Recovery

Wisdom Teeth - Infinite

The first nurse gave you some medicine and went over all of the medications, doses and times that you had to take them. As well as, instructions for keeping the sites clean and all of the after procedure work that is required to happen in order for a full and healthy recovery.

Helping you to your feet, they walked you into the waiting room as your driver, your favorite driver, Mr. Kang. Standing up from his seat, he walked over to you and offered you his arm, sliding your arm into his, you used him for balance as the nurse gave him the rundown on all of the medications and instructions. Making sure that he kept an eye on you, he helped you out to the car as he helped you into the passenger seat. Buckling you in, he moved around the car and slid behind the wheel.

Starting the car, he began to drive you back home as your head leaned back against the headrest, your head rolling over to the right as you looked out the window at the passing scenery. The ride came to an end when Mr. Kang pulled in front of Infinite’s dorm. Parking in an empty space, he gathered all of the medicines and instructions that they gave him before rounding the car and opening your door for you.

Helping you out of the car, you wrapped your arm around him once more as he closed your door and locked the car before making your way inside. Taking it at your speed, the two of you entered into the doors and took the elevator up to the desired floor. Holding onto his arm tighter as the elevator carried you upwards, your head rested on his shoulder as he patted your arms and reassured you that you would be there soon.

Watching the doors open and a chime sounded that you had arrived, you exited the elevator with Mr. Kang. Leading you to Infinite’s front door, he entered in the code as a chime sounded and he opened the door for you. Walking in with you, he closed it behind the two or you, locking it for safety.

“Where would you like to sit down and relax at?” Mr. Kang questioned as you didn’t know, you just wanted to lay down and sleep.

“How about we set you on the couch so that you can watch movies?” Mr. Kang allowed his fatherly side to show as he lead you over to the couch.

Sitting you down slowly, you sunk into the soft cushions as your head knocked back against the back pillow of the couch.

“I’ll be right back” He whispered as you nodded your head slightly allowing your eyes to close.

A while later Mr. Kang came back with pillows and blankets that he gathered from the members’ rooms. Placing the remote in front of you on the coffee table, he helped you get comfortable as he placed a blanket over you. Sitting next to you, you helped him choose a movie as the two of you began to watch it together.

Laying your head on his shoulder, he placed a towel underneath your head as you began to drool on his shoulder. Sleep began to overtake you as you cuddled into his happily while he continued to watch the movie.

A few hours later, the members of Infinite filed through the door, grocery bags in hand along with their duffles. Mr. Kang looked over his shoulders as they came inside, slipping off their shoes as they passed behind the couch to get to their bedrooms.

“How is she doing?” Sunggyu leaned over the couch and asked in hushed tones while the guys continued to move into their bedrooms

“She is doing well, it is good that she is sleeping. Her procedure went well, just a little longer than planned.” Mr. Kang smiled, “I can fill you in on what all needs to be done with her recovery.”

Sunggyu nodded as he placed a thankful hand on Mr. Kang’s shoulder before moving towards his bedroom as well. Myungsoo, Sungjong and Sungyeol came out into the living room as Mr. Kang’s phone began to ring. Adjusting your head from his shoulder onto the back cushion on the couch, he carefully moved away from under you as he answered the phone out on the balcony to keep his conversation private.

Myungsoo took the empty spot next to you as Sungjong and Sungyeol took the other seats in the living room. Playing on his phone, he placed earbuds over his ears for the first couple minutes, nothing seemed out of the ordinary until he felt a new weight placed on his shoulder. Turning his head slightly, he saw you cuddling up next to his arm while you tried to find a comfortable place to relax into.

Allowing you to relax, he slid a little bit downward into the cushions as you found a comfortable reclined position against him. A few minutes later, he felt something wet on his shirt as Sungjong was giggling, trying to not make too much noise.to wake you up.

“Ewwww” Myungsoo tried to move from you but Sunggyu shot him a look from laying on the floor. Relaxing back into the seat, Dongwoo scampered over to Myungsoo as he placed a baby spit up rag just under your chin, covering up the dribble spot on Myungsoo’s grey shirt.

“Where did you get that?” Hoya questioned as his words lined with laughter

“When my sister had her baby she would spit up all of the time and so I thought that a few of the baby things could help her.” Dongwoo says as he moved into the kitchen while his hands reached into some of the plastic bags on the counter.

“A few things?” Sungyeol questioned

“Like what?” Hoya turned to look at Dongwoo in the kitchen.

Pulling out little glass jars from the plastic bag, Dongwoo’s bright smile lit up his face as the members looked over.

“Since she can’t eat hard food for a while, I got all of the best flavors for her” Dongwoo continued to pull out the tiny jars of baby food, “Applesauce, pears, peaches, peas, carrots and squash too!”

Dongwoo pulled out a few long cylindrical tubes, “These are rice treats that dissolve in your mouth so she doesn’t have to chew them.”

“D-Do… do they taste any good?” Sunggyu questioned as he began to worry about your health and being able to eat.

“They aren’t half bad, my favorite is the banana and apple treats” Dongwoo opened up the cylindrical tube and trotted over to the guys, dropping a couple of treats into each of their palms, he watched as each one of them investigated the rice thing in their palms. Some sniffing, others inspecting and them before putting them into their mouths.

“They aren’t too bad” Sungyeol held out his hand for more as Dongwoo popped a few into his mouth.

“And they are low in calories too” Dongwoo added as Woohyun tried the treats.

“We should get these more often” Woohyun remarked shyly.

“Who knew baby food could taste… good” Hoya mumbled to himself

“Yah! Save some for _______-ah! She is the one that will really need them.” Sunggyu glared at everyone else as his eyes narrowed to each of the members and then down to the treat as he slowly moved it between his lips, his teeth shredding the treat between his teeth.

A few hours passed before you awoke slightly hazed by your medications, a dull pain ached in your head as you slowly sat up from Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“_______-ah you’re awake” Woohyun smiled brightly as he looked into your eyes seeing them coated with pain.

“Do you need some medicine?” Sunggyu questioned sweetly as you nodded softly. Heading into the kitchen, he read the notes that Mr. Kang left as he got a glass of water for you, a straw and the medicine. Bringing it back over to you, you thankfully took it as some of the members had left into their rooms for the night.

You looked up at Sunggyu as you had a puzzled look on your face, “Mr. Kang got assigned to another group for the night. But don’t worry we got you. We always have and we always will.”

Throughout the night, they guys took turns administering your medicine, checking up on you and helping you prop upright while you sleep while keeping you company.

When it was Sunggyu’s turn, you rested your head on his chest while his arms wrapped around you. A blanket was laid over you as it covered him as well, he lightly played with your hair as you fell asleep on him with the drool rag underneath your head. He softly sang all of your favorite songs to help you sleep as he drifted off to sleep with your head on his chest.

Sungjong relieved Sunggyu as they adjusted you so that you laid on Sungjong’s lap, he played with your hair and combed it out and braided it for you, so that it stayed out of your face. He wanted to help you feel pretty so he helped paint your nails while you slept off the pain medicine.

Sungyeol brought your more medications as you gulped them down reluctantly. Sitting upright, Sungyeol switched Sungjong places as you wrote a note thanking Sungjong for your beautiful nails and cute hairdo. Choosing your favorite movie, Sungyeol slid into the seat next to you as you rested your head against his shoulder while the movie played in the darkened room. The two of you had a handwritten conversation as he made sure that you were doing well and in not too much pain.

A couple hours later, Woohyun came in top switch out Sungyeol. Walking over to the fridge, he pulled out some cold baby food in case you would like to get some food in your stomach. Sitting next to you, Sungyeol retired to bed as Woohyun dipped a small spoon in the puree food and slowly began to feed you. The flavors of the mashed pears hit your tongue as you closed your eyes in bliss from a different taste in your mouth. After a little bit of food was devoured, you felt some sore pain in your mouth and shook your head signaling that you have had enough. Woohyun placed the uneaten food on the coffee table as the pain medicine began to kick in once again. Making sure that you were comfy, he wrapped his arms around you as you laid on his chest, his fingers slowly ran through your hair as he held you close to him. The sound of his heartbeat lulling you back to sleep as he pressed a soft kiss on your forehead.

Hoya relieved Woohyun as they carefully transferred you from his chest to Hoya’s. Hoya softly rubbed your muscles giving you a massage to relax you, whispering soft words to you. His head gently rested against you as you curled up against his side, his heart beat to a different rhythm as your arms wrapped around him. His arm cradling your head as he drifted between sleep and consciousness.

Myungsoo watched you wake up as Hoya kissed your temple and switched with Myungsoo. Sitting down next to you, you rubbed your eyes lightly as Myungsoo placed a paper down on your lap, pulling out his phone, he placed an ear bud in your ear before he played some soft music as he began to draw. You joined him marking up the white paper in an attempt to express yourself. Sliding your finished works of art onto the coffee table in front of you, the table was covered in no time as the two of you enjoyed the company together.

Dongwoo sat next to you a while later and looked through all of the works of art that was placed before him. Getting up, he grabbed you some applesauce hearing your stomach grumble as he got your medicine ready as well. Coming back over to you, you carefully gulped down the pills, your body contorting with every swallow to try and avoid the pain. Myungsoo placed his hand in yours as you squeezed it taking the next handful of pills, one by one.

Once the pills were down, Dongwoo fed you slowly as Myungsoo kissed your head and retired to his room to try and catch a couple more hours of sleep. Once you finished a cup of applesauce you leaned back as Dongwoo placed some marshmallows in the pouches of his cheeks. He turned around as you couldn’t help but smile, pain filled your smile as you lifted your hands up and tried to soothe the pain.

“You know, you are still beautiful” Dongwoo whispered as he chewed the marshmallows and swallowed them once they dissolved a little in his mouth. Opening his arms to you, you curled up and leaned against his chest, his arms encasing you tightly as some tears spilled from your eyes.

Rocking you back and forth slowly, he rested his head lightly against yours as his fingertips slowly brushed across your warm exposed skin.

“You are incredibly strong to go through this and you will only be stronger because of this.” Dongwoo could feel your pain in his heart as he wished that he could take away this pain for you. “You know, we all love you, you are our best friend and we would do anything for you.”

Leaning back, Dongwoo held you as you curled up in his arms. Covering you up in a blanket, he held you close making sure to pour his whole heart and all of his love culminated from all seven of the members. Watching over you, the two of you became covered in the morning light that warmed the entire apartment.

Your presence is the best gift you can give a friend who is in pain. Don’t fix. Just be there.

- Unknown