#09 Changsub x Chorong

1377 (BTOBTSVT OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Lee Changsub x Park Chorong

P.O.V:  First person views.

Prompt: We both play this stupid game online and you keep beating me every single time so I called you out but you’re pretty cute but can you not?

Chorong’s POV

“You’re typing too loud.”

“Well, maybe it’s because she’s not exactly typing.”

I scoff at the little voices coming from the living room as my lovely friends who have been residing under the same roof as me for a good six months chatting or talking about me. Keeping myself away from the endless gossiping back at the stated room, I chose to ignore them, knowing there will be no end to their so-called discussion on her favourite pastime activity. By the time I stop, it will probably be late evening.

“Sh-” I uttered a curse under my breath in the midst of another round of a perfect gaming session. Yes, you read me right. Playing online video games are something I do all the time and by all the time, I don’t really mean it fully. Free times come and go so when it does come, say goodbye to actual reality and hello to virtual reality.

Contrary to popular believe however, I don’t have a messy space neither do I have a quiet life beyond the comfort of my bedroom. Those two friends I have are enough to fulfil my social needs and talk to. Aside from them, well, let’s just say cannot stand this side of me. Especially the guys because apparently getting defeated by a girl in games are not cool. That is what one out of two male friends I have once told me.

“Hey, Park Chorong, we’re leaving for awhile alright? Do you want anything?” I shake my head without turning my focus off the game. Not when it is a first person shooter game. To be frank, any game requires full attention anyway so my friends never take my action as something negative. “We’re also having dinner outside today. Remember that, Chorong. You better be ready by seven.”

“I’ll be ready at six thirty.”

“As you say. Let’s go.” The two immediately leave the vicinity minutes after last touch ups and it is silent as expected.

Switching to other games I stumbled upon from the past, I take a short break, drinking a cool glass of plain water before doing this strange finger-warm-up thing (really, all I do are wriggling them for you to understand what I just said). Comparing to the previous shooting games, I find it will be refreshing to boot up a racing game. And one will easily notice the reason behind why I was not playing them seeing that it is my favourite game genre of all time.

You see, it is harmless to start off with. Link up with a bunch of unknown strangers online on a single server and you get a good couple of rounds before joining a different set once the first tournament ended. Mind you, I won them multiple of times and that is until a burst of anger surge through when for the first time in forever? Forever sounds like a stretch but just let it go for me, can you?

For the first time I lost to someone in this online racing game.

Based on the username and fine choice of metallic blue on the car’s body, I like to assume this particular racer is a male. Stereotyping is bad kids yet here I am showcasing exactly that. But it does not end there, my dear. I see this username quite a few times before and the most recent one is on the top rank of a music-tapping-thing game. Okay, I will just say it. I play SuperStar BTS too but that is not the point here.

On the other side Jimin’s picture are his signature initial and the country’s flag so my guess that he is a local with insanely high score which always surpassed mine whenever I left the game for like what two hours? What is this guy do for a living? Cut to the chase, I simply push away the fact I have to face this unnamed fellow again for the next set of rough rounds.

He is fast and I am furious and in need for speed to chase his well built car down. The blasting engine from other players doesn’t help to ease my nerve on my seemingly destined competitor. If it is not the fact that I had been online for the past few hours without real rest, I may be able to cut every single time the flash of blue passed by within seconds like he always does and it is indeed pissing me off at this point.

“She lost another game, didn’t she?” We are finally at the chosen restaurant for the night. To state I am in a bad mood is an understatement. I feel horrible because I have to face another defeat. Not one, not two, but three consecutive defeats. Talking about it over dinner sounds tempting as the smell of rice cakes entering my border of consciousness yet I refrain.

“You look like a damsel in distress.”

“Maybe I am, in another universe where I can fly in a butterfly form and posses some sort of earthly powers. Who knows? The world can be very weird.” I replied half-heartedly, scooping rice into my mouth once I was done talking. “Anyway, what did you get for the rare card gift for SSBTS? I got another Suga rare card. That is the fourth time and I feel like the game is testing my loyalty towards Jungkook at this point.”

“Can we not talk about it? My fingers hurt from trying my high score. There is this guy who always out there dragging me in games I play.”

“All of that are probably coinc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter