6 and 7

Evanesce

The rain usually brings a melancholic vibe but little Kyungsoo loves it so much. When it rains, it’s when Kyungsoo is the happiest. But not today, on the corner of the room you will see the little one curled up beside the window, a sad tilt on his mouth. He wasn't even coloring today which is a feat because Kyungsoo always colors. Always.

 

The reason for the boy’s dilemma was his first day of proper school tomorrow. Kyungsoo wasn’t looking forward to it. School would be rowdy, crowded, and would be full of people he doesn’t know. He’s scared and sad because he doesn’t like leaving the comforts of his home, his coloring books, and Jongin. Speaking of Jongin, the said boy is nowhere to be found for two days already another reason added to why Kyungsoo’s having a fit. As Kyungsoo’s sole friend he should comfort him because he’s been whining and crying about this for two days with his mom.

 

“Kyungsoo-yah, let’s go to the mall. We have to buy your things for school.” He heard his mom shout from downstairs.

 

“Mom, I told you I don’t want to go to school!” Kyungsoo kicks the nearest thing he saw which was a glass. It broke and some shards hit Kyungsoo’s foot which made the boy cry even harder. The day surely was shaping into a bad one. Kyungsoo isn’t usually like the other kids who throw tantrums when they don’t get what he they want. But today proves to be a strange day given what happened a while ago.

 

His mother ran up the stairs when she heard a glass broke. She entered the room and immediately glanced at Kyungsoo with an angry expression on her face. She marched towards the injured boy and fixed the mess on the floor.

 

“I’ve had enough of your attitude, Kyungsoo! You will go to school whether you like it or not. And in the meantime you are to stay in your room all day. You’re grounded.” His mother glared at him, and it broke the kid’s heart. He made his mother hate him. He’s a bad kid.

 

His mother finished cleaning his wound all the while he’s crying. She didn’t even spare him a glance as she exited the younger’s room. Kyungsoo limped towards his bed and cried his heart out. His mother now hates him, he still has to go to school, and Jongin still isn’t appearing. Everyone’s leaving Kyungsoo.

 

He was too preoccupied with his tears that he failed to notice the said boy was now sitting on his chair. Jongin was just looking at his hyung with tears running down his face. One minute he was in this white room crying out for Kyungsoo and the next he’s there sitting on Kyungsoo’s chair. He didn’t know why Kyungsoo was sad, all he knows was that Kyungsoo shouldn’t be sad. He hates seeing him sad. He stood up from the chair and approached the crying boy.

 

“Hyung, nini is here. Why are you sad?” Kyungsoo perked up when he heard Jongin’s voice. He looked up from his tear stained pillow and saw the boy with tears on his eyes.

 

“My mom hates me. You left me. I have to go to school. I hurt my foot. Why are you sad?” Kyungsoo said with a pout, clearly sulking. He’s still irritated by the younger for he was nowhere to be seen the last two days. Kyungsoo who was so used to being alone now seeks his presence everywhere. Everyday.

 

“I didn’t leave you! I was in this white room I’ve never seen before. I’m sorry, hyung. I was sad because I couldn't find you. Please stop crying?” Jongin said wiping the tears away from his own eyes. He walked closer and placed a kiss on Kyungsoo’s bandaged foot. He then handed the elder a handkerchief he saw from his nightstand. Kyungsoo took it and gave him one of his heart-shaped smiles.

 

“Thank you, Nini. Stop crying too okay and don’t disappear on me again!” Kyungsoo stood up and was about to hug the boy when Jongin stepped back. Kyungsoo’s brows furrowed and he was about to hug Jongin again when the younger boy said,

 

“Let’s go color, hyung. I missed coloring with you. And maybe you can read me a book next. I really want to learn how to read. You should be happy you’re going to school, you’ll meet lots of friends.” Jongin then went to his desk and pulled out all of the things they would need. Kyungsoo forgot to ask why Jongin didn’t want to hug him.