End.

Carpe Diem

Before anything else, this story is best BEST BEST read while listening to  A Silent Voice ost. Lit piano version. Make sure u guys keep on repeating the music because it'll brings u more to the feels and mood.

Without further ado, enjoy ❤

{🌸}

       People do not know how it truly feels like being sad. All they know is the sad quotes and poems and words that they've posted as a caption in their social media. To appear cool, or to aware people.. who knows?

Kim Jieun double click a photo on her instagram feed. It was a photo of a dog and its owner, laying there on the couch with a bored expression. She knows despite the reaction they made, both are very happy. The owner and the dog complete each other. It is their safe haven together.

She smile down to the picture, what it is really feels like to be genuinely happy as them? Or the other people around them? Her classmates.. her family?

Jieun puts down her phone and glance outside the bright shining blue sky. As someone who puts her trust in God, she knows her life is meant for a reason.

As she stare too long towards the blinding rays, her eyes started to water and she then feel some sort of dizziness that probably might kill her if she did not take her medicine in.

Kim Jieun slump down the sofa with a sigh and still hanging is a delicate smile,

Carpe diem. She whisper softly as the wind carries her words, up there for the angels to hear. She hopes for an answer.

-

Jieun walks down the hallway with heavy books on her arms. She is yet to graduate due tomorrow so today is the day where she have to clear up her locker. Inside was tons of memories back when she was still a junior up till now.

The locker itself buries so many unwanted and lovely memories as it own.

Jieun walks down the empty hallway alone. Leaving behind is a box where all those memories kept. She let the janitors to clean it up. What made in school, stays in school.

-

The graduation gown is a little too loose for her. How weird that she precisely took a gown that fits her well. She didn't have time to question more when a hand wrap securely around her, then spins her around.

"Lee Jieun! We're finally gonna graduate OH MY GOD!" It was Park Chanyeol, her ever first friend that stayed by her side since kinder days.

Jieun laughs, "put me down, Chanyeol ah or I'm gonna throw up at your face." She punch him lightly by his forearm and that actually made Chanyeol stop spinning her around.

"Ew don't throw up on me..! I spent like 5 hours doing my makeup and hair." Jieun snicker as she heard how a guy is actually went through a makeup session just so he could look presentable and handsome enough for this one fine day.

She nods, "I get it Chanyeol. But really, you don't have too you know. You are handsome enough everyday" Jieun smile proudly to him, reaching up to fix his slight messed hair.

"Is this a confession? You know how I am not available to be hit up right now.. you're too late Jieun ah." Chanyeol bow a little to match their height and send her an apologetic look, somehow with a little fake regret.

Chanyeol didn't mean that words, Jieun knows.

Jieun roll her eyes as she made a face of annoyance. "Shut up yoda.. you're just so ungrateful sometimes right?" Chanyeol laughs out loud as he rub her head affectionately, with a soft smile on his face.

"Ungrateful but you love me anyway right?" Jieun scoff as she push his hand away. Too much affection isn't really their thing. But they know every word they have said to each other is sincere and ever true.

Jieun was about to retort back when a certain person walks outside the hall room where the graduation is about to start. She was searching for him, Chanyeol.

"There's Wendy over there.. I bet she's looking for you. Go on tiger, your princess is waiting." Jieun narrow him to where the girl is currently went. Chanyeol looks towards the path then to the girl infront of him.

Chanyeol place a comforting hand on her shoulder, "I'm going first okay?"

Jieun nod and meekly gives a cheeky smile to him. Chanyeol's the one who is rolling his eyes now as he jogs down to the direction where his love one is at, leaving his best friend behind.

Jieun looks at him until he was gone out of sight before walking inside the hall room alone. Some things are just not meant to be together; just like how she have known him for a decade yet he was destined with someone he only know less than a year.

Who aren't meant to be together, should remain what they currently are by heart. A best friend for a best friend.

-

Taking in everything infront of him, Jieun throws a big smile towards the proudly standing building which she have stayed for as long as 3 years. It's time to go now and face a bigger reality out there in the real world.

She was the last one to walk outside the gate as how she wanted things to be. Chanyeol has left and said his farewell to her, wishing her a good life ahead as he will one day leave their gigantic hometown and head on to chase his dream. He made sure she's still holding on with their promises, hoping and faithfully wanting all of it to come true and done.

So does her classmates. They all form a group hug and wish prayers for a better and brighter future ahead. Jieun has never laugh so loud her entire life that time, how half of her classmates wanted to see her getting married soon and wanting to be part of the unbeknownst ceremony of gleam.

The day has ended as the twilight sky hits the horizon. Jieun knows it's finally time to go and say goodbye to these lovely place filled with memories.

She wave at the building, though ridiculous to get a wave back, as her car rode outside the path and away to where she belongs.

-

Lee Jieun always wanted to be a doctor. It is one of her biggest dream and she wouldn't settle for any other.

Today, she met another doctor that isn't the usual one at all. "Hello," Jieun greets.

The doctor greets back, and do his norm routine that is to check on the patient after they got their chemo done. Jieun stares at him as he does his job, dedicated.

"So.. how did you became a doctor if I may ask?" She start asking, like how she normally do when she met a new doctor everytime she visits by.

"Well..." the doctor starts off and little did he knows, he have stayed for a good hours as he enthusiastically told his journey to Jieun who seems to be listening with full excitement.

Clapping her hand everytime a joke came and laugh also talk along with him.

Jieun learns that happiness is contagious, so give it to them who deserves it and needed it. Jieun thought he looks a little stressed out and the familiar hope is long gone from his glance.

Happiness is contagious indeed.

-

Chanyeol was on his way to his 8am class when Wendy called him. Tone almost worrisome and she sounds like she's crying.

He asked why several time before she said that he should fly back to Korea. Quickly, he had. Chanyeol thought that was ridiculous so because he still have a university to go and a dream to chase. A money to save and a journey to walk.

But Wendy insist and began to sob uncontrollably. Chanyeol asked why again?

"Jieun.. she doesn't have much time left."

-

"Kim Jieun. Born in 1997 and peacefully left the world behind her at 2:30pm, 3 December 2017. Lost in a battle of brain cancer stage four..." Chanyeol hold his tears, didn't actually know if he could make his speech any second now.

Chanyeol cup his eyes and let the tears stream down. He continues, "all the while I am with her.. Jieun has always been this one cheerful girl who believes a smile could be a cure to the sick ones. Of course, growing up you will eventually thinks that it's nothing more than just a mere belief."

He broke down at his own words, "Had I only know she is one of the sick ones, I would smile for her every single day. I wouldn't ever leave her side."

At the end, those people who spoke during her funeral mentioned how her kindness blooms into their hearts and how they are very thankful for everything she did.

The doctors of the hospital she was at all came to the event, paying their earnest respect towards the bright girl who shines no more than a star and instead as a patient, treated them as a friend, a family who took good care of them despite the sickness and pain she's holding.

-

Everyone left with a painful and heavy heart as her tombstone was decorated with flowers of white and yellow, gratitudes and thoughts they wish they'd told her sooner.

Chanyeol was the very last one to leave, along with Jieun's parents who's waiting for him in the car. Craved beautifully is a quote she has been holding on eversince she read a book by Haruki Murakami.

The sky is beautiful today. No glimpse of cloudy dark clouds ahead. Instead, a ray of sunshine shoots from above, making the words shine wonderfully than ever.

Chanyeol caress the craved tombstone slowly, reading again the words one last time as he promise to hold on to it, along.

He finally walks back to the car and drive away. The quote reads, "I can bear any pain as long as it has meaning," will forever etch in his heart.

Till the day they will meet again.

The End.

 

 


A/N :

Hello hello it's me again with another Chanyeollie story <3 I've actually post this story {click here} at my wattpad account ^^ make sure to check it out because I usually post story there before updating here! and anyway i'm too lazy to check out for any grammatical error oops hahaha

Until my next update, happy reading!

p/s u may found the cover i used for this story is different from my wp account. thats because i can't find the image back so gotta use a new one lol.

Don't forget to subscribe and do comment ur thoughts! If it's worthy tp upvote, I'll be the most happiest! Thankyouuu~