Fate

Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before I know it, I'm outside the hotel. I'm conflicted. I should be angry at Baekhyun thinking that he could just return and I'll go along with it. Yet, I'm happy.

We stop, in a small alley-like street beside the hotel. He lets go of my hand. There's a strange emptiness. And silence.

"I..."

"I..."

We say at the same time. I look at him. His face is still full of anger and pain.

"I'm sorry."

I'm shocked that those words even came out of his mouth.

"I don't know why. I just got angry looking at you and Shownu."

Suddenly I get angry.

"Oh. So when I do it, it's wrong but when you do it, it's completely fine?"

"Yeonhwa..."

"Forget it."

I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Of course, it's never your fault. It's always mine because I'm the drama queen!"

My anger isn't quick to go away.

"What's worse. Shownu hugged me. I didn't initiate it. I didn't do anything. I pulled away and yet you have the audacity to tell me that you got angry seeing us hug? What about me then? What was I supposed to feel when I saw you kissing Paula?"

"Look it isn't like that?"

"Oh really? Of course, it isn't"

I roll my eyes. I know I can't talk to him. I'm just getting angrier just thinking about that night.

~*~

Baekhyun and I are sitting at the restaurant. We're having a nice conversation about our future when suddenly he gets a phone call.

"Sorry. I'll be right back"

"Take your time"

I sit waiting for him.

I wait and wait but there's no sign of Baekhyun returning.

I look at my watch.

It's already been 30 minutes. What's keeping him?

Suddenly feeling very anxious. I get up out of my chair. I make my way to the washroom.

In the hallway I hear a voice I know all too well.

"I told you. I can't see you today."

"But why?"

There's a woman's voice.

Curious, I look down the corner. I cover my mouth with my hands.

In front of me are Baekhyun and Paula. Paula is a year younger than us and she was continuously going after Baekhyun.

"But I love you"

Her words make me sick to my stomach.

"I..."

Baekhyun is about to say something. She leans in and kisses him. He doesn't fight it. He doesn't pull away.

No.

They stop kissing.

"I'll see you later then."

He doesn't say anything and watches her leave. He turns around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter