Cut the Chase.

Giving you my heart & soul.

Hello Everyone, 

We're excited to present you the very first chapter of 'Giving you my Heart and Soul".

Have a nice time reading it and kindly ignore the grammatical mistakes. :)


Jongin has been waiting in his car for nearly an hour now. Soft music playing on the radio, making him hum along as he tapped the steering wheel nervously. He glanced at the rear view mirror, silently pleased with what he saw. The white streaks that usually appears amongst his brown hair whenever he teleported, and the trail of white smoke he leaves behind, had disappeared.

 

Do Kyungsoo, a quiet yet observant guy, was always sitting by the cafe's window pane which was facing the small alley leading to an underground subway station. But his sole reason of coming to the cafe was not just because of the good coffee or the soothing atmosphere, it was because of the car that was parked at the entrance of the alley. The person in the car always fascinated him and by now, he got used to the fact that the guy who is in the vehicle, teleports and leaves white smoke behind.

 

At first he was weirded out but then again he realised and understood that the guy was just like him,  the latter had supernatural powers. Now, Kyungsoo silently appreciated and loved seeing the smoke which was left behind after the teleportation process was done, it was like a perfect aesthetic gif.

 

~-~

 

For the past hour, his mind has been seriously contemplating the thoughts running wild in his head. As much as he wanted to know who that man was, Jongin was unsure if he was ready to strike a decent conversation with the one who caught his attention, always sitting by the cafe window, basking in the rays of the golden sun.

 

Jongin took a deep breath as he leaves his car parked in the alley. Today, instead of walking down the staircase to the subway station, Jongin decided to be brave and entered the cafe. He could hear his own heart beating fast, as he walked calmly towards the table by the window. He pulled the empty chair across this fascinating stranger, settled down comfortably in his seat and then said

 

“Are you always so intense when you look at other men walking by?”

 

Kyungsoo was as usual sitting by the window and was impatiently waiting for the guy to show his teleportation skills again. But something unusual happened today instead, he saw the guy who captivated his attention, leaving his car and walking towards the cafe. Kyungsoo could feel his heartbeats accelerating, and he mentally began to panic "What is he doing?! Is he coming inside! Dear lord!"

 

Kyungsoo could feel his heart’s rapid thumping, making his blood run faster in his veins. He clutched onto his mug of coffee between his palms and closed his eyes. He heard the ding of the cafe's bell at the entrance, clearly indicating that someone was coming in. There were only a few people inside, they were still in the queue clearly they were still waiting for their orders. That can only mean ... 

 

"Are you always so intense when you look at other men walking by?”

 

Kyungsoo swore he could faint with the sudden adrenaline rush that he was feeling, and with much difficulty, he managed to calm himself a little and cautiously glanced at the person who was sitting opposite him. It was clear that the guy's melted chocolate orbs were locked on him, so he took a deep breath and slowly released it.

 

"No I don’t. Normal men don’t catch my attention easily but instead, a man disappearing in the air while leaving white smoke behind fascinates me. And I happen to know only one... therefore that person deserves all my attention...”

 

Jongin was taken aback by two things - one, the low tone of the voice which was strangely calming and two, this man in front of him knew about the car and about his ability. Jongin shifted uncomfortably in his seat, unconsciously tapping on the edge of the table and couldn’t help smiling to himself.

 

“I am Jongin, and the car is not magic. It just follows me wherever I go, or rather, whenever I am expected to go. Well, it is complicated and I don't want you to bore you with all the hocus pocus details.” 

 

Staring right into the depth of what most people said to be the 'windows to our souls', there was something in those big round eyes looking back at him, which made Jongin felt comfortable and that they might have met before in one of his many travels. But that was impossible because Jongin never forgets anything.

 

“I am gonna be direct with you and ask you something. You can choose to answer or chase me away ok? I have been told by the priestess that, the one who can see the white streaks in my hair or the white smokes of my car, is the one who will keep me grounded. So, are you the one?”

 

Kyungsoo was feeling slightly agitated with this guy, yet something about the said latter was making him feel so calm and feeling secure. He unconsciously gave his entire attention to the ethereal man that was just besides him, still captivated by the voice of the latter which was deep, slow and somehow sensual, and those lips, Kyungsoo unintentionally kept looking at those plump lips, at the same time he noticed that the latter has a habit of slightly pouting them when he talks.

 

He was mesmerized by the beauty of the guy when suddenly he snapped out of his reverie when he heard  “I am gonna be direct with you and ask you something. you can choose to answer or chase me away ok? I have been told by the priestess that, the one who can see the white streaks in my hair or the white smokes of my car, is the one who will keep me grounded. So, are you the one?”

 

 Kyungsoo was gobsmacked by the sudden confession but still managed to compose his expression and smiled slightly. He let out a chuckle and glanced at Jongin who was intensely looking at him. He gathered enough courage to reply,

 

 “Maybe I am. But still I like the fact that you’re direct with me so I’m gonna equally cut the chase...I’ve got this thing called 'magic' too.. In simple words I’m in charge of this earth power thing, which is why I spotted you when some can’t at all. I never met any priestess but I sure know that there’s one reason we met and it’s... it's fate...” 

 

After saying ‘it’s fate’, Kyungsoo couldn’t believe his own words or how could he so carelessly speak out those words. He was somehow wary of how will Jongin respond to these words. He surely doesn’t feel scared about what he let out but he is scared of the rejection from the other male. He closed his eyes tightly clutching onto the edge of the table patiently waiting for Jongin to at least acknowledge what he said.

 

To be Continued...


So guys I hope you liked the very first chapter of our story... and anticipate for the next one.

Feel free to comment or subscribe either one of those would makes us really happy :)

Bye and see y'all soon, take care

- B&L.