Back to the past. It's real!

Love From the Future

July 2nd, 2016. It was my 22nd birthday. Instead of throwing a party, I would just stay in my room and find something interesting. It was still 1am. People in my house were asleep. I looked out the window and looked up to the sky. No star at all. That night was really dark. 

I got bored of the sky. So I lied on my bed, not knowing what to do. But then I decided to open a big box in my room. I put all my old stuffs there. I couldn't even remember what the stuffs I put were. 

I opened that box and found so many interesting stuffs. I found Mary, a doll I got from my uncle. And then I found a necklace, I got it from my friend. And I found a small music box, I didn't even remember I had it. And the thing that caught my eyes was an old book. A green book. 

I took that book and opened it. I started reading it from the very first page. 

 "My mornings are nights to some others," 

I thought that sentence was familiar. But I couldn't remember when I read that sentence. Then I opened the next page. I read it, and I realized that it was my diary. I read everything, and I felt like crying because those memories were unforgettable. 

When I was reading my diary, suddenly someone rang me up. It was Kyurim, my best friend. Oh, she didn't forget my birthday. I answered her call,

 "Happy Birthday!" Kyurim said, "Sorry for calling you at the midnight,"

 "Thank You! Ah, no, it's okay. I'm awake," I said to Kyurim, "You better sleep now. It doesn't mean I don't want to talk to you... but it's 1 in the morning!"

 "Don't worry! It's completely okay. So, what are you doing now?" Kyurim asked me. She didn't seem to be sleepy. So I answered her,

 "Reading my diary. It's so fun to re-read it! Do you remember the first time we met? In Yeouido park! Do you still remember it?" I answered. 

 "Of course I remember it! If I didn't meet you, I wouldn't be your best friend," Kyurim said, "When was it?"

 "May 12th, 2011" I said, "Well, Kyurim, just go to bed now. We have to go to school tomorrow. I promise I will bring my old diary," 

 "Okay then. Good night," Kyurim hung up and then I was back to my diary. I read the second page of the diary and I wanted to cry when I read it. It was May 13th, 2011, the day when I lost Haeri. Haeri used to be my best friend, but because of a misunderstanding, I lost her. She didn't want to be my friend anymore. Only if I could go back to the past, I would change everything. Although I had Kyurim, I wanted Haeri back to be my best friend.

I sighed and closed the diary. I decided to sleep. But suddenly I heard someone calling my name. I didn't know whose voice it was. I hadn't heard that voice before. I saw something coming from the window. It was shining brightly. Too bright, that I could see nothing. I was really scared and I couldn't even move.

The light went brighter and brighter. I closed my eyes and tried not to look at the light. But then I heard someone calling my name again. I opened my eyes and then the light wasn't too bright anymore. I took a deep breath but suddenly I got really surprised because I saw a... fairy! Yes, it was a fairy!

 "I see that you want to go back to the past and change everything, right?" The fairy asked me. 

I didn't say anything but I was just nodding. The fairy then grinned and said, "You will be a good girl forever. And now, please close your eyes,"

I closed my eyes and did everything the fairy told me to. Was it real? Was it just my fantasy? 

Then the fairy told me to open my eyes again. My room looked different. And when I looked at the clock, it was 7 in the morning. I looked at the calendar. April 8th, 2011.

Oh my God. I really went back to the past. I tried to remember everything, but I couldn't. I couldn't remember what happened to me. But I knew something. I went back to the past on my 22nd birthday. A fairy sent me to the past. Kyurim rang me up. I found my diary. I could only remember what happened to me on my 23rd birthday until the fairy sent me here.

And then I realized that I couldn't  remember anything, except what I did on my 22nd birthday and what I read that time. Ok. I only had to go to May 13th and get Haeri back. But... it was still April 8th. What should I do? 

I tried to find my diary and read what I wrote earlier. But it was still April 8th and the first day I wrote something on that diary was on May 12th. And I was still 16.

I went outside. My parents were there. But I couldn't tell them that I went from the future. I was sure, they couldn't help me.

 "Honey, where are you going?" My mom asked me. 

 "Mom... I can't tell you. Bye!" I ran outside and went to the nearest bookstore to buy a diary. I was sure I bought the diary on that bookstore because I was always always buying stationeries there. I hope I could get the same diary.

But then I realized that buying a diary would change my future. I didn't want that. Because I was afraid I would change my future, I didn't buy a new diary.

I went to a park near my house. The name of the park was Yonsang park. I sat on a bench there. I was about to cry, I was afraid I couldn't go back to the future. I was afraid I couldn't get my life back. 

Suddenly someone touched my shoulder. I looked back and saw a guy with a charming smile. He smiled at me and I smiled back at him. Maybe he could see that I was sad.

 "Hi, I'm Lee Sungyeol," that guy said and grinned.