The Perfect Gift

Big Brother Exo

“Wake up! Wake up! It’s already nine! I wanna go to the mall!” This is how the 17 year old Kim Junmyeon woke up on that sunny Saturday morning. Pushing his 16 year old sister off his bed, he turns to his side facing the wall. “We can go to the mall later. It’s still early.” The grumbling Junmyeon tried to fall back asleep, but to no avail. His younger sister jumped onto her feet grabbing the covers and yanking them off of her tired brother. “We have to get moms present now! We don’t have much time till she gets back from work!” Finally sitting up, Junmyeon opens his eyes and drowsily looks at his younger sister. “She gets back at six, we have enough time.” You smile brightly at your brother. “That doesn’t matter. I wanna take my time to find the best gift!” Chuckling, he gives up and gets out of bed. “Fine. Now get outta my room. I have to change.” You hurriedly walk out of the room. Junmyeon quickly gets dressed in some nice jeans and a white shirt not feeling like dressing up today. He grabs a coat as he walks out of his room. Waiting for him at the dining room table, you give him a bowl of cereal. “Hurry up. We need to get going.” Junmyeon sits down across from you as he inhales his cereal. “I said hurry up not choke.” You both begin to laugh uncontrollably at Junmyeon’s funny antics. Being the good brother he is he makes funny faces at you while he swallows down his cereal. Finally finishing his cereal he puts it in the dishwasher and walks close to the door where you both put on your shoes. Putting on your coats you walk out the door and wait for your brother who was able to drive. You both walk up to Junmyeon’s black car and get in ready to drive off to the mall. The drive definitely wasn’t boring. Your brother cared for you and made sure you always laughed even though you did fight. 

 

~Time Skip~

 

Getting there in what feels like no time at all you climb out of the car and walk to the entrance of the mall. Feeling overwhelmed with all of the options, you look over to your brother to see what he had in mind. “So what should we get mom?” Junmyeon’s face scrunches a bit in contemplation. “How about some jewelry? How much did you save?” Confidently you remember counting your money that morning. “$960.” He nods knowing you had saved up to get your mom something special. You follow your brother to a nice jewelry place. He knew exactly what to get your mom. Walking into the store you begin to look for a nice necklace knowing your mom loved to wear necklaces. Splitting up you both looked around for about 25 minutes. Suddenly you hear an excited shout from your brother. “Y/n! How about this one?” You look over to see the jeweler handling a nice ruby heart necklace. Feeling excitement swell up in you as well, you walk over to your brother. “It’s perfect.” Quickly paying for it together, mostly with your brothers money since he insisted and you can’t argue with your brother who always wins, you both walk out of the mall with the small yet meaningful gift. 

 

~Time Skip~

 

It had gotten dark and you two were helping your father with dinner. Your mother and father both worked so you two were mostly alone at home. “Can I at least have a hint?” your father cheekily asks trying to get out of you the details of the gift. “No. It’s a surprise.” Distantly you hear your brothers chuckles as you finish up dinner making sure your mother rested on her birthday. After a delicious meal your family grabbed the cake and began to sing happy birthday while your father lit the candles. “Happy birthday dear mom! Happy birthday to you!” You and your brother cheerfully sang out. Your dad kissed your mom as he finished lighting the candles. “Make a wish.” he said sweetly. Laughing your mother blew out the candles. Childishly your brother asked your mother what she had wished for. “Nothing much. I already have all I need.” 

 

~Time Skip~

 

The feeling of a full stomach was now overcoming you as you tried to stay awake a little longer. “Don’t fall asleep now. We still have to give mom her gifts.” Nodding we pulled out our boxes. “You go first dad.” Junmyeon says wanting to save the best for last. Complying, your father hands your mother her present. She opens it up to find a beautiful diamond ring imbedded with colorful diamonds. “It’s beautiful.” she happily breaths out as she places it on her finger. “Thank you.” Your parents kiss causing joking ews to escape both of your lips. Your parents laugh as you hand your mother her gift. “I wonder what could be in here.” your mother teases before opening the box to reveal a gorgeous ruby necklace in the shape of an elegant heart. “This is so beautiful. I love it.” Your mother tears up a bit as she places the necklace around her neck. Standing up, you all rush to your mom and give her a giant hug. “We Love you mom!” Smiling your mother replies. “I love you all too.”