#14 Sungjae x Changsub

1377 (BTOBTSVT OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Yook Sungjae x Lee Changsub

P.O.V: Third person view.

Prompt: We are in bands that rival each other but we’re secretly dating.

Tired. Bored. Hungry. Those were just three out of many words he could conjure at that moment and honestly, he could not be bothered to figure out the rest because it required the remaining energy he had while waiting for the other to be home. Feeling a little numb on his arms, sudden rush of regret managed to pass by his consciousness yet he had no choice seeing that there is a saying: Practice makes perfect. He abided it.

Turning his head over to glance at the digital clock, Lee Changsub let out a long sigh once he noticed the four zeros showed. It was blinking as it ticked exactly midnight. The clock was not the only sign regarding the boredom he was facing. Pushing his body to face the other side of the bed, he witnessed something he should have expected – empty.

“Where is he?” He questioned to himself when he realised the other fellow seemed to not be home one minute after twelve. Tiny details aside, Changsub decided it was the best to let it slide and headed out to the kitchen where their late supper was supposedly being at. As soon as he placed the leftover dinner into the microwave, his ears caught the door creek opened. He did not have to look away from his spot to know.

“You’re home late. They held you back or something?” The older man among them voiced questioningly before craned his head a little and instantly felt a pair of arms wrapped around his waist. “Yeah, they did. My fingers are going to pop out of their sockets if they did any longer.” The younger mumbled and released the hold to stand by Changsub’s side.

“Were they being harsh to you again? Because I don’t like being unnecessarily worried, Jae.” Changsub spoke. His eyes were still on the microwave, looking at the spinning meals he reheated for two. Jae, or really known as Yook Sungjae tiredly smiled as he made a reply, “They’re not being harsh so it’s nothing to be worried about. They’re always pushing the band to its limit. You know that. You’re lucky your band even let you off early at this kind of time.”

Being in bands was a thing the couple shared in common. Yes, a couple. You are not reading it wrongly. They crossed path way back. It had been a year and two months since they bumped onto each other, literally. The location was no other than a music festival where their bands were conveniently placed back-to-back to perform. Interesting fact, it was a competition and relatively heated one mainly due to Sungjae’s band being new in the neighbourhood.

To keep a secret as major as dating a band member of the rivalry group was proven to be everything but easy. Every two months in those span of being together, there were times where they fought. Well, the bands fought anyway. Both Sungjae and Changsub had no idea what even happened as they preferred to stay out of the drama. Joining in would make their relationship awkward since they would end up seeing each other’s faces at their shared apartment.

“Jinyoung was not having it today. He was just as tired as the rest so he let us home early. What makes you think he let everyone off that easily? Even Chorong found it questionable.” Changsub explained the reasoning behind his unexpected schedule before shooing Sungjae out so they could eat on the kitchen’s island counter and continued,  “Besides, it was the finest choice. I was off beat most of the time already. I would’ve smacked his face with my drumsticks if he was not planning to stop.”

Sungjae managed to laugh at the statement, shaking his head when he could and dived into the cheap meal Changsub had kindly reheated. “I wish there is a way to not make them fight anymore. I don’t like the fact we have to act as if we despised each other whenever we meet when we’re in our bands. Should we tell them?”

“Oh hell no.” Changsub quickly denied.

That was definitely the worst idea. Even though Sungjae had brought it more than a couple of times, Changsub still rooted on his stand. Yes, it was a topic of theirs since their so-called competition and rivalry happening. Changsub had been with his band since he was in high school days. Contrasting to Sungjae’s who only formed last two years.

“Can we not talk about this? Let’s just eat and head to bed.”

And they did proceed on with the older male’s impromptu plan before they rose simultaneously the next morning, tangled in each other’s hold. It was not like they had a choice. Monday morning had always been a dreaded day to leave but the blaring alarm Changsub had set before hoping into the dreamland was a sign to actually rise off their bed no matter how comfortable it was.

“Jae, we need to leave for work.” The alarm setter heard the man behind him groaning at the sentence. Instead of taking the arm settled on the other’s waist, the younger fellow pulled the older one closer to his torso, securing his hold more. “One more minute.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter