5: Let me

Too Much but I Like IT

 

Strangely enough. His body ached in so many places possible, he doesn't even know. But it wasn’t just that, his head was killing him. As if he was being hammered in place. Taehyung groans in pain as he lifts up a hand to clutch his head, his face twisting in discomfort. His mind was all blurred and too in pain to even think of what happened last night.

 


 

But there is one thing for sure, that is, he shall never ever drink that hideous concoction ever again. The pain was unbearable for his head to take, so he stayed still in the comfort of his bed. That is until he realizes it wasn't the same bed he slept in last night or the day before. He remembers the sheets being baby blue, not pure white. Also there was a scent, musky with mixture of vanilla and sea salt. Taehyung was about to scramble out when he felt a tug on his waist, stopping him from doing so.

 

All of the color in his face slips away at the realization of someone spooning him from behind. First things first, Taehyung internally says, he swallowed thickly and with the mustered up courage he has, he takes a peek under the sheets. He was Shirtless! He repeats! He is shirtless! And, he could feel the guy behind him shirtless as well!

 

 

Oh god, oh god. A minute passed. Two even. He looked in every direction his position could only provide, processing in that he was indeed in a room which he doesn’t know.

 

 

Damn Hell, Taehyung feels his heart hammering under his rib cage, covering his mouth with both of his hands, while trying to scoot away. But before he could even get fully out, Taehyung was pulled back in again. And this time he lets out a yelp.

 

 

Holy , Taehyung slept with a clingy guy! A clingy guy with nice muscled arms.

 

 

With his heart pounding like crazy, he decides to muster up his courage to take a peek behind. Wrong choice tho. His eyes widened, mouth gaping at the sight of the sleeping handsome face. Taehyung was being spooned. Taehyung was the small spoon. Taehyung’s back hitting on his bare chest. Jeon Jeongguk was the biggie, and Taehyung could swear he is about to faint and fall asleep the second time.

 

So he it wasn’t a random guy, it was JEONGGUK.

 

“…mhh..” The older began to move, nosing the back of his neck. Upon the new discovery Taehyung was struggling to breathe at the moment. His heart was beating too faster than before, making everything unbearable for him to even process.  Jeongguk was spooning him and nuzzling into his nape. In a bed. IN ONE BED. They were sharing one bed!

 

 

He tries to slowly untangle himself at the latter’s hold, but before he could move an inch, Jeongguk must been awake since the first attempt Taehyung tries to get away, because the said male had lifted up his head in drowsiness, eyes still closed but a pout visible in his face.

 

 

“Tae…It's too early, Sleep more…” Was he serious? Is he damn serious? Please someone tell Taehyung, Jeongguk wasn’t being serious right now. “What’s the matter?”

 

 

Well, either than waking up with you pressed behind my back, nothing’s wrong. Instead his facial expression answers him for him.

 

 

Jeongguk’s eyes started to flutter open at the lack of response. And Taehyung had to watch that cute display the whole 2 minutes. The sleepiness inside Jeongguk died when he realizes that Taehyung was looking at him, completely disoriented. It didn't help when his hair was all tousled softly in his forehead, nose and cheeks tinted rosily, lips parted, and eyes big and doe. Jeongguk weakness were soft things. But this is… something else. A wave of heat rushed over the owners face, and as well as….

 

Upon feeling it, Taehyung’s own face flared. In one swift move, Taehyung was able to kick the owner out of the shared bed, pulling the sheets over his chest while igniting a loud scream. Jeongguk fell on the floor with a loud thud, completely bewildered and embarrassed at the same time.

 

 

“Jesus Christ!” Taehyung screams, his face burning even redder “I felt it! Yo-you! Oh my god! You!”

 

 

“Its morning wood! In case you don’t know it!” Jeongguk stutters, his face turning red as well. Too embarrassed to admit the real reason for it tho. But Taehyung completely ignored it, his eyes trailing down on the latter’s perfectly formed abs, those muscles decorated with fine veins. Taehyung was not drooling. God forbids. Speaking of God… did a fine job on this one, kinda unfair.

 

 

“Y-your shirtless! Oh my god! Why am I shirtless, why the hell are you shirtless?! Did something happen between us?! I don’t remember anything! Oh my god!” Taehyung continues to blurt out, his eyes with worry and tears. Thank god both of them still had some shorts on or Taehyung would have choke and die at the same time.

 

 

“Woah, woah, Taehyung” Jeongguk stands up from the side of the bed in alarm. Trying to catch one of his wrist to calm him down. One knee sinking into the mattress. “Its okay, you need to breathe. Chill for a sec”

 

 

“N-no! I mean! I-I, this wasn’t even in the contract! I’m sorry!” he tries to explain, shaking his head.

 

 

“Taehyung!” Jeongguk cups his face, their eyes connecting with each other “Nothing happened…. So for the love of Christ, you need to calm down”

 

 

“I-I, W-what?”

 

 

“Nothing. Happened” He reassures, softly thumbing the line of his cheekbones.

 

“T-then explain why we’re shirtless?” Taehyung hiccups, unconsciously leaning into the touch.

 

 

“You made me took yours and mine off… “Jeongguk says. The instructor’s cheeks starting to tint pink.

 

“T-then why were you spooning me?”

 

“Y-you made me because you were cold…”

 

“Bu-but, why are we even tog—“

 

Jeongguk hurriedly cuts in. “Je-Jennie, one of the sisters, insisted we stay for the night because you were drunk…”

 

“Just us? Where are the others?” Taehyung notes how the owner’s face was getting redder and redder.

 

“They’re in the next rooms besides ours…We’re a couple so they put us in the same room…” Jeongguk looks away, retracting his hand from his cheek. The sudden warmth pulling away. “Also… you were like a koala, Jimin couldn’t pull you off...”

 

 

Taehyung blinks, in the most innocent way he could manage. Jeongguk chuckles, standing up from the bed and crouching to the floor to pick up a couple of shirts. Taehyung blushed at the sight if his white shirt. Reaching over, he was about to grab it but he momentarily forgot his headache, the pain jolting thru his head, stopping him.

 

 

“That’s enough of question for your head. Stay here” Jeongguk notices this and slips on his own shirt, attempting to fix the crumbled areas with one hand. “I’ll get something for your hangover”

 

“You really don’t have to do—“

 

“But I want to”

 

Taehyung stares “Jeongguk…Let me come with you…”

 

“But—“

 

“Jeongguk please?”

 

“Tae—“

 

“I don’t want to be left alone here. Also this is my hangover, I brought this to myself, so shouldn’t I be the one getting stuff for myself?”

 

“Taehy—“

 

“Please?”

 

----

 

 

 

“You can cling on me” The owner pokes his sides, making him flinch and ungracefully trips on a pebble. Unlike Jeongguk’s resort area, the beach was more crowded in the morning. And awfully suffocating in the process.

 

A hand creeps behind him, stopping at the small of his back, helping him advance thru the rough crowd. Taehyung could say he was overwhelmed at the numbers of tourists. It was very lively and noisy which reminds him if a busy market.

 

“This is the reason why I wanted you to stay in the room…” Jeongguk glares at a guy that accidentally bumped Taehyung.

 

“You can’t expect me to stay there while you suffer…” Taehyung pouts at him.

 

Jeongguk snorts at that, a grin plastering over his face, turning his head to look at him “I rather have you tucked in, I’m surprised that you can still stand up….”

 

“I’m suffering from a hangover Guk, I’m not disabled…” Taehyung lifts a brow at him.

 

He could practically feel the strange swirl inside his tummy when Jeongguk’s traveled from his back to his waist, holding him carefully like he was made of glass. It was strange, very strange.

 

Taehyung peeks thru this bangs, instantly catching Jeongguk’s brows knitting together as they walk. Right in front of a tacky random henna shop, Jeongguk stops, fishing out his phone from the back of his pockets. Taehyung being a little out of breath takes a seat randomly.

 

“…Jimin texted, he said, he’s in the salad sea stop along with the others...” Taehyung’s head snapped up, causing him to internally groan. He shouldn’t have done that. That was stupid. But then again Since when the hell were they text mates? THE ? “Do you wanna go there?”


 

Taehyung couldn’t answer him with words as he tries to catch his breath and simply gave him a nod. Leaning his head on one of the henna’s hanged design. The pain in his head coming back at each breathe he lets out. Jeongguk smiles down at him, leaning on the frame of the shop, taking note to not force Taehyung too much to move because of his headache.

 

“This… is the worst hangover ever…”

 

“Mindoro sling is a in the morning honestly speaking, although, it’s a kind tropical traditional mix drink here in the island… very famous too”

 

“Kind? Nothing is kinda about it! I can’t believe you just used such an innocent word to label it in Satan’s concoction. I thought I was drinking Satan’s piss last night! It was horrible”

 

“It’s not that bad if it was properly made. Yugyeom gave you a mix with too much alcohol in it. It’s suppose to taste more like pineapple and orange”

 

“So that’s the reason why it tasted like Satan’s armpit juice…”

 

“Then why’d you keep drinking it?”

 

“Yugyeomie kept tipping the glass up...”

 

Jeongguk rose a brow at the given nickname he has for one of his employees. He turns his head to the side, his tongue poking at his inner cheek at the sudden rush of irritation. And unknowingly, Taehyung was watching him do so.

 

“Is something the matter?” Taehyung suddenly asks, blinking at him.

 

“Nothing…” Jeongguk starts of, looking hard on him. The sudden change of expression worried Taehyung. Without thinking, he lifts his hand, reaching up to place it on the instructor’s cheek, making him look down on him.

 

“Gukkie?” Taehyung tries again. “Are you sure?”

 

Jeongguk simply stares at him, it was the first time that Taehyung initiated anything while they were in stand by mode, successfully shocking him.

 

 

“…Yeah” Jeongguk says, moving away from his touch feeling a little bit odd. “Actually…I—uh, your ex isn’t here or anybody that knows us… so you don’t have to initiate anything for show Tae…” Taehyung whole face fell at the sudden words and retracts his hand. “We better get going… can you stand?” The instructor offers a hand to help him up.

 

Taehyung bit his bottom lip, nodding gingerly and places his hand over his. But then again, why was Jeongguk allowed to do things even behind closed curtains. Jeongguk might not know it but Taehyung wasn’t running around blink all the time.

 

But I want to... The instructor’s reason for everything he does for him, kept ringing inside his head as Jeongguk leads them inside a cozy restaurant.

 

Then maybe I want to too. He thinks before stepping inside and spotting Jimin and the others with Jeongguk right beside him.






 

---

 

 


 

“Did you two fight or something?” The first thing that came out from his best friend’s mouth the moment they entered their room, finally back to where they were originally staying. Taehyung plops himself to his bed, greeting the baby blue sheets with a groan of relief.

 

“Tae, I asked you a question” Jimin frowns at him for ignoring him. Even this scene caught Yoongi’s attention as soon he closes the door behind him.

 

“Sorry Chim, what was that?” Taehyung closes his eyes, rolling himself to the comfort of his sheets.

 

“You er, I know you heard me the first time” Jimin placing both of his hands on each side of his hip, tapping a finger while waiting “Did you and Mr. hot water sports instructor fight or not?”

 

“I don’t know what gave you the reason to think of that…”

 

“Im hurt that your insulting my intelligence over you because, first, You were stiff when Jeongguk introduced you to the 4 sisters. Secondly, you were quiet the whole car ride back, which is unlike you. And lastly you didn’t spare him a single glance when you got out of the car. Jeongguk was looking at you the entire time. He invited us to swim this afternoon and you told him you’ll pass? Now shut up and take a seat”

 

“I’m tired Jimin” Taehyung whispers, burying his face on his soft pillow. “My head still hurts…”

 

“Did you drink the aspirin I gave you?” Yoongi cuts in, sitting at the edge of Taehyung’s bed. The latter gives his boyfriend a shake in the head, telling him to let it go and let him be. But Jimin didn’t want to let it go not will he ignore this, especially when he spotted something he was deadly familiar with.

 

He could see it in Taehyung’s eyes, the hurt reflecting in his orbs and whatever it is, he knows there something happened between him and the resort owner.

 

“How about this, you just rest here and we’ll entertain Guk …” Yoongi tells Taehyung, who only muffled a thank you. “If he asks, I’ll tell him you’re sleeping. Sounds good?”

 

Jimin blames Yoongi for babying his best friend too much. “Yoongi…”

 

“Drop it for now Jimin” Yoongi answers him, standing up to grab a pouch from their bed. Taking out something that means like medicine and setting it down near Taehyung’s bed.

 

“But Yo—“

 

“No buts, go get change Jimin. We’re swimming”

 

It's not unfamiliar to Taehyung to know where this conversation would flow to. Jimin wasn't the type to back down and sit at a conversation which he knows he could win. But Yoongi is the type to just let it go, no hassle at all.


 

And while the couples begins to bicker in hushed voices. Taehyung was already drifting to sleep. And meanwhile outside their hotel room, A man stood right in front of their door a hand in the air, ready to knock.

 

The owner could hear the voices behind the door, and none of it belongs to Taehyung. He wanted to talk, ask Taehyung or anything. He knows that the boy was upset but he doesn’t know why and that’s the reason why he was creepily waiting outside his doorstep.

 

 

He felt uneasy all of the sudden. He didn’t even look at him. With a heavy heart, he puts his hand down to his side, turning his heel to head to the beach instead. When he got there within a record of time, he didn’t hesitate to jump up at his small wooden pier. Heading straight to where he sees his jet ski being prepared by his trusted employee.

 

 

Jeongguk doesn’t think about it too much. Of course, it might be just something all in his head. Taehyung and him were fine, they’re doing fine. Taehyung must be just tired. After all he did had a hangover. Yeah… Maybe it's that reason why Taehyung wouldn't even look at him.

 

He could feel the piercing stare of his friend as he takes out the key of his vehicle from his pockets, pulling off his white shirt over his head and dropping it on the wooden planks. The sun greets the skin of his back when he hopes onto his water vehicle with ease. He straps the lanyard on his wrist for safety measures, hastily attaching the key to the vehicle, and presses the start button.

 

Yugyeom didn't have time to step back, when he was greeted by a large splash on the face. Cursing out, the ill tempered man ignored it and roared the jet ski to life.

 

Jeongguk was already far and fast to take note of it.

 

Hoseok halts from his strides, witnessing the scene from behind them. He could hear Yugyeom curses, shaking his head like a wet dog. Bending down to gather the disregarded shirt, Yugyeom turn sto him.

 

“What got his in a twist?” Yugyeom asked “I have never seen him like that, utterly bothers me”

 

“You think it was because of Taehyung?” Hoseok hums, walking to stand beside him.

 

Yugyeom runs a hand over his face before answering “What?”

 

“I think they had a fight, Taehyung kinda went distant earlier”

 

“And this bothers Jeongguk, why?”

 

“I don't know” Hoseok sits on the edge of the platform, dipping his toes in the water  “ I just have a feeling that it does. Maybe our Jeonggukkie developed a fondness over him. My ship is sailing then..”

 

“You are kidding me, aren't you?” Yugyeom looks at the speeding man, taking a turn at a yacht far away from them. “....They’re just faking dating….” He mumbles under his breath.


 

They decided to kill the conversation at that, leaving Hoseok a bit suspicious of Yugyeom’s reaction to it. The guy wore an expression that he was much aware of, but he decides to shake it off for the meantime and focus on the real problem here. Jeongguk and Taehyung. Now that man, Jeongguk, Hoseok can read him in an instance. The young owner would always do this kind of stunt when every time he’s agitated or irritated. Like the time his father reprimanded him for being too wild back in the old days. Hoseok remembers watching Jeongguk takes off with his own speedboat only to return at nightfall. The worry that caused Hoseok those days were unbearable.

 

And even if the years goes by, Jeongguk haven't really grown out of that kind of habit. Which kinda makes him stand in ease, knowing how to handle a stressed out grown up Jeongguk now.


 

They stood in the wooden pier, watching patiently as their boss stirs and circles the whole sea in view. Driving fast as if his life depended on it. Not even Yugyeom could drive as fast as him. That’s because Yugyeom values life unlike some daredevil. But suddenly, the jetski wasn't in sight anymore. This definitely got both of their attention as they peer their heads to every direction they’re eyes could land on. It was impossible that Jeongguk would get out of the cove when the white caps outside was tremendous in the afternoon.

 

But then again, this was Jeongguk they were talking about.


 

Panic surges the both of them and suddenly Yugyeom runs back to the restaurant to call in some help. Leaving Hoseok there, clutching at the white shirt that belonged to his boss. What the just happened.





 

----

 

 


 

 

Taehyung woke up with a heavy heart. His clothes drenched with unexplainable sweat. His heart was beating so fast, it felt like it was gonna pop out of his chest. He felt uneasy all of the sudden, the room shrouded in darkness, the curtains shut. The air conditioning was working fine but he could not explain why he was sweating so much.

He slowly grabs for his phone, patting the spot next to his pillow. Gazing at the black screen before the light enters at his eyes.

 

“....Why didn't they wake me up” Taehyung groans out, repeating 5 pm in his head to remind him that he should probably get up. They must be having too much fun to bother even waking him up. Which sends a wave of irritation inside his head. He doesn't even know why.

 

Even the fact that Jeongguk didn't bother to check him up was annoying him.

 

Though the headache was gone, Taehyung was starving, so he decided to step out with his phone, wallet and spare key in hand. The walk to the restaurant wasn't hassle, more like a walk in the park type. The skies were the perfect shade of orange, perfect for the sunset to happen in a moment. Oddly tho, when he stepped into the restaurant, the people were busy. Especially the waitresses.

It wasn't even like this before. But when he was spotted, all of them seemed to froze, stopping from the frantic actions that were displayed just now.

 

Taehyung swallows, eyes wide as he stares back at them. He could have run out when suddenly an old woman appears from behind, cutting the awkward silence with a joyous squeal.

“Ah! You’re awake!” The old woman cheers, making Taehyung jump in his spot. “Oh my goodness! You are so pretty!”

That came out randomly.

“T-Thank you” Taehyung smiles, hiding the blush under his phone.


She lets out another squeal, opening her thick arms to step forward to envelop Taehyung in an unexpected embrace. “Aren’t you a precious one! Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! Darling, are you hungry? You must be! Of course, do not worry my sweetie, I had everything prepared just for you!”

“I-Huh? Wai-“

Taehyung was cut off when he was practically dragged into a nearby 4 seater table. He was gently pushed down into his chair while letting out a yelp.

“But Ms-“

“Please call me, Grandma Honey! Or Honey for short”

Taehyung blinks, “B-But, G-grandma Honey?…you really didn’t have to bother, I cou—“

“Sweet baby jesus, you are beautiful” That was. So. random. Taehyung could feel his cheeks reddening at the attention. This woman right here is his fake boyfriend’s grandmother. She looked so young in her beach dress and that silk see through scarf. But what intrigued him was the pink apron she had on.


Taehyung nervously nods, thanking her with a laughter.

“Kim Taehyung right?” Taehyung straightens out his composure, standing up in instant to give a bow. “Oh hohohoho, what a well mannered lad! You are so precious! Sit down sit down!”

Getting overwhelmed was an understatement. Or maybe it's because he’s probably used to it now. But Jeongguk’s grandmother was sweet and bubbly, like his own grandma.

They chatted for somewhat felt like an hour before his food arrived, he couldn't help but notice how busy the restaurant looked like. And for once he was surprise not to see Hoseok manning the bar. Usually in the afternoon, he remembers Jeongguk telling him that Hoseok’s incharge of the kitchen and bar after his ice cream selling hobby.

And speaking of Jeongguk…

“Uhh, Grandma Honey?” Taehyung speaks up, watching the sweet lady stuff a spoonful of salad into his plate. His eyes low key scanning the restaurant.

“Yes my sweets?”

“Have you seen--”

“Grandma Honey!” A voice sliced thru the conversation. Both of their heads snapped at the voice, Taehyung’s eye widened at a drenched Yugyeom. And when Yugyeom notices Taehyung, he slightly jumped at the sight of him. Grandma Honey stood from her seat, the smile wiped off from her wrinkled face.

“Have you found him?”

Him?

“No….” Yugyeom’s face crumbles, his eyes thickening with worry and somewhat tears. Taehyung carefully slides out from his seat.

“Who’s him? What’s going on? What’s wrong?”

Both of them stood silent at their spot, glancing at one another as they search for something as an answer. Taehyung’s blood ran colder at the given anticipation.

Grandma Honey took hold of his arm, placing soothing patterns on it. And with one look from Grandma Honey to Yugyeom, the latter did not waste any time to drag him out and into the beach.