Quicksilver.

Gunmetal

IRENE

 

With his soft lips brushing against my ear, he whispered,

“Who are you.”

 

“Choi Irene.” I murmured, my eyelids fluttering.

 

He leaned back and scanned me from beneath his dark lashes, biting his lip lightly in thought. I saw his gaze rest on my police badge that started to stick out of my pocket. His mood shifted as he began to recognize my name,

 

“Who are you, Irene.”

 

He took the badge out of my pocket, reading the police credentials and my position in the Seoul Department of Public Safety. His hand ran through his jet-black hair, I watched his bangs fall messily over his eyes again. He furrowed his brows, adjusting his crinkled shirt.

 

“.”

 

He his heel and began to sprint. Without even thinking I yelled,

 

“No wait! I won’t say anything today.”

 

I didn’t know what the hell came over me at that second, but I wanted him to stay close to me. I didn’t want to lose sight of him, at that moment, I forgot about my job.

 

He paused. He came back towards me, taking my chin with his thumb and forefinger, angling my face up to make eye contact with him.

 

“I’ll find you, Choi Irene.”

 

With that he turned and dashed away, disappearing before my eyes. Just as fast as he stole my heart, he was gone. He was like quicksilver.

 

+++++

 

TAEMIN

 

It was something about her. There was a burning fire within her that I couldn’t pinpoint, it tasted of passion and a yearning to prove herself. I do not know why I had suddenly kissed her. I lost sight of what I needed to do, and when I saw her police badge, I knew I had ed up.

 

I couldn’t fall for one of my biggest threats. Her name was familiar, she is the most skilled in her craft. She could have everything about me revealed.

 

But still, I wasn’t able to resist her.

 

As I finished my mission and brought the needed man up to the company for the Boss, my mind was still running with the thought of Irene.

 

“Wonderful job, Taemin-shi.”

 

The manager handed me an envelope,

“Here’s your first payment for the mission.”

 

I took the envelope and looked inside, I swallowed hard. Inside was $10,000 dollars worth of cash, that job wasn’t morally correct; however, it paid very well, enough for me to pay for my mother’s fees quickly.

 

“Thank you.”

 

+++++

 

IRENE

 

“Irene, I think someone’s at the front for you?”

 

Jinki’s forehead wrinkled in confusion as he gestured towards the front desk.

 

I frowned and wondered to myself who it could possibly be. I cleaned up my office’s files and headed towards the front with my police folder, thinking a victim/client was here for my work.

 

Suddenly I gasped. My folder dropped to the ground with a loud thud, and papers fell out of it like feathers. The color drained from my face as I saw who had visited me.

 

Taemin.

 

Jinki was behind me, confused at the man before me. He went down to help pick up my files as I stood there, frozen. Taemin was there, standing in front of me. His hair messily black and over his eyes as usual, his skin a perfect alabaster in the morning light. He wore a clean white button-up shirt, crisp black slacks. His fingers were heavy with silver rings, and his ears were adorned with silver studs.

 

“Can we speak for a minute Irene?”

 

His smooth voice melted into my ears like chocolate, and I nod my head in a daze. I mouthed a “sorry!” to a very confused Jinki, and took Taemin outside.

 

++++++

 

“Did you need to talk to me?”

 

We stood behind my office building. The chilly air cooling the growing heat between us and the blush that colored my cheeks.

 

“Irene. I’m confused about you.”

 

Taemin ran his fingers through his hair that glistened in the light, his brows furrowed in worry.

 

“What do you mean, Taemin? We’ve met once.”

 

“...I don’t even know why I’m here Irene. I couldn’t get you off of my mind.”

 

His face was gentler in the morning light than it was in the shadows of the forest. His cheekbones were high, structuring his face like a king’s. His eyes looked kind, yet fierce at the same time. My eyes trailed down and rested upon his full lips, they were a pale pink; I also noted that he tended to bite his lip when he was deep in thought.

 

“I don’t think the both of us should be talking like this, I barely know you.”

 

In contrast to what my words said, I began to get closer to him. He kept a deep gaze into my eyes,

 

“Work with me.”

 

I blinked in confusion, “I don’t understand what you're saying.”

 

“Work with me, Irene.” He came a dangerous two inches away from my face, his warmth radiating on my cold skin, giving me goosebumps. “With you and me, we can make the greatest duo.”

 

I took a step back, the offer was too much for me to handle at that moment.

 

“I know you want to, Irene.”

 

He whispered into my ear, sending chills down my spine. I could feel him hypnotizing me again, persuading me with the tone of his voice. I shook my head to get out of my trance, I couldn’t throw my job away like that.

 

“I’ll…” I avoided Taemin’s tempting gaze, “I’ll have to think about it.”

 

He came closer to me once again, so close that if I leaned one degree forward, our noses would touch. My eyes followed his lips as he gave me a crooked smile, the tip of his tongue snaking out to his top lip. I knew he was trying to sway me, convince me with his aura again. He angled his head to where his lips were barely brushing against my own, whispering,

 

“I know you long to have some excitement in your life.”

 

Uncontrollably, I closed the gap between us. I began to move my lips against his, and I could feel his mouth smirking in surprise as they took the lead almost instantly. The force of the kiss caused me to step back until I was against the wall of the office.  

 

His hands wandered down my back, slowly tracing its way to my hair. He pulled at it, causing me to inhale sharply in surprise. My mind turned to fire and warmth rushed throughout my body against the cold winter air around me.

 

His kisses were both my saving grace and utter torment. The kiss was burning with lust and hunger, with a gasp of desperation punctuating every minute that passed.  

 

We stayed there like that, against the office wall and the 40 degree weather, for what felt like forever.

 

Taemin was the first to pull away, his pink lips slightly swollen from the kiss. He took my hand and started to take me to his car.

 

“I can’t do this anymore, Irene.”

 

I tried to skid my feet to stop Taemin from taking me where he wanted to. I sputtered in shock,

 

“What are you doing?”

 

He turned towards me, his eyes full of darkness and desire.

 

“I need to take you somewhere other than here. I’m not going to kidnap you if you are thinking of anything like that.”

 

Without another word, I quietly complied, letting him take me to his car.

 

+++++

Hey y'all!

This is author-nim, sorry for taking so long to update ;-; I had a whole flurry of exams this new semester but  I am back in the game! I hope you guys enjoyed this second steamy moment ;)

-xoxo

Exoexoverdose