oh, Tae, you cant find your hair pins? Just a sec, mmkay? I need to find my spare keys…"

 

A shout echoed from down the hall. "Jeon Jungkook! You go back to playing Overwatch and leave your hyungs in peace!" The sentence was punctuated with a smack, yelp and a door slam.

 

Jin sighed, running a hand through his currently pink hair. "Taehyung!" He called. "Lets go investigate!"

Taehyung brightened up. "Sure hyung!"

 

Jin walked down the hall, moving towards the source of the noise. He quickly found them in the small dorm: Jungkook was standing, open mouthed and seemingly traumatized, in front of the door of the room they had put aside for music making. The door was currently locked, which explained the door slam.

 

"Kookie, what did you do this time?" Jin asked gently. Jungkook blushed. Tae's sharp eyes immediately spotted some items on the ground. "Hey! My pins! Hyung, your keys are here!"

 

Jin bent down to pick them up, not missing the guilty look on Jungkook's face. "Jungkook, what did you do? You tried busting into the room while Hoseok and Yoongi were working, didn’t you! You know not to disturb them!"

 

Jungkook looked down, ashamed. "I… I heard some not-so-musical sounds coming out of the room? In my defence! When I got in, they were NOT making music for sure." He rubbed himself, cleansing himself of the horror.

 

Jin knocked on the door. "Hey! Open up!"

 

"Hyung, we're busy!" Yoongi's disgruntled and slightly breathless voice floated out.

 

"No! Open up! Jungkook said you were trying a new method of beatboxing, he heard strange noises and saw that you were not working. Open up or I'll get Namjoon!"

 

Yoongi grumbled and Jin heard sounds of chairs being shuffled. "Fine."

 

The door opened. Yoongi's head, blond hair mussed up, appeared. "What do you want Eomma?"

 

Jin sighed. "Im not your eomma! For the last time, stop calling me that! Let me in!"

 

Jin heard a squawk from inside the room and tried to peer inside. Yoongi gestured to someone out of sight and sighed. "Whatever you want Eomma."

 

It was pointless to stop members from calling him that. He had been their dorm leader since 5th year of high school, 5 years ago, and they all called him that. Internally screaming at the way he had poorly raised these kids, he pushed open the door and screamed.

 

Yoongi was buttoning up his shirt, glaring at Jin the whole time. He wasn’t fast enough to stop Jin from seeing the red marks on his collarbone. Jin screeched. "Min yoongi! What on earth were you doing?!"

 

Yoongi scowled. "Having perfectly hot and fine makeout session before Jungkook barged in."

 

Jin looked around. "With whom? Your reflection?" he looked around, seeing the cupboard doors twitch. Sighing he walked over. "I swear, Min Yoongi," He called over his shoulder, gripping the handle of the cupboard door tightly, "If I catch whatever girl you've brought home to snog, I'll…"

 

Throwing open the doors, he trailed off in shock as a familiar sight, paired with a familiar squawk and rustle of movement, met his eyes.

 

"Jung Hoseok! What the hell?"

 

Hobi sat inside the cupboard, hastily rebuckling his belt and trying to cover himself up with the ripped remains of his shirt. He clambered down embarrassedly, and blushed. "Um?"

 

Jin stared at Yoongi's grumpy face, then stared at Hoseok's ruffled state and both their states of half undress, and hit the roof. "MIN YOONGI TELL ME YOU 2 DID NOT JUST SNOG THE WHATSITS OUT OF EACH OTHER!" (About time, his evil conscience thought.)

 

Jungkook's voice sounded. "Um, maybe they did?"

 

"AND YOU LET JUNGKOOK SEE HE'S ONLY 18 HE'S NOT EVEN OF AGE MIN YOONGI WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"

 

Yoongi smoothed out his shirt and grumbled "He's nineteen next week and it's not like he hasn’t seen or done this before."

 

Jin immediately whipped around to Jungkook, who was trying to make a quick getaway. "Jeon Jungkook you stay there we will have words later." Turning back to Yoongi he yelled "DO NOT TRY TO DISTRACT ME HE IS ONLY A CHILD! Why on earth are you snogging Hoseok!"

 

The Hoseok in question was creeping towards the door before Jin grabbed his arm and yanked him back. "Why are you two so irresponsible! You should be working!"

 

Hoseok blinked. "Wait. You're not going to tell us off for snogging?"

 

"JUNG HOSEOK WHAT DO YOU THINK IM DOING RIGHT NOW!"

 

"No, I meant snogging as in I am snogging Yoongi!"

 

"Well, you should have locked the door and waited till tonight! In your room! Tae is a heavy sleeper you could get away with it!" Tae's indignant "Hey!" was muffled.

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "He means, arent you going to harp on us for being gay?"

 

"Everyone has known for ages you're gay, or at least Bi, Min Yoongi, and you wrecked his perfectly fine shirt!"

 

Hoseok blinked. "Um, alright. Um, sorry eomma. We wont next time."

 

"Don’t call me Eomma." Jin's tired voice sighed. "And yes, next time, don’t be caught."

 

Exiting the room, he grabbed Jungkook and sat him down. "Now Kookie, since you seem to be growing, we need to have a talk."

 

Jungkook's eyes widened in horror. He was saved by Namjoon and Jimin dashing in from outside.

 

"Guys! We won the school ball lottery! We're going to Hawaii!"

 

****The night before (they set out)****

 

Jin was forcing the suitcase shut by sitting on it when Namjoon entered. Jin immediately looked up, distracted. "Oh, you're back! Did -" The suitcase sprang back open, Jin only barely getting out of the way.

 

Namjoon chuckled. "Yes I had a great day at work, I finished my mixtape and I sent it off to some companies to see if I got it right this time." He walked over and helped Jin up, peeling off the shirt that had sprang out and covered Jin. "Need

help?"

 

Half an hour later both were done with their packing. Jin wiped his brow and smiled at Namjoon. "Hungry?"

 

"…No?"

 

"Too bad, cause Im serving looks tonight!" Jin cackled. Namjoon stared at him, not knowing whether to laugh or cringe. He settled for an awkward chuckle. They both blushed awkwardly. Jin stared at him, his lips curving into a gentle smile.

 

"I'll make hot chocolate while you shower and change?"

 

"Sounds nice…"

 

Namjoon and Jin stared at each other, each getting lost in the other's eyes.

 

A thousand thoughts were running through their heads,

 

He's so tall and handsome, and those dimples…

His doe eyes and broad shoulders, and the way he takes care of everyone…

 

They unconciously leaned towards each other, still keeping eye contact. Jin could not deny the obvious attraction he felt towards the taller, dimpled man.

 

A bump and groan from down the hall shocked them out of their reverie and they sprang apart from each other awkwardly. Namjoon clasped his hands awkwardly. "Um, I'll just, um, shower." He disappeared into the bathroom.

 

Jin rubbed his neck and set off down the hall to get to the source. Of course, it was the Daegu Boys + Hobi's room. He banged hard on the door. "Goddammit Yoongi if you and Hobi are going to mess around either do it in the toilet or keep it freaking down! Most of us are trying to sleep!"

 

The door opened to a wide eyed Taehyung. "Jin Hyung! Hobi dropped the lamp on his foot!"

 

Jin sighed.

 

After Hoseok's foot was bandaged up and Yoongi was given 5 warnings, Jin headed back into his room tiredly. He did not need to put up with this crap he wasn’t even their official mom but they treated them as such?

 

(He secretly enjoyed it though)

 

Namjoon was sprawled on the bed (Okay technically mattress on a renovated shelf but hey it worked and yes one mattress because it was warmer, saving heater fuels and they were thin enough to fit and they didn’t want to get 2). He was quietly singing to a song in english that Jin didn’t recognize. Jin inwardly smiled at the peaceful sight and at Namjoon's beautiful deep voice. He cleared his throat quietly and Namjoon startled, almost falling off and dropping his phone. Again. Jin laughed and moved over, collapsing on the bed. "Being the oldest is way too much work." Namjoon laughed at Jin's tired expression, his dimples appearing, and put away his phone.

 

"Whatever you say eomma Jin!"

 

"Stop calling me that! If im the mom you're the dad!"

 

A shocked silence fell over the two. Namjoon stared at him. "What."

 

"Um yeah! You're the leader, second oldest and everyone just, I guess, sees you as the father figure in the group?"

 

Namjoon stared at him. "You're kidding. Im like the most irresponsible one! Apart from the 2 maknaes. And Yoongi."

 

"Third most responsible one it is."

 

Namjoon threw his pillow at Jin. "Is not!" It hit the wall with a thump, and Jin, since he had dodged, also hit the wall with a thump. Jin winced, trying not to groan at the pain as he crumpled into a ball on the ground, clutching his head, but a small whine slipped past his lips. "Joonie…"

 

Namjoon stared at him. "Oh crap hyung im sorry are you okay?" He hurried over and helped Jin to the bed. Jin pressed his face into the mattress. "Just… seeing stars and I think I got bruised?"

 

Namjoon groaned. "God, Jin im so sorry." Jin waved him away. Namjoon leant closer and stared at his head. Was that a lump he saw forming? He got distracted with thoughts of running his hands through that soft silky hair… wait what?Instead, Namjoon started to softly knead Jin's back, causing him to quietly moan in pleasure. He continued for a while, his mind drifting away to something less appropriate… He was so distracted that he accidentally pressed on a spot, making Jin yelp in pain.

 

Jin sat up and looked at him. "Thanks Joon. We should sleep, we have an early flight tomorrow." He fell back onto the bed, covering himself up. Namjoon snuggled in next to him. "Hyung?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I really am sorry."

 

"Go to sleep Joon."

 

************

Jin woke up the next morning to a few very unexpected things.

  1. Sometime during the night, he and Namjoon had snuggled up into a hug with each other.
  2. He had a small problem in his pants?
  3. He smelled something burning… again.

 

Sighing, he heaved himself away from the lovely warmth and got up to shower and change.

 

Apparently, Jimin had been making pancakes perfectly fine when Jungkook snuck up and kissed him, and jimin had flipped the pancake straight into the fire.

 

Sigh.

 

Yoongi smirked at him while they were brushing their teeth. "Hyung! All that crap about being quiet with Hobi last night and you and Namjoon doing it loudly right after? Seriously!"

 

Jin choked on his toothpaste. "Min Yoongi! What the heck did you just say?"

 

"I said, you were way too loud when you did Namjoon last night!"

 

"What! I did not! We arent even… We're just roommates!"

 

"Sure… That’s why you were making all those noises last night."

 

Jin thanked the gods they were alone in the toilet. "He threw a pillow at me and I hit my head! Then he gave me a massage alright? For goodness sake Yoongi what on earth!"

 

Yoongi smirked. "If you say so hyung. You have a spot there by the way."

 

Jin groaned. He hated pimples.

 

Outside the door, Jungkook gasped at what he had heard. He sped to the dining room and immediately yelled at everyone. "Guys! This is important!"

 

Hoseok looked up, grumpy before his morning coffee. "Make it quick kookie!"

 

"Namjoon hyung and Jin eomma are dating!" Jungkook whisper shouted.

 

"WHAT?!?!"

 

There were… 5 voices? Jungkook whipped around to see Jin and Yoongi, freshly washed, behind him, and Namjoon walking out behind them. Jungkook gulped. "Um… Yoongi hyung said! Bye!"

 

Jin grabbed him. "We are not! We're just friends! Just roommates!" Namjoon nodded in fierce agreement. Everyone else smirked, noticing their chemistry. "Surreeee…"

 

"Crap! Move, we'll be late to the flight!"

**********************

 

There was a flurry of movement as everyone scrambled to finish up.

 

"Hyung! We're at the gate, checked in and everything, half an hour early! You lied!" Taehyung accused.

 

Jin laughed nervously. "Well, you are always late… Oh look lets get on!"

 

*******************

 

"Ah, Hawaii. And a private beach house, perfect." Hoseok sighed at the sea. Jungkook immediately dashed upstairs to change into swimshorts to swim.

 

"Alright, be home for dinner by 6!"

 

"Will do!" A chorus of voices answered Jin, before everyone vanished like shadows. Jin laughed to himself and got ready to go out, grabbing his bag, wallet and polaroid camera.

 

"Mind if I join you?" A deep voice asked quietly, dimples making an appearance.

 

*************

 

Jin and Namjoon made their way to the beach. Namjoon caught a teeny crab, and they cooed over it for the best part of an hour before letting it go. Then Jin walked on the wall near the beach while Namjoon took pictures. They spent most of the day relaxing on the beach.

 

"Look at Jimin and Jungkook on that unicorn floatie.. They are tooth rotting sweet."

 

Jin stared at Namjoon. "They are absolutely adorable." Then he turned and yelled at the sea: "Chim! It's getting late, go home!" Jimin waved and they started paddling home. Jin and Namjoon wandered over to a more deserted part of the beach. "shouldn’t we get going?"

 

"Since you call me eomma, im gonna exploit it."

 

Namjoon laughed. "Nice. Hyung look!" he pointed at the rocks surrounding them. "Let's make a pile with these and make a wish!"

 

"Sure Joonie" Jin picked out 7 flat rocks and started stacking.

 

"Hyuuung it's not working" Namjoon whined, trying to balance his toppling pile.

 

Jin sighed, trying not to burst out laughing at the petulant look on Namjoon's face. "Namjoon, you're doing it wrong! Use the flat rocks!" Helping, they finally made 2 stacks.

 

"I made a pile with seven~!"

 

"Same. Make a wish and throw?" Namjoon asked.

 

"No, throw the top one and leave the rest as a monument to us." There was an awkward pause after Jin said 'us', then Jin bent down to pick up the top rock when he was sprayed with a pink mist. He looked up and saw Namjoon gaping. "Hyung I was going to make them pink!" Jin sighed and stepped back, and allowed Namjoon to pinken the rocks with his stolen-from-yoongi spray paint. Jin palmed the top rock and

 

"Three, two, o-" The rocks splashed into the water.

 

"Hyung what did you wish for?"

 

"A thing that I can't tell you, or it won't come true."

 

"I wished for more than one, is that okay?" Namjoon asked him innocently, staring at him with puppy eyes. Jin gulped.

 

"Then only one will come true."

 

"Oh, well then. Race you home!"

 

They arrived the latest. True to his word, Jin did misuse his 'mom status' dreadfully. They were off the hook though.

 

************

 

All too soon, it was time to leave and return to Korea.

 

*******************

 

Jin sighed as he did the calculations while the others worked and washed up. They barely had enough money to scrape by, and Jungkook needed new pants, and Hoseok needed a new dress shirt, and they hadnt had any deals for their music. How were they gonna work this out?

 

Namjoon riffled through the mail, sorting it out. "Alright, Yoongi, you have a letter from… Oh. The landlord is saying you have to be less loud? And Jungkook, your grades are here. Straight A's! Nice, except for the 4 mark fail in english. Huh? I have a letter?"

 

He pulled out the official-looking envelope from the admittedly small pile. It was addressed to Kim Nam Joon. Everyone dropped what they were doing to huddle around Namjoon. "Open it!" Tae yelled excitedly. Namjoon stared at everyone who was nodding, and he carefully slit open the envelope and pulled out a letter.

 

"Oh, from Anttere American Productions. Must be another rejection letter. Dear Mr Kim, apologies but you were not what we're looking for, blah blah blah." Namjoon tossed it aside. Everyone grumbled and went back to their own work, this happened a lot, they got letters telling them they were rejected. Tae scrambled over and picked up the letter. "Hyung… you didn’t even submit work to AAP!" He quickly scanned the letter and let out a squeal. "HYUNG! Dear Mr Kim, we have picked up your work from JYP and we think that your unique mix of Korean and English IS EXACTLY WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR OHMYGODHYUNG YOU GOT HIRED!"

 

Namjoon dropped the dish.

 

********************

 

"Jin Hyung."

 

"Yah joonie?"

 

"I don’t think I should go…"

 

Jin spat out his toothpaste. "What the heck do you mean you don’t think you should go? This is a one in a lifetime opportunity! The one you've been waiting for, the one of your dreams! And with the world famous AAP! What do you mean you shouldn’t go?"

 

Namjoon looked at him and sighed. "Hyung, lately money's been tight and you need my part time job's money to get through! I've seen you worry over the account books! And-"

 

Jin held up a hand to stop him. "Namjoon. This is it! Your dream! You're going to live it! You don’t have to worry, we'll manage! Honestly! You should take the chance and go. We'll do fine, we can get other jobs but you. You might not get other opportunities!" He cupped Namjoon's face with his hand. "Besides. It's not like we have anything to lose, but we have a hella lot to gain."

 

Namjoon smiled. "Thanks hyung. I think I will take the job."

 

"Just remember to come home and visit often."

 

***************

 

Namjoon left the next morning.

 

They never saw him again