He's gone

A Krisho Drabble

Okay, soooo i was on another site where i read this really cool historical krisho drabble and i wanted to write in another characters perspective (it gon be kim yerim as junmyeon's sister ok?), so here it is. 

P.S, I'll leave the link at the end of the chapter if any of y'all wanna check it out. 

-

Yerim trudged through the snow aboard her horse, along with her a few of her guards. She was returning home for her father's funeral, but with the weather, Yerim wasn't sure she would make it. Come, on Yuki. Help me get there in time. 

Yuki, her white horse, was given as a gift from her father for her twentieth birthday. The late emperor always treated her with respect, Yerim being the only daughter of his. When she found out the news of his death, Yerim cried, feeling that her tears would never stop. 

Yerim knew that he was eventually going to pass soon, but she wished it weren't when she was away. She wished she could have been there to hear his last words, hold his hand one last time and kiss his forehead just as she did every time she bid him goodbye.

At this time tomorrow, Yerim knew she would have arrived at the palace. She both relished and dreaded arriving there. She knew that as soon as she would reach the palace gates, she would start crying, and Yerim didn't want to be seen as weak or too affectionate as a princess who mourned for her father. 

The emperor's family were never meant to show too much affection towards each other, as their royal duties and titles stood in the way of it. But Yerim never did care too much for royal protocol, and neither did her father. 

Of course, they were discreet in public, but within the palace walls their family was as normal as could be. Yerim was the youngest of the five Kim siblings. The oldest being Minseok followed by Jongdae, Jongin and Junmyeon. 

Yerim and Junmyeon got along quite well, being very close in age. The two enjoyed playing in the mountains together, especially during this winter season. Oh how Yerim wished to be in the comfort of her brother. 

After camping through the night and setting off on their stallions, Yerim could see the city on the horizon. She was filled with giddiness along with grief of what was to follow. As they neared the palace, Yerim could tell that something was definitely wrong. 

Outside the palace gates, two guards were found dead and loose horses were trailing around wordlessly. Ignoring the shouts of her guards and fellow travellers, Yerim jumped off of Yuki and grabbed her sword, running into her home. 

As she trailed the corridors, Yerim found dead bodies, many of which she recognised to be council members. What was going on? 

Running blindly into a another corridor, Yerim bumped into someone, losing her balance. Luckily, she was held at bay, someone gripping her shoulders. 

"Yerim? What are you doing here?" It was Jongdae. He was panting as if he had been running and his face was flushed.

"I was called for father's funeral. What's happening here? Why are all the council members dead?" Yerim asked, eyes wide with fear. 

"He, he's here. He's come to kill them all, I-...I--" 

"Where is he?" A voice boomed from the end of the hallway, and Yerim felt it burning through her bones with fear. 

Jongdae turned and Yerim had a full sight of the owner of the voice. It was a tall brooding male, blood staining his clothes, and sword in his hand and his chest pumping up and down with anger. 

"He's dead!" Jongdae yelled back and Yerim looked at him. There were tears in his eyes as he spat the words. "He's gone!" And saying that, Jongdae sunk to his knees, his head on the ground. He then started banging his fists on the ground, yelling. "He's not coming back! He's not...he's not here! Just...just, go back! You're wasting your time." 

Yerim looked back and forth between the blazing stranger and her grief stricken brother. Was this man a friend of her father's? Yerim, unsure of what to do, held her sword out with trembling fingers. "Wh-who are you? Why are you here?" 

The man didn't answer her. Instead, he walked closer. Despite all the armour and weapons he sported, Yerim didn't move. She wasn't scared of him. Maybe she was scare of why he was there. "Why are you here?" She asked again, trying to sound aggressive, but it was much to her dismail. 

He stopped just a metre away from her and he squinted, tilting his head. "You...you...you look just like him. You're his sister aren't you?" 

Yerim looked at him. His eyes were bloodshot, screaming with pain grief and anger. Just what had happened to him? "I'm Kim Yerim, fifth and only daughter of the late emperor of Hanguk. Who are you?" 

The man gave her a smile. "You were close with him weren't you?" 

Yerim frowned. Was he referring to her desceased father? "W-What are you saying?"

"I can see him in you." 

"Stop!" Yerim had had enough. She stood firmer, pointing her sword at him. "I asked who you are and what you are doing here in the palace? Did you kill those men?" She shrieked, angry. Why was he talking to her this way? Why was he talking to her as if he knew her personally?

The man sighed. "I am general Wu, admiral of the Chinese Army." Yerim shook with fear at the name. But the fear immediately turned to surprise when she saw him take to one knee. "I came to bid your brother a farewell." 

"And what brother of mine is that? Why were you bidding him your farewells? To where was he going?" 

The man looked stricken and he swallowed before answering, as if saying the next words were the most painful thing in the universe. Looking Yerim straight in the eyes he said. "The 4th prince of Hanguk...Kim Junmyeon." 

"I asked you where he went!" 

"....he has now joined your father in the heavens." 

"No!" Yerim shouted. "That's completely and utterly false!" 

She jerked her sword forward, "You're lying! You're lying--"

"It's true younger sister. It's all true." Yerim felt a hand on her shoulder, and slowly, she turned. It was Minseok her oldest brother and king of Hanguk. 

She could feel the tears coming to her eyes. "Please." She pleaded. "Tell me he's lying! Tell me Minseok!" 

Minseok just shook his head looking down. "I wish I could comply to your commands. But I cannot." 

And at that Yerim screamed, letting everything out. 

-

-

Yerim didn't go to the funeral. She was tired of funerals. First her father and now her brother. Who was next? She laughed bitterly taking another swig of the spiteful concoctions. She knew Minseok was going to give her a mouthful when she next saw him, but she couldn't care less. 

She didn't care about anything anymore. 

Not even the dead council members. They deserved it, she thought bitterly. After downing the first bottle, Yerim reahced for the next one, but someone else beat her to it. She looked up, irritated. In front of her was Yifan, eyes bloodshot as before and deep bags underneath them. 

"Aren't you supposed to be at your deseaced lover's funeral?" 

"I didn't get an invite." 

"I wonder why." Yerim scoffed. "Feel free to use mine." How were they managing to joke in a situation like this?

Yifan shook his head. "No thank you, your higness. I'd rather not go to the funeral of an apparent traitor."

"Come here to drink with me or what then?" Yerim deadpanned. 

"Actually, yes." Plonking himself next to her, he took a swig of the ceramic jug before passing it back to Yerim. 

"What information did he leak to you?" Yerim asked, surprising herself. Since when was she so interested in politics?

"None." The general replied in a just as dead tone. "But he sent the most heartfelt letters." 

Yerimi scoffed. "He always was talking to me of romantic fantasies, but I failed to realize he was actually living one. Who would've thought aye?" She took another swig. "The 4th prince and the enemies admiral. What a fine match. Would make for a great tale." She said sarcastically.

She knew she was being insensitive, but she couldn't stop herself. She was half-drunk anyway.

"He was the most beautiful man I'd ever come to lay my eyes upon. Truly." Yifan stated.

Yerim nodded, closing her eyes. "He was a good brother. I am glad that he ended up loving someone who loved him just as much." Yerim turned to Yifan, who was looking right into her eyes. "Thank you. For avenging his death. For not letting him die in vain."

Yifan knew what she was really trying to say. She was thanking him for killing the council members, even if it was out of blind anger.

A tear slipped from her eyes, but Yerim didn't stop it. She wasn't embarrassed to be crying in front of Yifan. She sort of understood how her brother came to love such a man. He was comforting yet intimidating at the same time. "I can see why he loved you so, General Wu." 

"And I can see why he cherished his younger sister so much. You two are very alike. In fact, he mentioned you often in his letters to me. He always said that we would get along well." 

"I'm touched." Yerim said devoid of emotion. She didn't know herself if she was being sincere or not. 

-

-

A/n: I'm sorry this is a mess isn't it?

 

Here's the link! --> http://archiveofourown.org/works/10774620/chapters/24147516