Hope I Didn't Snore

Once Upon An Airplane Ride

Jongin woke up, not knowing how many hours had passed but noticing the cabin was dark and there was no more sunlight streaming through the windows. As he stretched and tried to clear his mind, he felt a rustling beside him. Turning, he noticed the girl beside him had once more turned over to face the window. As he looked her direction, he saw that she too was stretching and seemed to be waking up. "What will I say to her once she is awake?" he thought to himself, unexpected butterflies dancing in his stomach.

As if she had heard his thoughts, the girl turned to face the front, straightening up in her seat with a slow stretch and giant yawn. She looked around the cabin as she pushed the hoodie off her head, revealing messy blonde hair. "She moves like a baby kitten," he thought watching her . In fact, he wouldn't be surprised to hear soft purrs coming out of her as she continued to stretch. It was during one of the stretches as she looked around the cabin curiously that she finally met Jongin's gaze. "Oh!" she said softly, Her cheeks turned pink almost immediately. "How do you do?"

"How do I do?" Jongin repeated to himself. "I do like a middle school kid with his first crush! Why is she affecting me like this?" Ending his mental conversation with himself, he cleared his throat and responded. "I'm doing well. How are you?"

"Oh, I'm fine," she said, her blush turning even pinker and setting off her porcelain pale skin. "I'm sorry if I snored or anything while I was asleep." I've been traveling for a couple of days and was super tired."

Jongin tried to concentrate on the normal conversation they were having, but it seemed like all he could think of at the moment was the adorable husky tone of her voice and her gorgeous green eyes. "Even her eyes look like a cat," he thought. But as she suddenly flashed a beautiful smile at him, it seemed less like the baby kitten he had thought her and more like a dangerous kitten. "She looks so innocent," he thought, "but there is definitely more to this chick that meets the eye."

After Jongin mumbled a response about her not snoring, she crinkled her nose and looked at him with a strange look on her face. "You know, you look kind of familiar."

With those words, Jongin snapped back to reality. Oh great, she knew who he was and know the rest of the flight would be full of questions about EXO and what it was like to be a Kpop idol. He opened his mouth to respond, but suddenly her eyes grew big and she threw her hand over in shock.

"Oh no!!!" she exclaimed.

Jongin jumped at her sudden movements and loud voice. "Wh.. what? What's the matter?"

She suddenly looked like she could cry. "Oh no.... earlier I was dreaming... well, at least I thought it was a dream. I dreamed I was snuggled up to this gorgeous guy and looking into his eyes. But then I just remembered that it was YOUR face I saw in the dream. So that must mean.... it wasn't a dream, was it?"

Jongin felt a sense of relief wash over him that she still didn't seem to recognize him as EXO's Kai. Chuckling, he admitted, "It definitely wasn't a dream, but it wasn't a nightmare either!"

At her confused look, he rushed to say more simply, "It was fine. I didn't mind... at all actually. So, don't worry about it."

She sat frozen for a second before a tiny sound escaped her. Soon, the sound grew louder and before Jongin knew what was happening, her shoulder were shaking in laughter. And before he realized it, he too was laughing, his cheeks hurting from smiling and his toned tummy aching from the giggles bubbling up from deep inside him. Their laughter continues on for almost a minute before passengers finally started looking at them with annoyed faces. Remembering where they were, Jongin tried to shush them both. "We've got to stop," he whispered before another laugh overtook him.

Finally, the two had recovered, their cheeks still red and tear marks still displaying down the girl's face. As they looked at each other while a final giggle, she stuck out her hand, "I'm Anna by the way."

Looking at her face, it was evident she was waiting for him to introduce himself. Jongin looked at her in disbelief- she really didn't know who he was. With a huge smile breaking across his face, he reached out and grasped her hand. "And my name is Jongin," he said with a twinkle still in his eyes.

Jongin didn't know what he was expecting when he reached for her hand, but it certainly wasn't an electric sensation that seemed to run straight up his arm and into his heart and brain. Looking at her, her face seemed to mirror his own as her eyebrows raised in surprise.

"It's nice to meet you, Anna. Very nice to meet you in fact."