3 : Just at me

Too Much but I Like IT

 

 



 

 

 

There was nothing more relaxing than a day in the beach. Especially when you play with the sand where the sea is so relaxing and when the winds so strong. And yes, Taehyung meant the winds, not the man who is currently dragging a camouflage printed kayak to the shore sea.
 

 


Taehyung was standing by the waters, watching with a bucket of water in hand. The way that Jeongguk was laughing melted Taehyung from the inside. He doesn’t understand but the sight was enough for him to smile. Once the kayak was placed onto the waters, Hoseok tosses the man a black two sided paddles.
 

 

 


For some reason, after what happened at breakfast made them closer. Jeongguk accompanying him anywhere giving him a personal small tour. He even showed him, his small farm. Damn, Jeon Jeongguk even has a chicken, pig and sheep farm.
 

 


And after that small tour, Jeongguk straightforwardly asked him if he wanted some lunch. How can he say yes when the owner was looking like a kicked puppy if he says no?
 

 


A sigh slips out of Taehyung’s lips. At that moment Jeongguk was able to notice him and sends him a big wave. Taehyung was brought out from his thoughts and simply waved back. He turns his back to return to his spot where Jimin was playing with the sand.


“What was that all about?” Jimin snickers, watching a flushed Taehyung sit infront of him and his sand castle.


“Nothing..” Taehyung mentally cringed at his own voice.


“That was certainly nothing to me, Tae” Jimin laughs, grabbing his small toy shovel from the ground to pat the hardening sand. Taehyung hums in reply, passing him the small bucket of sea water “How was you breakfast?”
 

 


“I heard Jeongguk invited you for lunch as well” Jimin glances up from the sand, his shovel still patting the forming shape. Taehyung decides to dump a good amount of sand, giving him a hand on his sand castle.
 

 


“Yeah… It was fine”
 

 


Jimin lifts up a brow, pouring the sea water “Just fine?”
 

 


“It was fun to say the least, Jeonggukie gave me small tour around after” Taehyung chirps cheerfully while adding more sand into the structure.
 

 


Jimin chuckles, glad that his bestfriend was having some fu—“I’m sorry, what? Did I hear you right? You called the macho man, Mr. Hot watersport instructor, Mr. Man boss baby, Jeonggukie? You actually gave him a nickname? Are both of you in nickname basis now? Woah, hold up , you need to tell me the details on like, how”
 

 


Taehyung wasn’t given enough time to reply because Jimin already pulled his shirt, shaking him uncontrollably. “M-Minnie! I’ll talk! L-let go” he laughs, grasping his best friend’s wrist. But Jimin doesn’t listen and kept gushing on questions. Until the both of them hears a groan from below.
 

 


Jimin stops, both of them blinking at each other as their eyes drifted down on their sand castle creation. Min Yoongi was starting to wake up, his eyes fluttering open, squinting at the light of the sun. “What the ? Why can’t I move?” He starts off, glancing around.

 

 


Once Min Yoongi saw them hovering on his sand covered torso, the two already scrambled to their feet, running away from the pissed off old man. Yoongi had a hard time getting out, “You two are dead once I get a hold of you both…”
 

 


Jimin tugs on Taehyung to the waters, laughing his off “ That is, if you can!”

 

 

“Sorry Yoongi-hyung! It was Jimin’s idea!”

 

 

“The that I care! Imma throw you both down on the deepest side of the ocean!”

 

 

“Don’t worry Tae, he doesn’t like the water that much“
 

 


“What’s going on here?” A voice joins in, making both of them turn their heads. Jeongguk, on his kayak, paddling closer to them with a blinding smile. Good thing Jimin was wearing some shades, can’t say the same to Taehyung though.
 

 


Jimin huffs, a eating grin plastered on his face as he eyes Taehyung beside him. Both of them had their ankles above the water, letting the harsh sun shine upon them.
 


“Hey Gukkie!” Taehyung greets, not even noticing how Jimin’s mouth drop.

Jeongguk paddles closer, standing from his kayak to jump to his side, the paddle on his hand as he wave with a free hand “Hey Tae”

Do you people hear that? It’s the sound of Jimin’s jaw hitting the water.
 

 


“Jeongguk!” Yoongi suddenly screams from behind the pair. “Grab those two or else I’m dropping your at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean!”

Taehyung turns to Jimin with the same panicked face. Jeongguk looks between them in confusion but quickly obliged. Taehyung yelps when he felt his strong arm curl around his waist, while Jimin shrieked and tried to wiggle out.
 

 


“You traitor!” Jimin yells, hitting Jeongguk’s arm.
 


“Sorry guys, Yoongi scares me more than you two, combined” Jeongguk smirks, his eyes glued to a whining Taehyung. Yoongi rose a brow when he got closer, his eyes suspiciously narrowing down at the weird resort owner.


“Give me that short one” Yoongi growls, getting his feet wet. Jimin gasped, eyes wide and twitching.

“Did you just call me sh—“
 


Jeongguk releases Jimin before he could even finish. Yoongi grinning as he hoisted the latter to his shoulder in ease. “Release me! Yoongi! I demand my lawyer! This is against human rights! You hear me?! Its against the boyfriend code of conduct“
 

 


Yoongi smacks his bottom making Jimin yelp in surprise “ Shut it, Shortie”
 

 


Of course Yoongi would take his boyfriend back to their hotel room. Leaving Taehyung in the arms of Jeon Jeongguk once again. Taehyung starts to shift on his feet, still aware of the arm around his waist. He begins to swallow, blinking at the realization dawning at him.
 

 


Jeon Jeongguk has his arm, he repeats, wrapped around his waist.
 



“Honestly, your hyung scares me more than anything I know…” Jeongguk chuckles, and Taehyung felt the vibration coming from his side at that. Jeongguk might be a little taller than him, but the size of his body beats his in a lifetime. Under Jeongguk’s built he was indeed tiny.

“Are they always like that?” Jeongguk asks, looking at the couple leaving the beach.
 

 


“Ye-yeah… Jimin likes to rile up Yoongi hyung when he gets the chance” Taehyung replies, leaning on his for a bit of support.
 


“Does Jimin has a kink for it?” Jeongguk snorts, shaking his head “something like that always leads to rough ..”
 

 


Taehyung gasps, eyes wide and smile reaching to his ears, he brings a hand to slap his hard chest “Jeonggukie! You’re a dirty bunny!”
 

 


“What?” Jeongguk grins, looking down on his “I know you know what that leads to” he pointed with his chin, making Taehyung follow his gaze.
 

 


Taehyung stares at them a few feet away, away from the sand and onto the grass. Jimin had magically convinced Yoongi to let him down and who was the latter to say no to his adorable mochi. Both of them were talking in hushed voices, their faces closes to each other, hands interlocked.
 


He wanted something like that, something really beautiful and true.
 

 



“And …you’re thinking again” Jeongguk says, and Taehyung jumps in surprise “You’d always look down when you start thinking, especially when its something regarding about emotional issues”
 


Taehyung looks up, his pretty lips turning into a pout “I don’t know which is surprising, the fact that you’ve been watching me or you’ve read me like an open book”
 

 


Jeongguk scoffs, finally pulling back, giving him a good amount of space. Taehyung eyes the kayak beside him, tilting his head to the side. “Is it hard?”
 

 


The instructor looks down, a thin black cable attach from the head of the kayak to his thigh belt. He crouches down to grab his fallen paddle from the sea floor, firmly holding it with one hand “Depends if your muscles are good. Wanna try it?”
 

 


“Jeonggukie, I like living so no..” Taehyung says, his voice laced with a bit of fear.
 

 


The owner couldn’t help but chuckle at him, Taehyung watches as Jeongguk jumps onto the Kayak, getting down on its seat. He was confused at first but when the hot instructor parted his legs, he knew exactly what he was thinking. “ Oh no.. Jeongguk, no. I’m not fond of the deep side. Stop giving me that look“
 

 


Jeongguk grins “What look?”
 

 


That look! It’s evil! You had that look when you tricked on putting tabasco sauce on my pizza this lunch, so excuse me buddy, even if you’re the owner of this paradise, I can whoop you”
 

 


“With what? Those guns?” Jeongguk playfully pokes at his bicep. Taehyung wanted to punch the living crap out of him, but before he does, he was pulled down. The latter has to gasp when he landed in between the instructor’s opened legs. “Don’t worry Tae, I wont let anything happen to you while I’m here”
 

 


Taehyung pales when he felt the Kayak moving, Jeongguk had to put his arms around him, caging him into his arms as he starts to paddle. Taehyung watched the arms infront of him, “If we tip over, I’m gonna scream. Jeongguk! I don’t even have a lifejacket! A life jacket that will save me from the waters”

 

 

“You make it sound like you’re gonna die any minute…”

“That’s because I am!”

“You mentioned at lunch that you’re still in college? What do you take?” He asks, paddling even harder and faster. The water successfully splashing onto his face making him look like a wet chick. 
 


“Performing arts in theater, why?” Taehyung whimpers wiping the sea water off his face.
 

 


Jeongguk chuckles, nodding “Ah, no wonder”
 

 


He was totally being snarky.

 

 

Jeongguk’s hands stopped, gently lifting the paddle up from the waters, placing it inside the Kayak on their side. Taehyung glances at him, blinking with confusion “Why’d you stop?”
 

 


He hears a chuckle, a chest pressing closer to his back. Taehyung held his breath, he was fully aware how close they were. “Look..”
 

 


Taehyung turns his head to the side, gasping at the sight. They weren’t that far from the resort but the view was astonishing. He should have brought his camera because the resort looked so nice. His eyes scanned the whole place, smiling. “Oh god, Gukkie, this is nice”
 

 


“Right?” Jeongguk looks at him, his gaze softening “… Beautiful even”
 

 


“What’s that?” Taehyung points out, making the instructor tear his eyes away from him. He followed his finger, only to see the roof of his house poking out from the trees.
 

 


“That’s where I live Tae”
 


“So you have the view of the sea?”
 


“Even the breeze of it”
 


“That’s so cool!”
 

 


Jeongguk lets out a small laugh, looking back at the male infront. His hands lowering down to hold onto the student’s hips. Loving how the latter fits into him. Jeongguk was soon snapped out of his trance when he sees a familiar speedboat heading towards their way. Jeongguk had to roll his eyes when it got closer, killing the engines, the Kayak hitting the edge of the speedboat.

 

 


“Well, well, well, Look what do we have here” Yugyeom snickers, pushing his air flow hair up, “You know Jeonggukie, Kayak rentals are around $20 per hour…”
 

 


“Shut up, Tae’s an exception” Jeongguk rolls his eyes, gazing back to the small man “Taehyung that’s Yugyeom, he’s in charge of taking care of my entertainments”
 


“Entertainments?” Taehyung blinked.
 

 


Yugyeom sighs, answering him instead “The only man that can touch his banana boat, donut boat, speedboats, wakeboards, surfboards, sailing boats, kites, jet skis, yachts, paddle boards, wind surfing boards… blah blah blah. Basically I’m just the man behind the entertainment rental services”
 

 


The list goes on, Taehyung was too overwhelmed to even process any of that. “Its all yours?” he asks Jeongguk who only reddened. He knew that Jeongguk was physically active, but wow.
 


“all his? Of course! Everything in this resort area, is his!” Yugyeom exclaimed “You should know that by now, being my boss’s fake boyfriend and all. I gotta say Taehyung-ah, if you wanted someone to use on your revenge plan you could’ve pulled me instead. I don’t mind having a fake relationship with someone as hot as you”
 


Taehyung stares for a moment, his heart dropping. Jeongguk felt the change on the male in his arms, making him frown. Yugyeom realized his own mistakes when Jeongguk started to glare daggers at him. Without hesitations he started stuttering “ I mean! Don’t worry kid, I wont tell a soul. , sorry I didn’t mean it that way.”
 

 


“Shut up you’re making it worse” Jeongguk growls, pulling the shrunken male to his chest.
 


“Gukkie… Take me back to the sand please…” Taehyung stammers, his voice pained, making Jeongguk comply in a heartbeat.
 


But before Jeongguk could even move from their spot, Yugyeom calls out for his name “Look, I’m sorry for being insensitive. Why don’t I take you guys back to shore? It’s the least I can do for being a douche”  
 


Jeongguk grits his teeth, clicking his tongue, extending his hand “Expect a salary deduction from this Yugyeom”

The boat man lowers his gaze, sighing as he took hold of his boss’s hand, tugging him along with the kayak to the back of the speedboat. Taehyung was the first one to get in with the help of Yugyeom. Jeongguk took off the wire from his thigh belt, tying it on the rope connected to the tower pole.
 

 


“Drive slow and steady Yugyeom, I left the paddle inside the Kayak” Jeongguk says, joining Taehyung at the front. Yugyeom turns on the ignition of the speedboat, pulling up the acceleration to a minimum. As soon as they got closer to the shore, Jeongguk grabs on Taehyung’s hand, giving Yugyeom the signal to turn the engine off which he did.
 

 


Jeongguk drops down to the sand, turning around to assist the smaller male. Yugyeom’s jaw dropped at the sight. Hoseok was right, they looked so good together. He retreated back to the back of the speedboat when he hears a distant voice calling out for his name.
 

 


And speak of the devil and he shall appear. “Yugyeom! Jeongguk wants you to get washed up. We’re going to the full moon tonight” Hoseok says, walking near.
 


“Hey.. Hobi?” Yugyeom frowns a bit.
 


“Is something wrong?” Hoseok’s grin disappears, sensing the strange sudden behavior.
 

 


“Are you really sure that Jeongguk’s faking it?” Yugyeom pulls out the keys from the ignition.
 


“From what I’ve heard from Guk…”
 


“Funny then…” Yugyeom whispers, jumping down from speedboat “If they weren’t fake, I’d totally ship them..”
 


“Bruh, the whole kitchen is already shipping them” Hoseok purses his lips in amusement “Taekook forever is what they say”
 


Yugyeom lifts up his head, scanning the whole beach. And not far from them, he sees a guy watching Jeongguk and Taehyung from a far. He guesses it’s the Ex… so was it for show because Jeongguk knows the ex was watching them?



 

 

 

 


----

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Jimin was able to help Taehyung out to look quite decent and presentable. Yoongi even helped out by fixing his hair up a bit. Being in a tropical place gave them a challenge tho, so they just went with a simple shirt and a pair of navy blue shorts. He should’ve packed a lot. Yup he should have indeed.
 


He begins to pace from the room, biting into his fingernails as they wait. Jeongguk told them that he’d get them from their room.
 


“Quit waddling around like a duck” Yoongi blurts out, unblinking as he watches.
 


“He’s just nervous Yoongi, give him a break” Jimin pursed his lips “Tae, stop biting your nails, you’ll ruin your teeth”
 


“Wow, you sound like his mom now” Yoongi grins.
 


“And you sound like his father..”
 


“I, Uhh” Taehyung turns his eyes at the both of them “ Do I really look nice?”

“…”

“…”

“…”

“…”

“Jimin, how many times did he asked us that?”

“This’ll be the 20th time Yoongi…”

“Right, Taehyung, ask that question one more time, We are grounding you for life”


Taehyung frowns, pausing from his tracks “For asking a question? That’s ridiculous”


“To an untrained mind it would” Yoongi snorts, rolling his eyes.

“Wait” Taehyung narrows his eyes at him, pouting “Are you calling me stupid?”

“Of course not Kim Taehyung”

“Jiminie! Your boyfriend is being sarcastic!”



Was this a good idea? Is what Jimin chants in his head over and over again for the past 15 minutes.






 

------

 






He never knew that the full moon party was big, not just big but huge. Jeongguk leads them to the huge beach, passing sweaty bodies and grinding couples. The Jeon owner explained to them that traditionally, the full moon party id always held every month. The party being held and hosted by one resort at a time. Sadly, they’ve missed the full moon party that Jeongguk had hosted a month ago, this month they had to take a car to another resort area where the party was.



BlackPink Beach held a valuable reputation for having the widest beach space around, and unlike Jeongguk’s exclusive resort, the BlackPink Beach was more for the public. Where literally anyone can book themselves into. Not only that, the resort even offered public restaurants and souvenir shops by the beach.



“Jeongguk? Oh my god! Jeongguk!” A girl jumps in joy, heading towards them with glee. Taehyung gasped, his nose slamming on Jeongguk’s back. He rubs his sore nose, ignoring the snickering sound behind him. The voice got even louder despite the volume of the music blaring. “Glad you could have made it!”



“Hey Lisa” Jeongguk greets the pretty girl, stumbling backwards to stand beside Taehyung. The latter blinks in confusion, watching Jeongguk as he drapes an arms around his shoulder. The pretty girl, Lisa, lifts up a brow at the action, her eyes now fixed at Taehyung “Couldn’t have missed the party. Your sisters makes the most lit fire dance arrangements after all”


“Huh, glad to hear. By the way Guk-Ah, Who’s this?” Lisa asked, looking pass them to spot an another pair behind “I never knew you brought your friends with you, well… New friends I assume? Where’s Hobi and Yug?”




Jeongguk smiles at her way, his hold around Taehyung tightening “they went to grab some drinks. This is Tae and his friends. Jimin and Yoongi. Taehyung here is my lover” He explained.




The look on her face. It held so much emotions that Taehyung was convinced he was the only one. First she face was coated with shocked, morphing into a depiction of hurt, then suddenly crashing down into defeat.


“O-oh, well then. I hope you guys enjoy the party!” Lisa hurries away, leaving the four to their spot in confusion. Jimin spoke first while looking at Jeongguk.


“You’re a heartbreaker Jeongguk, that girl seemed to like you”



“She just likes me because the idea of getting together with me would do great at their resort” Jeongguk sighs, lifting  a hand to massage his temple “BlackPink Beach is owned by four sisters, Lisa, their youngest. She’s been pinning me since the first time her sister introduce me to her… glad this happened, altho, I feel a bit bad about it”


“What a born heartbreaker” Yoongi adds in, rolling his eyes as they slip through the crowd.



Jeongguk didn’t even looked bothered by Yoongi’s words. Taehyung was beginning to believe his hyung tho. The four continued to push thru the crowd, reaching a bar to sit to.



Being in an open space, Taehyung could see the excitement on his bestfriends’ eyes. Sighing as he lets him have fun of his own. Jimin was a born butterfly and being in a crowded place was his forte. Yoongi scrunches his nose, sighing heavily as he lets Jimin drag him inside the crowd again.

Don’t get him wrong, Taehyung was like Jimin, both of them were social butterflies, but this night, every confidence in Taehyung’s body left him along with the gust of wind.


He could see them, Taehyung wasn’t sure if it was intentional but Bogum was there not too far away from them. Grinding ily at his girlfriend who lashed on him like a snake. Their bodies moving to the beat of the music, at every beat his heart sinking. It doesn’t bother him like it used to, but he cant say that it was comfortable to watch.


“We can move elsewhere if you want…” Jeongguk voice says beside him, his lips near to his ear. Taehyung turns around, seeing the deep concern on the instructor’s handsome face.


Taehyung shakes his head, giving him a small smile “I-its fine…”


“Are you sure?” A hand slides to his own, shocking him in the process.

“Yeah…You’re here with me so I’ll be just fine” Taehyung smiles.


Jeongguk doesn’t tear his eyes away from him after that. Slowly ye carefully, Taehyung felt a tug from their connected hands, making him look up to those alluring eyes.


“Dance with me then?”


Taehyung reddens at that “I..I don’t dance Gukkie, I’m horrible at it”

“Nonsense” Jeongguk shakes his head, “I’d be the judge of that”


There wasn’t even a single alcohol dropped in his system yet he feels so lightheaded all of the sudden. The way that the older pulled him to the crowd, how he glides those rough hands behind his back, how those brown doe eyes look at him. It made Taehyung painfully lightheaded, that he had to look away from the attractive man’s gaze. Once the older had led him to a spot near the bar, Jeongguk couldn’t help but pull the latter closer. His hands resting on the petite male’s waist.

Taehyung swallows, his hands placed on his fake boyfriend’s chest. “I ..really don’t know what to do”

“Just keep your eyes at me Taehyung, eyes at me” He hears the older’s voice, sending chills behind his back. Taehyung lets out a breath he never knew he was holding. He slowly looks up. “That’s right,.. just at me”


“Then..?”

“Then just follow my lead” Jeongguk smirks, holding him by the waist as he guides him to a rhythm. Taehyung smiles, his hands sliding up from the older’s chest, wrapping them around his neck instead. The music blares, mixing with the laughter of the people around them.


Jeongguk decided to wrap his arms around his waist, pulling him closer, earning a yelp from the latter.


“..” Jeongguk voiced out, his eyes darkening. Did it? Or was it because of the lights? Or the fact that it was night? “Taehyung…”

“J-Jeongguk?” He breathes out, blinking at him innocently. Jeongguk was about to say something else when he saw his eyes pass thru him. Taehyung freezes, and decided to follow his gaze.


He opened his mouth, but nothing came out, not even a gasp. Bogum was kissing Yuri, right infront of him. He wanted to force himself to look away but the pain was there. The pain stopped him from functioning. And his heart begin to shatter slowly.


“Taehyung” A pair of hands grabbed his face, forcing him to look away. “Remember what I said earlier?”


“Ke-keep my eyes at you?” Taehyung manages to mutter, blinking back his unshed tears.


“That’s right” Jeongguk’s darkened dangerously, a frown coming up to his lips “Just at me , Taehyung. And no one else…” Taehyung knitted his brows at the words.


“Je-Jeonggukie?”


“Don’t think of him Taehyung… just think of me and only me”



He wasn’t given enough time to process that, when Jeongguk suddenly surges forward.