Sunny Side Up!

Connected By Something Called Xenoglossy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey There... didn't expect an update huh? Me too! Ha... Pardon the super light editing and the errors that were left behind.

 

 

We fell asleep on the living-room couch. Somi latched onto me with the tightest koala grip a sleeping person could have. I'd woken a bit after 3 am with a slight headache and I chose to just bring Somi with me to my room, so we could both sleep for the rest of the night more comfortably. Honestly, I just laid in bed, eye bouncing between Somi and random things in my room. I was still confused about what happened earlier...

 

"What do you mean last day here?" She asks, taking my hand.

"I need to go back to Cana-"

"Hnng~" She cuts me off with a whine into my shirt.

"Somi, it's-"

"Nooo~" She interrupts again, pouting.

"Don't leave me~" Tears started to slowly fall and caught me off guard, despite being fairly buzzed.

 

I blanked out for what felt like a minute or two, but the next thing I knew, we were both on the couch, Somi asleep on me and I followed soon after.

Looking back down at Somi, I let out a quiet sigh.

"This girl, driving me crazy when she gets emotional..." I say in my head, tucking the few stray hairs behind her ear.

 

Sunrise

 

As we were eating breakfast, Somi seemed relatively back to normal to me...

 

Nice...

 

"Somi, I know it's last minute, I'm really sorry about that, but we still have the say ahead of us before I leave tonight."

 

"Tonight? Well, that means you're all mine today," She simply says, going back to her cereal.

 

"I mean, as long as I can still pack my stuff ahead, I'm all yours, babe," I wink in response.

 

Within an hour, we were at the cafe I took Somi for our first-month anniversary

 

"This is our first stop?" I ask, pulling my key from my motorcycle.

 

"I've been craving cake, so I chose this place!" She cheerily says, pulling me in.

 

"Uncle! It's nice to see you again!" I hug the middle-aged man who helped me and got closer to, ack then.

 

"Ah, Derek and Somi! How are you kids doing? Lovely little date today?" He unexpectedly asks cutely.

 

"Yes, I'm dragging Derek-oppa to all the places I want to visit before his flight, tonight!" Somi cheers.

 

"The entire day?! Well, you kids better make sure to eat and drink water, especially you, Derek," Uncle laughs.

 

"You're funny, Uncle!" I joke in response.

 

"Anyways, what do you kids want?" Uncle asks as we sat down at our favourite table.

 

"I'll take a slice of dark chocolate-strawberry cake and 3-mixed macarons!" Somi answers a bit too excitedly...

 

"Guess, I'll take a slice of the caramel-mocha cake... and... a large matcha frappuccino for the both of us," I answer.

 

"Alright, I'll get you two, a small snack while you wait," Uncle smiles as he tucks his notepad into the pocket of his apron.

 

As their elder leaves the couple, the two of them get back into their own world.

 

"Oppa... How long are you going to be back in Toronto for?"

 

"Maybe... 3 weeks the most? I'm not sure actually, I'm going back to clarify things and sign off some papers," I answer her.

 

"You don't know how long you'll be there for?

 

"Nope... I think by now, since my accident, my family probably knows what I've been doing since then..."

 

"You never told them?"

 

"I guess it went over my head... I've done a bunch of things in a short amount of time..."

 

"Do you think if they know about me, they'll like me?"

 

"They'll love you, babe, don't worry. My mom for sure will love you more than me when she meets you."

 

"What if... What if I just go with you?" She suddenly asks.

 

"School?"

 

"I don't think they mind if I tell them I'll be going away beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter