BONUS 1

지금, 우리 (Now, We)

He’s warm and extremely comfortable, snuggled in his blanket but something is touching his shoulder, trying to rouse him from his sleep.

 

“Baek, we need to get up.”

 

“Hmmph,” That’s the most articulate response he can come up with at the moment. He cracks his eyes open and sees Chanyeol looking down at him.

 

“We fell asleep last night, it’s time to get ready for class,” He runs his fingers through Baekhyun’s hair. “Gosh, you look so cute right now. I never thought I would get to see this, you having just woken up in bed.”

 

“Do you always do you inner monologues outwardly, or am I just special?” Baekhyun sits up and stretched his arms.

 

Chanyeol laughs, “Yes, you are. I thought you already knew. Did I not make it obvious enough last night, shall I refresh your memory?”

 

Baekhyun feels his face flush, “No, we can’t, I have morning breath, so do you.”

 

“Don’t care,” Chanyeol leans forward and claims his lips in a peck. “Now get ready, I’m going back to my room and I’ll meet you outside so we can walk to class together.”

 

Baekhyun nods, a shy smile on his lips.

 

~

 

Baekhyun doesn’t know how to tell Kyungsoo. Should he just text him, go over to his room, wait until they’re at work? He decides to shoot Kyungsoo a text that he’s coming over to have lunch in his dorm room.

 

When he gets there he doesn’t expect Jongin to answer the door. “Hey, buddy, you feeling better?”

 

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow. “Why, what do you know?” Had Chanyeol texted Jongin about it? They just got together last night, who else had he told already?

 

Jongin looks just as perplexed, “Uh, nothing, you just look happy.” He steps back so Baekhyun can come into the room.

 

Kyungsoo is at his desk, typing away on his laptop, and glances over his shoulder. “Hey, You’re lucky, I made a little too much ramen so you won’t starve.”

 

“Oh, joy, how shall I ever repay you?” Baekhyun throws his bag on Kyungsoo’s lounge chair and Jongin takes the bed.

 

“By telling me why you’re really here.” Kyungsoo closes his laptop and swivels around his his chair, “I know something's up, I can smell it.”

 

“Jongin, why are you dating this strange creature?” Jongin just shrugs and Baekhyun continues, “How do you know something's going on, did someone tell you something?” Baekhyun really doesn’t know why he’s so anxious about people knowing.

 

“No one told me anything. Why, is there something to tell?” Kyungsoo is like a shark who just caught the scent of blood in the water.

 

Baekhyun narrows his eyes, “So Chanyeol hasn’t said anything?

 

“I literally have no way to contact him, how would I know?” Kyungsoo throws his hands up in annoyance.

 

“Okay, okay, I’ll tell you.” Baekhyun steels himself, “Chanyeol and I are together now.”

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin exchange a glance and then they both look at him, skeptical.

 

“You told him everything?” Jongin sits up, focused on Baekhyun.

 

“Yes, and he was totally accepting and now we’re dating.” Baekhyun confirms.

 

“So what you’re telling me is, Park Chanyeol is a weirdo.” Kyungsoo nods, “Makes sense, he’s into you, after all.”

 

“How is he a weirdo?” Baekhyun defends.

 

“He still likes you, that’s how.”

 

“I thought you’d be happy for me.” Baekhyun the upset toddler arrived.

 

“I am, but facts are facts.”  Kyungsoo smiles, “Anyway, how did it all go down? Give us some details.”

 

“Well, he called me to tell me that you were cheating on me with Jongin.” Baekhyun says.

 

Jongin fails to stifle his laughter and Kyungsoo is struggling as well.

 

“Yes, laugh it up. I also found out that he wasn’t dating Junmyeon and still likes me, so I told him that I like him too and then he came over to my room and asked me out and we...we kissed and then slept together and then walked to class together.”  Baekhyun rushed the entire sentence out, feeling embarrassed.

 

“Byun Baekhyun!” Kyungsoo’s eyes are bugging out of his head. “Wow, that explains why practically glowing but I didn’t know you liked him, uh, that much. It’s so early.”

 

Jongin nods in agreement.

 

Baekhyun is lost. “What? It’s not early, it’s the afternoon.”

 

“No, you idiot. Early in you relationship, for that.” Kyungsoo scolds. “I mean what if it doesn’t work out?”

 

“It’s not that big of a deal.” Baekhyun doesn’t know why Kyungsoo is acting like this, it was just a kiss. Well, a whole lot of kisses, but Kyungsoo didn’t need to know about all of those.

 

“Oh my- what have you done with my Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo turns to Jongin, “Who is this man?”

 

“Okay, what the is up with you? What did I miss?” Baekhyun asks.

 

“What’s up with me? Your is out here bumping uglies before you’ve even had a first date.” Kyungsoo shoots back.

 

Baekhyun is scandalised and racks his brain for what could make Kyungsoo think that. Then he realises his terrible mistake. “Oh, no, I- that was worded badly. We slept together like, just sleeping in the same bed, unconscious, and not doing anything else.”

 

Kyungsoo’s relief is evident, “Oh, oops. I really thought you’d gone wild.”

 

“So, uh, we gonna eat?” Jongin asks awkwardly.

 

~

 

By the end of the week, Chanyeol has finished the project on his own as promised, no matter how much Baekhyun insisted on helping. So, Baekhyun has decided to pay him back for his hard work. As much as he enjoyed their previous seafood dinner, it wasn’t a date and what Kyungsoo said had got him thinking. They still haven’t had their first date yet and Baekhyun plans to change that. The only problem is, he has no idea what they should do. He decides that dinner is too basic, they’ve already done it, and his brain fails to think up anything beyond that.

 

“Kyungsoo, my baby.” Baekhyun coos into the phone in a high pitched voice and hears Jongin’s disgruntled “Who is that?” in the distance on the other end. “Am I on speaker?”

 

“Yes, and what do you want, you only do that voice when you want something.” Kyungsoo accuses.

 

“Can you please help me plan something? What would be a good date?”

 

“Oh.” Kyungsoo is silent for moment. “Well, what does he like?”

 

“Uh…” He really has nothing materializing in his mind, no matter how hard he tries. “I don’t know, I’m a terrible boyfriend, what the .”

 

“Calm down, you’ve been dating less than a week, there’s not much you can find out in that time. But still, there has to be something, an interest or a hobby he told you about.”

 

Baekhyun thinks, “Well he collects rilakkumas...but…”

 

“Yeah, I don’t think we can incorporate that into a date, anything else?” Kyungsoo dismisses the idea.

 

“Oh,” Baekhyun all but yells into the phone and he hears Kyungsoo curse, “Sorry, but I just remembered, he’s really into music, plays instruments and all that.”

 

“Hmm, anything going on with music right now…” Kyungsoo is talking to himself. “Ah, the thing, at our job. The open mic night that they started last month.”

 

“Oh, you’re right, I think he would like some live music.” Baekhyun agrees.

 

“But I have an even better idea, why don’t you two participate?”

 

“Uh, I don’t know...he’s never heard me sing before.”

 

“And this is the perfect opportunity, and bonding over a shared interest on your first date, how sweet. I’m so good at this.”

 

“That’s why Jongin is always stuck to your left asscheek, explains everything.”

 

“Shut up. What are you gonna sing, has to be a love song, maybe a confession song? Oh gosh, I’m getting emotional just thinking about it, my Baekhyun is all grown up now.”

 

“Please, spare me your weeping. And I don’t know, I’ll have to think about it. I’m so nervous though, what if I mess up.”

 

“You won’t, and he’d just think it was cute anyway, don’t worry.” Kyungsoo assures.

 

“Maybe you’re right.” Baekhyun bites his lip, “Okay, I’ll go look at some song choices now, thanks so much.”

 

“No problem, you got this.” Kyungsoo encourages him.

 

Baekhyun sure hopes so.

 

~

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo devise their plan for that Sunday night, letting Jongin in on the secret. They convince Chanyeol that Kyungsoo wants to do the open mic night performance and he needs someone to play the guitar for him. Chanyeol, being the sweetheart he is, immediately agreed.

 

Later, Baekhyun asks if he knows how to play Park Hyo Shin’s song, Shine Your Light, which results in Chanyeol excitedly telling him that it’s one of his favorite songs and he could come over there and play it for him right now. Baekhyun declines, wanting to save it for that special moment later, giving the excuse that he’s too tired to be a good audience. Chanyeol laughs and orders him to go to bed, telling him to sleep well and dream of him.

 

The day is finally here and Baekhyun’s palms are sweating as he does his vocal warm up before leaving his room and they continue sweat all the way to the cafe. He has to grab napkins off an empty table as he passes by to take care of it.

 

The place isn’t exactly packed but this is the biggest crowd of customers Baekhyun has ever seen here, never having worked the weekends, and being one of those people that tried to avoid being at his workplace when he didn’t have to be. There’s music flowing throughout and he sees the source is a girl singing along to the instrumental of ballad. She sounds good and Baekhyun wonders if he’ll be so lucky.

 

He spots his friends over to the left and marches up to them confidently only because Chanyeol isn’t there yet. He knows the second the boy walks through the door, he’ll cower again. He had invited everyone because he knew that if he didn’t, he’d get a bunch of complaints after they all found out what they’d missed, the nosey bunch of them. Minseok almost didn’t come because Chanyeol’s playing the guitar at a coffee shop wasn’t a very convincing reason as to why he should show up. Baekhyun had to text him after Yixing’s terrible pitch attempt.

 

“Are you nervous?”, Is the first thing Kyungsoo says to him.

 

“Yes, I feel like my stomach is about to fall out onto the floor.” Baekhyun pulls out a chair from under one of the two tables they’ve pushed together and takes a seat. “He’s gonna be here any minute, what do I do?”

 

“Sing the song?” Jongdae suggests, unhelpfully.

 

Baekhyun glares at him, “Thanks for the advice. I meant, what am I supposed to do about my nerves?”

 

“Hmm, you said your stomach felt funny right? Maybe you just have to poop.”

 

“Jongdae, I’m gonna have to ask you to stay silent for the rest of the evening.”

 

“But you’re so easy to mess with tonight.” Jongdae smirks at Baekhyun from across the table and he wishes he still had those hand sweat dampened napkins to throw at his face.

 

“Be nice, Baekhyun needs our help.” Minseok looks at Jongdae with a scowl.

 

Jongdae backpedals, “You’re right, I’m sure you’ll do great, Baek. Don’t be too nervous, it’s just Chanyeol, you see him all the time, even swap spit with him.”

 

Baekhyun wants to smack him because they do not swap spit but he’s preoccupied with wondering how the hell Minseok got Jongdae to stop being a complete in 3 seconds flat. He needs to learn the technique, whatever it is.

 

“Thanks.” Baekhyun  looks back and forth between the two of them but Minseok has since stopped paying attention and is talking to Junmyeon about something now. Baekhyun looks at Jongdae and the other averts his gaze. Baekhyun smiles now, he knows exactly what’s going on. Oh, how he will torment Jongdae from now on. Jongdae clearly knows this because he’s avoiding eye contact, fidgeting with the sleeves on his denim jacket.

 

“Kyungsoo, you ready?”

 

It’s not even his name but it calls all of Baekhyun’s attention because that’s the voice he’s been waiting to hear all day. He’d avoided calling Chanyeol today because, again, he was so nervous. Baekhyun turns around in his seat to look up at Chanyeol who gives him a bright smile and he can feel butterflies fluttering around in his stomach.

 

“Hi, I missed you.” They’d seen each other every single day so Baekhyun has no idea why he said that but he’s not complaining. Chanyeol has his guitar slung on his back by the strap and Baekhyun thinks it makes him look handsome but it’s probably just his face at the source of that feeling, the guitar being a non factor.

 

“Me too.” Baekhyun smiles.

 

“I’m ready, we go after the person singing now.” Kyungsoo answers Chanyeol’s previous question.

 

Chanyeol nods and sits next to Baekhyun, “It would be fun if we could do something like this, don’t you think, maybe next time?”

 

Baekhyun gulps, “Mhmm.”

 

“You don’t seem too enthusiastic, I want to hear you sing but you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to.”

 

“That’s not it, I will sing for you, I promise.”

 

Chanyeol smiles, “I’m glad, I can’t wait for it.”

 

The song in the background finishes and the audience gives a round of applause making Baekhyun stand up instantly, afraid that he’ll somehow miss his performance even though Chanyeol, the other counterpart, is still right next to him.

 

Chanyeol gives him a look, questioning why he’s standing up, but he just ignores him and goes up to a stool set up in the front. If he looks at Chanyeol he might chicken out. He swallows thickly and keeps his eyes down, sighing in relief when he hears Chanyeol walk up and sit on the stool next to him.

 

“Psst, Baek.” Baekhyun risks a peek to his left and sees Chanyeol smiling so wide his teeth are practically gleaming in the cafe’s lighting. “Thank you.”

 

And that’s all Baekhyun needs, the push he’s been waiting for to shake his jitters and poise himself in front of the mic, ready to sing all of his feelings towards Chanyeol.

 

When Chanyeol begins to strum the first notes on the guitar Baekhyun doesn’t have any plans to look at him but he finds that he’s naturally compelled to do so and he ends up singing the entire song while looking directly at him even if Chanyeol sometimes has to look down at the strings to make sure he doesn’t mess up, Baekhyun still stares.

 

When it’s over he holds his breath and Chanyeol smiles at him again making him release it. Only then does he realize that the crowd is clapping for them, their table particularly loudly, and he acknowledges them by thanking them and bowing, Chanyeol following suit. Chanyeol holds his hand and they scoot back to their friends who are still clapping and hooting at them as they sit down.

 

“Hyung, I didn’t know you were hiding a voice like that.” Sehun comments and Baekhyun feels accomplished by being able to impress the unimpressible baby of the group.

 

“Baekhyun hyung, please give me singing lessons.” Jongin says playfully.

 

“You’ll have to pay me by the hour. And I’m not cheap, maybe I’ll even make you loan me Kyungsoo again.” Baekhyun quips back.

 

“Hmm, how about we share him? I don’t think I can go more than a couple hours without at least partial ownership of him.” Jongin tries to negotiate.

 

“I’m literally right here.” Kyungsoo says, insulted.

 

“We know.” Baekhyun and Jongin say in unison.

 

“Chanyeol was amazing too, good job man.” Jongdae holds up his hand for a high five from Chanyeol but Baekhyun smacks it out of the way, partially for the earlier poop comment and partially just cause he can. He smiles sweetly and Jongdae just narrows his eyes at him. Jongdae holds it up again and Chanyeol successfully lands the high five without any problems this time.

 

“He really was amazing, you’re right.” Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol who rests his elbow on the table, resting his chin in his hand to gaze back at him. “I loved it. This is why I didn’t want you to come over and play for me before, I was saving it for today. Were you surprised?”

 

Chanyeol nods, “Very, and I’m so happy you planned this. Your voice is angelic and I got to hear it sooner than I thought.”

 

“But that’s not the end of the surprise, these heathens are supposed to leave now so we can have a date.” Baekhyun gestures to the table in general.

 

“Why don’t you two just go to the other side of the cafe? We’re enjoying the atmosphere here.” Yixing suggests. “We promise we won’t bother you.”

 

Baekhyun gives him a skeptical look, knowing that Yixing likes to scheme. “Fine, but if you bother us I’ll…” He’s having trouble coming up with a threat cause it seems there isn’t much that bothers Yixing. Suddenly he feels Chanyeol by his ear and he whispers something to him. “We’ll blow on your neck, together.” He snaps.

 

Yixing, Junmyeon, and Minseok burst out into a fit of giggles while the rest of them just look confused.

 

~

 

“I knew it, he has one!” Baekhyun shows off the conversation on his phone screen, not realizing that no one can actually see what it is because he’s shaking it in their faces. “It’s always the quiet ones.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Jongin asks, opening a straw for Kyungsoo because Kyungsoo’s hands must be ing broken. Baekhyun really can’t stand those two.

 

“It’s confirmation that Junmyeon hyung has a humiliation kink, I’m always right.” Baekhyun had finally mustered up enough courage to ask.

 

“You’re almost never right, what are you saying?” Jongdae mixes his omurice while shooting Baekhyun a look of incredulity.

 

Baekhyun leans in, “Listen here, you panini head-”

 

“Baekhyun.” A voice cuts him off and he looks up towards the entrance of the restaurant to see Chanyeol beaming at him and he swoons, sending a finger heart to his boyfriend. Almost two months in and the only thing that had changed is how little he cared what people thought, he would be as annoyingly mushy as he wanted.

 

Sehun scoffs, “How can you talk about these two,” he gestures to Jongin and Kyungsoo, who are now sharing the same drink with two straws, “When you act like that? All he did was show up.”

 

“Poor Sehun, you don’t understand because you’ve never been in a relationship as amazing and fulfilling as ours, maybe you’ll be granted the privilege one day.” Baekhyun nods to himself, mock sorrow on his face.

 

“Right.” Sehun rolls his eyes.

 

Baekhyun moves over, further into the square booth, so that Chanyeol can sit on the outside, next to him. “How was it? You look really happy.”

 

“I am, it was great seeing them after so long. I still wish you had come with me.” Chanyeol says.

 

Baekhyun’s smile falters. He’s already certain that he’s falling in love with Chanyeol and had no plans of leaving him but he didn’t want to meet Chanyeol’s family, he didn’t feel ready. What if they hated him, wanted him to stop seeing Chanyeol, thought he was ugly? There are so many negative possibilities.

 

“Or, what if they love you because you’re amazing?” Chanyeol asks.

 

Baekhyun jumped in shock, “What-how, were you reading my mind?”

 

“I don’t need to, your face is always so obvious.” Chanyeol looks at him endearingly, “They want to meet you, actually. I showed them some pictures of you.”

 

“What?” Baekhyun looks betrayed,  “They know I exist?

 

“Yes, they’ve known for a while. I talked about you months before, when it was still just me crushing on you from afar. They think you’re quite cute. I agree,” He reaches out and sweeps Baekhyun’s bangs off of his forehead. “You’re the cutest boy out there.”

 

“Honest to God, there are people just trying to eat here.” Jongdae complains.

 

Baekhyun groans, “You and Sehun are so cranky, why don’t you go jerk each other off in the restroom or something, release your tension.”

 

Sehun chokes on his sip of soda and Jongin has to pat his back, concerned look on his face.

 

“I’m just being helpful.” Baekhyun smiles at what he’s caused. Kyungsoo gives him a really? look and he just shrugs. He leans towards Jongdae again, “Unless there’s someone else you’d rather do that with? I can probably arrange it, all you have to do is ask.”

 

“Shut the hell up before I dump my drink on your head.” Jongdae wants to sound fierce but his blushing doesn’t help at all.

 

~

 

He looks around curiously but there’s no one in sight as per usual. It’s the same deserted spot on the outskirts of campus that they’d met up at before, to go on that weekend trip to the beach. That trip had pretty much been the catalyst for everything but he’s still not sure why he needed to come here. Chanyeol had texted him to meet there by the benches and Baekhyun would’ve told anyone else that they could come to him if they really wanted to see him but it was Chanyeol, so he went without complaint.

 

The tree in the center of the circle of benches has bloomed and cherry blossom petals rain down whenever the soft spring breeze comes by. While admiring the tree Baekhyun sees what he thinks is a hand resting on the brown bark, creeping from behind. Suddenly Chanyeol peeks his head out from behind the trunk almost making Baekhyun jump ten feet in the air.

 

Chanyeol laughs, “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

 

“What the hell are you doing there?”

 

“Waiting for you, of course.”

 

“So, is hanging out behind trees your thing these days?” Baekhyun teases.

 

“Only if you’ll always be there when I pop out.”

 

Baekhyun shakes his head, “Are you trying to get me to run away by using the power of corniness?”

 

Chanyeol steps out from behind the tree. “Run away? I thought my corniness was the only reason you stayed around.” He slips between two benches and takes a seat on one of them.

 

“No, it’s because of your status at this school, I’m a social climber.”

 

“Oh, good, that my ego.” Chanyeol pats the space beside him, “Come here.”

 

It reminds Baekhyun of that night in his room when Chanyeol had first kissed him. He knows what that look and tone of voice means. Something interesting is in store for him, something good. He eagerly walks over and sits beside his boyfriend, looking at him expectantly.

 

“I have something to tell you, and I wasn’t sure if I should or not. I searched online for when the right time to say it would be, even called my mom, and I decided that I wanted to. So I will, today.”

 

“Is Kyungsoo cheating on me again? That harlot.”

 

Chanyeol pouts, “Come on, it’s something serious.”

 

“Do you...have some sort of disease?”

 

“What? Oh God no, I...hmm well some people like to describe it as a disease but that-”

 

“Chanyeol, spit it out already, you’re making me anxious!”

 

“Fine, I love you!”

 

Baekhyun is stunned, did Chanyeol really just say that? He is, indeed, a man full of surprises. “Are you...sure?”

 

“Yes, it might seem early but I was harboring a one sided love for you for years before you noticed me.” Chanyeol shrugs.

 

“No, I don’t think it’s early, I just didn’t think you felt this strongly about me. I thought I was getting ahead of myself with how I feel about you.” Baekhyun grasps Chanyeol’s hand in his.  “You know there’s like an unofficial timeline of how hard you’re supposed to fall and how fast. I’ve been trying to ignore it so I didn’t feel like I was too in love with you.”

 

“Ah, but being in love with me is great.”

 

“You would know, you narcissist.”

 

“Hush.” Chanyeol pecks his lips, knowing just how to quiet him down. “By the way, can you say it for me?”

 

“Hmm?” Baekhyun is too focused on Chanyeol’s lips to know what he means by that.

 

“Tell me you love me.” Chanyeol’s gaze is intense.

 

Baekhyun his lips, “Give me another kiss and I will.”

 

“Tell me and I’ll give you another kiss.” Chanyeol counter argues.

 

“Fine, I love you so much and you’re the most handsome man I’ve ever seen. Now give me kisses,” Baekhyun says.

 

Chanyeol gives a thoughtful look. “Hmm, I don’t know if I’m satisfied with that. Try it again with a little more enthusiasm.”

 

“Chanyeol, I love you, you idiot, now kiss me.” Baekhyun pouts and clings onto Chanyeol’s arm.

 

“Again, without the insult.”

 

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun whines, shaking his boyfriend lightly. He should get up and leave while he still has his dignity but he won’t.

 

“Okay, okay. Such a cute kid, really, what am I gonna do with you?”

 

“Kiss me, you-!” Baekhyun’s nagging is cut short by Chanyeol grasping his chin and meeting his lips. “Why do you always do that? One day, when you’re in the middle of saying something, I’m gonna-” Another smooch interrupts him. “Yah, stop that.”

 

“You were just fussing for me to do it but now you tell me to stop? Make up your mind.” Chanyeol looks awfully amused.

 

He glares at him. “You know that’s not what I m-.”

Again, Chanyeol covers his lips with his own and Baekhyun feels all the fight leave him as he leans into the kiss.

 

Chanyeol tentatively probes his tongue on the seam of Baekhyun’s lips and he gladly opens up, accepting it. Chanyeol brings a hand to rest on the nape of his neck as their tongues caress each other’s and Baekhyun gives a quiet moan.

 

Baekhyun pulls back when he feels he needs to come up for air, so to speak, face flushed. “You know we’re in public, right?”

 

“There’s no one around, don’t worry.” Chanyeol grins and pets Baekhyun’s hair.

 

“Now Jongdae is right.” Baekhyun says, out of the blue.

 

Chanyeol raises a brow, “Jongdae? Right about what?”

 

“We do swap spit now.” Baekhyun answers, completely serious.

 

They both break out into a fit of laughter.

 

After it dies down, Chanyeol embraces him into a hug, resting his head on Baekhyun’s as they enjoy the scenery around them. “I’m so happy.”

 

“Me too” Baekhyun sighs.