001

"Sae" It With This Love Song

ย 

๐Ÿšบ๐Ÿšบ๐Ÿšบ

Being an independent singer/songwriter is a pretty difficult life. Promoting myself is difficult considering there is no interest in nobody's; especially one who isn't with a popular label. Most times I post songs, mine or covers, on YouTube to gain a fanbase of sorts. I has a few thousand subscribers, but didn't think it really meant anything.

There was one subscriber who seemed to comment on most, if not all, my videos. Simple things like, โ€œAnother amazing cover/song! Keep at it!โ€ Not going to lie, I always looked forward to their comment after posting a video. It really kept me motivated.

They soon asked to meet in person. In one of their comments they mentioned they lived in Seoul, so I knew we were in the same area, which I would have never guessed. I agreed, but only in a public area, so I suggested a popular cafe in the heart of the city.

D-day came and I got really nervous. I sipped my lychee smoothie and thought about this person. Knowing it was a guy by some of the comments, I couldn't help but imagine what heโ€™d look like. Handsome? Typical? Nerdy? Trendy?

Gosh I need to stop being so shallow. I shook my head.

โ€œ[insert imaginary YouTube name]?โ€

I looked up to the deep voice and raised my eyebrow when I saw a guy with a hoodie and glasses.

โ€œmtg_7?โ€ I ask skeptically.

He nods with a smile. โ€œSorry I have to look like this. I have to hide my face from the public.โ€ He said lowly while sitting across from me.

I wanted to laugh and I guess it showed since he flashed another cute smile, looking a little embarrassed.

โ€œYeah, Iโ€™m sure you don't believe me huh?โ€

I shrugged not really knowing what to say.

โ€œI mean what would you think if one of your profile pic-less subscribers wanted to meet in person and when you get to finally meet them in person they tell you theyโ€™re too famous to show you their face?โ€

He chuckled at my answer.

โ€œI know. And I did, but then you suggested this place. And props to you for agreeing to meet a stranger, especially in a public area.โ€ He leaned toward and smirked. โ€œBut you really don't want to be seen with me in public.โ€ He leaned back quickly as I thought about what he said.

โ€œCโ€™mon, follow me.โ€ He said suddenly and soon his seat was empty.

โ€œWhere are we going?โ€ I quickly picked up my bag and drink to follow.

โ€œJust follow me.โ€ He smiled.

Gosh. I could just look at his smile all day. I had to blink to come back to reality.

He started slowing down when we got to a park. There were some families, but it was getting dark, so not too many. I looked around with a questionable expression.