The New Boys in Town

The Heart Of Amaranthine

The last four nights has been quite stressful and tiring for me, who wouldn’t be if you always have the same weird dreams over and over again. And the fact that I would always wake up at the middle of the night because of those dreams, which in result i couldn’t sleep at all after that. With the addition that i also have to go to school too doesn’t help me either, i couldn’t concentrate on anything. Another thing that’s on my mind other than those annoying dreams is the tattoo that appeared on my arm last Monday. The weird thing is that, the tattoo completely dissapeared when i woke up on the next morning. There’s no trace that the tattoo was even there to begin with. Maybe it’s just my delusion but i feel like it isn’t. To sum it all up, i have a pretty bad week.

i slowly walk out of my last class for the day after the rest of the students has taken their leave. Now who wouldn’t be excited since weekend has arrive, more specially because tomorrow we’re having a huge celebration. As i was walking to my locker, the school speakers went on to remind the students who volunteer to decorate the square for the celebration tomorrow to gather first before going there.

I let out a huge sigh as i hear the announcement. I don’t know if i should be happy or not, since i’m really not in the mood to help but what can i do.

“Hey... Bae!!” i looked to my left and see Noraa who has greeted me with a huge smile on her face. I replied her with a small smile before continuing to focus on my locker.

“Seriously... No ‘Hi Noraa!!’ at all? An ordinary ‘Hey!!’ would be nice too you know.” I slowly looked back at her who’s currently giving me the annoyed ‘really?’ look. I rolled my eyes at her before finally greeting her back. “Hi Noraa..!!” i faked a smile at her.

“Oh ... come on!! Seriously! What is wrong with you? You’ve been all gloomy and grumpy ever since Monday. Where’s my happy-go-lucky best friend has gone to?” She whined at me.

“i’m still right here Noraa...” i closed the door to my locker before looking at her again. “I haven’t gone anywhere. It’s just that.. i’m just having lack of sleep and there has been a lot of things going on my mind right now.”

“Well then, why don’t you liven yourself up by accompanying me to the mall to get some new clothes for tomorrow celebration?” she hugged one of my arm whille having this suggestive expression on her face.

“Uhhmmm... that sounds like a pretty good idea. BUT... i can’t” i pryed her hands off of me.

“WHAT?! Why??” she complained.

“Noraa... you remember that i volunteer to help the student council to help with decorating the square right?” i remind her the reason why i can’t come with her.

“Oh.... right. But come on now, you’ve been in a bad mood... so why don’t you ditch that and just come with me” she said, trying to influence me to come with her.

“You know i can’t” i gave her an apologetic smile.

“You can’t what?” i heard a deep voice from right behind me. I turned around and see that it’s belong to a tall guy who’s wearing a nice and neat piece of clothes from head to toe.

“Hey.. girls” he greeted us with his heavenly sweet smile. I smiled back at him before greeting him back.

“hey, what’s up Aaron.” Noraa greeted him with a heads up.

“So... what were you guys talking about?” Aaron asked as he put one of his arm around Noraa’s shoulder.

“Well... i was just about to invite Aleena to come with me to the mall but she can’t since she’s so ‘busy’.” She answered him while giving me a judging face.

“Oh.. why not?” he asked, interested.

“It’s because i have to help the student council decorating the square” i simply replied.

“Oh... so you’re volunteering too?” he suprisingly questioned as a smile appear on his face.

“Yeah... I am.” I nodded.

“Well... i think that’s great. I say that’s a pretty good reason to me.” He said.

“Oh... Seriously you two.” Noraa rolled her eyes at the both of us, clearly annoyed. “What’s up with you guys and helping? Like what’s so fun about it, i don’t understand.” She continued as she removes Aaron arms from her shoulder.

“Well... it’s just fun. There always gonna be something good in return after you help someone.” he shrugged at her. I nodded while agreeing with his statement. “Alright... whatever makes you guys happy.”

“How about you give it a try, who knows maybe you’ll like it”

“You know that’s not my thing.” She quickly denied me. “Oh.. wait, i just remember. Aaron, you were supposed to go to the mall with me today.” She looked at him hoping that he remembers. But judging by his face, he didn’t remember it.

“What? Really? When did i say that?” he asked clearly confuse.

“Seriously?!! You promise me you would go last week. Please don’t tell me you forgot.” She said as she was both shock and mad that he didn’t remember.

“Hehehe... Uhm...” He awkwardly smiled at her. “i’m so sorry but i can’t go with you today. I’ve to arrange some stuff for tomorrow celebration.” He mumbled while slowly rubbing his neck.

“Ugh... i hate you so much!!” Noraa whined as she hits him.

“Alright! Alright! Okay... I’m sorry! I’m just too busy with preparing for tomorrow that i forgot okay. I promise you i’ll make it up to you next week.” Aaron said as he tries to block Noraa’s hitting. I chuckled at their current behaviour.

“You promise?!” Noraa’s threatened him.

“Yes, I promise. For now.. how about i’ll drop you off at the mall.... right after i finish my meetings.” He pleaded at her. She has now stop hitting him and has both of her arms cross against her chest as she judged him. “Fine...!!!” she murmured. “But you promise, Okay!! don’t you dare forget about it again.” She glared at him

“Yes!! I promise. Now.. if you excuse me but i have to go to some meetings.” He quickly said as he checks his watch. “I’ll meet you up at the gate in 20 minutes, okay?!”

“Alright fine... just get out of my sight now.” She said as she hush him away.

“Okay then.. see you later. Bye Aleen!!” he said as he waves goodbye and ran away.

I waved back at him before looking at the annoyed girl infront of me. I quietly smiled and shaked my head at both of her and Aaron’s action. “You know... i don’t understand how can the both of you be related to each other.”

“Yeah.. you’re not the only one who thinks that way.” She stated.

“Like.. both of you are the polar opposite of each other. For example, he likes to help people while you’re not, he is popular and you’re not, he is the head of the student council while you are.... this” i scanned her from head to toe while my hand did a gesture towards her, implying to her whole self.

“HEY!!! You are so mean...!!” i chuckled at her attempt to hit me because of what i said.

“I’m just kidding. You’re great just as you are. Thanks to the both of you i feel a lot better now.” I happily smiled at her.

“Haha... very funny. You’re just as annoying as my twin brother.” She rolled her eyes but still with a smile plaster on her face.

“Anyway... i have to go now. See you tomorrow?” i asked.

“Yeah.. see you tomorrow. I’ll text you on where to meet”

“Okay... well then, Bye. Have fun shopping.” I bid her goodbye before taking my leave.

“Yeah.. of course. You too... have fun decorating.” I rolled my eyes at her teasing.

 

The gathering that was announced before was just to divide the students into groups and inform them on what to do. After the meeting i quickly went to my motorcycle and ride it to the destinated square where the celebration will be held. As i arrived, the place was already full and pack with students and other citizen of the kingdom. I parked my motorcycle and go to the person who is in charge in my group to get the decoration that i needed to hung up. I then start to do my part to decorate the place.

I don’t know how many seconds, minutes, or hours has pass by but i’m already on my last decoration. There’s only a couple more decor stuff that needs to be hung, but these couple last one is quite hard since i have to hung it in a high place in which i cannot reach since i’m not tall enough. As i was struggling on hanging the decoration, i heard the sound of footsteps coming closer.

“Hi there... would you mind if i help?” i stopped what i was doing and turned around to see a boy who has a cute face that kind of look like a horse and he is smiling at me while waiting for my answer. His smile is so bright that it feels like a sun is shining infront of me. Okay.. maybe i’m exaggerating it a bit.

“Oh... Uhm...No, not at all. I would actually appreciate it, cause as you can see i’m currently having a little bit trouble on hanging these.” I accepted his offer as i sweetly smile back at him.

“Great then..” he said as he starts to help me hang the rest of the decoration. He is the one who’s hanging it while i just give him the decoration for him to hang.

“You’re name is Aleena right?” he suddenly questioned me.

“Huh... yeah. And you are....?” i answered, confused on how he knows me.

“Hoseok. Jung Hoseok, but my friends calls me J-Hope.” He introduced.

“Oh.. hello there.. and may i ask how do you know me?” i smiled at his nickname which i found it cute.

“We have the same class together, don’t you remember? You know ‘magical creatures’.” He reminded me.

“Ohhh... right!!! Sorry... i’m kind of bad at remembering people” i apologized. ‘Especially for the past few days where i haven’t gotten any good sleep which making it much worse’ i continued the sentences in my head.

“No... it’s okay. it’s not a big deal” he chuckled and happily smiles at me before continuing to help me. The smile that he puts makes me want to smile too.

Gradually, as times goes by, we both continue to chat about things as we decorate part of the square. Even though i only spent a couple of minutes with him, i could already feel like he is a very fun person to hang out with. He somehow gives me this comfortable and relaxing feeling, it’s like i don’t even have to worry about the world when i’m with him. More importantly his smile, especially his smile, always makes me wanted to smile and just laugh along with him. It gives me this bright and happy energy. He is like a sun who just bring happiness and joy to the people around him. I quietly chuckle at the thought of him.

“Hhmm... what’s so funny?” he suddenly asked as he heard me.

“Oh.. it’s nothing.” I smiled back at him. “Are you done?”

“Yeah... is there any more left?”

“Nope... that’s the last of it.” i said as i showed him the empty box that used to be filled with decoration.

“I wanna say thank you so much for helping me and kind of keeping me company” i gave him a sweet smile while putting the empty box near the rest of the boxes.

He smiled back at me. A kind of sincere smile that reaches up to his eyes. “No... it’s totally fine. I’m glad that i could help you. I actually found that you’re a very fun person to hang with.”

“Yeah. I feel the same way about you too.”

“J-HOPEEEE!!!!!” i suddenly heard his name being called  from a distance. I look behind him and saw a boy running towards us with a box that’s filled with decorations.

He turned around to see who i was looking at. He then smiles at the person that’s currently approaching us.

“Hey V!!!” he greeted him as the guy has arrives.

“Hobi... i need your help with hanging these. There’s too many!! I don’t understand why that person has to give me such a huge pile. Like come on... ugh, i hate him” The guy who Jhope calls as V whined.

Jhope laughed at the guy cute whining and suffering. “Alright.. I’ll help you. I’m also done here anyway.” He said as he shows him the decorations that we just finish hanging.

“Yay...!!! thanks Hobi... you’re so the best!!!” the guy happily cheered as he heard Jhope response. Jhope hugely laughed at the guy who i assume to be his friend. Seeing them, i couldn’t help but to laugh along also.

The guy then suddenly stop cheering as he somehow finally notice that they’re not alone. He takes a look behind hobi and finds me standing while smiling at him. “Oh... hello there.” He greeted me as i also greet him with a small wave.

“We haven’t met before, have we?” i shaked my head as i heard his question.

“Well then... nice to meet you. My name is V” he introduced himself as he walks past Jhope to stand infront of me.

“V ??” i tilted my head as i question his name.

“His real name is Kim Taehyung. V is a nickname among our group of friends.” Jhope said as he sling his arm around his friend shoulders.

“Ohh.. nice to meet you. My name is Aleena. Should i just call you Taehyung or just V?” i asked him.

“Either one is fine.” He replied with cute puppy smile. I nodded at him.

“Well then, since you two already know each other now. Aleena, do you still have some decorations to hang or are you done with your part already?” Jhope asked.

“I think i’m pretty much done. That box of decorations is the last one, so i’m pretty much free now.” I replied him while pointing at the empty box before.

“Great!!!...” he cheered. “Then, Would you mind helping us hanging these??” he cutely asked me with a hopeful look on his face. I looked at V who is beside him having the same expression. I looked at the both of them once more before nodding at them.

“Sure.. i’d love to. After all you already help me, so... why not.” I happily smiled at them. The both of them cheered as they heard my response while high fiving each other. I let out a small laugh seeing their reactions.

“Come on then... Let’s Go!!! I want this to be over with..” V excitedly said as he leads the way. Both me and Jhope smiles as we follow him.

“So... Aleena, mind if i ask, but what are you?” Taehyung asked as me and Jhope has catch up to him.

“I’m a human, what about you guys?” i questioned the both of them.

“Same. We’re both human.” Jhope answered, innocently.

“Oh.. i just remember, have you guys heard about the rumor?” he quietly said.

“What rumor?” Jhope asked as he got interested in what his friend about to say.

“Well.. what i have heard from the rumors that has been spreading around is that tomorrow the King is gonna show up at the celebration.” Taehyung silently said as he wants to be secretive about it.

“What?! Seriously?” I shockingly said as i heard him. From the corner of my eyes i also see Jhope being shock as well.

“Yeah... but i don’t know if it is true or not though. It still a rumor. The officials commitee for the celebration didn’t say anything yet.” Taehyung shrugged.

“Well... true. Maybe it’s gonna be a surprise, that’s why they don’t say anything regard it.” Jhope stated.

“Hhmm.. maybe you’re right, but we don’t know for sure. I guess we just have to wait until tomorrow to know if it’s all true or not.” Taehyung said. He then suddenly stops as we have arrive at the place where we suppose to hang the decorations.

“Okay then... Now, shall we get started” Taehyung giddyly smiled at the both of us.

 

***

When i thought that hanging those decorations would be fast, well... guess i was wrong. It took us somewhat a long time to finish hanging them, not because there was a lot but because of how Jhope and Taehyung can’t stop playing and teasing each other which resulting in us not being able to finish it fast enough. I’m not complaining though, since they did make me let out a huge laugh that i haven’t had in a while.

After cleaning up the space and removing the now empty boxes out of the way, i turned around to see those two being goofy to each other again. I let out a cute and soft giggle as i watch them. As they heard me, they immediately stop what they were doing and look at me with this unreadable expression. I smiled and lookedd at the both of them. “What? Why are you staring at me like that?” i raised my eyebrows.

They both look at each other before replying me. “Nothing....” Jhope shaked his head, denying on whatever he was doing. “Yup... nothing at all” Taehyung nodded, agreeing with what Jhope said. The both of them then smiles sweetly at me.

“Well... alright then.” I weirdly said. One of them was about to say something before he got interrupted by someone yelling their names.

“Hey... JHOPE! V!” the three of us turned around to where the voice was coming from. We then see 5 boys walking and waving towards us. I couldn’t see who they were as they’re still quite far for my eyes to recognize their face.

Both Jhope and V waved at them and slowly start to walk over to those five boys as they got closer. I silently follow right behind them since i didn’t know what else to do. When they have finally met, they hugged and greeted each other. I quietly look at them from a distance. I scanned the five boys that greeted them from the left one to the right.

My eyes widen as i started to recognize two people from the group of boys. One of them was the new transfer guy that was on my first Monday class, if i’m not mistaken his name is Jungkook. While the other one was the guy that i bumped into when i was going to the infirmary, the white haired guy.

As i look throughly at the 7 of them, i just realize that those boys were all the new transfer students that Noraa and other students has been talking about lately. You may ask why they were talking about them, well i don’t really know but from what i had heard from Noraa is that because they’re just as handsome as the EXO boys. I also heard that they called themselves BTS, whatever it stands for i have no idea.

I have been standing behind them for quite a while now since the moment they greeted each other. I just silently stood there and just hear their ongoing conversations.

“So... have the both of you finish decorating yet? Cause i really want to go home now.” I heard one of them say.

“Yeah... me too. I’m freaking tired, i just want to go back home and sleep.” One of them whined as the other nod, agreeing with him.

“Oh stop your whining..” Jhope playfully rolled his eyes. “And yes.. we’ve finish already. We actually able to finish it with the help of Aleena, if it isn’t because of her we would’ve been still hanging those decorations by now.” Jhope explained, pointing to the decorations and the pile of empty boxes.

The boys looked at each other confusingly before they ask the two who’s smiling brightly. “Who’s Aleena?” The boy with the black hair asked.

Sudden realization hits both Jhope and Taehyung, they widen their eyes as they finally remember. Jhope looks behind him to find me a couple of feets away just stood there quietly while looking at them innocently, like a lost kid. The rest of the boys followed where Jhope was looking at and finally noticing that there was someone with them. I let out a small smile and waved at them.

I then noticed that Jhope and Taehyung are calling and urging me to come near them. I silently shaked my head, not wanting to meet the rest of the boys. Since i’m a very persistance person, Taehyung even had to come and get me. I managed to put on a small quarrel with Taehyung before i finally gave up and just let him pulled me over to the rest of the boys that had been watching quietly.

I awkwardly smiled and waved at them once i arrive, standing right in front of them. I slowly looked at Jhope from the corner of my eye. I saw him just idioticly smiled at me before finally introducing me to his group of friends.

“Guys... meet Aleena. And Aleena, meet my friends.” Jhope said, introducing me to his friends.

Jhope started to introduce the boys starting from the far right. “That guy is Namjoon, but we mostly called him RM” He pointed at the guy who is quite tall and has a dark brown hair. RM silently nod and smiled at me before waving his hand. I nodded back at him before moving to the next person. “next to him is Yoongi, in which we usually called him Suga.” I stared at the boy who’s name is Suga, i suddenly began to recall the time where i bumped into him. He stared back at me before giving me a small smile. I awkwardly smiled back before averting my eyes to the next boy.

“The middle one name is Jin.” I looked closely and scanned the boy that’s called Jin from head to toe. I stared at him for a while, starstruck by his beautiful and ethereal appearance. He slowly walked to me, making me confuse on what is he doing. He then suddenly grabbed and kiss my hand like a gentleman before greeting me. I was shock at what he just did, but it makes me let out small smile.

“Okay.. Jin, that’s enough” Taehyung said playfully, making Jin glared at him before going back to where he stood. “Alright.. sorry about him, he sometimes act like that” Jhope apologized. I heard a silent protest from Jin as he said that. I shaked my head at Jhope, suggesting that it’s all fine and to let him continue.

Jhope nodded at me and point to the boy next to Jin. That person is the first boy that i have recognize from them. “His name is Jungkook.” Jungkook coolly waved while having a little smirk plaster on his face. My breath hitch as i stared at his eyes. ‘Why do i always have this weird feeling whenever i met him’ i quickly averted my eyes away from him.

I look at the person beside Jungkook. The boy’s built is quite small compare to Jungkook who was standing beside him. He looks like a cute and small mochi, i feel like i just want to squish him just by looking at his face who’s currently smiling at me. “And the last one right here is Jimin.” Jhope introduced, resting one of his elbow on Jimin’s shoulder. Jimin cutely smiled and shyly waved at me. I waved back at him before finally looking at all of the boys again.

“So.. You’re name is Aleena right?” RM asked, making sure. I nodded.

“you’re the one who help them finish decorating?” he asked again.

“Yeah.. since Jhope had helped me with my decoration, so i gladly repay him by helping them.” I answered RM question. “Eventhough, for me, we could have finish faster if they didn’t play around.” I pretend to be annoyed by them.

“Yeah... they are a piece of work aren’t they.” Jin sighed as he shakes his head. A couple of protests came out from both Jhope and Taehyung as he said that. I quietly giggled at them.

“Anyway... thanks Aleena for helping them.” Suga who has been quiet finally said something.

“No.. it’s fine really. I had fun helping them anyway.” I happily smiled and looked at the two of them.

“Then, would you mind if you join us? We were planning on getting some food after this.” Jin said, finally being able to shut the two boys who was protesting before.

“Oh no... it’s fine. You don’t have to.” I quickly declined his offer, shaking both of my hands at them.

“Why not? Come on. We would be happy if you join us. Right guys” Jin asked. The other boys nodded their head, agreeing with him. “Yeah... please join us. I like you. You’re fun to be with.” Taehyung pleaded, showing me his puppy eyes.

I looked at the clock that’s on my wrist before looking sadly at them. “I’m sorry but i can’t. I really have to go back home. There’s some stuff that i got to do.” I apologeticly explained.

“Aww... it’s okay. How bout next time?” Jhope asked, a little sadness shown on his face.

“Yeah... sure. I’d love to.” I nodded, smiling brightly at them. “Well, if you excuse me. i’ve got to go now.”

“Do you need a ride home?” Jungkook suddenly asked, surprising me.

“No need. I’ll go back with my motorcycle.” I plainly said. I heard gasp coming from the boys as they heard me. “Wait.. motorcycle? You rode a motorcycle.” Jhope asked, shock by my words.

“Yeah... i rode it everyday to school.” I innocently stared at them. Judging by their reaction, i guessed they haven’t seen a chick rode a motorcyle before.

“Oh... Wait!! You’re that chick who rode the red motorcycle with black streak aren’t you?” Jimin shockingly pointed at me.

“Yup. That’s me alright.” I answered, giving him a little smirk. The rest of the boys then let out an excited response as they heard me.

“Sweettt!!! Now that’s dope. Never seen a chick rode one before.” RM coolly said.

“yeah... there’s not a lot of girls who rode motorcycle here. I’m the only one who rode it at school.” I coolly shrugged.

“Okay.. it’s official. We accept you in our group” Jin playfully said, raising both of his hands up high. I chuckled at him before looking at the rest of the boys one by one. They seem to be a fun people to be with.

“Anyway.. i really need to go now, so... see you guys next time.” I bid them goodbye and waved at them, finally being able to leave. They excitedly wave back at me, Jhope and Taehyung being the most excited one of them all, and with Jin giving me a hand kiss right before i left. I laughed a little when i see their cute behaviour. ‘I like them, those boys are fun and playfull. But Jungkook and Suga has been quiet. Maybe they’re just tired.’ I shrugged at the thought of it.

I continued my walk to the motorcycle and finally leave the place that’s now almost empty. I rode back home, enjoying the breeze of the night. I arrived home and help my cousin with some stuff before going to my room, finally getting myself some sleep.

                                                                                                     _______________________________

 

Sorry for the late update. i will probably update the next chapter within this week. 

I will try to update weekly, but i can't promise since the new semester will start next monday. :)

And again, sorry if there is any typo or grammar mistake. I'll probably somehow edit some of the chapters along the way, that is if i have time :D

PS. This is my first ever fanfic, LOL, so forgive me for my bad writing and thank you for those who has subscribe and comment. Love You <3