Chapter 2

What's Happening?!

 

 


 

 

 

“I can’t believe this. A-Are you really Soonyoung-hyung?” Seungkwan asks still in disbelief.

Soonyoung places her coffee mug down. “In the flesh.” She says, even doing jazz hands for emphasis.

“B-But… Y-You’re a. You’re a—”

 

 

 

 

“A girl!!!” Seokmin finishes for Seungkwan.

 

 

 

“I can’t believe it! I won’t believe it!” Seungkwan rambles again. “You can’t be Soonyoung hyung even if you do look like him but more feminine looking. You’re too pretty!” He adds.

 

“I—Wait you think I’m pretty?” Soonyoung questions the younger.

Seungkwan turns red and walks away.

 

 

“Was it something I said?” She asks the remaining members who were still trying to process the situation.

 

 

 

“Are you really Soonyoung hyung?” Minghao asks her. She nods in reply. “Does this mean I have to call you noona now?” He adds. Soonyoung smiles at that but it was quickly gone as she stares at Jeonghan who was observing her thoroughly.

“Hmm…” The rest of the members awaits his next words. “Well she looks like Soonyoung in a feminine way. She speaks like him in a way and …” He suddenly approaches her and spuns her around, crouches near her left leg. He pulls her shirt up a bit revealing more skin and observed the back of her thigh.

 

 

 

“What are you doing?!” A chorus of boys’ questions.

Seungcheol and Jisoo quickly pulls Jeonghan away from Soonyoung, holding on to on him on either side. He just rolls his eyes at them.

 

 

 

“Relax will you. I was trying to confirm something.” He tells them. “And what exactly is it that you’re trying to confirm that you had to lowkey feel her up.” Seungcheol raises a brow at him.

“I was not—Ugh!” He shakes his head in disappointment at s thoughts. “I was simply checking if she has a birthmark on the back of her left thigh, like Soonyoung has before you guys so rudely pulled me away.” He explains. The two lets him go.

The rest of the boys were stunned into silence.

 

 

“And...” Junhui interrogates.

“She’s Soonyoung.” Jeonghan replies calmly.

 

 

All heads turn to her.

 

 

“I told you so.” She tells them.

 

 

---

 

 

Soonyoung was sitting on the couch, legs close and suddenly feeling small since 12 guys (Seungkwan ends up returning since he really wanted to confirm it) were staring her down.

 

 

“Uhm… Can you not look at me like that?” She asks nicely. Feeling shy by all the attention

“Oh sorry.” Seungcheol apologizes and the rest tries not to stare at her. “But… we do want to know what happened. Why are you girl? How did you become a girl?” He asks.

 

 

 

Soonyoung had no choice but to explain her situation to them (minus the falling in love.)

 

 

 

 

 

“Our family is curse.”

 

 

 

 

 

Gasps were heard.

 

 

 

“Some ancestor of mine dissed some old woman who turns out to be a witch, angering her and that resulted to our family lineage getting curse. Now all males turn female by the age of 21.” She sighs sadly.

“Wait! If you knew about your family’s curse then why didn’t you mention it before?” Hansol asks her.

 

 

Soonyoung blushes and bits her lower lip. “Honestly I was too embarrassed to tell anyone. I mean if I told you guys you would have taken it as a joke and even if you believe me it’s not exactly something to be proud of. Who wants to be a girl when they’re 21? Also… I never actually believed it even when my dad said that he’s been there as well. But now that it’s here, well I don’t know what to do.” She tells them.

They were baffled but seeing the proof right in front of their eyes, they just had no excuse to say she was joking around.

 

 

 

“Guys? I know this is weird. Trust me. I find this weird too but I don’t know how to get back to being myself.” Soonyoung pouts.

 

 

 

And the boys can’t deny but have their heartstrings tug at Soonyoung’s pouting face, she was too cute.

 

 

“Don’t worry Soon. We’ll help you out.” Joshua reassures her.

“Thanks hyung.” Soonyoung smiles at him.

 

 

And Joshua suddenly tenses hearing female Soonyoung call him hyung; when he really shouldn’t since Soonyoung always calls him hyung.

 

 

“Y-You’re welcome.”

 

 

 

 

“Joshua’s right! We’ll help you out Hosh.” Seungcheol announces. “Okay first things first. We need to research on how to turn Soonyoung back into male or anything about this situation. And secondly…” He looks at Soonyoung up and down. “We need clothes for you to wear, now that you’re female.”

“But for now we’ll have Myungho and Jihoon lend you clothes since it seems your clothes are too big for you and they’re the only ones close to your body size at the moment.” Seungcheol adds.

 

The mentioned didn’t even make a retort and just shrugs.

 

 

“Well we could do some shopping. We were planning on going to the supermarket later.” Seokmin mentions. “Soonyoung hyu- I mean noona..” holds his giggles. “Noona will have to come with us later.” He finishes.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Minghao speaks up.

Seokmin pouts. “Why not?”

“Seok. I’m a girl right now. If anybody sees you and me together they’ll think we’re… you know…” Soonyoung tells the younger.

“They’ll think we’re what?” Seokmin questions.

“Dating Seok. They’ll think we’re dating.” Soonyoung clarifies.

“But we’re not!” Seokmin answers back. The rest of the members groans at Seokmin’s slow uptake. He’s eyes widen in realization. “Oh!”

 

“Yeah Oh.” Myungho snarkily comments.

 

 

“I could buy the clothes myself, that way no rumors would spread. And don’t worry, I’d have no problem in choosing female clothing, thank goodness I have a sister.” Soonyoung reassures them.

“That settles it then. Family meeting adjourned but Wonwoo you have to help me out in finding possible cure for Soonyoung’s curse.” Seungcheol says.

“Okay.” Wonwoo replies.

 

And so the rest of the members spread to continue whatever they were doing, the rest going back to their rooms.

 

 

 

---

 

 

Soonyoung decides to enter the Jihoon-Seungcheol-Jeonghan-Mingyu room hoping she could borrow some clothes from Jihoon. She knocks before opening the door slightly, her head peeping. She sees a figure on Jihoon’s bed, smiles and enters.

 

 

 

“Hoonie…” She calls once she was near the lump that was Jihoon crawled in his bed.

“Mhmm.” Came the muffled reply.

“It’s me Soonyoung. You think I could borrow some of your clothes? This shirt is a bit too big for me now. Although now that I think of it is probably Jun’s shirt.”

 

 


“Closet.” Comes the reply from the lump (that is Jihoon).

“Okay thanks Jihoonie~” Soonyoung says and pats the lump.

 

 

 

Soonyoung went over to Seungcheol and Jihoon’s shared closet and started searching for some decent clothes to wear. Jihoon toss and turns from his bed until he was facing Soonyoung’s back.

He halts his movements and was left staring at the older girl’s figure. Even as a girl, Soonyoung had such a fit body. His eyes panic when he sees her raising her arms trying to reach something at the top shelf, most likely so since her shirt rose up a bit revealing her thighs. Jihoon quickly looks away, face heating up.

 

 

 

 

 

‘It’s just Soonyoung. It’s just Soonyoung.’ He chants to himself. ‘But dang! She’s got some effect on him.’

 

 

 

 

He turns around seeing that Soonyoung managed to get the clothes she needed. She turns to face him and smiles brightly at him.

 

“I got it. Thanks Hoonie.” She tells him before leaving.

 

He sight lingered on the door and he couldn’t help but feel odd. Female Soonyoung was definitely doing something to him. He fears Soonyoung might have some effect on the other members as well. Hopefully not…

 

 

---

 

 

Soonyoung decides to get some shopping done. And so did the other members.

 

                                                           

 

“Alright I’ll be out for a couple of hours or so. I’ll be back later. Don’t wait up for me.” She smiles at them.

“Oh but hyung.. I mean noona. Be back before dinner time.” Mingyu reminds her.

 

 

Soonyoung smiles at the younger and pats his cheeks. “Don’t worry. I won’t take that long.” Mingyu gapes at Soonyoung and felt heat rising up in his cheeks. She moves her hand away, making Mingyu pout from the lost of warmth and softness from Soonyoung’s hand.

 

 

“Alright guys. See you later!!!” And off she go.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Once Soonyoung was gone, Seungcheol huddles everyone up. “Okay guys, listen up! It’s Soonyoung’s birthday and even though we are in this predicament, that doesn’t mean we can’t still celebrate. And— Mingyu are you even listening?” The older calls the younger’s attention.

“Huh?” Mingyu turns to him. “Listen!” The older tells him. “Y-Yeah. Sorry Hyung.” The younger apologizes but lingers one more time by the door.

 

 

 

 

‘Why was he lingering for Soonyong’s presence? Why was he even staring in the first place? And why does he miss Soonyoung’s soft hand on his cheek even though it was a brief contact? What has Soonyoung done to him?’

 

 

 

 

“Mingyu..”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Stop zoning out will you. And focus. We’ve only got a few hours before Soonyoung’s return and we have to make this birthday memorable especially now that he’s a girl. Okay, that still sounds so weird.” Seungcheol tells.

“You’ll get used to it. Being thought of as a girl that is. After all I can relate.” Jeonghan adds.

“No need to shove it in our faces on how much you hated having the long hair hyung. Geesh!” Seungkwan side comments.

“I never said I hated it. Just that it was a hassle sometimes.” Jeonghan replies back.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Back to Soonyoung….

 

 

She did head to the mall to buy clothes but not before calling her parents about her current situation.

Her mother answered after the third ring.

 

 

“Hello..”

“Eomma… it’s me Soonyoung.”

 

 

The other line went silent for awhile before a reply was given.

 

 

“Soonyoung’s it’s your father. We we’re going to call you, but good thing you called instead.”

“Y-Yeah… Dad… It happened.”

“How are you coping?”

“Not so well. It feels so different and weird and odd and just you know…”

“Unexplainable and difficult?” Her father finishes.

“Yes. I don’t know what to do.”

“It’s only the beginning. You’ll get used to it.”

“I hope so… But what if I’m stuck like this forever? What if it takes time before I turn back to being a guy?”

“Well… I hope you’ll meet someone soon. I don’t even care if it’s a girl or a guy anymore, as long as you’re happy.”

“Well what if I can’t find anyone who’ll love me like this?”

“Someone will. Trust me.”

 

There was a brief silence.

 

“Dad? Will I stay as girl for the rest of my time?”

“No.”

“Hmm…”

“Basically… you’ll stay as girl until your birth month ends, which is pretty much 15 days left. Then you’ll stay as a guy for a whole week after your birth month ends. After that one week, that’s where all the craziness begins.”

“What happens after that one week?”

“You’ll have no control on when you’ll turn into a girl again. You could be a guy this minute then a girl the next second. Doesn’t really give you any warning and what’s worse you wouldn’t know how long you’ll stay as a girl or a guy. So it’s best if you bring extra clothes with you at all times. For precautions.”

“I see. That does sound crazy. But I guess I could live with it.”

“Of course you could. You’re a Kwon! But don’t force yourself to fall in love son, it’ll come when you least expect it.”

“Thanks Dad.”

“Well you better cause you’re mom’s literally in hysterics right now looking for some female clothes to give to you. I think she might send you a box full of em.”

 

Soonyoung laughs. “Well tell her thank you and not too send too much unless she wants to make the fans think that I’m dating someone.”

“Eh! Forget them. It’s your safety on the line here. By the way… does the rest of your groupmates know about your situation?”

“Yeah..”

“They didn’t took it too well?”

“Oh no they did. Just that… we’re adjusting for now.”

“Well be careful. You never know, one of them might just fall in love with the female Soonyoung.”He teases.

“That’s impossible Dad. They don’t see me as a girl.”

“Just be careful Soonyoung.”

“Yes Dad. Bye… I love you.”

“I love you too son. Take care.”

 

-end of call-

 

 

Soonyoung lets out a sigh and heads inside the mall. It’s time for him—her to go shopping, cause Jihoon’s shirt and Minghao’s shorts won’t suffice as her daily clothes.

 

 

“I guess I have to let my feminine side out. Let’s do this Soonyoung.” And with a flip of her hair, she enters various clothing stores with confidence and with limited budget.

 

 

 


A/N: So I don’t actually know if Soonyoung has a birthmark or not but again for the story’s sake let’s say (s)he does. And yep Soonyoung is a daddy’s boy girl.