Final

Say You Love Me Too

A/N: Really wanted to write something cute and fluffy so here it is.

-----

 

The first time they kissed was a dare. They were 15 years old and she stupidly agreed to a dare from the one and only Sooyoung who thought it would be hilarious to dare her to kiss her best friend. Taeyeon swore she almost choked on her own spit. Tiffany seemed completely cool with it, almost amused even, and told her it was totally alright to do. Her palms were sweating and she really felt like she could pass out but Tiffany just took her cheeks between her hands and pressed her lips to hers in a quick but soft kiss.

 

Her friends all hooted and hollered, Sooyoung being the loudest of the bunch. Tiffany could only grin at her before releasing her cheeks to settle back down in her place in the circle. This was the point Taeyeon realized she had feelings for the younger girl. The kiss just felt so right. It was her first and if Taeyeon could have it her way, the only person she’d ever want to kiss from then on was Tiffany.

 

The second time they kissed was when they were drunk at their small graduation party with friends at 18. Everyone was pretty much all passed out somewhere or busy with others and Tiffany came over to her, all smiles, and latched onto her arm. She almost tripped over her own feet from being so intoxicated and Taeyeon chose to lead the drunken, smiling mess to her room and let her sleep on her bed.

 

Tiffany, however, refused to let go of her and demanded Taeyeon sleep with her. Taeyeon could only flush in response but relent, giving into the smiling angel latched to her. In her drunken sleepiness, Tiffany brought up their first kiss and mumbled about how she always wanted to do it again before leaning forward to do just that. Tiffany was always the more forward of the two and Taeyeon never really mentioned it for fear of accidentally spilling her true feelings.

 

The kiss was just as soft and nice as she remembered the first one being. But this one lasted much longer. Tiffany just slowly moved her lips against Taeyeon’s before pulling back to give her that breathtaking smile she knew so well. She could only smile in response after recovering from her stunned state and Tiffany just snuggled into her and fell asleep promptly after. This was the point Taeyeon realized she was in love with Tiffany.

 

The third time they kissed wasn’t really a kiss but to Taeyeon, she’d take anything at this point. They were 19 and sitting there late at night binge watching movies. Somehow, Tiffany had turned to press a kiss to Taeyeon’s cheek at the same time Taeyeon had turned to face her and their lips met at awkward angles. Taeyeon instantly realized this and turned her head away, face blood red in embarrassment.

 

Tiffany could only laugh loudly and bring her hand up to run her fingers through Taeyeon’s hair. She muttered out apologies to the younger girl, not meaning to accidentally steal a kiss from her. Tiffany seemed perfectly alright with it and told her not to worry about it before pressing her lips to Taeyeon’s cheek like she had originally intended to do. It was at this point Taeyeon could see herself spending the rest of her life with the girl next to her.

 

It was when they were 21 that Taeyeon finally decided she was going to grow a pair and confess to Tiffany. She’d spent almost 7 years liking and then loving the younger girl. She wasn’t sure if Tiffany even returned her feelings, and this caused her much anxiety and stress, but she couldn’t take much more of it anymore. She’d lost so much time she could have spent with the girl. So many potential kisses, hugs, caresses, lost to her inability to put her feelings to words.

 

This was, again, assuming Tiffany even felt the same way as her. Tiffany returned her hugs just as enthusiastically as Taeyeon did. She initiated them just as often if not more. They held hands on a constant basis and Tiffany would run her thumb along the back of her hand when they were in large crowds, knowing the older girl felt uncomfortable in them. She’d put her hand on the small of the blonde’s back when they were waiting in line to get lunch. She’d kiss her cheek as a thank you every time Taeyeon got her a gift, no matter how small.

 

Taeyeon knew Tiffany was a touchy, clingy type of girl but over the years she’d noticed all these things and more that Tiffany never did with any of their other friends. It had to mean something… right? Tiffany wouldn’t just do that to her for no reason… right? All the thoughts swirled in her head constantly for years and kept her from ever saying anything. She didn’t want to be the one to ruin their friendship if she took all those gestures for more than they actually were.

 

Taeyeon had invited her over with the exact intent of confessing to the girl under the guise of just spending some time together. She said she missed her with them being so busy with school and she just wanted to spend some time with her best friend. Tiffany was quick to say yes, seemingly all over the idea, and offered to bring some food and drinks when she came over. Tiffany had gotten there in record time, hands full of alcohol and fast food and they hugged just like they always did.

 

So there they were, in Taeyeon’s apartment, on the couch just enjoying each other’s company while they ate and nursed their first drink. Tiffany was all smiles and telling her all about how Seohyun had been asked out by a boy in her math class.

 

“You should have seen her eyes, Taetae. Wide as saucers. Swear to god she looked like she’d never been asked out before in her life.”

 

Taeyeon just chuckled and took a sip of her drink before setting it down to pick up her burger.

 

“I remember the first time she got asked out on a date. She hid behind Yoona and just nodded her head in response. Poor Yoona looked like she wanted to be anywhere but there.”

 

She took a bite of her burger, a small smile on her face at the memory.

 

“Well, She didn’t have Yoona this time. But she was pretty cool about it after the initial shock. Like, I wish I could be that calm when my crush asks me out. I envy that about her.”

 

Taeyeon gave her a surprised look.

 

“It was the guy she has a crush on? Wow! But, I mean, how could he not like her? Ahh, My baby is growing up so well.”

 

Tiffany just laughed loudly and brought her hand up to pat Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

“I thought the same thing! She said yes and I almost teared up.”

 

Taeyeon just settled herself into the couch and finished up her burger, Tiffany’s hand now resting on her shoulder and rubbing it in small circles. She watched as the younger girl brought up her drink to her lips to down the rest of it and Taeyeon just wished she could be that cup right now. This thought reminded her of exactly why she had asked Tiffany over in the first place and she sat up straight, now sweating bullets. Tiffany seemed to notice this action and raised her eyebrow at her.

 

“You… You alright there, Tae?”

 

Taeyeon quickly grabbed Tiffany’s hand off her shoulder with her left hand before settling it in her lap, her right hand going to cover Tiffany’s palm and run circles on it with her thumb.

 

“Umm-- Miyoung--”

 

Tiffany’s eye softened and she brought her free hand up to tuck some of Taeyeon’s stray blonde strands behind her ear.

 

“What’s wrong? Did something happen?”

 

She tilted her head to the side, looking concerned.

 

“Did you ask me over to tell me something? Are you alright!?”

 

Tiffany looked like a concerned mother hen now, fretting over her child that had tripped and scraped their leg. Taeyeon would have laughed at the reaction if she wasn’t so nervous about what she was intending to do. Tiffany just grasped her chin with her free hand and turned her head from side to side, as if scrutinizing and looking for something wrong.

 

“No, Miyoungie. I’m fine. I just-- I have something to tell you, yes. But it’s-- It’s not something like me dying or anything. I’m perfectly fine.”

 

Tiffany visibly relaxed but still looked concerned, hand going up to run her fingers through Taeyeon’s hair.

 

“Oh good.”

 

She exhaled loudly.

 

“Thought it was something bad. I was about to have a heart attack. Anyway, what’s up? You look like you’re about to turn into a pool of sweat on your living room floor.”

 

Tiffany just poked her cheek, now chuckling nervously and Taeyeon, once again, would have laughed if Tiffany’s words weren’t so accurate at this moment in time.

 

“I-- Ever since we were younger I’ve-- You know--”

 

Taeyeon couldn’t look the younger girl in the eyes and instead opted to look down at her hands as she nervously traced patterns on the back of Tiffany’s hand.

 

“I-- I have feelings for you, Tiffany. I’m in love with you.”

 

She instantly squeezed her eyes shut and froze up, her teeth digging into her bottom lip now that those dreaded but magnificent words exited . She could feel Tiffany’s hand stiffen up in her grasp and she swore she was going to puke from all this. That couldn’t be a good sign. Once she had finally gotten up the courage to, she opened her eyes and looked up to see a furiously blushing Tiffany looking off to the side.

 

“Umm-- Fany-ah?”

 

Tiffany just glanced at her, seemingly embarrassed as well before opening to respond.

 

“I-- Wow-- I thought--”

 

Taeyeon found herself tearing up because Tiffany was laughing now. But they were tears of embarrassment more than sadness because Tiffany’s laugh was so joyous and it reached her eyes and Taeyeon swore she fell in love all over again.

 

“I always thought I’d be the one to confess first! I wasn’t even expecting this at all!”

 

Tiffany still wasn’t looking at her and Taeyeon figured it was out of embarrassment too but she was too consumed with what Tiffany had said. Did that mean…?

 

“Does that mean you… You have feelings for me too…?”

 

Finally, Tiffany looked at her with the biggest, prettiest smile she’d ever seen and it was one of those that made her heart do back flips.

 

“Yes! God, yes I do! So much so It was eating away at me.”

 

Tiffany pulled her hand from Taeyeon’s grasp to cup her cheeks and run her thumbs on the skin there, smile softening, eyes full of adoration.

 

“I adore you so much, Taeyeon. I don’t think there are enough words in the dictionary to describe how much I do.”

 

Taeyeon’s heart stopped. At least, it certainly felt like it did. The love of her life felt the same way she did. The girl she pinned after for years, the girl who made her palms sweat, the girl who made her heart stop and start all in the same go, the girl whose touch could set her on fire. Tiffany was amazing and like she said, there weren’t enough words to describe how much Taeyeon loved her.

 

“I think I lost the ability to breath.”

 

She finally smiled back at the brunette in front of her. The biggest one she thinks she’s ever given anyone.

 

“Oh-- Let me help you with that.”

 

Tiffany leaned in to press her lips to Taeyeon’s, a gentle but firm kiss and Taeyeon noted this was now their fourth kiss. And dear god it was the best one yet. It was almost comical how Taeyeon was even keeping count of these kisses but she hoped soon there’d be so many she’d just lose count. Words didn’t do how she felt any justice.

 

Her arms went to wrap around the younger girl's waist and pull her close as she tilted her head to the side, lips still fused with the other girls. After what seemed like forever, something Taeyeon had no complaints about, Tiffany pulled back to take in a deep breath. All she could do was rest her forehead against the brunette’s and smile brightly.

 

“I love you, Miyoung.”

 

Tiffany wrapped her arms around Taeyeon’s neck and nudged her nose against the older girl’s, smiling just as brightly back.

 

“I love you too, Taetae.”

 

--

 

Just as Taeyeon had hoped, she’d lost count of the amount of times they’d kissed. She’d still remembered the first four times vividly even now, at 28 years old. She still remembered them like they were yesterday. The older girl smiled down at her sleeping girlfriend who was curled up next to her on the bed. She had been reading a book but got too distracted by the adorable love of her life dozing off next to her. They’d had a busy day that day, helping Yoona move into her new apartment, so it was no wonder the girl was so tired.

 

Taeyeon brought her hand up to run her fingers through the brunette’s soft locks and continued to smile. Tiffany was just as beautiful now as she was the day they met. The action must have woken the girl because she stirred before opening her eyes and looking up at Taeyeon drowsily.

 

“Did I doze off…?”

 

She brought her hands up to rub her eyes and yawned and Taeyeon thought it was the most adorable thing in the world.

 

“Mhm. It’s alright. Go back to sleep, love.”

 

Taeyeon continued to run her fingers through the younger’s hair but Tiffany, instead of just closing her eyes again, wrapped her arm around Taeyeon’s waist and rested her chin on her shoulder, smiling.

 

“I’d rather talk to you. Were you reading?”

 

Taeyeon closed her book and set it on the nightside table before settling back down next to her girlfriend and shook her head.

 

“Nah, I was just thinking. Your gorgeous face distracted me.”

 

Tiffany just clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes.

 

“Very funny. What were you thinking about?”

 

Taeyeon just pursed her lips, trying to hold back a big grin before responding.

 

“I was serious. But I was thinking about the first time we ever kissed.”

 

The younger girl beside her tilted her head a bit, giving her a curious look.

 

“You mean when Sooyoung dared you to kiss me? That one?”

 

Taeyeon nodded her head, looking a bit surprised.

 

“Yeah. You actually remember that?”

 

Tiffany lifted her head up off Taeyeon’s shoulder, giving her a look that said “Are you serious?”

 

“Uh, yes. Of course I do. First of all, It was my first kiss. Second of all, I swear I thought I was going to die of embarrassment when she dared you to do that. Probably one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.”

 

Taeyeon swore her eyes could have popped out of her head.

 

“W-wait! That was your first kiss!? I thought-- Surely-- Well-- That was my first kiss too so…”

 

Tiffany scrunched up her nose at the question but her gaze softened at the second part.

 

“I mean, It would make sense. We’ve always been close so don’t you think we would have told each other if we’d kissed anyone else before that?”

 

Tiffany pressed a soft kiss to Taeyeon’s shoulder and Taeyeon just smiled softly at her, hand searching for the younger girl’s. Once she found it, she gave it a squeeze.

 

“Probably. I’ve only ever kissed you. And if I have it my way, I’ll only ever kiss you.”

 

Tiffany looked quite amused at this and intertwined her fingers with Taeyeon’s. She leaned in to press a kiss to Taeyeon’s cheek.

 

“Has anyone ever told you how horribly cheesy you can be? It’s cringy but also super endearing.”

 

Taeyeon couldn’t hold herself back anymore and wrapped her arm around Tiffany’s waist to pull her closer as she settled down next to her on the bed so they were both facing each other. She nudged her nose against the younger girl’s before pressing her lips to the other girls for the however many times this one was. It was a soft, short kiss and she grinned widely after she pulled away.

 

“You do. All the time. Anyone ever told you how pretty you are? Because wow, I’m super super lucky to have such a pretty girlfriend.”

 

Tiffany just chuckled and pressed a few kisses to the blonde’s lips.

 

“Yeah, You do. All the time. I love you.”

 

Taeyeon returned each kiss and more.

 

“I love you too.”

 

And Taeyeon really had lost count of all those kisses. There were far too many to count, just like she wished for. Tiffany was everything she ever wanted and ever could want. Forever and ever.