Of Pink and Jellies

We Could Happen

Jisoo stealthily kicked the chair infront of her, earning a groan from Lisa who is currently taking that seat.

"Lalisa, what's the answer for question #7?", she whispered very softly, careful not to be heard by their professor whose eyes are roaming around the room.

"I don't know. I can't even understand the question", the blonde girl answered back in a whisper.

It was their final examination that week and Jisoo is getting frustrated because she's not really fond of the english subject. She could've asked Jennie for some help but their jackass of a professor messed with their seating arrangement, making her bestfriend sit three rows away from her. So she's left to deal with Lisa who has been everything but help.

"How many items have you answered, then?" she asked the younger girl again.

Lisa tipped her head a little to give Jisoo an 'are you serious' look, "I've only wrote my name and the date today."

Such a big help.

"Ms. Manoban, didn't I instruct the class to avoid unnecessary head movements? What are you up to?"

Lisa cursed in her mind as she watches their professor steps towards her whilst Jisoo was calling all the saints she knows to beg for help.

"Um...I- I was looking for my...pen! Right, my pen-" the blonde girl nervously reasoned out, pretending to be searching on the floor.

"Your pen? You mean, the one you are holding right now?" the professor makes a face as he points to the pen in Lisa's grasp.

The girl gulps, "O-Oh, it's here? I thought I dropped it. Heh-"

Fortunately for her, their dense of a  professor just merely shrugged and mumbled 'kids these days are forgetful' before leaving her to deal with her exam.

Jennie watches the scene from three rows away and shakes her head in disbelief. This is what Lisa and Jisoo get for playing video games instead of studying for english. You shouldn't really put those dorks in the same space together.

She shakes her head again before averting her focus back on her exam papers, answering the questions with ease.

After what feels like forever, at least for Jisoo and Lisa, their examination ended. Mr. Han instructed them to stay at their seats for a while because he has to announce something.

"Okay, class. Since this is the end of preliminary examination week and autumn is just around the corner, it's time for our university's annual autumn festival. Now who's excited?" The english professor announced enthusiastically.

All the students cheered and clapped their hands, except for Jennie. She's not really into events and festivals. Just the mere thought of interacting with other students and guests exhausts her already. She's not a crowd person, so this event is a no-no for her.

"Yay! This is exciting!" Lisa blurted with overflowing energy while waving her hands before nudging her seat mate Jisoo, "Chu, what's autumn festival?"

The older girl smacked her in the head before answering, "I can't believe you're wiggling there like an earthworm when you don't even know what's happening", she laughs, "Autumn festival is where students organize different booths like food stalls, accessory shops, rides, amusement houses. Basically anything. Then the funds collected will be donated to the charity", Jisoo explained and the younger girl nodded at that.

"That sounds cool!"

"It's fun! Last year we did a chicken skewers stall."

"And they went bankrupt because she ate all the chicken", Jennie joined in the conversation, earning a pout from her bestfriend.

"I did not eat all the chicken! Just half of it!", the redhead sulked and Jennie just sticks her tongue out at her.

"Okay, I get it, you're all excited", Mr. Han continued with a chuckle, "This year, the sophomores are chosen to organize this event. And guess what...that's you!" the professor cheered, hyping up the students.

"Though, this is a short notice and I'm sorry to tell you guys that you only have a week to prepare. The festival will be held on saturday next week", Mr. Han takes out a sheet of paper, "So to not waste time, I'll be grouping you now randomly."

The professor starts calling names and the students were either happy or pissed of their groupmates. While Jennie just wants to be in the same group as Jisoo. She knows the girl can be a handful sometimes, but she's not really confident in interacting with other people that are not her friends. Well considering that she doesn't have that much of friends.

"Next group will be Jin, Chanwoo, Sana, Seulgi, and..." Mr. Han continues, "Jisoo."

The brunette mentally cursed. Jisoo is in a different group now and she's not sure which group will she belong to. She's just hoping to not be in the same group as those rebels, Bobby and Momo.

"Okay, now our last group will consist of Chanyeol, Yeri, Dahyun, Jennie..."

The girl heaved out a sigh of relief. At least she'll be with good kids.

"...and Lisa", the professor finished.

"Yaay!" the thai girl cheered.

Jennie just stared at nothingness, "Damn it."

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

The other day, the students use their given free time and started planning for the event. Choosing a booth will be difficult as each booth should be different and unique. They could recycle last year's ideas but that's no fun.

"Guess what?! I'm in Tzuyu's group again and we will be selling crepes...again", Chaeyoung shared whilst sipping on her bubble tea.

"Aww, you make the best banana crepes, though, Chaeng", Jennie commented with a soft smile.

"But I want something new. I've been making crepes for the past two years."

"Don't worry, Chaeng baby. I'll make sure to buy all the crepes that you'll make!", Lisa butted in whilst swatting Jisoo away who's currently balancing a bubble tea cup on her head. Take note: on Lisa's head.

The orange-haired girl squints her eyes at the youngest, "My name is Chaeng. Not Chaeng baby."

"Aww c'mon, baby. It's my term of endearment for you."

"It's not endearing, though."

And Lisa frowned exaggeratedly, slumping her shoulders whilst an imaginary sad background music was playing.

They're currently hanging out in the school cafeteria whilst waiting for their respective groupmates to pick them up so they can discuss the upcoming event.

"Anyway, what booth will you be putting up this year, Jisoo and Jennie unnie?" Chaeyoung asked, totally ignoring the maknae.

"Still not sure but Seulgi suggested that we set up a horror house this year. Awoooh~" Jisoo answered whilst bringing her hair down to cover her face, imitating a white lady.

Jennie throws an unused straw at the girl, "You don't even have to try. You're effortlessly scary", she remarks before bubbling in a laugh.

"Mean. I don't like you now, Nini."

The eldest shows off her pout again that Jennie was struggling very hard not to peck. Damn her mind.

"Woah, that's cool! I want to wear horror costumes and scare people too. It would be amazing, just the idea makes me want to tear up already", Chaeyoung blurted as her eyes glisten a little, fanning it with her hand in the process.

Lisa stared dumbfounded, "Wait, is she crying?"

"Chaeyoung has a lot of tears in her system", the eldest explained before coo-ing the girl, "Aww, Chaeyoung-ah, it's alright. You can just join us and ditch Tzuyu and her crepes."

That earned a light smack from Jennie.

"Don't worry, Chaeng. I'll just give you a discount in our nail art booth", the brunette coos whilst wiping the crying girl's little tears with her thumb.

"Yes, baby. I'll even do your nails for free!" the youngest butted in.

"Oh right, you're my groupmate", Jennie deadpanned.

"Wait, you forgot?!"

"I didn't even acknowledge it."

"How could you, unnie!" Lisa whines with fake teary eyes, her imaginary sad background music playing again.

"Wait, is she crying?!" Chaeyoung gasped, inspecting Lisa's eyes suspiciously.

"I think her eyes are sweating", Jisoo has her serious face on.

And Jennie was so done with these kids she could feel her brain cells popping out.

After a little while, their respective groupmates finally came to pick them up. Chaeyoung's group decided to discuss in the  student council office while both Jisoo and Jenlisa's group settled in the cafeteria but in different tables.

"Okay, guys. So as I have said in the group chat last night, me and Yeri are suggesting to put up a nail art salon for the festival. Because why not, almost everyone does it nowadays", Dahyun started the discussion, stealing her members' attention, "But of course, if you have any other ideas, please feel free to share."

"Nah, the idea already sounds good to us. We're okay with the nail art. Right, Jennie unnie?" Lisa answered energetically whilst grinning at the brunette beside her.

That earned a subtle glare from Jennie but nonetheless agreed, "Yeah, I'm okay with that."

"Okay, so we're good wi--"

"Wait, what about me? What do I know about nail arts?" the only guy in the group, Chanyeol, complained as he scratches his head.

"Oh, that's sad, man. Well you can just wipe our sweat and make us drinks while we--"

"Don't listen to Lisa, Yeollie. Don't worry, we will teach you! Not much of a problem", Yeri answered.

"But, I don't have talent in that. And besides, I'm a guy", he frowns, looking problematic as ever.

"Uh, you can be the cashier or something?" Jennie suggested nonchalantly.

She saw Chanyeol tipping his head to look at her before looking down shyly, the guy's face was beet red. What is wrong with him? she thought but soon ignored it knowing how weird this guy can be.

"Ah, Jennie's right. You can be the cashier, Yeollie", Dahyun speaks again whilst clapping, as if a very serious problem has been solved, "Okay, so we'll go with the nail art salon. Now, let's discuss the materials."

Their leader continued to talk about the preparations and they just nod to everything that the girl says. Jennie trusts Dahyun's leadership, so she's confident everything will go well for them.


"No, that's not scary enough, Chan. Distort your face a little more."

She heard laughters from the other table and tips her head to where Jisoo's group is. There she saw Seulgi warping Chanwoo's face to make him look scary but the poor boy ended up looking like a dumbo. She chuckles a little at the sight, but that didn't last long when her eyes fell on her bestfriend and the guy sitting beside her.

Kim Seokjin or Jin. The whole campus is fully aware about the guy crushing on Jisoo. How can it not be when he is quite popular as well. Boy next door. Has a good reputation and excels in both academic and sports. He could be a good catch, but the thing is, Jisoo was never interested in him, or in love in general.

And that should be a good thing for Jennie. But why is she seeing the two acting so close now? Jin was saying something she couldn't quite comprehend and her bestfriend was smiling at that. Moreover, she can see a faint shade of pink on Jisoo's cheeks as she does. Since when did her bestfriend start learning how to blush? And what, it's all because of that guy?

Jennie felt a pang in her chest and she didn't notice that she's already glaring at the two.

"If a glare could kill, he's surely dead by now."

She tips her head to her right to find Lisa smirking at her slyly, baffling her.

"What are you talking about?"

"If I were to give you a nickname, it would be jelly." the youngest continued, ignoring her question.

"And why is that?" Jennie's not in the mood to play with this rascal, she could shove her fist in the girl's face to shut her up.

"Because you're jealous."

The brunette huffs at the statement as she looks away nonchalantly, "Are you nuts? Why would I be jealous, I don't even like him."

"You don't like him. But you like her."

That made Jennie snap back to look at the blonde who still has that annoying smirk playing on her lips. What is this girl talking about. Does she...know?

"Who?" she bites on her bottom lip.

"Who else? It's Jisoo unnie, of course."

She freezes at the answer and she lost it for a moment as she stares at Lisa in disbelief. Did she hear it right? But damn, how did this girl know? Was she that obvious?

"I don't know what you're talking about", the brunette tried to play it cool though her shaking voice was almost failing her.

The younger lets out a mocking chuckle before leaning her back against the chair, "You can deny it all you want, unnie. But those cat eyes...they never lie."

And Jennie was really thinking of shoving her fist on the girl's face because it's annoying how she could read her that easily.

"That's ridiculous. I hope you are fully aware that she's my bestfriend."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you can't like her...more than a friend", the confidence in the blonde's voice never falters.

"I really don't know what you're talking about so just shut up."

Lisa shrugs her shoulders and decided to stop teasing the older girl, but not before whispering, "Just a friendly tip, though. If I were you, I will make a move now before someone else does."

Jennie felt another pang in her chest at that and she steals another glance at her bestfriend's way who's now laughing heartily with that Jin guy.

Lisa's right. She is jealous. But she's too afraid to do something about it. Are her feelings worth their eight years of friendship? Can she risk that?

"Okay, so we will be buying the materials tomorrow. Who can be in charge of the neon signage?"

She almost forgot that they're having a meeting if not for Dahyun's loud voice.

"Me and Jelly unnie-- I mean, Jennie unnie", Lisa bites back a knowing laugh, earning a smack from the brunette, "We'll do the signage."

"Oh, thanks Lisa and Jennie. So we're all settled now. I'll just see you guys tomorrow. Meeting adjourn!" Dahyun cheered and the three of them stood up to leave.

Jennie's gaze fell upon Jisoo's group and saw that they're also done with the meeting and  now preparing to leave. She got up and walked towards them, of course with Lisa who's now singing god knows what song in alien language.

"So, are you free after this, Jisoo? We can have ice cream or anything you'd like."

She heard the Jin guy speaks as they approach their table. And before her bestfriend could answer, she already beat her to it.

"Jisoo-ah, are you done? Come on, we still have to study."

The redhead turns to Jennie in confusion, "But the exams week just ended, Nini."

Oh right. Jennie mentally facepalmed herself.

"We'll just study in advance, then...for the midterms", she answered dumbly and never has she wanted to strangle herself so bad.

Jin and Jisoo looked at her with an 'are you kidding me' face, whilst Lisa was trying hard not to laugh loudly at her.

"Well okay, I'm hungry. And I don't want to eat alone", she hissed at her own lie.

"Aww, Nini", Jisoo turns to the guy and smiles at him apologetically, "Sorry, Jin. Maybe next time?"

Next time my . There will be no next time. Jennie's jealous self thought.

Jin glanced at the brunette in defeat but smiled nonetheless, "Oh, sure. It's okay. See you next time, then."

Jennie heaved out a sigh of relief when the guy started walking away and she heard Lisa whispered just behind her.

"Jennie Kim: 1 point."

This girl is consistently annoying.

"Where do you want to eat, Nini? Are we having chicken? Chikin chikin!" Jisoo grinned at her whilst doing the chicken dance.

Jennie really couldn't understand what magic this girl does to her but her mood changed almost instantly just by watching this dork. Even herself is amused.

"You look like a dumbo," she chuckled as she fixed the redhead's hair which got a little messed up, pinching her cheeks after. "Alright, then. To the chicken store we go!"

Jisoo's smile was brighter than the sun as she entwines her arm with the brunette, looking above her shoulder when she realized Lisa was tagging along.

"Oh, you coming, buddy?" The older asked.

"Of cour--"

"No!" Jennie blurted and drags Jisoo almost exaggeratedly away from the blonde.

"B-But...Jisoo...buddy...Jelly unnie-"

And Lisa's imaginary sad background music started playing...again.