Hot Summer Nights

Connected By Something Called Xenoglossy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Well... hey there.... whoever is still lingering around for this... Sorry about the LONG AF wait...  Don't fret! I've slowly been writing notes for this chapter and what will come up next so I'm not completely clueless)

(Also... sorry for mistakes you might come across while reading)

 

Time Lapse

 

After just over an hour Chungha noona and I made our way back to the JYP Ent building from the cafe.

 

"So what's Somi doing today? What kind of schedule does she have today?" Chungha asks as we settle at a table in the building's lobby.

 

"To be honest, I don't what she's doing today, I don't follow her schedules unless she tells more or we plan something. I did see her this morning during breakfast," I answer her as I rest my arm on the table and prop my head in the palm of my hand.

 

"I would have thought that you two would tell each other everything that's happening during each of your days."

 

"That's a little overboard noona, it'd make us both seem super obsessed with each other. Plus it's not that healthy for any relationship if we tell each other EVERY SINGLE THING that we're doing in the day. Just imagine how much trouble it'd be on yourself and the other person."

 

"You talk like you've got experience in this category mister," She raises a brow at me.

 

"Well I mean like, dating isn't the only thing that falls under this. Friends and family count, if everyone knows what every other person is doing, there isn't really freedom of mind? It wouldn't be fun at all if we told everyone around us what we were doing for the day, it'd be tiring," I reply, puffing my cheeks a few times.

 

"I guess that's fair to say. You've got the soul of someone who's lived their life already, maybe twice even," She tells me, a warm smile grows on her face.

 

"It's not hard to see or say these things when you've lived to at the edge of your life and just turn around," I respond, a small smile growing on myself.

 

"What? You're only 20, but you really talk like you're in your 70's..." She starts to trail...

 

"I almost stopped at 18..." I say quietly.

 

"What do you mean- Oh my god..." I could see the lines all connecting in her brain show on her face. "Are you alright?! Does Somi know about this?!" She asks out of concern. I couldn't blame her.

 

"You're the first person here in Korea to know... If she ever asks or the topic shows up I'll tell her. I don't want to worry her too much about something I've grown past from now," I reassure her.

 

"If you ever need anyone, you know I'll always be there to answer," She takes my free hand into her own hands, squeezing ever so lightly.

 

"Noona, don't worry about me. At best I get a little down now and then, it's just something I've learned to live with," I continue with a smile on my face.

 

As is if, on cue, my phone furiously started to vibrate on the table getting our attention.

 

"What the heck?!" Chungha asks laughing.

 

"I have no idea... Must be important for them to set off my phone for so long," I answer as I pick up my phone and flip the cover of the case that's on it. Opening it, I saw that it was just a bunch of messages from my manager.

"Ah, it's just my manager noona, I wonder what's gotten into her to send so many messages..."  I tap the notification bar to open her messages...

 

"Is something wrong?" 

 

I turn the phone to show her the contents of the messages. Two lunchboxes and a little message that was written on a Post-It note, done by her husband. She was totally just showing off to me, this noona is hilarious!

 

"She's insane! Ah, I love my manager!" I say through my laughter

 

"You're not any more different with Somi young man," Chungha jokes at me.

 

"Blah, blah~" I childishly retort.

 

"Oh, shut it!" Her face contorts.

 

"You're just jealous of us, right?" I , wanting to push her buttons.

 

As if on queue, I hear a voice call out my name from the other side of the lobby. It was one of the receptionists saying that I needed to go to one of the meeting rooms. It wasn't the vaguest thing ever, but I wasn't surprised that something like a last-minute meeting was planned.

 

Playing With Fire

 

Even before entering the room, I could see through the glass beside the door, nobody I could see was in the room... Maybe they wanted me there first? Along the sides of the rectangular table, all the tall leather office chairs faced towards it, except the farthest one... Oh boy... I should've seen this one coming a mile away...

 

Closing the door behind, hearing the click of the lock, the furthest chair started to turn.

 

"Derek oppa, mind explaining these pictures of you and Chungha unnie?" Somi's cold voice asked me from the seat as it was turning, her phone in hand.

 

"What kind of photos?..." I trail, hoping she wouldn't explode on me.

 

I heard her click her tongue a few times before speaking.

 

"You two seem to be really close in these photos, should I be concerned about it, oppa?" She asks as she places her phone down.

 

At this point, I took a seat with one of the chairs between the two of us... Just in case.

 

"A little too close don't y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter