1 : Take me to the Sky

Too Much but I Like IT







Ah the beach

 

On a tropical island, A paradise in which people escape to. Far away from the city, the universities, the campus, the students, the professors, everything!

White sand, hot sun, people in bikinis and shorts, the salty water. This is paradise, what can interrupt a beautiful summer vacation as perfect as this? Especially when you book yourselves into a very nice, relaxing private beach resort.

 

“You cant be ing serious...”

 

Taehyung readjust the lens of his binoculars, trying to gain a better view of his target. He ignores the voice behind him, really not surprise that he was caught in his own plans as usual. His target began to move and finally he can see the smug look on his face while he does. ing Bogum is all Taehyung has to say.

 

“Is this why you booked us in 5-day vacation trip to this wonderful tropical island just to spy on your Ex?!” Jimin frowns, his sweaty bangs sticking to his forehead. Taehyung slowly took his gadget away to sheepishly smile at his bestfriend before yanking him down to sit next to him behind his hiding spot.

 

His bestfriend squinted his eyes to try and see what the commotion is all about “Holy .. is Bogum seeing someone? Already…? Wow did your one year meant nothing to him?”

 

“Right?!” Taehyung hisses, giving the binoculars who Jimin gingerly took “Look! Look! He’s faces with a grade c class !”

 

Taehyung was pissed, being with a man like Park Bogum was amazing. And yeah it was amazing not until the said man came up to him one afternoon after he finish his last class and gave him a typical speech of its not you its me… The guy’s a jerk, is what Jimin would always say to him. But Taehyung was too blinded with love to even care. And while devouring a gallon of strawberry ice cream Taehyung saw a picture while scrolling through twitter. The only thing that crossed his mind was revenge and that didn’t stop him on booking the same resort Bogum was at and quickly got them tickets for the boat ride.

 

So basically Taehyung’s just one salty chicken.

 

Jimin whistles, looking thru the small binoculars. “…And now that we’re here. You plan on stalking him for 5 days?”

 

“That was the original plan.” Taehyung says.

Jimin ignores him “You could have spied on him on your own... why bring Yoongi-hyung and I here?”

 

 

“I’m planning to flaunt my gorgeous self in front of him and make him realize what he had to let go. If its doesn’t work, I’ll just come running back to you guys for emotional support. Don’t pretend you don’t like it tho. I know you and Yoongi hyung been stressing a lot so I’m just being a good bestfriend and booked us in a trip where we can relax and have fun”

 

“Flaunt in what kind of way? What, take your shirt off and walk in the beach? Or achieve a wet look from the sea and do these ty poses?”

 

“I’ll find a way..” Taehyung shrugs, dusting the sand on his short.

 

 

The ice cream vendor looked at them weirdly but didn’t mind if they are using his cart to hide. The scorching sun was madness but thankfully the cart has an umbrella shielding them from the harsh light. But it doesn’t stop them from sweating a bucket.

 

“Are you two finish spying on his so called as? You’re scaring off my customers, especially the kids” The ice cream vendor asked, looking down on them with amusement. He points at the kids glancing at them, nervously getting near the cart. Taehyung felt bad, he doesn’t know for how long was he spying.

 

Jimin frowns, raising a brow at him “Isn’t it rude to eavesdrop?”

 

“Isn’t it rude to use my cart without any permission whatsoever?”

 

Taehyung snorts, placing a hand over his lips to stop him from bursting into a fit of laughter. “Touché” He hears his bestfriend say.

 

“Obviously its hard not to listen when the both of you are gushing over the dude” the man smirked. “I’m Hoseok by the way”

“Ta—“

“Taejin and Jisoo” Jimin cuts off with a smile. Taehyung glances at him with a bewildered expression and Jimin just brushes him off. The ice cream vendor smiles, nodding at them. He excuses himself for a while, leaving the two in their business.

“Why’d you lie? That’s bad Jimin. Bad Jimin. No. I did not raise you to be that rude..” Taehyung frowns, looking thru the lens of his binoculars again.

“That guy was sketchy, who knows he might be a killer or a stalker..”

“That sells ice cream?” Taehyung snorts.

 

Jimin steals the binoculars, growling. Taehyung just sees him as a hamster instead of a wolf “Doesn’t it occur to you that its sketchy that he’s selling ice cream inside a private beach resort? That’s confusing and rather out of place”

“What’s out of place?” a voice joined in and a face squeezing in between them, making the two male yelp in surprise. Yoongi hyung did not look entertained, his pale skin was glistening with salt water, his silver hair was pushed back to let his forehead peeking out.

 

“B-Babe” Jimin sputters, standing up while dusting the sand off “What’s up?”

Yoongi’s frown deepened as he stood up to face his boyfriend “the sky”

Taehyung and Jimin knew that they were ed up.

 

“Yoongi—“

 

“You two are paying for dinner later and explain” Yoongi sighs, folding his arms together “I’m heading to the hotel”

The younger didn’t have to tell Jimin what to do, when Yoongi started walking away, his puppy boyfriend followed quickly, gushing out series of apologizes and promises. So basically Taehyung was left alone once again to spy on his ex. Finally.

But before he lift the gadget, Taehyung already sees him, them, walking to his direction. Taehyung starts to panic. Like literally let the sand eat him up right now on the spot. He cant be seen, he cant be caught, he cant let his ex know that he followed him. He scrambles out of his hiding spot and quickly but carefully ran to the sea (of course lifting his shirt up to hide his face).

The cool water greets him, making him shiver at the sudden intrusion. He faces the beach trying to catch the familiar ravenette. He doesn’t even know that his stepping back, the water covering most of his body, just in case.

 

“Watch out!” A voice yells, and before Taehyung could even turn to the voice, A hand yanked him out of the way. A board splits the water, passing him in speed. Taehyung and the man on the board made eye contact for a split second. Taehyung watched as the board dude swayed his small board and stopped when he reached the shore, the board blade scarping the sand.

 

“Dude! That was so close” Hoseok, the ice cream vendor and also his savior peers. Taehyung notices that he had changed his clothes, shirt obviously off, just leaving him in swimming trunks. “A Minute there he could have crashed into you…”

Taehyung couldn’t tear his eyes off the man, because goddamn was he ripped in a lot of ways. “I-isn’t that for wakeboarding?”.

“Yeah, well he has a hobby to let go of the rope and ride himself to the shore when he wants to.” Hoseok points out a speedboat with a rope hooked behind it. Taehyung watched as Mr. Hot stuff unties the string of the foot pads, grabbing he board and putting it under his armpit and jogs to where there were.

“Jesus, sorry about that. I seriously didn’t see you.” God his voice was the bomb. And he has a tan! The the way he rubs his neck was adorable.

“Yah kid, careful next time” Hoseok frowns, “and you call yourself an instructor..”

“Instructor?” Taehyung asks.

“Water sports instructor” The guy adds, running a hand over his wet hair making him more dreamy. “Hi, I’m Jeon Jeongguk. You know Hobi hyung?” He asks, lifting his free hand for a hand shake. Should he take it? Pfft hell yeah.

 

Taehyung shakes his hand and notices the tight grip on it. He had to suppress a gasp at the strength. This man can break his bone with no effort at all.

 

“We just met, Guk. The guy I’ve been telling you about before you hooked up in your board”

Jeongguk a grin, nodding. His eyes never leaving Taehyung. “Ah…Taejin?”

oh god “Actually its Taehyung, Kim Taehyung. My friend purposely lied. I’m sorry for that” Taehyung smiles at Hoseok’s way.

“Hey Jeongguk!” Their heads snaps to the side, to see the speedboat from earlier close to the shore, a man waving at him. Jeongguk yells back, lifting up his free hand to signal something. Taehyung gawks at how those muscles flex.

 

The hot instructor gave him a smile before fleeing off where the speedboat was. Taehyung was amaze how easy the man had jumped over to the vehicle. Throwing the board in the water, following right after. The handle attached to the rope was thrown at his way, Jeongguk lacing up the binds to his feet. And Taehyung notes that he wasn’t wearing a lifejacket, which was ten times hotter.

Hoseok cheered and claps as the speedboat roars its engines. Dragging Jeongguk easily. Taehyung was amaze on how the man easily stood up in his board, swaying the water.

“Damn…” Taehyung says out of the blue.

“You should see him swim and kiteboard” Hobi smiles, walking out of the water and into the sand. “Hey, you booked in right? Not a walk-in customer?”

Taehyung blinks, “U-uh. Yeah..”

“Okay then, It was nice meeting you Taehyung” Hoseok waves, running back to his small yet cute ice cream cart.

 

Jimin was right, the ice cream vendor was a bit sketchy.

 

 

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

 

 

 

 

 

“You two left me there in the water to boil” Yoongi grumbles, crossing his arms together in irritation. Jimin coos and walks toward his pouting boyfriend.

“And like I said babe, it wasn’t on purpose… I didn’t mean to leave you there, Tae was just taking too long and I decided to look for him. I just got distracted and all. I’m sorry?”

 

Taehyung snorts, shaking his head. These two were too sweet and gross for him to handle. But he couldn’t help but bring out a smile, it was adorable how the two of them loves each other. Taehyung envies that kind of relationship.

 

“So Taetae, on a scale of 1-10 how bangable is this guy?” Jimin asks, running a hand on his boyfriend hair to cool the latter off.

“11 out of ten. Jimin I want to ride him”

 

Jimin chokes on thin air.

 

“You just met. What about Bogum?”

Taehyung dreamily sighs, pulling on a comfy shirt. His hair still wet from his recent shower. Yoongi groans, slapping the man with a dry towel. “Bogum who?”

Jimin sighs in defeated, collapsing in Yoongi’s arms. “I give up, I thought this vacation was suppose to be relaxing. Yoongi, I feel like we suddenly became parents. First we’ve been fooled and now we’re being played? The betrayal I feel”

 

When he came back to the hotel, panting and sweating. He didn’t dare to ask why Jimin and Yoongi were in the same state as him. Nope, not today. And before the pair could ask him what’s up, he spills it. Everything in detail. Completely forgetting his goal to flaunt and .

 

Yoongi had to endure 30 minutes of suffering because when Taehyung starts talking, details will be heard, and when he means details; Every tiny thing will be mentioned. From the mole on his face to oh god Jimin he can lift me and place me in a counter kind of thing.

 

And the thing about Taehyung, he doesn’t stick to the topic. He widens it. The original topic was this cute watersport instructor, so someone explain to him why did it quickly jumped into fantasies that Yoongi doesn’t need to know.

 

“You just talked to this kid for 5 minutes yeah?” Yoongi grumbled “Christ, Tae. Are you hearing yourself? You were just given the basic information about this guy and you talk about him like a god of some sort which you have provided with research”

 

Taehyung pouts, grasping the material of his towel. “He was really nice..”

 

“Didn’t you say his name was Jeon Jeongguk?” Yoongi tilts his head to the side “his name sounds familiar…”

Jimin sighs. “Kay, enough of this. Its literally almost 5 and I’m really hungry. Tae, you tricked us on coming here, you’ll be paying for the bill for tonight. No ifs, no buts.”

Taehyung laughs.

 

 

 

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung did not complain when Jimin ordered almost half of everything in the menu. He felt bad enough so he lets his bestfriend go wild. It was lucky that Taehyung booked themselves in a nice place, A beach resort that has everything. The restaurant looked so authentic, the place offers a peaceful ambience adored with dimed sunset lights. Classical music was playing in the background, and the cool breeze from the sea beside it hits the spot oh so well.

 

He continued to adore the place when a figure arrived thru the entrance.

 

“You two weren’t ting, he did get over you quickly then expected” Yoongi says, rubbing his hands together.

 

Jimin opens his mouth, lifting his gaze to where the two were looking.

 

Taehyung’s Ex and his new girlfriend were giggling as they took a seat two tables away from them. Obviously not even noticing them. Taehyung gasped loudly and picked up the menu to cover his profile.

 

“What are you two doin?!” Taehyung hisses, his eyes pleading “Hide before he notices us!”

 

Yoongi raises a brow in question “And why would we do that?”

 

“because!” Taehyung peeks over, sighing in relief that they weren’t noticed yet. But kept the hard bounded menu on his face for safety “If he sees you here, you’ll that I’m here”

“You dug up your own grave the minute you booked us here” Yoongi smiles. “So much for wanting to flaunt when you cower like a hermit crab every chance that you see him…”

 

Jimin throws his boyfriend a look, making the latter shrug and lean back on his chair. “Taetae, its fine. If he sees us, I’ll just tell him its pure coincidence”

 

“No… Yoongi hyung is right” Taehyung swallows, slowly putting the menu down on the table. “If I want to prove myself then I shouldn’t be like this. I know I’m not making sense, one minute I’m all revenge and prove myself yada yada, then the next I’m all scared and pitiful…”

 

Taehyung claps his hands together and stood up shocking the pair in the process. He has now found a new purpose. “You know what? Yeah! him. I’m just going to enjoy this trip, Who cares if I followed him. I should be thanking him because now we’re in this nice resort, in a nice beach, in a nice restaurant and yeah him! HAHA. Forget about him. I’m too good for him anyway. Yeah people, that universe, you stress, you salty Tae! you Bo—”

 

“Tae?”

 

Taehyung stops and turns around. “O-Oh, He-hey there Bogum!”

 

He mentally face palmed himself he got too reckless. Yoongi hyung was right, he dug up his own grave. “F-fancy seeing you here, Eh?”

 

“Is this pure coincidence?” Its been a long time since Taehyung hasn’t hear his voice(3 weeks and 7 days, 9 hours and 123 seconds to be exact).

 

He glances at his friends way trying to get some help but all he got was two grins and a thumbs up. He needs better friends…

 

“Of course!” Taehyung forcibly says, plastering a fake smile in his face.

 

“Hey Jimin, Yoongi” Bogum greets them with smile. “Its nice to see you guys again”

 

Yoongi yawns, “cant say the feelings mutual”

 

Jimin chuckles, hitting his boyfriend a bit hard “what he means is, yeah. Its nice to see you too”

 

Bogum smiles, wiping his body to the side. Taehyung held his breathe when the latter wasn’t alone when they came up to them. “By the way guys, this is Yuri, my girlfriend. Babe,they're my friends”

 

Friends. This man didn’t even had the audacity to introduce him as his ex lover… or an old love companion, or partner!

 

“Mind if we join you? Its nostalgic to see you guys here” Bogum suggested too brightly. “I see you guys still have room, are you with friends? Is Seokjin hyung and Namjoon hyung here as well?”

 

Taehyung knows what’s Bogum is doing. He was evil, pure evil. Like hell Taehyung is gonna let this man sit with them. He needs to come up with something that will stop Bogum from sitting with them. Then suddenly something brilliant came out. Like super brilliant.

 

“Actually, No. I’m visiting my boyfriend here, he’ll be coming in a minute”

 

Immediately all eyes were at him, yet he still kept a steady smile. He needs to make this sound so convincing. He’ll just fake a call, talking to his boyfriend, telling him that Mr. Boyfriend wouldn’t be joining them.

 

“Oh? Then I guess he wouldn’t mind if we do join” Bogum continues, tugging Yuri to a seat next to Jimin. Bogum sat next to her, leaving a space beside Taehyung.

 

Can someone please explain to him why’d they get a huge table? Oh yeah because they just want to, no explanation needed.

 

Jimin raises a brow, watching intently as Taehyung retreated to his seat, having this look like he’s been kicked or something. Yoongi and Jimin felt bad, they could literally feel their friend’s emotions seeping out. But they couldn’t help him now, especially now that he lied to his ex with that.

 

This will be a long night.

 

“How’ve you been?” Bogum asked once he was seated. Taehyung didn’t have to look to know who’s he talking to.

 

“I’ve been good?” Taehyung lies. His voice sounding more like a question then a statement.

 

“So this boyfriend of yours,” Bogum his lips “Can I meet him?”

 

Yoongi had a scowl on his face, Jimin had to tug the latter’s arm to stop him from saying anything to smash the man’s smug tiny ing ego.

 

“Shall I get some drinks for us?” Yuri suddenly blurts out, she must have felt the tension.

 

Jimin smiles “That sounds nice. I heard their Pinacolada tastes divine”

 

“Is that so?” her eyes sparkled “Then lets order some”

 

After grabbing a waiter’s attention and ordering 6 pinacoladas, Bogum seemed to have given his attention to Taehyung instead of his girlfriend, which was odd.

 

“What have you been up too lately?”

 

“Nothing much, sketching I guess”

 

Can he take a hint?

 

“You know I an invitation for this cool full moon party tomorrow night. Are you guys going?”
“Full moon Party?” Yoongi asks.

“Yeah, its this cool part where its held in an open space near the beach, heard its gonna be packed up with people. Also there would be this famous Dj hitting the tunes. Yuri and I met one of the event organizers and got tickets”

Bogum sounds so happy, making Taehyung’s stomach swirl. But in the first place, did Taehyung asked?

“That’s nice” Taehyung smiles sweetly, his voice cringing the hell out of Jimin and Yoongi.

 

“You mentioned that your visiting your boyfriend. Is he near this resort place? Is that why you guys are here? Are you going too? That’ll be great!”

 

Taehyung did not anticipated this to happen. He was getting overwhelmed by Bogum’s sudden intrusion. He’s gonna get caught.

 

This is Taehyung’s karma. He opens his mouth to confess everything in defeat, because it was tiring to lie, then make up stories, he doesn’t care anymore. Let the ex humiliate him, let the ex butcher him.

 

“—Babe, sorry I took so long” A hand firmly grips on Taehyung’s chair, making him look up.

 

His eyes widen at the sight, dressed in a simple black and wait polo and stylish board shorts. His hair was wet, and parted in the sides to get a peek of his gorgeous forehead. The mole under his lips looked so cute and his smile wasn’t helping Taehyung to breathe properly. His skin looked so good under the light, his genes must be incredible because the tan wasn't there anymore.

 

“H-Hey” Taehyung stutters up, timidly standing up for some reason.

 

“Are you Taehyung’s boyfriend?” Bogum asks, his voice calm all of the sudden. Jimin and Yoongi were too shock and decided to watch the scene unfold. Yuri on the other hand had a blush on her face while taking in the Taehyung’s boyfriend.

 

“Yeah” Jeongguk offers him a blinding and pretty smile. His smile flatters as he looks at Taehyung, lifting up a hand on his neck to rub it sheepishly, something he also did earlier at the beach “Sorry Tae, A friend called me and I had to take it. Good news tho, we’ll be having free drinks tomorrow at the full moon party.”

 

Yuri gasped, putting a hand on “Aren’t you the guy that was wakeboarding this afternoon?”

 

Jeongguk smiles, nodding as he snakes an arms around Taehyung’s waist. He almost gasped, the man had a firm hold on him, the scent of expensive cologne invading his senses making him lean on him.

 

“Babe, this is Bogum and Yuri. You don’t mind if they j-join in with us yeah?” Taehyung plays along, stuttering a bit because Jeongguk was so close.

 

Jeongguk smiles, shocking everyone when he decides to lean in to place a chaste kiss on Taehyung’s cheek. “Of course, anything for you”

 

The hot instructor guides him back to his heat and took the empty one beside him. Jimin gave Taehyung a questioning look when an arms had draped itself on his shoulder. Taehyung shrugs, glancing to his side.

 

“Did you guys ordered yet?” Jeongguk asks, smiling to the pair across the table. Jimin raises a brow but Yoongi answered him instead.

 

“Yeah, Jimin here ordered almost everything in the menu” Yoongi plays along, liking the mystery man’s presence.

 

“That’s fine” Jeongguk smiles, lifting up a hand to call out for one of the waiters. “Can you please get me Hoseok from the kitchen?”

 

What?

 

Wasn’t Hoseok that guy managing the ice cream cart? Jimin telepathically aimed at Taehyung.

Taehyung replied with his eyes I don’t ing know anymore!

 

The person from before emerged, in a white collared shirt and beach shorts. His sleeves rolled to his elbows. And that blinding smile that Jimin complained that looked like the sun “Jeongguk, what’s up!”

 

“Hey Hobi hyung, did you get an order from table 8?” He smiles, a hand drawing circles on Taehyung’s shoulder.

 

“Yeah just now, we’re making it at the moment actually”

 

“Can you make the Tropical special for us?” Jeongguk smiles, Jimin recognizes that as the most expensive dish on the menu. “ put it on my tab, along with the rest”

 

“Of course” Hoseok laughs, “Hey there Tae!” nodding at the people in the table and winking at Taehyung way before leaving the table.

 

“Isnt that a bit too expensive… uh Jeongguk-shi?”

 

“Its okay, the bill is all taken care of honestly, it really doesn’t matter. I just want everything perfect for my Taehyungie”

 

Bogum was confused at the words, and so was Taehyung “Pardon?”

 

Taehyung in curiosity reaches over to grab a menu on the other table. He scans the menu, looking for it. He gasps at the price, it was more that $300. He closes the hard bounded menu, but then a small gold plate on the cover caught his attention. He stares at the sophistication. Jeongguk was just watching him with a smile on his face.

 

Jeon’s Hideaway, Beach Resort. Hotel and Restaurant

 

No wonder Yoongi though his name was familiar earlier when he mentioned it.

 

Gaining access on an exclusive full moon party with free drinks.

 

Ordering the most expensive food on the menu…

 

Jeongguk wasn’t just a water sport instructor,

 

He was the freaking owner.

 

of the freaking island.