The First Meeting

Love From the Future

 "Hi, I'm Sungyeol"

Who was he? Why was he suddenly introducing himself to me? Why was he smiling that? I didn't know at all, and I didn't know what to do. I was still sitting without doing anything because I was afraid the atmosphere would be awkward. But that guy named Sungyeol suddenly sat beside me and asked me why I looked so sad.

 "You look so sad, what's wrong?" He asked me and smiled, "Can I help you?" 

I didn't answer him, but I shook my head. I was too shy to answer that question because Sungyeol was a stranger. He smiled again and took a tissue from his pocket, and then he handed it to me. How could a stranger be so nice like that?

 "I know you're about to cry," Sungyeol laughed a little, "May I ask you what your name is?"

 " ___ ," I said. I looked down and blushed. For a stranger, Sungyeol was too nice.

 "And... why are you sad?" Sungyeol asked me again.

Sungyeol was being too nice. He didn't even know me, why did he act like he had known me for more than a year? I felt so weird. A stranger hadn't talked to me like this before.But I thought Sungyeol was a nice guy. I was sure he wouldn't hurt me.

 "I... Can you keep a secret?" I was about to explain my problem to Sungyeol, but I thought I should keep my problem as a secret because I didn't want my future to be changed.

Sungyeol nodded and his face looked really serious. I thought he was too curious and he really wanted to know the reason why I looked sad. 

 "I... I'm lost," I said. I thought of my future. My life. And I cried, because I was too afraid my life would be changed. 

 "What do you mean?"

Suddenly I changed my mind. I didn't want a stranger to know my secret. I didn't answer him and I got up and tried to leave Sungyeol there. But I felt something was wrong. I didn't know why. My heart told me to tell Sungyeol all my secrets but my mind told me to leave him there. 

I turned back and looked at Sungyeol. I saw his innocent eyes and his confused eyes. This boy was really nice, I couldn't leave him. 

 "Is there anything I can do for you?" Sungyeol asked me. I was just standing there, I didn't even move. But then I sighed and sat beside Sungyeol.

 "You're so weird," I said, "You... you don't even know me but you are being nice, I mean, too nice"

Sungyeol laughed a little and he looked at me, "Why can't a stranger help you?" he asked, "You've helped me a lot"

What? I didn't think I had met him before. How could I help him?

 "Ah, no. I haven't met you before, Sungyeol,"

 "Yes, I haven't met you before. I was walking around this park and then I saw you sitting he," he said, "I was sad at first, but I saw you, you looked so sad. And I realized that I wasn't the only one who was sad" 

 "Why were you sad?" I asked him curiously. 

 "I lost my music box," Sungyeol answered, "it's small, but the sound of that music box is really.... beautiful"

Music box? It reminded me of the small music box I found 5 years later. I should really tell Sungyeol about what happenned to me. 

 "Sungyeol," I said, "If I tell you my secret will you believe me?"

Sungyeol nodded and looked at me. He looked curious. I was pretty sure he would believe me. And I was sure he could help me.

 "I... I come from the future," I tried to explain everything to him, "I'm lost, I'm so lost. I don't know what to do. I don't remember anything except what I did on my 22nd birthday. A fairy came to my room and I told her I wanted to go back to the past and then yeah, I'm here but... I can't remember anything. Help me, Sungyeol. Help me" 

I told him about it and I was almost crying. I was really afraid, I was afraid my life would be changed. I knew, just by talking to Sungyeol, my life had changed. 

 "Sungyeol, can I see the picture of your music box?" I asked him, "Because I found a music box... from the future"

Sungyeol showed me the picture of his music box and I was really surprised because his music box was the same with mine. It was small and gold, really beautiful. And it had beautiful gears, like what clocks had.

 "Do you know anything about... time travelling?" I asked Sungyeol again. I knew I was asking too much but I didn't care. I was sure Sungyeol would help me. He could help me.

Sungyeol was just looking down. But then he looked at me and smiled a little. What was the meaning of that smile?