Wisdom Teeth

Wisdom Teeth - Infinite

A sterile environment encased you as you sat on the edge of the waiting room seat. Your eyes wandered to the various calming works of art that hung on the walls in the empty waiting room. Soft music filled the space while the secretaries behind the tall counter were endlessly typing away. Dropping your eyes from the works of art to your hands holding your phone on your lap as you tried to keep calm.

Vibrations originated from your phone as you unlocked your phone and opened up the conversation feed to where the notifications were coming from. With the conversation between you and the seven members of Infinite, you began to read the feed that was marked unread.

Pain lasts only a moment, but the smile lasts forever - Myungsoo

If you look like this, we will still love you *sends you a picture of a swollen patient who just had their wisdom teeth out* - Sungyeol

That didn’t help :( - Sungjong

You didn’t help! - Sungyeol

Don’t worry we will take good care of you afterwards :) - Woohyun

A driver will be there to pick you up and drive you back to our place - Sunggyu

Even if you look like a chipmunk you will be the cutest chipmunk I have ever seen! - Hoya

Hoya doesn’t like chipmunks though. Especially Alvin and his chipmunks because they don’t wear purple and they don’t dance and sing as well as they should for forest creatures - Dongwoo

Watching the texts roll in from the guys, you couldn’t help but smile as you quickly became entertained by their conversation. Watching it morph from one subject to the next, allowing your mind to wander with them while your mind became happily distracted as the wait flew by quicker than you would have thought.

Sunggyu, we should buy Marshmallows! - Dongwoo

Why? - Sunggyu

So that _______ - ah won’t feel left out when she gets all swollen afterwards - Dongwoo

I’m not doing that… - Myungsoo

It could help her feel included - Sungjong

Take one for the team and for _______ Myungie - Hoya

“_________” the nurse called your name for the second time after opening the door, lifting your eyes from your phone you stood up and nodded your head.

Wish me luck….

You typed to the guys as you passed through the door, following the nurse back into the designated chair, you tried hard not to look at all of the tools lined along the silver platter decorated with a teal colored placemat.

“We will just be a few minutes” The nurse tried to keep you calm as your heart sunk while sitting in the chair.

I would hold your hand throughout the procedure if I could… - Woohyun

She doesn’t need anymore sweetness, that is probably what got her in trouble in the first place - Sungyeol

I’m sweet and I haven’t had any problems - Sungjong

Well you are just special - Myungsoo

We love you ______-ah! - Dongwoo

Fighting! - Hoya

Hwaiting! - Sunggyu

*throws you hearts* - Woohyun

*Woohyun throws you Namgrease hearts* - Sungyeol corrected

Catching up on the messages after yours, you put your phone on silent as you slid your phone onto the counter beside you. Placing your personal belongings on the counter as well, the doctor came in as he sat to the right of your head. Outfitted in mint green scrubs, his hair was short yet the salt and pepper hair showed his age and experience. Looking up into his brown eyes, he reached up and grabbed the light as he positioned it to shine into your mouth.

“You aren’t gonna feel a thing” He reassured you as a nurse sat on your left to help with the procedure, “You might feel some pressure but no pain.”

The nurse laid a large teal like paper across your chest as she pulled the paper as far up your neck as she could before she clasped it around your neck with a small chain clip on either end. The doctor moved from under your laid chair as he washed his hands and slid on some blue surgical gloves. Sliding into his chair, his foot tapped the pedal on the floor as the chair dipped back as you jumped a little at the surprise, he slid his face mask over his mouth and tucked the strings behind his ears. You look up at him whose eyes were now framed with glasses and small magnifiers attached to the lenses. Mumbling between the two of them as glances were exchanged. They placed a gel solution on the end of a Q-Tip and pressed it around the extraction site.

Taking in deep breaths, you tried your hardest to remain calm as your eyes closed. Letting that gel solution transfer medicine to seep into your gums, they readied the needle with the novacane ready for the injection. Your hands crossed over your stomach as you focused on your breathing, your eyes closed as they continued to throw terms at one another, preparing for the surgery. The doctor looked over the X Rays once more before he grabbed the needle and inserted it into the gums around the procedure sites. Having four removed was no easy task, but you put your faith in the doctors as you felt a pinch in your gums. Grabbing your own hands and squeezing along with some of the fabric from your shirt, you held your breath a moment as you felt the liquid spread around your tooth. Resuming your deep breaths, soft mumbles were exchanged between the two of them as you sat helplessly under their hands. Removing the needle from your mouth, you sighed as all feeling slowly drained from your mouth.

The nurse suctioned out excess liquid from your mouth as they waited a few minutes before the doctor adjusted the light over your head once more. Setting tools between his fingers, the nurse did the same as you felt two pairs of hands on either side of your lips. Knowing that they were starting, you gripped your shirt tighter as you tried allow your mind to wander.

Soft whimpers and whines filled the small room as the pressure began to build as they worked. The easy ones were first and they left the tough ones for last. Separating the gums from around the embedded tooth, they used a tool to pop out the tooth and suction out the blood before suturing the gums shut.

Hours ticked by as some tears spilled from your eyes feeling all of the added pressure and hearing their words fly over your head. Encouraging words came from the nurse as she patted your shoulder and told you what a wonderful job you were doing. Feeling the strands of the sutures graze the edge of your lips, you opened your eyes to see the doctor hanging over you, his gloves bloodied and worn as he closed the last extraction location.

“We will sit you up for a few minutes and give you some medicine and then you can head home” The doctor informed you as the nurse called out to another nurse, asking if you had a driver waiting for you the other nurse said that she would go and check.

Finishing up, the doctor told you good job as he grabbed his gloves and peeled them away from his skin. He slowly sat you up and turned off the light overhead. Leaving the room, you were now in the nurse’s care. She carefully undid the cloth that was secured around your neck as blood began to rush to your head.

Your lips felt incredibly swollen as drool began to dribble off of your lips. The nurse began to clean up around you as you continued to rest in the chair while they checked on your ride.

“Her ride is here, he is in the waiting room” The second nurse informed the first as you turned your head slowly, wondering what driver you had today.