Silence Has Changed.

Giving you my heart & soul.

 

Hello everyone :) We're back with our 3 chapter, hope that you enjoy reading it ^^

Kindly ignore the grammatical mistakes. ^^


Whatever Jongin said pierced Kyungsoo’s heart, he wasn’t expecting this. Not at all, all he wanted was to be with the latter but guess Jongin wasn’t really ready for this.

 

After he left without even saying anything, a harsh action which left Kyungsoo ‘heartbroken’. He clutched onto his shirt just above this heart, it was hurting. But why? It wasn’t like he was in love with Jongin... or was he? Kyungsoo sighed and closed his eyes, mentally berating himself for probably scaring off Jongin with his want of being with the said man.

 

Kyungsoo made his way towards the cashier and handed him his credit card, he was still thinking about the words that was still making his heart throb, why was Jongin so mean to him! Why did he even approached him? Just because a priestess told him about someone grounding him what a joke! 

 

“Sir are you okay?”

 

Kyungsoo came out of his thoughts and looked at the cashier who had a concerned look on his face, thinking that Kyungsoo didn’t hear him, he repeated his question again, Kyungsoo gulped and answered,

 

 

“Y-yes I am fine!”

 

 

“But why do you look like you’re gonna cry? Is it because of the man who was with you and left the cafe in a jiffy?” 

 

 

Kyungsoo was surprised. Was he looking so miserable for someone like Jongin? Still, he  managed to smile a little and shook his head in no, he paid the cashier and left the cafe trying hard not to glance at the alley.

 

~-~


It’s been a week since Kyungsoo forced himself not to go to the cafe, one week since he tried hard not to think about a certain someone. One week, since he’s been rejected and left ‘heart broken’. He felt like something was missing from him but he knew it was useless to go back to the cafe for a person who left him so vehemently. 

 

Kyungsoo spent practically all his nights lying down on his bed, staring at the ceiling and think back on the words that Jongin told him, 

 

 

“Why are you so stupid Soo ah? He doesn’t want you...”

 

 

He doesn’t want you... one sentence he kept on repeating all week, back in his workplace his friends were always giving him the concerned looks but he waved them off saying he was fine, but who was he kidding to, he wasn’t fine!

 

~-~


Today was no less different, Kyungsoo forced his legs not to drag him to the cafe, he made a detour to the convenience store to buy a few rapid groceries as his friend Baekhyun was coming over, so he was going to make dinner for them. After his brief stop to the store, he went back home and laid the ingredients on the counter, when he heard a knock on the front door, Kyungsoo made his way towards the door when he started to cough violently, he placed his palm over his mouth and still managed to open the door to let his best friend in, but his coughing fit was not stopping at all, he felt like he was suffocating and his lungs were begging for air, luckily Baekhyun who saw his friend coughing so badly patted his back and handed him a glass of water, Kyungsoo was about to take the glass when he noticed his palm. Baekhyun who also saw his palm gasped,

 

 

“Kyungsoo why are you coughing blood?"

 

 

~-~

 

Jongin regretted his actions the moment he walked out of the cafe, leaving Kyungsoo there alone. With heavy steps and even heavier heart, he rushed to take refuge in his car parked nearby, started the engine and drove off into the blurred horizon. Like his special ability to teleport, he had a bad habit of running away from uncomfortable situations, like what just happened moments ago with Kyungsoo, who have been so direct, honest and sincere… that it scared him. 

 

 

Years of teleporting has made Jongin so accustomed to have nobody permanent by his side. Each time he finds someone that he is comfortable with, he ends up losing them. Every platonic friendship or romantic relationship he tried to have fails to withstand and understand his sudden disappearance or unplanned reappearance, causing both parties so much hurt and pain that Jongin decided that as long as he has this ability to teleport, he will live the life of a loner. Nobody will be able to grasp the idea of being with someone who needs to leave when he has to.  Closing his eyes, Jongin remembered one painful memory,

 

 

“ you! I cannot do this anymore, Jongin. Each time you disappear suddenly, I can’t seem to reach you at all. It feels as if you left this world with no intentions to come back! No calls, no texts, nothing! Do you know how ing worried I get? My imagination runs so wild each time that it is hurting and scaring me! And then you reappear again and act like nothing happened and you expect me to “understand”? Have you ever thought how abandoned I felt, or how much I love you that the thought of losing you drives me crazy every single time?! I can’t do this anymore Jongin! I just can't!”

 

 

Each time, different persons but same endings. Even his once best friend, started to distant himself away over the past years because Jongin “kept missing the important events of their friendship” or “could not make it as his best man at the wedding”. With romantic partners, it was even more difficult. Jongin doesn’t like telling people about this weird ability to travel places, so he usually tries to come up with stories, reasons and excuses. But he knew, he was running out of all those, which meant he had to accept that his life is meant to be a solo journey, no matter how much he yearns to come back to a “home”.

 

 

The priestess had warned him about his frequent travels, and had urged him to find something/someone to ground him. Jongin knew he was getting weaker and his memory get affected too, if he keeps on teleporting too much. He felt the deep desire to search for this something or someone, yet he fears it will all happen again - the lies, the fights, the pain. 

 

~-~

 

It has been a week since he last saw Kyungsoo. Jongin had returned to the cafe every day and spent at least half a day waiting at their table, hoping to catch him but Kyungsoo never turned up. But on that particular day, he felt rather strange. He had just returned in the morning from an alternate universe, and as usual, he parked his car at the alley and made his way to the cafe.

 

While Jongin was placing his order with the barista, suddenly a man dashed through the main door, raised his arm and aimed towards Jongin’s direction and BAM! a deafening gunshot echoed through the small cafe, then the gunman fled leaving the people in the cafe in sheer panic.

 

Everything happened too quickly, and Jongin was still standing at the cashier, leaning against the counter. When he finally realised the chaos and noise around him, all he could see was his bloodied right palm.


Tada!!! We're done! Haha *evil laugh* with a... Cliffhanger! 

 Who can guess what will happen next? Kyungsoo is coughing blood...Jongin got shot? Will it be a tragic end for them before they can even get together? 

Stay tuned for the upcoming chapter to find out :P

For now See you all and take care :)

-B & L