Plans.

Gunmetal

Irene.

 

I quickly complied, letting him take me to his car. 

 

He entered the driver's seat after me, quickly turning the engine on. He brushed a hand through his hair, and bit his lip in thought. I pondered to myself what he could possibly be thinking that would make him so anxious. 

 

He began to drive quickly. Trees and buildings would whiz by in a blur, so many that I couldn't recognize where we were after a while. During this time, Taemin seemingly grew increasingly more anxious, hitting his palm against the wheel whenever a stop would come or a car would cut him in the lane. I began to observe him in wonder, he was quite a hard character to analyze. After spending so many years analyzing criminals, I would think that I would be able to read him in an instant; however, Taemin was a different matter. He was so wild, spontaneous. Whatever he seemed to do was out-there, un-thinkable, and odd. One second he would be calm, the other he could be like a wild animal. 

 

"Taemin...What are you?" I whispered under my breath, still thoroughly observing his features. 

 

Taemin pursed his lips in confusion to my sudden question, 
"What do you mean?"

 

I didn't know how to respond. How could I answer that? 

 

What's wrong with you?

Didn't sound right.

 

Why do you act like you do?
Didn't either.

 

"You seem very...spontaneous..."

It's hard to read you.

I thought to myself.

 

Taemin didn't answer, and we sat in silence as he drove. I began to worry that I said the wrong thing, and also become a bit scared as I wondered what could happen to me if he began to hate me. 

 

After about 40 minutes, Taemin finally began to stop the car. He turned towards me finally, and began to speak.

"About your question," He stopped to tentatively his lips, "I'm weird, I guess."

 

I blinked at him twice, not understanding what he was implying at. 

 

"I have a lot of disorders I guess...It's bipolar disorder and depression, both at a severe." 

He began to take the keys out of his car, "It's fine. I just get worked up sometimes."

 

Without another word, he stepped out of the vehicle, motioning for me to follow him. 

We were at a secluded area in the woods, yet again. Taemin began to walk deeper into the snowy forest, and I followed right behind him, using my hand to grip onto the back of his jacket.  As we walked farther in, I began to see the shape of a small house in the distance. 

 

"Taemin...Where are you taking me?"

I whispered, as I began to be able to see the detailing of the house. 

 

It was a beautiful home, simple design on the outside, painted white like the snow, and looked about one story in height. 

 

"My home, Irene." 

 

He unlocked the door and ushered me inside. When I stepped in, I was immediately welcomed by warmth and hit with the familiar smell of cedar. The interior was just as simple and beautiful as the outside, with the color scheme being light brown, white, and grey. There was a fireplace that crackled with life as it filled into our ears like music, and the couches were velvet and soft. It was a cozy home. 

 

I ran my finger across the soft fabric of the couch and began to ask,

"So...Why did you bring me here?" 

 

Taemin came over to me, placing both of his hands on each side of my hips. He slowly got me to lean against the couch, his eyes staring hard into my own. 

"Please work with me. I can't stop thinking about you...I was never the time to have emotion, Irene.  And for the first time in forever, I can actually feel something. It's so ing odd and I can't figure it out, but you can't just leave my sight before I do."

His voice trembled for a moment, and I could sense the desperation in his voice. I could feel his presence convincing me again, the hypnosis of his eyes bringing my rationality to sleep.

 

Much like the twisted story of how the Joker and Harleen Francis Quinzel. 

Of how she fell under the spell of the sociopath Joker,

I, too, began to fall for the hypnosis of Taemin. 

How she went from a psychiatrist to following him to the life of crime, 

I began to lose sight of my past and where I came from. 

 

and so from that moment forth,

against that velvet couch and under the roof of a secluded home,

began the story of,

the Joker and Harley Quinn.