Chapter 9

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s dark. So dark that Tae Rin can barely see anything. ‘Where am i?’ she’s wondering. She looked around and realised, she’s drowning slowly in the deep water. There’s nothing around. Just herself, drowning and drowning. Her body didn’t even move as if she just let the water swallow her. ‘But why am I here?’ she have no idea why she drowned herself in the water. ‘Am I already dead? Someone save me…’ she silently screaming, hoping there’s someone can hear her. Suddenly Tae Rin can see someone is swimming towards her. She can’t see that person’s face. It was too dark but she figured out that person was a guy. ‘Oppa? Tae Hyung oppa?’She tried to figure out who he is. The guy extended his hand to reach her and Tae Rin reached out her hand as well but he’s too far and she kept on drowning deeper. ‘Tae Rin-shi!’ She heard someone calling her and the voice sounds like Jongin. ‘Jongin, please save me…’ she said weakly.

“Tae Rin-shi!” Jongin shook her body lightly. Tae Rin blinked her eyes open and stared at the ceiling. She then looked at Jongin who was looking down at her. “Jongin…shi?” She’s confused as to why he’s there. She sat up and rubbed her temple as she felt a bit headache. She’s drenched in sweat.

“Are you alright? You are sweating a lot” he asked.

“Yeah…I’m fine” she replied.

“Are you sure?” he asked again. Tae Rin nodded lightly. Jongin looked at her, concerned with what happened.

A little while ago, he knocked her door when someone talking in her room. He then entered when she didn’t respond. He saw her sleep talking, murmuring something that he could not understand. He went closer and saw her frowning and she’s sweating so he tried to wake her up. He shook her body lightly and called her name. He then heard her said in a weak voice ‘Jongin, please save me’ which surprised him.

He sighed. “I’ll make breakfast, you can go and take a shower” with that he left the room and towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast. As he was preparing the breakfast, his mind wandered off to what he heard just now. He tried to shrug it off by saying that it’s just her talking nonsense in her sleep but he could not stop thinking that there’s reason behind it. Does it has to do with what Joong Ki said yesterday? What has she done in the past? Come to think about it, I never heard about her birth mother. Does she has anything to do with this? Jongin never know about Tae Rin’s birth mother. He had no idea who she is. Even his family didn’t know about it. I bet nobody know who she is or how she looks like. “Ouch!”Jongin yelped as he accidently cut his index finger. He quickly the blood that was dripping off her finger.

“Are you okay?” Tae Rin quickly came to his side as she saw him cut his finger with the knife. “Let me take a look” she hold his hand to look at his injured finger. Jongin just let her hold his hand “Sit. I’ll go and take the first aid kit” she ordered him to sit down on the stool while she went and get the first aid kit box.

Tae Rin put an antiseptic onto the cut and Jongin yelped. “Ouch!”

“I’m sorry” Tae Rin said when she saw Jongin winced in pain. She blow it softly to ease the pain before she wrapped it with a clean plaster. “Done! Be careful with the knife next time” she said. “I’ll finish the rest” she said and went to kitchen counter.

Jongin watched her from behind as she continued cutting and cooking the food. He realised that Tae Rin somehow looked so fragile and she need a protection but she hide it with her cold demeanour. He didn’t know why but he felt a sudden strong feeling to hug her and tell her that he will be there when she need him. Without realisation, he walked towards Tae Rin and hug her from behind. Tae Rin was surprised with his sudden action “Jongin-shi?”

“Stay” he whispered to her ear. “Just for few minutes” he buried his face at the crook of her neck making Tae Rin shivered a bit. Why don’t you tell me what had happened Tae Rin? Why did you hide it? Jongin wanted to say it out loud but he decided that he will wait for the right time to come. He knew Tae Rin would not tell him now but she might later.

Tae Rin was confused, she didn’t know what to do when Jongin suddenly hugged her from behind. Her body just remained stiffed. Why was he acting this way? He’s acting strangely these days. He’s causing me to want him more.

Jongin released the hug when he realised what he had done and sat on the stool. Tae Rin felt a sudden lost, as if someone had took her warmness away. She like it when Jongin hug her. She felt safe and sound. She felt like she could burst at any moment if he hug her longer because she felt an emotional roller coaster these days.

“I’m sorry. I…” he wanted to apologise for suddenly hugging her when she cut him “Can you hug me again” she turned to look at him. Jongin gapped at her sudden request. Tae Rin realised what she said. Stupid! That’s embarrassing!

“So…sorry. Forget what I just said” she turned around as she felt embarrassed with it. Jongin suddenly hold her hand and turned her around again to face him before he hugged her. Tae Rin’s eyes grew wider and she took a few moments to register what was happening again.

“You don’t have to be embarrass about it. I’m your husband” he said, hugging her tightly. Tae Rin closed her eyes and hugged him back. She buried her face into his broad and warm chest, inhaling his manly scent. She didn’t care what will happen sooner or later because right now she doesn’t want this moment to end.

 

Jongin was doing some minor works in his home office room. He couldn’t help but to smile ear to ear as he remembered about the incident that happened this morning. He looked at his hands that were hugging her petite body just now. He was amazed how she fit perfectly in his arms. He stared out the window and wondering what she was doing right now. He decided to check her out. Jongin went downstairs to find her sitting comfortably on the couch. She was wearing an oversized t-shirt and legging but she still look beautiful to him.

Tae Rin saw Jongin coming downstairs and heading towards her. “Do you need anything Jongin-shi?”

“Do you want to go outside? We can eat lunch and dinner while we’re at it?” Jongin asked.

“Now?”

Jongin nodded. “Wear something warm. It’s cold outside” he said.

 

They went to Myeongdong Street and there’s a lot of people crowding the place, mostly youths and foreigners. It is famous for its street foods and variety of shops and cafes. Jongin and Tae Rin walked down the street together. Jongin always want to come here but he didn’t have the time to do so as he’s always busy with his work. He’d been here before when he’s in college with his friends but that was a long time ago and he hardly remember what they did. He assumed they probably went to a club somewhere here.

“Have you been here before?” Jongin asked.

“No, I don’t think I did” she replied.

“Really? Did you leave in a cave before?” he joked. “You never watch a fountain show in Han River before as well”

“I guess I’m just a nerd who never once enjoy her life” she shrugged her shoulders. She’s too busy maintaining her grades that she never think about enjoying her life once. She didn’t even have a friend to enjoy with.

“Well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter