Her or her?

Dear No One

  "Be my fake boyfriend," Jennie said while her other friends sat across the room.

 "That's the only thing I need to do?" I asked, rubbed the back of my head.

 "There will be other thing but I think that the only thing you need to know for now," Jennie said and smiled "Do you agree or not?"

 I bit my lip, a bit hesitate.

 "Yes?"

 I did not knew what I should be called by them. A replacement? A doll? A fool? But I thought that were all the things I was doing right now. Jennie gave me sum of money every week with a deal and that was to be her fake boyfriend just to ensure that her ex-boyfriend, Mark jealous. I did knew why she chose me ot of any other else but I thought maybe she just could not found someone who was willing to rather than me.

 To be true, actually the money she gave was not that much but certainly I could used it to pay my fee or to pay the medical bill of my mom.

 But even, after all even until today, I still can not believe that this was the was I could got close with my heart throb. Yes, Jennie was my crush since I got here. I actually liked her for years now. 

 Now, I asked you. Who did not? She was beauty, no, beauty was not the right word. She was unbearably beautiful and stunning. Her hair was coal black, so black that it seem nearly blue. Her skin was cream-white and her flutter and blushy eyelashes was wrapping perfectly at her dreamy and hazel nut eyes.

 Even my friends could not believe when I told them about it.

 "Are you sure this Jennie you are talking about?" Jimin asked through the phone "The one everyone adore and has crush on? Not just someone named Jennie"

 "No, Jimin, just this Jennie," I said, almost screamed to the phone for their doubt on me.

 "Lucky you, then!" V said, interfered Jimin, he must be in the room with him, played their favourite game, The farmville.

 "Yeah, so sorry guys. Tonight, I can't come. Next time, maybe?" I still hide the fact from them that I was actually just a fake boyfriend behind this mask.

 "Oh, that's too bad! Jimin just bought another game you like to play tonight!" V yelled through the phone.

"I am sorry, maybe-"

 "What take you so long?" Jennie shouted and I knew that she was pissed off because she had to wait. Her face showed that she was not amused at all.

 "OH, need to go! Bye!" I turned off the phone and quickly walked to her.

 "Call that immature friends of your again?" she hissed and walked away.

 "They are not immature...," I tried to defend and suddenly saw Jennie already walked away far from me "Wait, Jennie!"

 Well, everything had their own advantange and disadvantage and so did Jennie, she may be pretty but sometime she was near to cruel and pathetic at the same time. But for me, It was still fine.

 I still remember that one day, Jennie told me to bring the picnic kit to the park in front of the river. She said she had another thought on how to make her ex-boyfriend, Mark felt jealous.

 I bought her everything she asked, a jug of tea with a few cute cups, another jug of lemon tea in case she felt exhausted, a piece of red velvet cake, a polish nail, a hair dryer, another type of polish nail- ok, to be honest, maybe too much unnecessary for a picnic but she reasoned that she need to be as beautiful as a rose.

 Truly, I did not understand why she need to do that, in my eyes, she was already perfect.

 Right when I reached there, I set up everything so It will became nice and perfect for a couple. A box of chocolate in the middle of the mat and put all variety type of food all around the chocolate. 

 The passerby must thought that there was a romantic proposal happened soon because all of the datail and decoration I put.

 I waited for awhile, not so long- just a few hours then I saw her.

 Jennie, she came with a white t-shirt and pleated dot skirt that was perfect for her tiny waist. I did not knew why but my heart thumped madly everytime I saw her.

 She rushed to sit and suddenly laughed wile cupped "Ha-Ha-, you are so funny! Tell me more about it!"

 I was blank as I did not got what she was trying to say. From what I knew, I did not said anything at all to her.

 But that was until I saw Mark at the corner of my eyes and I knew I had to play along,

 "Yeah, it's funny!" I forced a laughed despite how fake it was "Right?"

 Mark finally jogged beside us and we laughed even harder that at one point I could not felt my breath. Even the people around glanced at us weirdly. We expected that at least he would glanced. At least a single glance but no.

 Unfortunately, Mark just jogged beside us without even noticed or cared about our existance.

 I knew that Mark realized it so much that we were there but he just did not mind it anymore. He even pulled out his earphone halfway and plucked it into his ears.

" Hey, Mark! I know you hear me!" at this sight, Jennie would stood and shouted several times while thumped her feet to the ground "You will regret it I swear!"

 "Jennie-Jennie darling," I had to brought her behind because she seem to sprint to hit Mark anytime soon.

 "No, let go of me- I will make sure he-," she babbled, raged like crazy.

 "Jennie, Jennie, people are looking at us," it was true though, they were facing at us "Let's go now, ok?"

 "We will go, yeah-" Jennie tried to calm her breath "And find better way to beat the of that son of the-"

 "Jennie-," I smiled "Calm down, breath!"

 "Yeah, we need to make another plan," Jennie gritted her teeth "He will be so regret for making me like this! For making me go cra-"

 "Jennie-," I knew it so well that I need to force her out from there to avoid the situation worst.

 And, it happened for almost every day and we never miss anything. That one mission to make Mark felt jealous.

The plan? We just had to appeared where Mark used to go every place here and there. It was hella tiring but as the time past, I only felt that my love for Jennie grew deeper and stronger.

 Yeah, still strong.

 "Opps, sorry, I mean it Jennie," I said, accidentally spilled her favourite hot mocha on the table and it splashed to her cloth. It was not entirely my fault anyway, the worker gave me the hot drink without anything to avoid it from my skin.

 She huffed and puffed madly before exploded "What actually you really good at?"

 "Jennie, I can try to clean it!" I took  the tissue nearby and tried to wipe her.

 "Just stop it, !" she yelled, stood and sighed loudly, certainly did not mind the disgusted sight at them.

 "No, it is hot! I will-"

 "Get your filthy hand off my body!" she hissed and said a few more curse words.

 "Just start the car now! I don't think Mark will come anyway," she sighed, rubbed her own head.

 "What?" I asked as she somehow whispered the word.

 "Start the fu- car right now! Oh my god!" she shouted and led the way herself.

 "I am sorry, I don't hear-," I said "Jennie, wait!"

 Eventhough Jennie sometime scolded or even cursed at me for a lot of flaws I did. Like what just happened now, she complained of my reckless, my old-fashioned and my behaviour, but it was fine.

 Everything had it own flaw, right?

 Today, Jennie barged through my door with a large grinned plaster on her white-cream face. She said there was the last event of the year or in other word they called it as the prom or the ball.

 I remembered how Jennie said she wanted to make Mark felt regret for leaving her and told me to dress nicely that night. And that what was I did.

I wore the 1000 dollar suit that I bought from my own saving just for this memorable day. I also borrowed my dad's shoes to get there.

 And last but not least, I went to the salon to get my hair done.

 "You want to cut it short?" the woman asked, looked at me through the reflection in the mirror.

 "Yes, but do not cut it too short," I said.

 "I always see you walk around here," The woman said while fixed my hair "But, this is the first time you finally step in here"

 I nodded and that woman asked again "Is it for someone special?"

 I grinned Really special.

 "Woah, I do not know you can be this tunning," The woman said after she done "I am glad someone as handsome as you come to this salon"

 I thanked her. The worker that I never met before even told me that they never saw me that charming and handsome before. I was confidence in my own self.

 

 Tonight, there will be big things happened. 

First, I would definitely be so close with Jennie that even Mark became jealous.

 Second, I wanted to ask Jennie to be my real boyfriend. Not just some tool that I used to.

 Beside, it was no purpose to be fake anymore since I had stopped her from giving me money to act as her boyfriend. I did it because I wanted to and I was willing to. Maybe, all these efforts I put all this time could change the tittle fake to somehow real

 Plus, after all we have been through, Jennie must had some feeling towards me,right?

 I drove my dad's old and rust car into her luxury mansion. Although we were together for months now, but it was the first time I finally visited her house.

 When I parked inside, I saw she was standing by the water sprinkled under the moonlight. Somehow, the light from the moon made her skin glowed even more that night.

 She was with her other two friends at there and they must did not knew about my presence there.

 "Oh my, don't worry Jennie, he will really regret for leaving you!" her friend with a pink blouse said "He will probably beg you to accept her again"

 "Yeah, I still don't get why she leave someone as beautiful as you!" the other one supported "Only Mark would be crazy enough to do that! You look wonderful!"

 No doubt, she was like a fallen angel from above.

 There was a bright and shine diamond right around her slim neck. Her hair was tied and some were left to untied. She was wearing a long black wavy skirt that pleated right at it end.

 Suddenly, the thought of propose appearedthere right in my mind. I knew I did not have to rush but there this feeling that I need to say it or I will never make it.

 Now or never, Jungkook, the words repeated in my mind over and over.

I had enough. I need to do it.

 "Jennie," I called out to her and they finally turned and noticed me there.

 "Oh, you already here, I thought-"

 "Will you be my real girlfriend?" I asked and my lip was trembling because of the nervous feeling inside.

 Silent.

 No answer that I could even heard the wind was blowing in the air.

Then, all of sudden, I heard a high pitched laughed that was almost like screamed bursted from them. It was as if they were watching a very funny and amusing skit in front of them as they could not stopped laughed their head off.

 And when Jennie suddenly stepped out in front of me, little did I knew that her words were probably something I would never forget for the rest of my life.

 "What?" she aske in disbelief, still in the middle of laughing "Me becoming your girlfriend? Is that the question?"

 She mocked me "Are you out of your mind? Must I remind you why I choose you in the first place?"

 She calmed herself as she wept the tear that escape her eyes in the result of laughing too much "Ok, listen here boy, stop dreaming and hallucinating about thing that should never be happened. I thought that you already understand when I told you to just agree become my fake boyfriend!" she pressed hard the word fake.

 "But, you still don't. How unfortunate-," she smirked and looked at me up and down as if I was "Even when you are wearing that expensive suit and comb your hair, still don't change one thing-"

 She hissed "You are just a poor boy from a poor family"

 I was aghast. I cloud not even speak a word.

 I knew it so well that my face was red because of too much humiliatation and shaming.

 Just when I was about to say something suddenly a brand new racing car came and parked right beside my old and rust car. Well, not even mine, it was my dad's. Just compare between those two cars already managed to make my heart ached madly for the second time that night.

 As if I did not got more suprise than it was already was, surprisingly Mark was the one that jumped out of the car and he hugged Jennie out of nowhere.

 I was too shocked to even react.

 "Jennie, I am sorry for leaving you!"

 What the- She not even reach at the place yet and here Mark-

 "What do you think you are doing? You left me!" she shouted like she wanted to fight back but I knew deep inside she was as happy as a lark because her 'soulmate' and 'the love of her life' was here.

 "No, Jennie!" he said "I just want to test how strong your love was to me! You did not knew how I am suffering to hold my feeling for you"

 By that word, a tear suddenly threathened to fall from my eyes. In front of me was like Romeo and Juliet while Jennie's friends were like the excited watcher that watched a romance movie. And that snapped me like a brick fall flat on my face.

 What was I supposed to do here? Becoming the third wheel?

 "I love you too, Mark-" that was all I heard because what I knew next was I driving away from the problem and hectic in my life. 

 What Jennie said was true after all. I was the one who was volunteering to become her fake boyfriend yet I was the one who had feeling for her.

 Once again, I asked myself. What was I doing here anyway? I rather lost everything I had in my life before just to be close to Jennie but the harsh reality hit it right to my face once again.

 I lost everything, my own character, my weird, dumb and annoyed character.

 At home, I regretted it all. 

 I threw away everything that she gave me. I even planned to sell back something that was worth like the game set she gave me. I even sold back the 1000 dollar suit. I planned to dispose it the very next day when the sun shine.

 I dumped everything unnecessary in the dumpster and put a sign 'If anyone interested, just take it'

 I sighed after all the hard work I have done and stepped inside my room once again. It was just like the room I had before Jennie entered my life. Thr grown up man that still love cartoon and still had the superhero poster in his bedroom. Yes, this is me!

 I felt the heavy burden slipped away from my shoulder. Now, I did not have to think how to dress beautiful and nice so I could impressedher. I didn't even have to think what to do next day so she will be entertained. Oh, why did I left this life in the first place?

 I threw my body on the sheet with my favourite iron man designed at it. I stared at the blue ceiling and took a deep breath. It was peaceful for awhile before I glanced at my watch.

 Still 10 p.m.

 What should I do now? Still early too sleep and I did not even felt sleepy now. If I was with Jennie, she must told me to-

NO, No more Jennie.

 Just then I saw the avenger poster plastered at the wall beside me.

 And at that sight of poster, I was already on my feet to my wardrobe and took out a long and comfortable sweater to wear.

 Then, I quickly dialed someone on my phone.

 "Hello?" the other answered.

 I smiled when I heard there was this load noise. It was probably the sound from the game was being played in the background.

 "Hey Jimin, is the game still on tonight?" I asked, put on my sneaker hastily.

 "Of course! Always! V with me now," he paused for awhile and said "I thought you are supposed to go to the prom tonight with Jennie"

 "I broke up with her," I said and I felt a little cringe inside because I never actually got in real relation with her.

 "Oh, that's-" Jimin tried to find a word "That's bad. Are you okay?"

 "Hmm, I don't know- I feel-"

 V suddenly interfered Jimin just like how he used to "Come here Jungkook, cheer up! I never like that girl in the beginning!"

 "V, that's not how you comfort someone who already break up!" I heard Jimin talked in the other side and I laughed at how caring he was for me.

 "I just- I just stated the truth," V stuttered.

 "Ok, Jungkook are you fine? Do you want to come over here to get better or-," Jimin waited as if tried to find a better word to say "Do you want to go to the prom, maybe you still can convince Jennie to accept you"

 "No, Jungkook, she will probably leave you again! That bas-"

 "V!" Jimin hissed before he talked through the phone again "Ok, so Jungkook maybe you can try to go to the prom-"

 "Jimin-," I interrupted him.

 "Yes? Is there anything-"

 I asked him "Did I even attend that event before?"

 "Umm, no, but-"

 "So, I would love to keep it that way!" I exclaimed, already on my way to the next building "I am going to there now!"

 "Yeah, that's my boy!" V shouted again.

 "Taehyung!"

.....................................................................................................

"Woah, you are back!" V said when he found me in the morning "You know being all nerd and ugly. But seriously frind, you look better"

 I looked at him for awhile and asked "Am I supposed to say thank you right now?"

 "Maybe, because I just-" V abruptly stopped since from the distance we both heard a panicked voice scremed.

 "Get out of the way if you don't want to die!"

When we faced toward that voice, we saw a girl could not controlled her bicycle as she was going down hill. Any second from now on, that bicycle would definitely hit us.

 As I was experienced in martial art, I could easily grabbed the moving bicycle to an immediate halt. But unfortunately, the force only made the girl jumped out from her seat with her book inside her bag scattered on the floor.

 "Oh my god, are you fine?" V asked, helped to pick some of her books on the floor "You can get killed!"

 "Let me help!" I said when I saw she was struggling to get her head out from her own colourful and flower design helmet.

 There was this yell came out from her every time I tried to pull it out since it was somehow stuck.

 "NO!"

 "Not like that!"

 "Ouch!"

 "Listen, not-!"

 "Don't pull it like that!"

 "You retard!"

 I gritted my teeth "Calm down, how can I help you if you keep moving!"

 "Well, you certainly can't help me if you do it wrong!" she yelled in agony "Push the button, idiot!"

 What? Button?

 OH, yeah, there was on the side of the helmet. New design, I guess.

 Right after I pressed the button, the helmet was being hauled to the ground nearby and the girl was swaying her blonde her out from her face to get some air.

 "Thanks, I almost die-" she said as our eyes met.

 I looked at her face, heart-shaped face and a rosy complexion. She had this arched and thick eyelashes around her bright and sparkling blue eyes. Her ruby red lip somehow like made perfectly just for her oval face.

 Well, none of us realized that we were staring at each other until there was an obvious chuckle came from V.

 "I would appreciate it so much if someone can help," he said, showed the stack of book in his hands.

 "Oh, I am sorry," she quickly turned to V and picked her books.

 "New student, I guess," V said, refer to the book she bought.

 "Yeah, and I already made a mess," she huffed "Hope everything will be fine soon"

 "Wish you luck then," V jokes "Good luck with life full of misery"

 She chuckled and stood there for awhile. There was this long silence between us as we were just standing and looking at each other.

 "I guess I should go now," she said as she parked her abondoned bicycle beside.

 "By the way, if you wonder-," she smiled "My name is Lisa"

 Soon, she slowly dissapeared in the crowd.

 "Hey, I think she like you-" V hit the back of my head, the habit he would did towards his friends no matter they like it or not.

 I shook my head vigorously "No way"

 "Really, then why are you smiling?" he mocked me "You can hide it from me, Jungkook, I know everything you hide from me. You like her, right?"

 "No way, I just met her!"

 "And you already like her" he grinned "Oh no, Jungkook in love. Jungkook in love!"

 "Stop it!" I walked away, yeah another fate becoming a friend of V, you will be mocked for the restof your life.

 "Jungkook in love!" he yelled, followed me behind.

 But deep down inside, I guessed what my mom said was true after all

 "A nice man is for a woman"

 ..

 

 

 

 

 

THAT'S ALL.

Thank you so much for reading this.

What do you think?

 Should I make another chapter or it just fine the way it is?

Anyway, thanks guy!!!