Days On Pass: Out and About?

Connected By Something Called Xenoglossy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Well, that last one was longer than I wanted it to be. Lol, here goes another attempt at writing just a little bit less for my own good!)

(Pardon mistakes again, fully finished this chapter, at almost 5 am and over a week of on-off writing)

 

 

 

TGIF... Well, Saturday actually...

 

Another thankful week pretty much over and I found myself still laying in bed in my weird as usual, dreamland. I need to stop reading and watching action filled things before sleeping, I get some weird dreams.

Outside of my dream world, everything was as normal as things could be normal. That also meant that anything that normal that could happen, might and will happen. I could only hope for the best that out of the normal, it stays pretty tame.

The warming July morning sun was breaching through the blinds over the windows in my room. I was still covered in my blanket, sprawled out on my stomach and my head turned facing the window. Outside of my room, the Douma family was enjoying their breakfast at home this Saturday, it's normal that they didn't wake me up on a Saturday and on top of my day off, they knew I'd be better through the day if I got a few more hours of sleep in me.

 

"Mom, can we wake up oppa this morning? I want him to eat with us~," Evelyn, the youngest of the Douma family asked.

 

"Let him sleep, Evelyn. you know how he can be when gets extra sleep." Her mother answered.

 

"Yeah! Can we?! Today is a day where Derek oppa and I both have the day free~" Somi asks excitedly.

 

"I'm not saying you can't wake him up, but don't blame your mother and I if he isn't very happy about being woken up." Their father told them.

 

Following his words, his wife looked at him, her face reading her thought of "really. just really?" and as soon as he saw her face, both daughters lept from their seats at the table to make way for my bedroom door, leaving their parents and their meals at the table. Waiting

 

"What? I think it'd be nice if Derek joined us for breakfast on his day off." Matthew says shrugging his shoulders.

 

"What am I going to do with you all?" She says with a little laugh.

 

Came in like a wrecking ball...

 

The two sisters had gotten to my door, smiling and giggling to whatever they had planned to do to wake me up from my slumber, only if I had woken up on my own... 

They slowly opened the door so they could first stick their heads into the room and assure that I was still asleep and an easy target for them. Once they had confirmed that I was still sleeping the morning away, they pounced. They made a break for my bed and jumped onto it, both exploding with some unfound morning energy to wake me up.

 

"WAKE UP!!!" They both yelled as they jumped on my bed.

 

They had even rolled me onto my back and started to rock my body side to side.

 

"Oppa~ wake up~ it's time to eat~" Evelyn called out as she started to jump on the bed.

 

"Yeah oppa! Wake up! Don't be lazy today! We can hang out today!" Somi cheered, as she joined her sister jumping.

 

I finally woke up, very surprised, but awake.

 

"What?! What's happening?!" I frantically ask as I shoot up being confused by the loudness and my bed shaking.

 

"Time to eat~," Evelyn says as she stops jumping to sit to my left and shakes my arm.

"Morning oppa~," Somi calls, doing the same as her sister but on my right.

 

"Morning girls..." I say to them, trying not to sound grumpy to them.

 

You've activated my trap card!

 

I laid back on the bed, taking the two sisters down with me, with my arms atop them, half keeping them from getting up.

 

"A little bit more, please girls?" I ask tiredly.

 

"It's time to eat~ not sleep more oppa~ come on~," Evelyn says as she lips from the bed and out of the room, leaving Somi and me

 

Seeing her sister leave the room and even close the door behind her, Somi saw the opportunity open to her. She went ahead to go and wrap her body around my own, clinging to me like a koala on a tree.

 

"Look at you, you wanted me to get up, and now you're latched on me." I joke.

 

"Shut up," Somi grumbles as she nooks her face into the crook of my neck.

 

I was a little shocked to feel her lips touching the side of my neck and her breaths from her against my skin.

 

"Whatever you say, Princess," I respond, turning onto my side, pulling Somi into my embrace, once more.

 

An hour had passed since Evelyn returned to the table, the three family members had breakfast without Somi and me. To her parents it was quite obvious she fell for my "trap" and convinced her to let me sleep in more. The two knew I'd almost win every single time Somi would try to wake me up early, which is partially why they don't try to anymore.

It was just an hour away from noon striking and it was then where Somi's parents woke us up from our extended hours of sleep for the day, they had told us we should go out and enjoy the day since it wasn't going to be that hot of a day.

 

Let's hit the road together today... matching!

 

"Where should we go, Princess?" I ask Somi who was just sitting up, rubbing her eyes awake. Cute.

 

"I think Seulgi unnie from Red Velvet said that she also got today free to me before," She tells me as she snaps photos of herself with my phone.

 

"Cool, as her if she wants to hang out with us, it's been a while since we've seen each other," I tell her, as I'd gotten up to my dresser to put on a black, white and gray checkered button up long sleeve.

 

"Okie dokie~" I see her type away into my phone.

 

Yes, Somi had access to my phone, I got her to be able to unlock my phone with her fingerprints. I do have the phone numbers of a few handfuls of idols numbers, most from the JYP family, others from just knowing Somi had I gotten their personal numbers from them. That's how I have Red Velvet's Seulgi and Wendy's phone numbers, it's always nice getting to connect with people Somi is close to in the industry.

 

"Seulgi unnie says that we can meet her and all the Red Velvet members at some cafe, she said she'll send the address," I heard Somi suddenly say as I was rolling my sleeves up to my elbow.

 

"Coolio, tell her we'll meet them there soon, you go and get changed yourself, babe," I tell Somi as I take my phone from her hands and she gets up from my bed.

 

"I wanna match with you oppa!" Somi beams a smile at me.

 

"Whatever you want to do Somi, why don't you wear that dark red checkered shirt? Don't forget to wear long pants and bring a long-sleeved thing, we're going to take my motorbike there." I tell her, giving her a peck on the lips as I finish.

 

"Alright oppa~ I'll be quick! Just wait for me in the living okay?" She hugs me before making a break to her room.

 

I quickly do a fast round of freshening up myself in my bathroom (hair, teeth, skin care, emptying the system) before making my way to the living room. As I round the corner into the room, I only find Somi's father sitting on the couch watching a variety show rerun on the flatscreen tv.

 

"So, where are you and Somi going this afternoon after all that sleep?" He jokingly says, nudging my arm.

 

"We're going to meet up with some of our idol friends at some cafe not too far away..." I tell him as I'd gotten distracted by the show playing.

 

"Well, I hope that cafe has good food since you two haven't eaten yet..." We had both gotten distracted by the show now, hah.

 

I was quickly taken back into the world, as my phone vibrated in the pocket of my pants. It was Seulgi, just a message of the address for the cafe. At that moment I realized that I hadn't changed out of my sweatpants and bolted back into my room to grab on a pair of the closest jeans, which happened to be my favourite pair of black jeans. Walking back into the living room with a change of pants, I took a seat beside Matthew.

 

"Haha, see, that's all that sleep getting to you." He knew I hadn't changed my pants earlier and didn't tell me.

 

"Shut up, I was... distracted," I tell him, slapping his chest lightly with the top of my hand.

 

"Whatever makes you feel better, Derek." He continued to laugh a little bit more before the show took his attention again.

 

Thinking I should warm up my motorbike, I grab my helmet and Somi's now customized helmet, from the closet in the wall by the door.

 

"I'm going down first to warm up my bike, tell Somi to meet me there," I announce to Matthew, whom I heard a muffled 'okay' from as I closed the door.

 

It was a fairly warm day, but the wind did make up for it with each breeze that came by. I made my way to my bike which was beside the family's car with a tarp covering it, to protect it from the elements. It was one of the things I did bother to keep as pristine and clean as it was one of my precious belongings.

Turning the key in the ignition, I heard it roar to life, a few visible puffs of exhaust smoke bellowed out before it became invisible vapours. I pulled the throttle back gently a few times to get the engine really ready to run. The sound of the engine starting never got old to me, I could from it, every little thing that built it to bring it to life.

As I was looking over the bike, I heard the door open and Somi stepping out. She had chosen to wear tattered blue jeans, beige high top Van's and the dark red checkered shirt I told her to wear. I also recognized one of my zip-up hoodies bundled up under her left arm and a small red leather backpack hanging off her right shoulder. As this second, I thought, man, are we a good looking matching couple today. To her, I must have looked like a giggling idiot watching her make her way in front of me.

 

"Oppa, I get that I'm super beautiful and all that, but you ready to go?" She asks me as she over dramatically flips her hair to one side.

 

"Yeah, I just need to quickly grab something from my room," I tell her as I sprint back inside. Moments later I sprint back to her, quickly putting the snapback cap I grabbed, into her backpack.

 

"Don't worry about it, it's for later," I tell her. I handed her, her helmet as she managed to put it on without my help this time. I rolled my motorbike past the gates in front of the house as Somi followed me. Putting my own helmet on, I close the gates once again as I pulled my gloves out of my pocket that I thankfully left in my jeans.

 

"Ready now?" she asks.

 

"Ready," I tell her, as I get on the motorbike. I watch carefully as Somi gets on behind me, noticing that she had put on the hoodie before getting on.

 

I see her nod her head to me, a motion telling me she was good to go as well. Taking that note, I push back the kickstand with my left foot as I set the bike into gear and giving the engine power as it started to speed its way up the road.

 

The freedom of the road greets us again.

 

Today is the third time I've had Somi ride with me on my motorcycle, whenever we would meet somewhere, either her manager or her dad was with her driving her there. She's still a little nervous about taking it when we go out, but she's opening up to riding with me, she's been enjoying the feeling of riding a motorcycle more and more. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter