Chapter 5: They’re Okay

Shh..... Its a Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

I ran to the door and started barking and scratching at it. One of them must of heard me since I felt arms lifting me up and the door opening. I looked at the person who picked me up, it was Sunny. She took me to her car and drove off, probably to the hospital. 

“Don’t worry Jessica. She’ll be okay. Krystal’s a strong girl.” She  tried to reassure me even though she was scared herself. 

“I-I hope so.” I answered as I turned back into my human form. 

We got to the hospital after a few minutes on the raod. I didn’t wait for Sunny to park properly and just got out the car and ran into the hospital. 

As I entered, I saw Krystal in a stretcher headed to one of the surgery rooms. I ran to her side before she entered the room. 

“Don’t you dare die on me Krystal Jung Soojung!” I yelled to her in English. 

“Do you hear me! You’re a Jung! Please... Don’t leave me...” I said to her as they took her inside the room. 

I stayed in front of the door until Sunny came up with a nurse next to her. I just looked at them with a blank expression on my face. 

Then everything just went blank. 

Sunny’s POV

Jessica got out the car before I even parked properly. Once I did, I ran into the hospital just as she did. Then I went to the receptionist and asked her about Krystal. I told her my relationship with her then she told me that Krystal was just transferred into the surgery room. I asked her where it was and she told me the direction. She also asked one of the nurses to me there just in case. 

I got there and I saw Jessica standing at the entrance of the room. I ran up to her with the nurse and she just looked at us with that blank expression of hers.

Then she suddenly collapsed. Luckily, Taeyeon caught her before she hit the ground. I don’t know when Taeyeon arrived but it’s good that he arrived now and not a few seconds later. 

The nurse called for help and they took Jessica into a room. The doctor examined her and told us that she collapsed because of stress and her anemic illness. Mostly her illness though. 

Taeyeon was standing next to her bed and just looked at her with a worried expression on his face. Sooyoung, who came out of nowhere, was standing next to me and just looked at both of them. 

“Both of the siblings are laying in a hospital bed in one day. One’s getting surgery while one just collapsed because of her illness. Ha. Can this day get any worse?” He asked. 

“Hey at least Jessica’s not hurt that badly. If Taeyeon didn’t show up then her condition would of beenmuch worse.” 

“True. Hey how are you holding up, Sunny?” He turned his body to me and asked with the same worried expression as Taeyeon. 

“I’m..... okay. I guess. Hearing the news about Krystal and now Jessica. I don’t know. I feel scared, frightened, worried, and other emotions I can’t describe.” He embraced me and patted my head gently. 

“I’m sorry.” He said. 

“Why are you apologizing?” I asked as I wrapped my arms around his waist, placed my chin onto his chest looking into his eyes.

“You’re here trying to figure things out on your own while I’m here doing nothing to help.” He answered as he looked back at me and started rocking our bodies side to side. 

I smiled and nuzzled my nose onto his chest. “You being here is already enough for me.” 

I feel his body tense up a bit then relax. He placed his chin on the crown of my head and asked me something as his heart started beating faster.

“Hey ,Sunny.” 

“Hmm.” 

“If I asked you out on a date what would you say?” 

“Wae? Are you gonna ask me out right now?” I with aegyo coating my voice as I lifted my head and looked at him with a teasing smile on my lips. 

“I-I—.” He stuttered as his cheeks reddened by the second. 

I giggled and gave his lips a quick peck. “You’re so cute you know. Maybe once everything’s cleared up you can take me out someplace.” I said as I placed my head back onto his chest and looked at the sleeping Jessica and the standing Taeyeon near her. 

“Do you think he’ll confess to her later?” He asked me once he was out of his confused trance. 

“Maybe. Hey you beat him though. You confessed, well not really, first before he did.” I said as I smiled at him. 

“You want me to confess properly don’t you ,Sunkyu-ah.” He asked as he looked at me with his eyebrows raised and a lopsided smile. 

I nodded like a child and smiled at him. “Yup. Maybe later though. You know, when you finally take me out properly.” I said as I giggled at the face he was making. 

“I’ll make sure you won’t ever forget that day.” He said as he gave me one of his rare eye smiles. 

Then we turned our attention to Taeyeon and Jessica. “I think he’s been staring at her for about 30 minutes now. Should we distract him from his trance or no?” 

“Let’s just give him a chair to sit on then check up on Krystal since he’ll surely stay here with her.” I said as I got out of his embrace and patted him on the back, signaling him to get a chair. He nodded his head nad walked off to get the chair and give it to Taeyeon. 

He patted Taeyeon’s shoulder and told him to sit down. It looked likehe told him that we were gonna go check up on the other Jung. Then he patted his shoulder once more and walked up to me. 

He smiled at me and intertwined our fingers. “Let’ Go?” 

I smiled and nodded my head. We left the room and walked off to the receptionist to ask her about Krystal’s condition. 

Taeyeon’s POV

The two left and it was just me and Jessica. I wonder when she got here. She still looks as beautiful as ever, maybe ever more than before. The doctor said she’ll be okay but I’m still worried about her. 

I hope Krystal’s okay too. Since I found Jessica and Sunny standing in front of trhe surgery room, then I guess they brought Krystal into the room as soon as they got her here. 

“We haven’t met each other in 3 years and this is how we meet huh?” I said to no one in particular. 

I stared at her facial features one by one. Starting from her puffy cheeks, to her cute nose, then to her luscious lips, and finally her eyes that seemed to stare back at me. 

...

...

...

...wait...

...she’s staring right

Please log in to read the full chapter