Chapter 3

What's Happening?!

 

 


 

 

Soonyoung goes into the first store she sees. They were selling dresses and it was on sale.

 

 

 

“Right. The summer sale.”

 

 

 

She goes in, hesitating at first, thinking someone might recognize her and then it hits him when he saw his reflection from the window pale. He was a girl.

 

 

 

 

‘Why do I keep on forgetting?’

 

 

 

Soonyoung was never really fond of shopping. He does do it sometimes since he’s an idol and all, fans look up to him so he has to make sure he’s presentable but now as a girl, he found surprisingly an interest in shopping. He can’t believe he’s going around various boutiques trying on various clothing.

He wished he could by them all out but remembers that he’s low on budget and he’s mother is going to send him clothes anyway, so he focuses on buying simple clothes like pajamas and perhaps that one cute little yellow dress on that mannequin that’s been calling out to him.

 

 

He swears he could hear the ‘Pick Me’ song playing in the background.

 

 

 

 

Oh! Wait it is playing.

 

 

 

 

S(he) enters that store (that has the yellow dress) and was welcomed in by burst of pastel colors.

Soonyoung was literally drawn to the dress and he couldn’t keep his eyes off it. She feels a tap on her shoulder and turns to face one of the store’s clerk. She welcomes (he)r and goes to sell the other clothes but Soonyoung couldn’t really care less cause all she could see was that bright yellow sunny dress with its frills and smooth satin feeling.

 

 

“I’ve never seen anyone so invested in a dress.” Her daydreaming was caught off by a soft voice. She turns to where it was and she was met with eyes of the cashier girl. She smiles at him, expecting to receive eye contact.

“Oh!” Soonyoung was stun by her smile. She had cute little smile and sparkling eyes, but now was not the time to think of that.

“Would you like me to bag that dress? It’s the last one.” She offers. Soonyoung nods immediately after hearing that.

 

 

She spends a little more time in the shopping district, just window shopping, but her thought goes back to the yellow dress and perhaps that friendly cashier girl. No. Nope. It was just the dress calling out to her. Nothing else but the dress.

Hopefully…

 

---

 

 

Soonyoung comes home to the dorm, making sure no one recognizes or questions her; when she deems it safe she enters the building and head straight to their dormitory.

 

She was carrying several shopping bags so it was a bit of a difficulty on her part, she rings the doorbell but no one answered. She rings it again yet still no answer. She knocks instead.

 

 

 

“Guys? Uh… Can you let me in?” still no answer. Getting a little impatient and weary from carrying the bags she decided to enter the lock to their dorm instead. “Guess I have to do the work myself then.” She types in the password and enters the room. It was dark so she turns on the light.

 

 

 

 

 

“SURPRISE!!!”

 

 

She drops her bag in surprise. She blinks at the scene in front of her. The guys were wearing some party hats and Joshua was in the middle holding a cake.

 

 

Wait a minute…

 

 

“Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthdy Kwon Soonyoung… Happy Birthday to you…”

 

 

She felt tears forming. “You guys…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Happy Birthday Soonyoung!!!”

 

 

 

The boys comes up to her and greets her one by one.

 

“I can’t believe this. Is this why you guys were so happy when I left the dorm earlier?” She questions, still wiping the tears.

“Maybe. But for now make a wish Soon.” Wonwoo tells her.

 

She did as told and blows on the candles. Just then she felt someone smudge icing on her face. She turns to her right to see Junhui, with an obvious vanilla icing on his pointer. He didn’t even try to hide it and places the left over icing on her nose.

 

 

“Yah!” He smiles at her. “I’ll let it slide since I’m too happy right now.” She smiles as well.

 

 

“C’mon let’s eat! I’m starving already.” Seungkwan complains.

“Such a glutton you are Boo Seungkwan.” Seungcheol tsked.

“You are too hyung. Forgive me if I’m hungry.” Seungkwan sassed back.

 

“Calm down and let’s just eat.” Seokmin interjects.

 

Everybody starts to eat. It wasn’t anything special really just three boxes of pizza and 15 packs of ramyun, that’s all there was but they were enjoying that simple meal. Soonyoung smiles at s, he maybe a girl right now but it feels like nothing has change.

                         

 

 

                                                                                           

‘Dad you’re wrong. They really don’t see me as girl. It’s impossible for any of them to fall in love with me.’ She thinks.

 

 

 

 

“Hyu—Noona… You seem happy.” Soonyoung turns to face Chan who was currently talking to her. “Am I?” He nods. “Well I supposed since it’s my birthday it’s not unusual for me to be happy.” He nods again. “You’re right on that one.”

 

 

 

 

“I guess I was just thinking about my father’s words earlier.” She tells him.

“Why? What did he say?”

“Well he was just telling me on how to break the curse.”

“You found a way to break it.” Chan says in excitement.

“Well… I actually know how to break it but…”

 

“But what?” Hansol joins in on the conversation. “How do you break it?  How will you get back to normal?” He continues. By now the rest of the members stops whatever they’re doing and pays attention to Soonyoung waiting for an answer.

 

“The cliché. I have to fall in love with someone and that Someone has to fall in love with me both as a boy and a girl.” She tells them.

“That is cliché.” Minghao mentions.

“Yeah. But that’s not what I’m smiling about. I’m just thinking of my father’s words. He made some random comment earlier when I called.”

 

 

They waited for her to continue.

 

 

“He said that you guys would fall in love with me. Hahaha. Isn’t it funny? You falling for me? That’s the least likely thing to happen. Besides, you guys don’t even see me as girl. I’m just Soonyoung the guy to you.” She chuckles; not knowing her words had an impact on most if not all of them.

 

“Y-Yeah. You’re just Soonyoung.” Mingyu replies but he turns away cause he felt his cheeks flush.

 

 

 

 

‘Are you just Soonyoung to me? To us?’

 

 

 

The others had the same thought as Mingyu. Was Soonyoung really just Soonyoung to them or has something change since he became a girl. And it hasn’t even been 24 hours since he turned into one.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Later that night…

 

Soonyoung was a bit problematic since she hasn’t actually bought much clothes she could make do with her male clothes for sleeping and perhaps the others short or…boxers as sleeping shorts and she only bought a few female clothes mostly dresses so that she won’t really have a hard time in deciding what to wear. But the clothes weren’t the problem. Where was she going to sleep now that she was a girl?

She wasn’t actually the one whose feeling complicated about this but the other members specifically the three oldest and Jihoon was concern, the other just got dragged along.

 

 

 

“She could still stay in our room.” Junhui tells them.

“Jun… Soonyoung’s a girl. And half of the members belong to your room. We can’t let her stay in a room full of guys.” Seungcheol argues.

“Why not? Are you afraid she’d see us . He has seen us before you know. We’re not exactly discreet in this house.” Junhui argues back.

 

 

The rest went speechless, because Jun had a point.

 

 

“Well you’re right about that. But who knows. Maybe he had a change of reaction? Feeling? Whatever! along with his change of being a girl.” Seungcheol replies.

“But he’s still Soonyoung even if he is a girl now.” Seokmin adds.

 

 

Seungcheol sighs and looks at the other two 95 liners eyeing them for help.

 

 

“We get that he’ll probably be fine staying with you guys buts its not Soonyoung we’re concern about.” Jisoo starts.

“You guys might do something funny now that he’s a girl. And we’re just trying to make sure you don’t do anything stupid or erted.” Jeonghan continues. Saying it straight to the point.

“Are you accusing us as erts?” Seungkwan asks in offence.

“Let’s be honest here. We’re all guys, we have needs and even if Soonyoung is still Soonyoung we all know that that’s not exactly the full truth and having a female in the dorm won’t help our male needs.” Seungcheol explains.

“Our needs?” Seokmins questions.

“Are you sure you’re not pointing to yourself hyung?” Seungkwan asks.

“I said we. I know I have them too and so do you. Now shut up. This topic is getting embarrassing.” Seungcheol blushes.

“Well… okay then Cheol.” Jeonghan just smiles at him knowingly.

Jihoon rolls his eyes at all of them. “Look I think what they’re saying is we need a new room arrangement where Soonyoung gets a separate room from all of us, kapeesh?”

 

 

Everybody agrees.

 

 

“How about this… since Jisoo, Seokmin and Seungkwan hyung shares a room and there room is the smallest perhaps Soonyoung could stay there and the mentioned three could transfer to our room as well as Jeonghan hyung and the other’s room.” Chan suggests.

“That isn’t a bad idea.” Jihoon agrees. The rest of the members agrees as well and after a little argument on who gets to stay where they’ve all come to the conclusion that Joshua stays in Jeonghan’s and Seokmin and Seungkwan stays in the biggest room instead of Soonyoung.

 

 

“Guess the room’s going to get noisier now that two thirds of the gag trio is staying.” Wonwoo sighs.

“Don’t worry hyung. You’ll learn to enjoy our noise.” Seokmin jokes.

 

 

 

And in the midst of all of these Soonyoung was in one of the rooms listening to their conversation.

 

 

 

 

“Guess I really do have to change rooms. Oh well… I guess some things have change.” She sighs sadly and starts to take her newly bought stuff to BooSeokShua’s room now that she was going to stay there… alone.

 

 


A/N: yeah an update! and if you have questions their room arrangement is based on what they said on Weekly Idol, so here it is:

 

Original:

ROOM 1 - Performnace Unit + WonSol 

ROOM 2 - JiCheol + GyuHan

ROOM 3 - BooSeokShua

 

Rearrangement:

ROOM 1 - JunHaoChan + WonSol + BooSeok

ROOM 2 - JiHanCheol + JiGyu

ROOM 3 - Soonyoung (female)

 

I'll update if I can. But I won't make promises cause it varies withmy schedule of free time and ideas. 

-Kaye :3